Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 (5513 Views)

How Much Will Seun Give The Winner Of Miss Nairaland 2015 / Seun Give Us #now Playing Section Asap! / Seun: Give Nairaland A Facelift! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
I made this thread for 2 reasons

1) To get my ban by Mynd_44 lifted
2) To remove Mynd_44 and give the religion section the chance to elect their own mods

1) My Ban
I dont want to explain again how Mynd_44 banned me for a very wrong reason. Here is my explanation;
https://www.nairaland.com/1447917/religion-complaints-thread-sticky/83#20388038

In summary
-Mynd_44 banned me for something that was not an insult but he claimed was an insult
-Mynd_44 has been following me around and hiding harmless comments of mine
-Mynd_44 is heavy handed

Following the 2 point in the summary, Mynd_44 has started hiding even more comments of others!! He did this after I claimed that he has been hiding mostly my own comments as compared to the total number of comments he has hidden. Can you imagine?

I am the second person in the space of 3 days that has reported Mynd on this general section. That should tell you how heavy-handed he is.
I am not the only one complaining about his heavy-handedness

2) Let the religion section members elect the mods they want

The lesson that Seun needs to learn is that you have to be careful when restricting what people believe in. This is why the religion section is volatile. You cant just tell people how they should express their beliefs. There needs to be some nuance and understanding.

This is why we keep having problems with mods in that section. Just look at Mynd_44- he thinks that he can use the same tactics he uses in his regular section to rule the religion section.

We need mods that understand the religion section and its frequent members. This is why Humbledbygrace and Ajibam failed. They were not "frequents" or regulars on that section. The exact same problem with Mynd_44

You can see now in hindsight that Jesoul and Manmustwacc (the original mods of the religion section) were great on the modding job. They knew the regulars and could keep things a bit calm.

What I suggest is that we need 3 mods elected by the people;
-A christian
-An Atheist
-A Pagan

I am saying this because I do care about the religion section. I am not innocent, I have been banned many times- some wrongly, some rightly. But I never left the religion section.

Seun, the solution is simple- 3 mods elected by the people and for the people. It solves 2 problems
1) The religious section people cant complain about the mods because they chose the mods themselves
2) We would have mods that are experts in the 3 major beliefs in that section and so, they can tackle the problems in each belief adequately

Regarding point number 2- we had 3 anti-catholic christian mods and catholics were treated so bad that even atheists had to pity them. So we need a meritocracy as well as a democracy.

Seun, people see you as a leader. Be a Mandela and not a Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nairaland is a business and not a country! If Mynd affects traffic Seun will respond but as long as he doesn't hurt the business,he'll be the mod.

Why are you dragging gej into this? You want to derail your own thread?

Lol,even when you are following the rules the mods keep hunting you! 'Why always me'- Balloteli
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 2:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
undecided
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Nairaland is a business and not a country! If Mynd affects traffic Seun will respond but as long as he doesn't hurt the business,he'll be the mod.

Why are you dragging gej into this? You want to derail your own thread?

Lol,even when you are following the rules the mods keep hunting you! 'Why always me'- Balloteli

Well, we will see what happens
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by sholay2011(m): 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
I am amazed at the way some ppl "carry NL for head" as if they're co-owners with Seun. Smh sad

1 Like

Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
If Seun heeds your request for the 3 mods as stated and they do not meet your expectation, what next?

2 Likes

Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by CriminalIbos: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
....Mynd-44 pls unbanned my account..!

[size=25pt]oga seun pls come to my rescue in politics room i was banned there...baba ooo [/size]
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
striktlymi: If Seun heeds your request for the 3 mods as stated and they do not meet your expectation, what next?

Like I said in the op....if we elect mods by ourselves out of the regulars, we can't complain. Plus I think that you, texanomaly and pagan would make great mods
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Criminal Ibos: ....Mynd-44 pls unbanned my account..!
Not gonna happen. Sorry
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by macof(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
LB has said it all

We should choose our own mods, it's safer and Moderating is more competent.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by psky: 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44: undecided

Hey mynd why don't you defend yourself when you ban people. Posting nothing but emoticons doesn't speak well of you at all, infact it would be better if you just ignored the thread.

But it would be best if you defend your actions.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Like I said in the op....if we elect mods by ourselves out of the regulars, we can't complain. Plus I think that you, texanomaly and pagan would make great mods

I may support a move to get a mod or two to support mynd because I think if he is giving the chance he would do great in the section. Though I think he is still trying to understand the section and in a bid to assert his authority he has made one or two minor mistakes but on the whole I think he has not done too badly.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
psky:

Hey mynd why don't you defend yourself when you ban people. Posting nothing but emoticons doesn't speak well of you at all, infact it would be better if you just ignored the thread.

But it would be best if you defend your actions.
The emoticon is me saying I am confused as to what he is implying na.

He said I banned him but I did cos he called someone an "Animal" he argued that it is not an insult but I think otherwise.

On his hidden posts, of his last 32, 4 were hidden by me, another by the spambot for duplication. Of the four, one was used to derail the complaints thread, another he called someone a "tool"(Fool), another an Animal and one a not so pleasant message to Ajibam.

So when he asks to be unbanned, I think I have the right to be confused
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by psky: 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:

He said I banned him but I did cos he called someone an "Animal" he argued that it is not an insult but I think otherwise.

On his hidden posts, of his last 32, 4 were hidden by me, another by the spambot for duplication. Of the four, one was used to derail the complaints thread, another he called someone a "tool"(Fool), another an Animal and one a not so pleasant message to Ajibam.

Great!

Now that you've explained yourself, you've let everyone know why you are justified banning him, and therefore why his actions are confusing you. And this is something an emoticon could never have done.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:

Mynd_44:

See the lies?

-"tool" does not mean "fool"
-You were not a mod when at least 25 of the last of my comments were hidden. Those 25 were mostly from discussing in the complaints section not insults.
-You read my mind to know what I implied by "animal" abi? Just as how you misread the meaning of "tool"
-Ajibam was derailing my thread and I told him to use his brain

So, clearly he has indicted himself. This is why he didnt want to explain his faulty reasons for banning me
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
psky:

Great!

Now that you've explained yourself, you've let everyone know why you are justified banning him, and therefore why his actions are confusing you. And this is something an emoticon could never have done.

He explained nothing....see how he has exposed himself
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:

Even worse, back up your claim where I duplicated stuff...you are now even trying to lie that I was spamming.....haba....I don suffer embarassed
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
psky:

Great!

And how are you sure I was not at a party trying to mix dancing with keeping a section sane? Most people who gets banned come up with an excuse for what they did and replying all of them is not wise. He brought the issue here to other mods and the admin not me so I think I dont have to explain to him.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by cheat4real: 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
42Gb is out for all network and it last for 7 months.. Contact me if interested on my 2go account. Cheatlord44, it cost a little ooo
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
By the way, I have made my last comment on this thread
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:

On his hidden posts, of his last 32, 4 were hidden by me, another by the spambot for duplication. Of the four, one was used to derail the complaints thread, [size=18pt]another he called someone a "tool"(Fool),[/size] another an Animal and one a not so pleasant message to Ajibam.

Please, anyone with a dictionary, does "tool" mean "fool"?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:

[size=18pt]On his hidden posts, of his last 32, 4 were hidden by me[/size], another by the spambot for duplication. Of the four, one was used to derail the complaints thread, another he called someone a "tool"(Fool), another an Animal and one a not so pleasant message to Ajibam.

In order to paint me as a bad person, Mynd_44 pulls out 32 hidden posts of mine most of which happened a long time before he was even a mod
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please, anyone with a dictionary, does "tool" mean "fool"?
Maybe I will just reply you for the fun of it

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool

Have funtonguetonguetongue
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

In order to paint me as a bad person, Mynd_44 pulls out 32 hidden posts of mine most of which happened a long time before he was even a mod

Actually, I used the statistic based on this link

https://www.nairaland.com/logicboy03/posts

count how many hidden posts are there tonguetongue
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:

He said I banned him but I did cos he called someone an "Animal" he argued that it is not an insult [size=18pt]but I think otherwise[/size].

So you now ban on what you are not sure of? You "think"? How about doing things based on what you "know" rather than "think"?

You misinterpreted my comment and how I used the word animal

If calling someone "animal" is enough for banishment

What about

"mumu"?
"Intellectually weak"?

These are clear cut insults that I showed you after I got banned.......did you ban the people who used those two insults?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

So you now ban on what you are not sure of? You "think"? How about doing things based on what you "know" rather than "think"?

You misinterpreted my comment and how I used the word animal

If calling someone "animal" is enough for banishment

What about

"mumu"?
"Intellectually weak"?

These are clear cut insults that I showed you after I got banned.......did you ban the people who used those two insults?
Well that's why I asked that you use the "report to moderator feature" more often tongue. Thanks for reporting Enigma's post to me.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Any one can see the dishonesty of this mod called mynd. On the same page he linked us to, we have this. Please, pay attention to the bold.

Tool
A person, typically male, who says or does things that cause you to give them a 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look. The 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look is classified by a glare in the tool's direction and is usually accompanied by muttering of how big of a tool they are. The tool is usually someone who is unwelcome but no one has the balls to tell them to get lost. The tool is alwasys making comments that are out-of-place, out-of-line or just plain stupid. The tool is always trying too hard to fit in, and because of this, never will

For some strange reasons, mynd could read LBs mind to know he actually meant to say fool when the second explanation of tool gives the best idea of what happened.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
Maybe I will just reply you for the fun of it

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool

Have funtonguetonguetongue

See the lies? Urban dictionary? Really?

In this MSO question, the author refers to himself as sounding like a "tool". What does this mean? Specifically, the way it is used in the linked question implies that being a tool means being pompous or infatuated with oneself, whereas the urban dictionary and wiktionary write that it means one is being used without knowing it. Is the way it is used in that question an acceptable variant or did the OP make a mistake in usage confusing a popular word for a different concept?
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/45649/what-does-it-mean-to-call-someone-a-tool

Tool also means "pompous" or "douche"
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
Well that's why I asked that you use the "report to moderator feature" more often tongue. Thanks for reporting Enigma's post to me.

Biased mod

What about the other insult? Bias?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
rationalmind: Any one can see the dishonesty of this mod called mynd. On the same page he linked us to, we have this. Please, pay attention to the bold.

For some strange reasons, mynd could read LBs mind to know he actually meant to say fool when the second explanation of tool gives the best idea of what happened.
you keep forgetting there is something called context. tonguetonguetongue oh I did not ban him for it, I just hid the offensive post tonguetonguetongue
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
Can everyone see how Mynd_44 consistently misinterprets my comments?

Is it clear now?

rationalmind: Any one can see the dishonesty of this mod called mynd. On the same page he linked us to, we have this. Please, pay attention to the bold.

Tool
A person, typically male, who says or does things that cause you to give them a 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look. The 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look is classified by a glare in the tool's direction and is usually accompanied by muttering of how big of a tool they are. The tool is usually someone who is unwelcome but no one has the balls to tell them to get lost. The tool is alwasys making comments that are out-of-place, out-of-line or just plain silly. The tool is always trying too hard to fit in, and because of this, never will

Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Mynd44: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Biased mod

What about the other insult? Bias?
Hidden too. If you find others, please bring em to my attention.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Latest FUTO Post Utme/aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers / Unbelievable Works Of Art: Olumide Oresegun VS Others, Who Paints Better? / Come And Board Tehn's Annual Charity Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.