Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President (482 Views)

Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption / What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President by gabbytabby: 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
In the days of open letters, I invite fellow Nairalanders to write their own open letters so that they get a sense of what the citizenry are thinking at all this political gerrymanderings going on.

Declaration of Interest - I am a Nigerian and have no affiliation and not a member of any political party

My Open Letter

PDP Mr President's Faction

You have demonstrated that you are new to the game and need to change tactics. To lead from the front, you need to sit (note I did not say eat) at the enemy's table. How do you get incite into his plans for you if you isolate him. They will make the country ungovernable for you, they have set up boko haram to destabilize the country and promote disunity. You need to adopt the concept of carrot and stick. OBJ is not an enemy cos he won the war for your people (13% oil derivation to the south south is a big thing to achieve in Nigeria) he did try to compensate some of the North for this mainly the leaders but the rumbelings started since then and escalated during your term. An Ijaw man has come from being the butt of lazy man jokes to a place of respectability in the Nigerian society. You have finally won the fight and now get compensation for the destruction of you ancestry lands and waters for the greater good. When you have won the war, that is not the time to show your muscle but a time to be magnanimous with those with sour head.

GEJ - I do not know your roots and that is besides the point. There is a concern that I have come to discover when an igbo man heads or leads (only while investigating possible companies to buy shares from) and I see you going down that route and my concern is that in that route lies your self fulfilling prophecy (It is a destructive path). Most companies headed by an Igbo CEO is charaterised by about 90% members of the board being of Igbo extraction while others headed by Hausa or Yoruba are a better reflection of the federal charater. I know you might feel the need for self preservation and surrounding yourself with your people and those you feel you can trust but do not provide the enemy with the ammunition that he has been looking for.

There are moderates from every sector of society and while you started well, you need to continue to make use of them and, use them to draw in their own. Dont let them use your brother to pitch against you. At times, it is the elders time to admonish and, at times the elder will draw together and pat on the shoulder to remind that there is a greater war to be fought not from within but with the outsider.

What do you seriously think would happen if 75% plus of the senior positions in the country are of people representing about 25% of the Nigerian population. Its not enough to say you are for one Nigeria. Let your deeds match your words.

We want to join with you and
-Build the nation by building infrastructure that ease the lives of the citizenry and start to see that re-investment of the subsidy you promised
-Get rid of the cabals that are holding the country to ransom and hunt down our money that was stolen and use it to benefit our people.
-Make our representatives accountable for their stewardship, reward and promote those that do a good job
-Make electrification a problem of the past.
-Restore respect for the law of the land and wage war not with one another but against indiscipline and corruption.

and so many more.

So help us God.
Re: Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President by immortalcrown(m): 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Delivered.
Re: Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President by Itzurgalvivian(f): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
amen undecidedamen
Re: Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President by gabbytabby: 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Front page please moderator.
Re: Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nipost on strike
immortalcrown: Delivered.
Nipost on strike
Re: Nairalanders Open Letter To Mr President by isacolukay(m): 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Itzurgalvivian: amen undecidedamen

Baby, it is neither a prayer nor a church sermon. Abi na church u dey dey visit Nairaland?

(1) (Reply)

Governor In An Interview With Frontline Of Ait / Baba Iyabo This Time! / National Hunger Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.