Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,080 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This (5593 Views)

Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men / Reasons Why Dating A Foreign Lady Is Better / How To Marry A Foreign lady (guys Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by lovetterrison(m): 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
How Do I Find True Love In Nigeria?

How do I find a true love, how do I find the right life partner, how do I know that my boyfriend wants me for marriage, how do I know that my boyfriend truly loves me, how do I avoid being used and dumped by a man? All these questions and more are often the usual questions that occupy the minds of majority of single ladies globally, and it is no doubt that these questions are critical questions that also calls for a critical answer. In this very write-up, I am not going to answer those questions, but I will indirectly give clues on how to manage such situations, meanwhile, if you truly want to learn more or find answers to the above questions, then you must find time to go through some of my relationship articles, by navigating through my profile. But for now, I am going to focus on assisting foreign ladies wishing or desiring to get married to a Nigerian man, or best, to assist foreign ladies already in a committed relationship with a Nigerian man, and are probably contemplating on settling down with him.

Before I forge ahead, I would like to make a promise to all my readers (as usual) that whatever information I shall be revealing here, shall be based on zero partiality, prejudice or favoritism. Again, I want to stress again that I am going to be as honest as possible in disclosing some useful information that would assist all foreign ladies desiring to marry a Nigerian man. And if you are a Nigerian guy reading this article, please, do not feel bad, I am only trying to assist people (particularly innocent foreign ladies) to enjoy a happy loving relationship built on true love. Haven made things clear, let’s move on.

Who Is A Nigerian Man?

Nigeria to start with, is a country located in the western region of Africa, with over 140,000,000 populations as at the last census. Nigeria is majorly a black African nation, blessed with numerous mineral resources, especially the black crude oil, found bountifully in the south-south, and south-east regions of Nigeria. Nigeria comprises of so many tribes, but the major tribes or dominant tribes in Nigeria are: Ibo, Hausa, and Yoruba.

Nigeria was colonized by Britain, and as a result, its official language is English, with other local dialects, viz. Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba, as the major dominant local dialects.

If you want to define a Nigerian man, you must first identify his tribal origin, whether he is Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa. I intentionally ignored other tribes to make this write-up snappy, and for the fact that other minor tribes have their cultures and traditions revolving around the major three tribes I have mentioned above. Haven identified his tribe, you need to also find out his religious background, but if he is Ibo, there’s no need for further investigation because 99.9% of Ibos are Christian by religion. But if he is a Yoruba, then you need to find out his religion because in Yoruba tribe, there are majorly three dominant religions- Christianity, Islam, and Ifa. For the Hausas, 98% practice Islam.

We also have the Bini, Ijaw, Ogoni, Fulani, etc. But they are in minority.

To give you a basic understanding of the Nigerian man, I will classify them in three, based on the three major tribes- Ibo, Yoruba, and Hausa.

The Ibo Man

The Ibo man originated from the Ibo tribe, found in the south-eastern region of Nigeria. By history, Ibos are known for trade and little agricultural activities like farming with hoe, etc. An Ibo man loves business, trade and anything that will make him to be in constant contact with money. The Ibos paid less attention to western education during colonialism, but after the civil war which ended in 1969, the Ibos diversified their interest to include western education, business, and for this reasons and more, they began to migrate within and across the Nigerian borders, which is the single reason why in every 10 Nigerians you see in a foreign nation, 4 is Ibo. Their desperate desire for success, financial prosperity, and wealth can be traced back to their ancestral history. History has also traced Ibo tribe to have an ancestral linkage with the Jews, and this can be seen in their ingenuity in so many human activities, especially in trade, craft, local technology, etc.

Ibos are no doubt the heart and prime movers of the Nigerian economy. They are innovative, creative, ambitious, peaceful, etc, but they love financial prosperity more than any other thing in life. You can play with an Ibo man’s life, but don’t play with his money! So when dealing with an Ibo man, make sure you don’t play with his wallet; therefore, if you guard his wallet for him, you will always be his best friend. And this love for financial breakthrough is one of the things that make them very creative and ambitious in whatever they do in life. Note this, any shop, business, etc owned by a Nigerian in your country, go and find out, it is owned or founded by an Ibo man. The above assertion is not just applicable in foreign nations alone, but also in Nigeria.

What am I trying to say in essence? An Ibo man always carry in mind his monetary gain or benefit in whatever thing he does in life- be it business, education, relationship, etc. It is this trait that earned Ibos criticisms from other Nigerian tribes, because in whatever they are doing, they are always conscious of what they would gain financially. To wrap it up, Ibo man is just similar to a Chinese man in terms of- money consciousness, creativity, and craftsmanship.

The Ibo man of today dislikes polygamy, and he has his immediate family (parents and siblings) at heart, and if you want to win his heart, don’t play with his immediate family. In fact, if you want to win his heart fast, and maybe get him running after you for marriage, you must show a committed interest in his immediate family.

The Yoruba Man

The Yoruba man comes from the Yoruba tribe, found in the south-western part of Nigeria. They are also found in Haiti, Togo, etc. The Yoruba man loves partying, celebrations and ceremonies, and he wouldn’t mind borrowing to celebrate a ceremony- be it burial, child-naming, birthday, marriage, memorial, etc.

The Yorubas are the most educated tribe in Nigeria, and it has been a popular saying in Nigeria that in every Yoruba family, there is a professor. The Yorubas of the ancient times are known with agriculture (cocoa farming, rubber, etc). They are the pioneers of Nigeria’s legal sector, and they are very good in that aspect. The Yoruba man is more immune to polygamy than the Ibo man. The Yoruba man loves peace a lot, and he is ready to part away with his money to make peace.

If you want a Yoruba man to have you at heart, always take him to parties, and if possible, organize parties for him often, and you’re his best friend.

The Hausa Man

The Hausas are found in the northern part of Nigeria, and they have certain things in common with the North African nations, maybe as a result of their religion. Their most valued treasure is their Islamic religion; don’t joke with it if you want to live in peace with them.

They are known with agricultural activities in large scale- farming, cattle rearing, etc. Honestly, they are the food hub of Nigeria. They are polygamous in nature, and it is also traditional for a Hausa man to marry more than one wife, if he so desires.

The Hausa man is peace-loving without his religion (Islam), he is generous, in fact, he is the most generous man amongst all Nigerian tribes, he’s not so conscious of money, and he’s ready to die for his religious belief. If you are not an Islam, it might be impossible for a Hausa man to marry you.

Before Falling In Love With A Nigerian Man

Haven learned one or two things about the Nigerian man, let’s now look at some vital facts you mustn’t ignore when deciding to date or marry a Nigerian man abroad.

If you truly want to marry or date a Nigerian man living abroad, and enjoy a lasting, genuine relationship, follow the rules below:

Don’t marry a Nigerian man living illegally in your country or any foreign nation. A Nigerian man that finally made the harsh decision to leave his homeland to migrate to a foreign nation without legal travel and resident permits will do anything beyond his comfort to remain in that foreign nation because he knows that home is not the best for him. Therefore, he wouldn’t mind marrying a foreign lady he may not truly love or like just to secure a resident permit. Therefore, if you truly want a lasting, genuine relationship or marriage with a Nigerian man abroad, make sure he is a legal resident with good means of livelihood.

Don’t marry a Nigerian man you met abroad until you have known his true identity as regards to- marital status, family background, etc.

I made this point because some Nigerian men you see in your country are already married to a Nigerian lady here in Nigeria before they set out to travel abroad to look for a greener pasture.

Don’t marry a Nigerian man without a tertiary educational background.

He might have been frustrated in life and seeking for a way out, and just fake love to get something from you, and once he gets that, he is off.

If you truly have interest in Nigerian men, and you want to marry or date a Nigerian man, search for those living comfortably in Nigeria with the above qualities.

If truly you want a sincere Nigerian man to marry or date, get one who is not living in Europe/America, etc illegally, and make sure he is doing a good steady job and well educated up to tertiary level. You know why? Because such Nigerians go into relationship with foreigners out of love and not for anything else like: securing permanent residence, monetary gains, etc.

Unfortunately, most of the aforementioned class of Nigerians would rather prefer to come back home and look for a wife, you know why? Because our cultural and traditional values are different, stronger and as such, supports marriage better. For instance, when a typical Nigerian couple is going through marital crises, they would hardly ever throw in the towel like it is generally done in the western countries. Remember, marriage in Nigeria is a union of two families- the man’s and the woman’s family, and as such the families would step in if things are getting out of hand and they would do whatever they can to settle the matter amicably within the family level. Nigerians in general, have unquestionable respect for their parents and would listen and obey them at any point in time.

The western culture is very weak in this aspect; marriage is just between the couples, families are not expected to come in, whether in good or in bad. Divorce is part of the western culture, which is a fall out of the replace and don't repair concept. In western countries today, laws have made it very lucrative for women to divorce their husbands as such they don't even work hard at sustaining their marriages, since they would benefit more when the marriage is torn apart in a law court. In fact most western women instead of looking for ways of resolving marital crises, prefer to threaten their man with divorce, and this is a situation a true Nigerian man snares at.

Our culture also has roles and responsibilities for men and women in marriage. The woman looks after the day to day running of the home while the man provides for the home. It is deeply entrenched in our tradition and this has helped to maintain the respect and harmony in the house. The 50/50 concept of the western culture means there are two captains in one ship, resulting to unnecessary tension, arguments and confusion on roles and responsibilities. I know that some readers may not agree to this because to them it is the best practice, but let me now challenge you, how come the business world is yet to adopt this 50/50 concept if it is truly a good practice?

The bottom line of it all is that a typical Nigerian man with no hindrances would prefer to come back home to marry a Nigerian girl, so if you are non-Nigerian and in a relationship with a true Nigerian man then shine your eyes well! Or just take it as it is without expecting too much, that’s my word for now, good luck!

My Eye-Opening Book for Foreign Ladies Dating Nigerian Men

Dear fans and readers,

I want to officially announce to you guys the launch of my eye-opening book titled: "Before You Marry Your Nigerian Man", which I want to advice and encourage all foreign ladies dating, in a relationship or married to a Nigerian man to get a copy.

I wrote the book after years of helping foreign ladies fix their relationships and after helping to guide foreign ladies to make the best choice when befriending Nigerian men...you will come back to say: THANK YOU. I just published the book...and Amazon just approved it and added it to their Amazon Kindle store after a rigorous review of the book.

Kindly find the book here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7NOF36

1 Like

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by xynerise: 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Is this some kind of a social studies class? undecided
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by lovetterrison(m): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
xynerise: Is this some kind of a social studies class? undecided
Probably
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
In case...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Gboliwe: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
For me to have read that lenghty post shows you are a good writer. It is captivating. Hope it sells.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by 1stola: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
brb
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by solomon111(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
I didn't bother to read this epistle as it looks like one of those generalized stories.
I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
I fit bet ma papa salary sey u no get job
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by 190theclown: 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
OP Na God go punish you

E-diot b-astard low life muraphucka angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by druid06(m): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
This is by far the most poorly and ridiculous piece of bullcrap I've ever come across.
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by lovetterrison(m): 1:06am On Dec 23, 2013
190-the-clown:
OP Na God go punish you

silence is the best answer..you know what i mean ,your life need complete refurbish if not..i pity ur generation

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by 190theclown: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2013
lovetterrison:

silence is the best answer..you know what i mean ,your life need complete refurbish if not..i pity ur generation

Your papa!

E-diot oshi, Ewu nama angry
Jobless He-goat undecided
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by vizkiz: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2013
190-the-clown:

Your papa!

na so dt word pain u reach? undecided
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Maycher(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2013
So long.....DAAYYUUMM!!!!!!
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Why you dey swear foram.wetin she do you grin grin why body con dey pepper you na grin
190-the-clown:
OP Na God go punish you

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is really interesting and impressive toosmiley just visited the Amazon purchase page and someone has already dropped a review thanking the author, that means its really a great book. Wonderful step taken to enlighten our beloved foreign sisters. I wish the moderator can move this to the front page, it merits it. Well done.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by 190theclown: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
^Moderators dare not move this trash to any FP!

What sort of silly generalization is this

mschewwww angry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by dayoungmoney1: 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hmm...
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by lovetterrison(m): 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
190-the-clown:

Your papa!

Ignored grin grin grin Go $ Die
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by lovetterrison(m): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
190-the-clown:
^Moderators dare not move this trash to any FP!

What sort of silly generalization is this

mschewwww angry

Communist Alert!!!
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by 190theclown: 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
lovetterrison:
Ignored grin grin grin Go $ Die

after you .. e-diot oshi, go and advice your generations before u advice others angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by oyinbogirl(f): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Cool tips thanks & funny too!
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by lovetterrison(m): 11:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
190-the-clown:

after you .. e-diot oshi, go and advice your generations before u advice others angry

Omo Ale Omo NNA
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by ebbymayox(m): 1:33am On Feb 13, 2015
Are you a foreigner dating ,planning to marry, or may be married to a Nigerian man? re you planning to move back to Nigeria with your newly wedded charming Nigerian man? There are some important stuffs you need know beforehand. Before I continue will like to state that you disregard my title (pun intended), this really isn’t a manual, and else it sound like a Nigerian man is a machine

There are a lot of stereotypes on the internet about dating Nigerian men, but like you already know there is always two side to a coin. I will be talking more here about a decent Nigerian man, or isn’t that what you’re looking for or prefer to have?. So how is a descent Nigerian different, or aren’t men the same around the world?

Of course men can't be the same, we might have similar triggers and desires but not the same cultural upbringing, values or expectations.

I am not a relationship expert but I am decent Nigerian man so I know a lot about us. Here I will be giving heads up about some dos and don’ts you should prepare yourself for when dating or marrying a descent Nigerian man (note that I said descent Nigerian)

People go into inter racial marriages for different reasons, and like any other inter racial marriage, there will always be a cultural shock when two people with different backgrounds are in a relationship.

For you to truly show you love a Nigerian man, you need to embrace his people and cultures.

We Nigerians are everywhere, in the unexpected places you will find us. Someone once said Nigerian are like a coca cola drink, you find then everywhere, this is often because we like to travel and explore, we Nigerians call it- Hustle. This account for the reason why we have a very high interracial marriage ratio.

Nigeria is a country made up of a lot of tribes, every tribe has its own unique culture same also for the dos and don’ts

Regardless, Nigerian men have a lot in common due the fact that the Nigerian culture share some common values and ethics, and don’t get me wrong here, all Nigerian men are not the same, just like all your fingers are not equal

First don’t try to change a Nigerian man to suit your standards, while it may seems that you’re winning the race it won’t take long for him to erupt, so it’s better you learn and try to come to a compromise with his ways. We grew up in families that hold strong cultural ethics, ethics that may take you some time to understand.

To make things quite easy and lovely for you, I will be explaining the dos and don’ts in a list so you have less problem dating Nigerian men.

read the list after the cut :http://www.tlkdrum.com/the-manual-to-dating-a-nigerian-man/
Re: If You Are Getting Married To A Nigerian Man As A Foreign Lady Read This by Watchfreak: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hi. Please I will like your advice . I am. Nigerian guy planning to get married to a Singaporean. Our plan is for her to live in Nigeria. Please I will like you to guide me on the visa process and steps. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Is "You Are A White Girl Dipped In Chocolate" A Compliment? / Lady Goes Nude In Stadium During A Live Soccer Match / My Story! How I Battled And Cured Premature Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.