Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,832 members, 7,798,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad (30446 Views)

Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? / British Airways Offers Promo Fares To London For Nigerian Travelers / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by kingarizona(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2013
S
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by voodoogangster(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2013
My friend came to pay me a visit 15yrs ago we were waiting for the c3 bus from shepard bush to Kensington
Other people were waiting for the bus immediately the bus arrived the guy rush the door thinking he was in lagos he was even running to the bus still in motion then when he jumped in realizing how everyone was on a straight line he kept quiet when we got to our destination he asked the driver were the conductor was so he could pay

12 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by Pray(m): 11:57am On Dec 23, 2013
First time i was in Copahagen, i stepped one foot on zebra crossing while chatting with friends by the road not knowing i have caused traffic because zebra crossing is well respected abroad.

8 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by ichidodo: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Had me a mouthful of snow...Just fulfilling a childhood dream

11 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by IamDebola: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by moscobabs(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
my own dey funny ooo,as a dey waka in my street with my uncle,con see how a dey look left and right as person wey dey mad,I dey carry Camera dey snap everything wey I see,I just dey snap pix with any oyinbo wey I see.
wen we reach our house,na hin my uncle dey yab me sey a dey embarass ham...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by kemzykoko(f): 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
ichidodo: Had me a mouthful of snow...Just fulfilling a childhood dream
I still av that dream too.. Hope it will come to pass ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by bigx(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
I de use eye look who de my front so I hardly make mistakes,

Mine was,

Wearing shirt and sweater when I first got to amsterdam mid winter (I think say winter na a.c I no no say na deep freezer people de leave)

Going to shop and asking where to keep my existing bags (a 'la Nigerian method of preventing shoplifting)

Eating "all I can eat" anytime I lodge with "all you can eat breakfast"

Wondering why people clean their tables and clear the plates in mc donalds

Going to Paris with a 3 word french vocabulary (luckily d Babe I carry na Canadian na she save my life, I for suffer)

Crossing to the left, right and left again in London to determine where to board the bus and not being sure which way to look when crossing (them de drive for the wrong side)

Throwing food in the recycle bin and vexing when they carry everybody's own and not mine

Keeping cartons outside next to the dustbin and getting a "fly tipping" warning

Getting scammed of 100£ by an Indian "guru" in birmingham

Buying expensive food I don't understand it's name/contents and pretending I enjoyed it

Buying lyca, lebara and giffgaff on landing in London in case of "bad network"

Smiling and nodding when I don't get the bloody accents (not changing mine for anything too)

Standing at the left side of the escalator (especially at Euston station) and wondering; Why all the hate? undecided

To be continued....

17 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by ngbede69: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
I remember when i came in first, i was asked to take the trash out, i took it out and emptied the content then returned the bin bag back to be used another time.. If you see shout wey my uncle shout for my head ehn...

20 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by afamjb: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pstsmith: lol...has anyone seen my twitter handel
pstsmith abeg wetin b handel? E dey get colour?

1 Like

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by Taiwo20(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pstsmith: lol...has anyone seen my twitter handel

Nope, na when e lose?

1 Like

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by pappilo(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
* Taking only one (1) meat when serving food from the pot.

* My first visit was during summer (August) and I slept with a leather jacket and thick socks. The summer cold die.

* Trying to use cold water to have a shower like I normally did in Uni. I almost died.

* Didnt know I had to wave my hand for a bus to stop at a Request stop. The bus didnt stop and just went past. I started crying and I thought to myself it was cause I was black.

26 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by Iceslizer(f): 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
ichidodo: Had me a mouthful of snow...Just fulfilling a childhood dream
. Lol. I did that too grin

5 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by gnot: 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
u wicked grin grin grin.
olumidazz: I remember for up to 10 days each time I wake up I go rush pick my cloths go iron thinking of nepa immidiately after which I will remember nepa no dey 4 atlanta.
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by gnot: 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
on ma way to borno state undecided

1 Like

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by chairman: 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ok na, no be some years ago when I from ekok enter limbe, as we arrive for morning as I see mama put joint I enter, come give the woman 200 cfa equivelent of say #50 and everybody was looking at me, and the woman come bring out this very big plate and started heaping this rice and I did not see anyother customer around ask what is this and she said you and that she is going to use another plate to put my beans i did not know what to do again because I was not acting like i am new in town

7 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by chairman: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ok na, no be some years ago when I from ekok enter limbe, as we arrive for morning as I see mama put joint I enter, come give the woman 200 cfa equivelent of say #50 and everybody was looking at me, and the woman come bring out this very big plate and started heaping this rice and I did not see anyother customer around ask what is this and she said you and that she is going to use another plate to put my beans i did not know what to do again because I was not acting like i am new in town make una no ves o, cameroun na outside country o.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by kglamour(m): 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
gnot: on ma way to borno state undecided
congratulations bro. travelling abroad from naija to republic of bokoharam no easy.
please don't pick akara for ground ooooo, Na bomb. and dont kpekush their mata
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
My own? When i piss for toilet, instead of me to just flush the toilet straight, i carry container, on water for sink, come dey scoop water dey pour for toilet. When my cousins catch me... Damn that was embarrassing. I also remember walking on the streets of hackney and i sneeze openly. Na so oyibo people dey give me gap, some even crossed to the other side of the road. I didn't know that disposable plates were thrown away. Na so i dey keep them under bed. Chai! Na that experience make me know say lagos na JUNGLE. Though some of these happened. many years ago sha.

6 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by ichommy(m): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
olumidazz: I remember for up to 10 days each time I wake up I go rush pick my cloths go iron thinking of nepa immidiately after which I will remember nepa no dey 4 atlanta.

Lol
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by zonax(m): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
It was my first time in london (August 2010), went to Mac donalds and requsted for a plate of fried rice and chicken. Ma bro laughed the sh*t out of me that very day. He even made a joke off that at a party we went to in Dagenham then. grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by aventura: 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
lol.......

let's keep it coming..
confesson time...don't be shy
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by aventura: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
zonax: It was my first time in london (August 2010), went to Mac donalds and requsted for a plate of fried rice and chicken. Ma bro laughed the sh*t out of me that very day. He even made a joke off that at a party we went to in Dagenham then. grin

Bleep up ... you for order for moi moi na

1 Like

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tschew! OP, are you sure you've left the shores of Nigeria before? undecided

BTW, who attends an outing and starts to pick bottles in Nigeria? Maybe Yaba left escapees like the OP undecided

4 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by princeFAD: 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
Bros,na Norway u dey?

henryboff:

Bros picking bottle make sense for where I dey oo. The bottle na money ooo so nothing strange about that. I know some guys wey dey make more than 50K naira equivalent from pickin bottle.
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by KingEdwardI(m): 1:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
I remember the first time I travelled to the United Kingdom. Was quite young then. Whenever the hostesses (Beautiful Creatures) came to I & my sister with the 'buffalo' asking what we would like to eat & drink..... Didn't hear a word of what she said apart from salad & lemonade (though she mentioned other choices as well). Throughout the flight, I kept asking for salad & lemonade for myself & younger sister who was sat next to me. Although it was a day I'd never forget, I learnt one thing though....being bloated from the lemonade (fizzy drinks in general) didn't go well with my flatulence-inducing salad (depending on your bowels).....the rest is history wink
Sometimes on thinking back after hearing some friends' experiences, you wonder how quickly things have changed.
I Rep Bolton (Trotter for Life)
Luv the Geordie accent btw

1 Like

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by kcjazz(m): 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Subconsciously, I iron my clothes as soon as I finish washing so NEPA don't strike. grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by ichidodo: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
kemzykoko: I still av that dream too.. Hope it will come to pass ooo.
As long as you holdfast to your dreams, why not? and i could give you heads up what to look for snowwise *wink wink*
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by ichidodo: 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
Iceslizer: . Lol. I did that too grin
Lol.How was it? Taste like chicken??
Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by jude33084(m): 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
ngbede69: I remember when i came in first, i was asked to take the trash out, i took it out and emptied the content then returned the bin bag back to be used another time.. If you see shout wey my uncle shout for my head ehn...

which bush you come from self grin grin grin

No mind me joor wink

1 Like

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by bigx(m): 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Going to Edinburgh and eating Indian food...

and farting for the next 2 days non stop

Now If I see "Indian food" for signboard sef fear de enter my bone

4 Likes

Re: Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad by Caracta(f): 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
I really can't stop laughing. Funny thread

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In Georgia? / Family Car Plunges Into Lagoon In Lagos, Wife And Child Die (Photos) / Sanwo-olu Approves Bus Fare Increase By 46 Per Cent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.