Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven (1125 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Being a good person:It's not by work neither is it by power

2.Having a good conscience:It is not a prerequisite

3. Having the gift of the Holyspirit: Having them does not mean you are still operating under him,do you remember that when He leaves he always leave his gifts behind but his fruit will leave.Those fruits still abounding in that person's life will begin to rotten as there is no stem and root to make it continue growing.

Going to church.Church going is so different to christainity,Christainity is different from Discipleship.

5.Being a worker in the church: Because one is a worker in church does not prove his/her loyalty to the king.Judas Iscariot was working for Jesus,Ananais and Saphira also but they were not working in God.So,never be deceived.

6Alm-giving will not take you near heaven

7. Prayer is just a communication and Not a visa to heaven.

8.Fasting is to help you connect better to heaven but it is also not a prequisite for making heaven
9.Preaching.
10.Wroughting miracle.:Jesus said in the end time people will come and say lord,Lord, we have preached and performed miracle in your name but he will say i know you not.

Question:
Then what do we need.
Answer
Holiness and Humility.
Matter 5:5 Blessed are the meek; for they shall inerit the earth
Mattew 5:8
Blesses are the pure in heart;For they shall see God.
Mattew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in thhe spirit;for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Hebrew 12:14
Follow peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the lord.

http://jesushots./2013/12/22/10-thingd-that-cannot-take-us-to-heaven/

1 Like

Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by raptureready: 4:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Humility is a part of holiness.

So I would say Salvation and Holiness.

Then you're good2go... wink
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
rapture_ready: Humility is a part of holiness.

So I would say Salvation and Holiness.

Then you're good2go... wink

Bro.I thnk humily cause salvation.
Or whhat do u thhnk
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by raptureready: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Divepen:

Bro.I thnk humily cause salvation.
Or whhat do u thhnk

I'm not sure I follow you. Expand on that a little bit, pls
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Someone's post was idden..sorry o

/ Rapture ready,if u wl agree with me before a person becomes saved he/she have to be ready to surrender his/her life to Jesus ...only humility can take u dere
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by Bunker1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
all I know is 10 things that can take me to heaven ( ten commandment)
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by anselm791(m): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
If English is still going to be the language we will speak in heaven then you're going to have to work on yours. I got your message though, and I still thing there's only one Way, one Truth, one Life and you all know Him.
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by raptureready: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Divepen: Someone's post was idden..sorry o

/ Rapture ready,if u wl agree with me before a person becomes saved he/she have to be ready to surrender his/her life to Jesus ...only humility can take u dere

Personally, I'll say it's conviction by the Holy Spirit.

Humility is also necessary. Good call.
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
anselm791: If English is still going to be the language we will speak in heaven then you're going to have to work on yours. I got your message though, and I still thing there's only one Way, one Truth, one Life and you all know Him.
Then we r brodaz...lol
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by raptureready: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
^^^^
Lolz

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by bizmahn: 6:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Divepen: 1.

3. Having the gift of the Holyspirit: Having them does not mean you are still operating under him,do you remember that when He leaves he always leave his gifts behind but his fruit will leave.Those fruits still abounding in that person's life will begin to rotten as there is no stem and root to make it continue growing.

Going to church.Church going is so different to christainity,Christainity is different from Discipleship.

5.Being a worker in the church: Because one is a worker in church does not prove his/her loyalty to the king.Judas Iscariot was working for Jesus,Ananais and Saphira also but they were not working in God.So,never be deceived.

8.Fasting is to help you connect better to heaven but it is also not a prequisite for making heaven
9.Preaching.
10.Wroughting miracle.:Jesus said in the end time people will come and say lord,Lord, we have preached and performed miracle in your name but he will say i know you not.

Question:
Then what do we need.
Answer
Holiness and Humility.
Follow peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the lord.

@OP Genuine repentance with total withdrawal from all known sins can get people started on the heavenly journey.All things you listed above are EXTREMENLY IMPORTANT to sustain & keep one in the christian jounrney afterwards.In fact without some of them e.g prayer,fasting,being good,pure conscience, a christian will COMPLETELY backslide or wind up in deep secret sins.
I mean to say we cannot in any way downplay the role the things you outlined in a believers life.In summary FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD.Repent totally without arming yourself with the items in that list & the person is sure to miss heaven.The decision & actions must work together in synergy if heaven must be achieved.Stay blessed.
Re: 10 Thing That Cannot Take Us To Heaven by bizmahn: 6:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Divepen: 1.

9.Preaching.

Question:
Then what do we need.
Answer
Holiness and Humility.

@OP Genuine repentance with total withdrawal from all known sins can get people started on the heavenly journey.All things you listed above are EXTREMENLY IMPORTANT to sustain & keep one in the christian jounrney afterwards.In fact without some of them e.g prayer,fasting,being good,pure conscience, a christian will COMPLETELY backslide or wind up in deep secret sins.
I mean to say we cannot in any way downplay the role the things you outlined in a believers life.In summary FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD.Repent totally without arming yourself with the items in that list & the person is sure to miss heaven.The decision & actions must work together in synergy if heaven must be achieved.

(1) (Reply)

"What Does The Bible Say About Verbal Abuse?" / Is Christian Salvation True Or False / Prophet Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congreagtion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.