Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:30 PM

The Heart Of A Pastor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Heart Of A Pastor (2982 Views)

Breaking News...islam Again In The Heart Of France. / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? / Hpw Can I Become A Pastor In Rccg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by LifeQuest(m): 12:03am On Jan 09, 2014
Chapter Seven is the break of innocence ... and it will be updated ...thanks for reading and keep reading. I celeberate you
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by texanomaly(f): 12:08am On Jan 09, 2014
still following...
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by LifeQuest(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2014
texanomaly: still following...

Nice to know that ...I hope you will follow my daily nugget too? I am starting today
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by texanomaly(f): 12:52am On Jan 09, 2014
LifeQuest:

Nice to know that ...I hope you will follow my daily nugget too? I am starting to day

cool...thanks
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by delishpot: 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
My support!
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by LifeQuest(m): 1:19am On Jan 10, 2014
delishpot: My support!

Tanx
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by Gamboh55(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
Following sir...nice write up
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by LifeQuest(m): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
Gamboh55: Following sir...nice write up

Tanx...update coming soon
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by CEEY01(f): 8:24am On Jan 28, 2018
What happened? It's over 3years and the story is not complete. I love the story n it's very inspiring, was it updated elsewhere
Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by LifeQuest(m): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2018
CEEY01:
What happened? It's over 3years and the story is not complete. I love the story n it's very inspiring, was it updated elsewhere

Hmmnn...thanks for this reminder. I have been extremely busy with my doctoral dissertation. However, I will make time out to continue. Thanks sis for this reminder. I can't remember when last i visited nairaland.

1 Like

Re: The Heart Of A Pastor by LifeQuest(m): 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
CHAPTER 7: A BREAK OF INNOCENCE

My performance at school improved greatly. This was because one of our neighbours ensured I did my home works while her children did their too. It was fun staying in Omu-Aran except for my dad's numerous trips that made me most ofstealinge, a 'flat-lord'. The neighborhood was also becoming very notorious and boisterous. Next to our building was a palm wine joint. Across the street was a beer parlour and not too far was a cigarette warehouse. Almost every day, upcoming fuji musicians would come around to sing to entertain people drinking, mostly at the palm wine joint. Although, I was still having some restrains because of my previous experience with God. However, I could not sustain that notion for too long as I was losing it gradually. There are times I skipped Children Evangelism meetings but never for once missed children choir for some reason I did not know. As time went on, some of the boys we played together were already finding ways to buy palm wine with the pretence they were sent by adults. They would gather in an uncompleted building close- by to drink to stupor. This was already going on before I transferred to Omu-Aran at the second term of Primary Six. One the boys that would later had bad influence on me was Wale. Wale and I were in the same class but were not that close until the third term. Apparently, we got close the day my father and I visited his father at home for some discussions bothering on their business deal. The next day at school he was unnecessarily friendly and protective. As early hinted, my polio condition made me vulnerable and opened to a lot of taunting. From thenceforward, Wale became more protective of me but that was the real beginning of falling into delinquency.

Until I met Wale, stealing was not part of me. Though my parents were going through challenges in their marriage, they ensured I have things I needed. They were still buying us shoes from bata shop, school books from Lara Bookstore at Ilorin, Lagos Tailor who was trending at Omu-Aran was our tailor. As at that time in 1986, my daily pocket money was a whole 50k; with 50k, I could buy soft drink, a plate of food, Okin biscuit and still save some amount if thrifty. Sum of 50k was like handing #500 or more as pocket money daily. Whenever, he travelled, my would make arrangement with one of his workers to give me the pocket money as early as possible. This is to show that I had no reason to steal but Wale showed me a perfect way to steal from my dad. Wale was a wild boy who loved to spend his money to rent bicycle from one Ijesha man at the end of the street, put his money on betting while playing table tennis and so on. My association with him saw me giving him all my money without thinking about it to fund his numerous wild living. One day he told me I could have more than 50k pocket money a day. I asked to know how but did not tell me until we got to our house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Taking Part In Politics A Sin? / Pastor Chris Ojibani corrects Apostle Suleman's Wrong Teaching / Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.