Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar (14190 Views)

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 – Registrar / ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by born2lead01: 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
The Registrar of the University of
Ilorin, Mr Emmanuel Obafemi, has said that the institution would, from January 2014, be fully digitalised.

Speaking with the News Agency of
Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Ilorin,
Obafemi said that the development would make it possible for lecturers to be able to send assignments to their students via the Internet.

“As from Jan. 2014, University of Ilorin lecturers would be able to send assignments to their students through the Internet from the comfort of their homes,’’ adding that students would also be able to respond respond via the same channel.

He said that the school had ordered for 25,000 pieces of mini iPads from the U.S. for the students, to enable the lecturers to send assignments to them
from home.

He noted that the iPads were already fully loaded with the students’ courses and each student would get one as
they resume in January.

Obafemi confirmed that because the iPad was produced in large quantity,the university had subsidised its price,noting that the whole school had already been connected to the Internet.

He expressed the readiness of the
institution’s administration to make the university one of the best in Nigeria and Africa. Obafemi noted that the school would
continue to encourage programmes and policies that promote global best practices in the education system.

The registrar gave an assurance that the institution would sustain the legacy of the past Vice Chancellor,Prof. Ishaq Oloyede.

“If you come here in another five
months, you will see a positively
different Unilorin and well managed institution,’’ Obafemi said.

He commended the management of the institution and expressed delight in the fact that the university had not gone on strike in 13 years. (NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/unilorin-lecturers-teach-homes-2014-registrar/

9 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
Wow....this is highly commendable considering the fact that it's a public school.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by chiefololade: 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Piloeternity(m): 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
This one will make frontpage..... Anyway, nice concepts.
Ui u better follow suite
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by drhammed: 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
The beta by Far

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Drclassic(m): 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
wish my school will do dsame

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Unilorin will very soon rank on of the best uni in African, they have good records.

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Alikaxon(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
How could fynestboi close my own with "source" attarched? There is no source in this one and u think its best fp worthy? Anyway, I don't think am bordered, cox am not expecting any award or food from my topic being on fp. I only protested cox I detest prejudice, and I can always stand firmly and boldly to depricate what is depricable as long as my point is tenable. Cheers!!!

8 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by ayswagga5: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
I rep unilorin......CHEMICAL ENGINEERING NONI

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Deekaydadon(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by dondebx(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
This great even am nt a student of unilorin.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Tolexander: 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
He said that the school had
ordered for 25,000 pieces of
mini iPads from the U.S. for
the students, to enable the
lecturers to send assignments
to them from home.
opon imo!

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by jaryeh(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
The content of this news doesn't corroborate the heading. Lecturers to teach from home or to send assignments to students from home

A good development any way!

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Tunjasko(m): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
ayswagga5: I rep unilorin......CHEMICAL ENGINEERING NONI
xme here....
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Bolt2011(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nice one. This is what we expect to see in our universities. Its not all about ASUU fighting for money yearly. We need to see how they put the funds into use

Good initiative there from the management of UNILORIN

4 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Lordseyad(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Chemiefatie(f): 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Good initiative. But wont this breed room for laziness among the lecturers? And again, some students may abuse the opportunity and use the ipad for non-educational purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Osgilliat(m): 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
During the ASUU strike i thought ASUU will say something like giving every student a piece of internet enabled device but they never did...now the unilorin that doesnt follow them to strike were the one to introduced the idea.na wa ooo

3 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by isaajibola(m): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Lordseyad(m): 11:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
Which sch are u going bro?

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Davo93(m): 11:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
Wonderful initiative here... I don't just know, my love for this citadel keeps growing these days. smiley
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Davo93(m): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
I sense hatred in your proposition friend. smiley

In many advanced colleges, lecturers communicate with their students via the internet for academic purposes as against your claim that it is only done in online colleges. The only problem i think may cause a set-back to this wonderful idea is, if the lecturer-student relationship is not well structured. If this is taken care of very well, believe me, UNILORIN will be a developmental bench mark for other public colleges in no time.

5 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Ymodulus: 12:22am On Dec 23, 2013
This is what happens when a university does not waste her time on ASUU Strike.

Its so clear that UNIllorin Is A PROGRESSIVE SCHOOL headed by a PROGRESSIVE LEADER.

APc.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Davo93(m): 12:28am On Dec 23, 2013
Ymodulus:
This is what happens when a university does not waste her time on ASUU Strike.

Its so clear that UNIllorin Is A PROGRESSIVE SCHOOL headed by a PROGRESSIVE LEADER.

APc.
See where this baba take matter go again, Hian!! God will help you ooo

3 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 23, 2013
Mehn....Unilorin....I rep Better By Far...
I can see some beefers are saying different things about the initiative...lol...Its a normal thing to do!
No strike,yet we are setting the pace in terms of new ideas.
When ASUU strike started,ASUU chairman was complaining that there are no foreign lecturers/students in public schools because there is no facility..
I've just spent 2mnths in beta by far,two foreign lecturers(a prof and a Dr) hv teached me,foreign students all over d skl....d least lecturer that has tot me is a Phd holder....
I'm not saying thats d most wonderful thing cos nfn is rili special in it...But at least,i knw its against what ASUU chairman said they were fighting for....Well,no wonder Unilorin doesnt join d meaningless strike actions!
Multifunctional ID Card(Id card+Atm card+Secutiy Card) is another initiative.....
In my Faculty,students dnt write on paper to sign attendance for lectures....They use biometrics!!.
Unilorin...ride on,let others follow!!!

4 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 23, 2013
See beef!....This ur post so,na wa o
The mistake d OP made is dat he said lecturers wl teach from home..and ddat is nt so.....
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by tosnat: 4:22am On Dec 23, 2013
Now lecturers can sit on their sofa at home and conveniently bombard students with assignments...hmmm....does digitalising a school make it the best?..hmmm..wait..sending assignments from home,teaching from home,now what happens between the hours of 8am and 5pm?..
Hmmmm....well,if learning is not compromised then it might be a welcome idea..hmmm...maybe in the near future no one will have to go to school at all,lectures will teach from home, students will learn from home,the senate will meet from home,even examination will be from home..hmm..digital school indeed..

These people are nuts..instead of investing in state of the art facilities and turning out state of the art graduates,they prefer to be a state of the art consumer...hmmm...well,I think I love this school,a school where every student owns an iPad...indeed they are better by far..

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Alikaxon(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2013
born2lead01: The Registrar of the University of
Ilorin, Mr Emmanuel Obafemi, has said that the institution would, from January 2014, be fully digitalised.

Speaking with the News Agency of
Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Ilorin,
Obafemi said that the development would make it possible for lecturers to be able to send assignments to their students via the Internet.

“As from Jan. 2014, University of Ilorin lecturers would be able to send assignments to their students through the Internet from the comfort of their homes,’’ adding that students would also be able to respond respond via the same channel.

He said that the school had ordered for 25,000 pieces of mini iPads from the U.S. for the students, to enable the lecturers to send assignments to them
from home.

He noted that the iPads were already fully loaded with the students’ courses and each student would get one as
they resume in January.

Obafemi confirmed that because the iPad was produced in large quantity,the university had subsidised its price,noting that the whole school had already been connected to the Internet.

He expressed the readiness of the
institution’s administration to make the university one of the best in Nigeria and Africa. Obafemi noted that the school would
continue to encourage programmes and policies that promote global best practices in the education system.

The registrar gave an assurance that the institution would sustain the legacy of the past Vice Chancellor,Prof. Ishaq Oloyede.

“If you come here in another five
months, you will see a positively
different Unilorin and well managed institution,’’ Obafemi said.

He commended the management of the institution and expressed delight in the fact that the university had not gone on strike in 13 years. (NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/unilorin-lecturers-teach-homes-2014-registrar/
oh! It's now they thought it wise to attarch source.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by odizeey(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2013
See levels, upon say Dem no dey fite for
anything.
My question is,where is d money coming from.
Walai,Dese guys don join illuminati
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by born2lead01: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Alikaxon: oh! It's now they thought it wise to attarch source.
Hello bros, you really don't need this if sincerely your purpose on Nairaland is to inform people and not to "win awards." No offense meant,cheers!
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 23, 2013
'tosnat':

These people are nuts..instead of investing in state of the art facilities and turning out state of the art graduates,they prefer to be a state of the art consumer...hmmm...well,I think I love this school,a school where every student owns an iPad...indeed they are better by far..
Bro,u misunderstood d concept....There is nothing like teaching from home...Its majorly for textbooks and materials;assignments,and some other things!....This is what is observed in many schools outside Nigeria.....why u talked dat way is what i don't understand..anyway,its normal for a Nigerian!
And who said there r no facilities in d skl??...
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Shollyps(m): 9:05am On Dec 23, 2013
GUD 4 DEM:-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gateway Poly Igbesa Admissions 2012/2013 / How To Study At Night Without Falling Asleep / School Of Nursing Form Now Out Register Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.