Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Letter To Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Letter To Nollywood (14273 Views)

The Cure To Nollywood's Fallen Standard / How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) / Regina Askia, Please Come Back to Nollywood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Nollywood by vickitor: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
The Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood, is trying but they are making some mistakes that are very glaring even to a child. They should understand that what is worth doing is worth doing well. I know they are hustling like every other Nigerian, but they should also understand that they are also representing our country. These mistakes can be avoided if a very creative director directs most of these movies. These are:

1. We are tired of seeing spirits wear wrist watches and chains. For goodness sake, this is the spirit world you are trying portray, why are you guys still backward in movie directing? We should know that little things counts. Spirits should also stop rubbing powder on their faces and stop wearing cele overalls.

2. Please, if you guys intend to subtitle your movies, please subtitle it with good english and try to edit them if possible. We are tired of seeing sentences like "where did you carry all these pregnant?" For pete's sake, if you can't edit your movies, call people to edit them for you.

3. We are tired of seeing 30+ men and women acting secondary school children. If my classmates were that sexy in secondary school, I know my teachers would have slept them all. Moreso, please make it obvious that parents are older than their kids in your movies. How will clem Ohameze be the father of Jim Iyke... Ahan, in real life clem should not be older than Jim with not more than 10years.

4. Please and Please, our witches do not behave like imbeciles. How will a witch grow long fingers and very bad dentition in the midnight and the morning the same witch has the sweetest smile on earth. Don't make it look all girls with bad dentition are witches.

5. These days all your movies are Royal this... Royal that. Last week, my sister bought 6 Nollywood movies, Royal love, tears on the throne, igwe must hear this, etc. 70% of Nollywood movies are about royal stuffs, WTH. I know Nigerians don't even give a f**k about royalties. So why act it as if its our major problem.

6. We need creative directors in our movies. How will a thief drop his ID card in a robbery site in real life? Why will an actor wear double clothes because he is going to use the inner clothe for the next scene, please reason these things directors. Movies should not be about love alone but other fantastic stories. Oduah's case is there, write and act good movies please.

7. Sometimes, I don't know what some casts are doing in a movie. They are neither a part of the cause, part of the solution nor a waka-pass. They are just there doing "uhummm", "mtcheewwww", "nonsense", "**clapping their hands**". There are some scenes that are unnecessary too, why will a scene be just: tonto dike bathing, someone mistakenly see the igwe and run, etc. Very unnecessary.

PS: We know you don't have enough money to produce and direct the kind of movies in Hollywood but you can as well use the little you have and with talented actors to produce a decent movie.

From Concerned Nigerian

56 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by mayberry: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Most nollywood movies suck.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by vickitor: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boss is that all you want to say?
Re: Letter To Nollywood by vickitor: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
mayberry: Most nollywood movies suck.
Sisi, the movie industry sucks so much that they need general overhauling of the actors. The likes of Pete Edochie, ramsey noah (few), desmond too (few), etc don't act anymore because of the cheap content in their movies. Bad directing these days are killing our movies. I don't understand anymore

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
vickitor: Boss is that all you want to say?

Oga, am keeping space... Moreover, the Nigerian movie industry is filled with fake actors and actresses. They don't know how to use facial expressions in some cases. They over-react or under-react in some cases too. Its very clear that the directors want to use cheap actors to get huge amount of turnover but that's impossible. Alaba boys will still pirate their nonsense... All for the money!

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by castielo(m): 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
[b]Thought I was the only one who got tired of their their crap.. don't even bother watching them anymore.. they feature diz actors and sometimes pay them ridiculous sum for roles.. but in d end the storyline, directing & acting is wacked! ..smh[/color]
Re: Letter To Nollywood by kindy86: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
The names they gave to their movies tire me self, u see a name like azonto,kukere,lipopo,ukwusarambara, gobe .2go babes,facebook babes,twiter babes,bbm babes,brazilian hair babes, stil waitin for caro.and if u try to watch u wil be disapointed.
Abegii i dey wait for nepa make i de watch my Amaya

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hahahaa
Re: Letter To Nollywood by homesteady(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mtcheew! For your mind now you be critic? undecided mtcheew!
What is stopping you from going to produce your own film?

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Johnnoah1st: 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
L
Re: Letter To Nollywood by lumeviewscom: 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
chinziaski: Incase it makes front page, first to comment!

What is wrong with you, my friend?
Re: Letter To Nollywood by sureteeboy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Who has watched Detective Dee And The Mystery Of Phantom Flames, where mysterious deaths were analysed till the culprit was caught. Had it been it was a Yoruba movie, An herbalist would be the one to divine and fish out the culprit.

4 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by lumeviewscom: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Johnnoah1st: L

See this one! undecided
Re: Letter To Nollywood by lumeviewscom: 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
sureteeboy: .

Another one...
Re: Letter To Nollywood by sowprice(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
4 sale.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hmmm

Re: Letter To Nollywood by UKBobo(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
All this letter, letter, letter. OBJ, OBJ pikin,... Pesin no talk again?

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
The mitstakes of Nollywood is overwhelming.
1. About the ghosts, It's so funny when you watch their silly mistakes.
2. The one that gives me most concern is the blood. Most YorubaNolly directors don't know how to apply blood stain on cloths. When someone's shot or had an accident or anything that brings blood, you ll see the character that's shot lying dead without blood stain. Ah!
Shey na water dey inside the body?
This happen cos they don't wanna stain the cloth. Whereas, the dumb director could v given that character a cloth that can be stained with blood.
3. About Flashbacks, most YorubaNolly movies v their main theme hidden in flashbacks. Majority of the movies can't be completed without flashbacks. The most annoying, is when you see flashbacks in flashbacks.
More to follow.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
LWNRMJ cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Letter To Nollywood by c0llynz02: 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
They have still been able to carve out the best and the most popular movie industry in Africa, what have you achieved in your miserable life?
Better still, what have you done for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Swiftlee(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
I am tired of you guys complaining about Nollywood! If it sucks go and watch the one's that does'nt suck!! Who is forcing you to watch the home videos?? See.. :-/ am tired of all this repetitions about nollywood this bollywood that!! See, nobody should qoute me to say rubbish ooo!

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Dhurmynick(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Shoot me down but I won't fall.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by sureteeboy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
homesteady: Mtcheew! For your mind now you be critic? undecided mtcheew!
What is stopping you from going to produce your own film?
What's stopping him is the fact that the entertainment Industry isn't his field. You have the right to criticize a player who doesn't perform well (even though, you can't do what he's doing) simply because that's his profession. Those who chose directing and producing movies as their profession should be ready to produce meaningful movies, else, they won't be free from criticism.

19 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by c0llynz02: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
sureteeboy: Who has watched Detective Dee And The Mystery Of Phantom Flames, where mysterious deaths were analysed till the culprit was caught. Had it been it was a Yoruba movie, An herbalist would be the one to divine and fish out the culprit.
Have you watched the likes of Merlin, Harry Porter and Heroes?
Filthy douchebag!

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Clears throat.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by lepasharon(f): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hehe cheesy cheesy
Re: Letter To Nollywood by losprince(m): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
instead of writing letters why not write a movie and produce it?

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by jmoore(m): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Where is your signature?
Re: Letter To Nollywood by sureteeboy(m): 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: Have you watched the likes of Merlin, Harry Porter and Heroes?
Filthy douchebag!
The ones u're talking about are already labelled as fantasy movies with fantasy plots. But, why should you watch a movie with no fantasy setting and end up seeing a herbalist in the movie to unravel a mystery that has been keeping the movie moving? It's totally out of it.

6 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
Over beaten topic, in other news,am not a sucker for Nollywood craps, i watch it whenever I want to sleep,i swear its a good anaesthetic,within five minutes,am gone to dream world.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Song Was Played In The Movie Titled 'A Million Tears'? / Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie / Top 10 Real-life Wrestling Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.