Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,917 members, 7,802,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

In Need Of An SD Card Map Of Nigeria For Toyota Camry GPS - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / In Need Of An SD Card Map Of Nigeria For Toyota Camry GPS (2875 Views)

Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Which Should I Go For : Toyota Camry 01 Model or 406 Same Year? / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of An SD Card Map Of Nigeria For Toyota Camry GPS by tzars(m): 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Please house I have a friend who came to me asking for help in acquiring a Nigerian map for use on his car, a Toyota Camry 2010. He said there is no indication as to the model of the navigation that he has on the said car. I know of Garmin Maps and one or two others. My question is where can one get a map for this guy to use on his car or will the Garmin map work on a none Garmin device?
Thanks all and expecting your replies
Re: In Need Of An SD Card Map Of Nigeria For Toyota Camry GPS by abatically(m): 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
If its factory fitted navigation, You a going to need the Toyota DVD for Nigeria maps loaded into the system before it could work. Unfortunately I don't think those DVDs are available, especially if the car was imported from the states. (They might be though, not sure.). Your best option will be to get a handheld GPS device like garmin with a stand . they do have complete map of Nigeria and u can update periodically to get the latest maps. I use sygic GPS navigation(paid version) on my galaxy s3 and it does the job better than garmin and some in built car navigation. It has voice turn by turn navigation, rerouting, lots of POIS and I cab easily navigate to places I have never been before in any part of Nigeria without any problem. Handheld navigations are not so expensive and are easily carried around. I know there's is nothing as good as having the inbuilt navigation to work but unfortunately here in Nigeria it doesn't work.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Treatment: How Effective Is It? / gine Code / Timing Belt Woes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.