Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Software Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software Programming (1796 Views)

Recommend A Good Software Programming Training Center In India / Who Knows Software Programming Companies In Ikeja Or Abuja / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Software Programming by Olyboy16(m): 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
birdman: ^sure bro. if its working for you, so be it tongue

if anyone is using this forum to learn stuff, you should know that 80% of what he just posted is wrong. anyhow im not here to argue endlessly so im not going to pinpoint anything - I have other things to turn my attention to. btw, stackoverflow is also a very good resource for anyone who hasnt used it yet. you can, and should use it to verify anything you read on nairaland

owkay, nw he says i'm a learner:-D *grins nd sighs*. Wel like i concluded in my last post "it alright if u prefer scripts(i.e python), just dont stop defaming the big guys". Dear birdman, we ar al programers, i knw wat u dnt knw nd u knw wat i dnt... I'm disapoited u fink i was tryin to start an argument wen i simply "adviced" like odas here did, nd made some points clear. I develop python softwares too u knw bt i dnt overestimate its power over native langs. Nd if u say i'm 80% wrong, could just pleeasse point my wrongs out? ...i'l stop here..
birdman: ^sure bro. if its working for you, so be it tongue

if anyone is using this forum to learn stuff, you should know that 80% of what he just posted is wrong. anyhow im not here to argue endlessly so im not going to pinpoint anything - I have other things to turn my attention to. btw, stackoverflow is also a very good resource for anyone who hasnt used it yet. you can, and should use it to verify anything you read on nairaland

owkay, nw he says i'm a learner:-D *grins nd sighs*. Wel like i concluded in my last post "it alright if u prefer scripts(i.e python), just dont stop defaming the big guys". Dear birdman, we ar al programers, i knw wat u dnt knw nd u knw wat i dnt... I'm disapoited u fink i was tryin to start an argument wen i simply "adviced" like odas here did, nd made some points clear. I develop python softwares too u knw bt i dnt overestimate its power over native langs. Nd if u say i'm 80% wrong, could just pleeasse point my wrongs out? ...i'l stop here..
Re: Software Programming by Pythonian99: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
Please Python is not (just) a "scripting" language. Thanks smiley
Re: Software Programming by Olyboy16(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pythonian99: Please Python is not (just) a "scripting" language. Thanks smiley
k bro.. Noted

1 Like

Re: Software Programming by dueal(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
@birdman...my point was development language...so check ubuntu mobile, windows phone 8, android ndk, iphone...
e.t.c...
Re: Software Programming by birdman(m): 3:36am On Jan 02, 2014
dueal: @birdman...my point was development language...so check ubuntu mobile, windows phone 8, android ndk, iphone...
e.t.c...

ahh...gotcha.
Re: Software Programming by BlueMagnificent(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
Its funny to see how people easily shun off c++ as being complex, error prone and difficult. But we should not forget that out of all General purpose languages C++ is the only one that can boast of being General purpose. Others claim to be General purpose but tend to be more specialized in some areas. Research and prove me wrong, learning C++ is faster and easier that learning java for someone who hasn't learnt any programming language. The fact that people keep on using pointers as an excuse of c++ being complex is just so lame ( whenever you create something new delete it when you are done, how hard can that be) . If you don't like a language ( or rather if you are not good at it) that doesn't mean the language is hard or complex or error prone or not suitable for so so and so development. I use python and java when I think its necessary but every other time i stick to c++, that doesn't mean python and java are not good. And for the OP, there are alot of third party c++ libraries that can help you develope awesome applications, just Google it. Greetings to all

1 Like

Re: Software Programming by dueal(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
@bluemagnificient.....u hit d pointer thing...how hard can it b?...yea..i agree wen apps r really big it could b a problem knowing wen and where to free memory but thats cos ppl tend to hv bad management skills....for me...if u create multiple instances of an object on d heap...use a factory to create and manage dat objects life...and keep to dat policy.
Re: Software Programming by BlueMagnificent(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
@dueal... You are right, factory management of objects make life so easy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Code This Logic With Php... / How To Activate Mtn 75mb Data With #20 / Help Me With This Javascript Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.