Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,530 members, 7,801,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m (5627 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG / Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by iamnigeria: 1:12am On Dec 23, 2013
The Federal Government, in a bid to ensure the successful implementation of its recently approved National Automotive Industry Development Plan, said it would encourage local auto manufacturers to produce less expensive models with price range of between N1.2m and N1.5m.

It also said it would collaborate with auto manufacturers, franchise holders, reputable motor dealers and selected banks to put in place an all-inclusive domestic dealership network through which a user-friendly vehicle purchase scheme could be funded by the National Automotive Council.

These are contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the NAC and obtained by our correspondent in Abuja.

The statement said, “Under market development, the NAIDP anticipated that higher-end expensive models will still be imported into the country in the initial stage, but the new strategy is to encourage local auto manufacturers to focus primarily on lower-end less expensive models with price range of between N1.2m and N1.5m; which is affordable to the middle class, coupled with other finance options.”

The statement added that the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, had constituted two committees to ensure seamless implementation of the recently approved automotive plan.

For more: http://www.iamnigeria.net/2013/12/made-in-nigeria-vehicles-to-sell-for.html
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Greenbuoy(m): 1:36am On Dec 23, 2013
N o n s e n s e

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 23, 2013
Brimmie:
oga why you dey book space 4 evry topic at this time of the nite, shey u be winch niii?
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 23, 2013
I wonder how the quality, durability and reliability of such cars sold at 1.2 - 1.5m brand new will be.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by oshosjf(m): 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
fg we are tired of all these scope joor

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by FineBro(m): 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
We don hear am nah.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by funkymedina: 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Is 1.2Million cheap? Nigeria i fear oo, the wey una dey call money for that country without respect sef grin when nobody pays taxes ..i no blame una

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by ebamma(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
that awkward moment when a tokunbo vehicle sold for 800k lasts longer and is more efficient than a brand new vehicle sold for 1.5 mil #that's what we are about to experience

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by christejames(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
I knw with this kind of policy the middle class in this nation will hv cause to smile... Its a wondaful development by bro GEJ.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Motolank: 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
I guess pple re just nt interested on this topic... because the dedicated nairalanders have woken up since...
Even if you pple are nt interested someone should start a fight pls. Not wif me ooo.
Thou i wont respond, no matter.
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by ajasbaba(m): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
nah who wan enter the car
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by andy24(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
This I agree is a great news to behold. Kudos to FG
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by enginexy10(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
let govt set the pace ,they shd buy n use the made-in-niaja vehicles, then Nigerians can see the seriousness of their plan

1 Like

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by ebamma(m): 1:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Truth is i'll still prefer to buy a tokunbo camry for 1.2 than one of those chinese brand new vehicles produced by innoson,
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Soreza(m): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
Even though its 5 naira,i wouldnt buy,i would gladly choose a bicycle,made in nigeria is always made in nigeria,pls my brothers and sisters dont jeopardize ur life trying to be patriotic,when we get to that stage we will know,for now Niyet
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Guddy(m): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
I won't sacrifice quality for anything. Mercedes Benz all the way!
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by dojumav: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
Techno version of naija automobiles... Lets wait and see
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by amaboss(m): 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is good but less talk and more action would be better
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
maintenance in 2years later will cost 2million naira . You will just be driving the next thing one of your tires will pop out of the car and start running faster than the car. Cos of careless ness

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Adesam09(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ok
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by bisi16(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Super story
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Cute1bliss(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
undecided
lomomike: I wonder how the quality, durability and reliability of such cars sold at 1.2 - 1.5m brand new will be.
. Is it the cost of a car that determines its durability? undecided
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by kubi240: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
[quote
author=ebamma]Truth is i'll still prefer to buy a tokunbo camry for 1.2
than one of those chinese brand new vehicles produced by
innoson,[/quote]make ur garri sweet u
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by jude33084(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
lomomike: I wonder how the quality, durability and reliability of such cars sold at 1.2 - 1.5m brand new will be.

Nigerian problem! meanwhile you can't even afford a tricycle undecided
Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by Okijajuju1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
1.5 million Naira Car.. grin

Lemme guess the spec;

1. No Power mirrors
2. No power lock
3. No automated seats
4. No Cruise Control
5. No CD player (just FM radio)
6. No leather nor Fabric seats, just Nylon seats.
7. No Power windows
8. only comes in V4 engines
9. No sunroof
10. Push-to-Start ignition (Pun intended).. grin
11. No Air-bags.. grin

iKid, iKid... grin

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m by lambertjonah: 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
cute1bliss . Is it the cost of a car that determines its durability? undecided

Abeg bring car of 50k first, make we see how long e go last grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. / My Craze For HONDA / Can I Replace Manual Gearbox Wt Automatic Gearbox On Benz 230E?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.