Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? (1258 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2013
The man is this video does not look or sound like an "Abiola Ogungbenle" to me. Neither does he look like hes 25 yrs old. Anyway, this is him seeing snow for the first time.

Abiola Ogungbenle, Nigerian Man, Witnessed His First Snowfall... And His Reaction Is Incredible (PHOTO)
The Huffington Post | By Alexandra Zaslow
Posted: 12/20/2013 11:26 am EST

In August 2013, Abiola Ogungbenle, 25, moved from Nigeria to Hanover, Pa., to be with his wife, and has been anxiously awaiting his first winter snowfall ever since.

On December 8, Joseph Fryer, Ogungbenle's housemate and owner of photography business, The Digital Lightbox, was on his way outside to take pictures when he saw the Nigerian native completely overwhelmed with joy.

"It was like a child seeing snow for the first time," Fryer told The Huffington Post. "You could see the excitement on his face."

Ogungbenle asked Fryer to take a photograph of him so that he could send it back to his family in Nigeria. Fryer's friend then posted the photo to Reddit and from there it went viral.

After about 30 minutes of playing in the snow and making snow angels, Ogungbenle yelled out to Fryer, "Oh man, it's cold!"

“To meet somebody from a whole other country who has never seen snow at all except for on the TV and then seeing him experience it, really warmed my heart," Fryer told FOX 43. "Seeing people enjoy the photo as much as I enjoyed taking it, as much as Abiola enjoyed seeing the snow, and experiencing it for the first time, it’s just really nice."

Click link below to watch video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/20/abiola-ogungbenle-snow_n_4475650.html
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by Taiwo20(m): 6:28am On Dec 23, 2013
Why is this in politics section?
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by segzyj(m): 6:31am On Dec 23, 2013
Omo olomo laarin Ero
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:32am On Dec 23, 2013
Taiwo20: Why is this in politics section?

Why arent you commenting on the topic?

Isnt this what you guys like?Talk about tribe and language? Anyway, this man seems to me to be an impostor so I want to hear the views of the Yorubas especially as it concerns them because a man that would pretend to be from their part of Nigeria---especially in a foreign country--- cant be said to be up to any good.
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by Taiwo20(m): 6:49am On Dec 23, 2013
ISpiksDaTroof:

Why arent you commenting on the topic?

Isnt this what you guys like?Talk about tribe and language? Anyway, this man seems to me to be an impostor so I want to hear the views of the Yorubas especially as it concerns them because a man that would pretend to be from their part of Nigeria---especially in a foreign country--- cant be said to be up to any good.

I knew it. I knew that was your aim.
Anyway, I don't have issues with anyone no matter the age playing,singing,dancing or doing whatever in the rain or snow. Whether he/she is omoYibo, Ofenmanu, or Arewa.

This is an attention seeking thread with a calculated attempt to incite,insult and drum up unwarranted e-fight
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:59am On Dec 23, 2013
Taiwo20:

I knew it. I knew that was your aim.
Anyway, I don't have issues with anyone no matter the age playing,singing,dancing or doing whatever in the rain or snow. Whether he/she is omoYibo, Ofenmanu, or Arewa.

This is an attention seeking thread with a calculated attempt to incite,insult and drum up unwarranted e-fight

And what is that aim? Are you ok? Was my aim disguised by the heading, the post or my comments?

If you dont have anything reasonable to comment on then feel free to avoid this thread, its not by force to comment.

Is he an impostor, yes or no? Very simple question instead of coming on here trying to play pretend "Defender of the Universe".
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by Taiwo20(m): 7:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Am okay. I don't know about you. The title of your thread would make one think of Late MKO abiola first.

I believe you are Nigeria and shouldn't have a problem recognizing a simple yoruba name such as: Abiola.

Okay. He is truly yoruba. Does that change anything now?
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Taiwo20: Am okay. I don't know about you. The title of your thread would make one think of Late MKO abiola first.

I believe you are Nigeria and shouldn't have a problem recognizing a simple yoruba name such as: Abiola.

Okay. He is truly yoruba. Does that change anything now?

Dude, dont you have something better to waste your megabytes on?! MKO is the only Abiola ever to roam this earth? Did you notice that the name was in quotations? Do you know what that was inferring?

Bro, if you think he is then thats your prerogative, you can move on now.
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by MRWHINNIG: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2013
And the Yorubas keep embarrassing Nigeria in the international community. This is one of the reasons why the Westerners think that we still move around naked and live in mud houses over here in Africa.
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by Garrithe1st: 9:33am On Dec 23, 2013
I'm in Europe at the moment and i'm waiting patiently to experience snowfall as I've not seen snow before except on TV. I'm not sure of what my exact reaction will be but I know i'll be excited beyond words.

So Mr. Abiola, I dey feel you wella!!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:40am On Dec 23, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
And the Yorubas keep embarrassing Nigeria in the international community. This is one of the reasons why the Westerners think that we still move around naked and live in mud houses over here in Africa.

If you watched the video you probably would rescind your statement.
Re: Is "Abiola" Really Yoruba? by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:09am On Dec 24, 2013
I see the usual suspects avoided this thread

(1) (Reply)

VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC / Nigerian Teens Create Generator That Runs On Urine / Lagos State Governorship Election:i’m Not Stepping Down For Anyone This Time-gos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.