Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? (11744 Views)

Drop your Congratulatory Messages For Batch C 2014 Corpers Passing Out Today! / Congratulatory Messages For Batch B 2014 Corpers Passing Out Today! / Verification Of Details For Batch C 2014 Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2013
I am really confused o, we normally do our clearance every first thursday of the month. I came home for the christmas break(cos I can't spend it there) and our L.G.I says we have to be back for our clearance by 2nd of January, which is the first thursday or lose your january allowance.
Where I stay is very far from where I'm serving. I can't imagine spending the new year in a vehicle. So I am wondering is it so elsewhere or is it just our L.G.I tryin to squeeze a few bucks out of us?
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Onocent(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2013
U don't av to bother urself on this,cos 2nd of Jan is a public holiday which is d first thursday in January.Ur LGI is just trying to pull a trick on u,so that at d mention of that,u won't even bother to travel home for Xmas.Compliments of d season 2 u,enjoy urself.

1 Like

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2013
Onocent: U don't av to bother urself on this,cos 2nd of Jan is a public holiday which is d first thursday in January.Ur LGI is just trying to pull a trick on u,so that at d mention of that,u won't even bother to travel home for Xmas.Compliments of d season 2 u,enjoy urself.
Thanks, I didn't know 2nd was a public holiday, complements to d season 2 u toocheesy. I just pray u r right
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Onocent: U don't av to bother urself on this,cos 2nd of Jan is a public holiday which is d first thursday in January. Ur LGI is just trying to pull a trick on u,so that at d mention of that,u won't even bother to travel home for Xmas.Compliments of d season 2 u,enjoy urself.

You don't mean it! When does 2nd of January become a public holiday, when January 1st isn't a weekend

@OP, if your LI says Jan 2nd, you either call his bluff and risk your allowance (whatever happens) or you report as required and earn your allowance. Either way, ensure you don't miss your allowance. smiley

Compliments of the season.

2 Likes

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jakeattah:
Thanks, I didn't know 2nd was a public holiday, compliments to d season 2 u toocheesy. I just pray u r right

Don't bother to pray; (s)he's not right. undecided

4 Likes

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
opeyemmmy:

Looooooool
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
(
opeyemmmy:

You don't mean it! When does 2nd of January become a public holiday, when January 1st isn't a weekend

@OP, if your LI says Jan 2nd, you either call his bluff and risk your allowance (whatever happens) or you report as required and earn your allowance. Either way, ensure you don't miss your allowance. smiley

Compliments of the season.

sad
I'm screwed, I can't allow that greedy L.G.I and Z.I chop my alowee.... Mayb I will have to cut d sucker a deal, give him a cut
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
opeyemmmy:

I tot as much.... But u harsh o
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by yokiti: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
My brother, the ZI/ LI isnt serious jare, (s)he doesnt want you to enjoy the yuletide. You can delay your travelling to the third week of January because by then, the traffic on the road would have reduced drastically.
On a more serious note, you need to do the needful by planning your trip very well so as not to be a scape goat. You have many new year celebration ahead of you and this will nothinder the ones to come. You can ask from your other colleagues, the first week of January is the only approve week for the months's clearance. Ausoka lafiya which means safe journey in Hausa.
@ Opeyemmy and Immanuel (compliments of the season to you both.)I just wonder why people tend to seek for information when they have more than enough. The ZI/ LI who determines the time for your monthly clearance told you to come on a date approved by him/ her, you are here asking anonymous fellow who you dont know their status for some unnecessary information.
Wishing you people journey mercies to your various PPA and a glorious service year. Shalom!
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by olaplus170(m): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
@op, am also in ds dilemma..2nd of January is neva a public holz and I can't stand to bear any embarassment from nysc staff coz am passing out by Febry.. Well thnk God my state is just 2 hrs from my ppa state.
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
yokiti:
@ Opeyemmy and Immanuel (compliments of the season to you both.)I just wonder why people tend to seek for information when they have more than enough. The ZI/ LI who determines the time for your monthly clearance told you to come on a date approved by him/ her, you are here asking anonymous fellow who you dont know their status for some unnecessary information.
Wishing you people journey mercies to your various PPA and a glorious service year. Shalom!

Good evening boss
I guess he forgot everyone doesn't have thesame LI / ZI or he probably wanted to know if we're all going through thesame challenge

Anyways I'm glad you're doing ok
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jakeattah: (

sad
I'm screwed, I can't allow that greedy L.G.I and Z.I chop my alowee.... Mayb I will have to cut d sucker a deal, give him a cut

Give to Caesar what's Caesar's. smiley
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
yokiti: My brother, the ZI/ LI isnt serious jare, (s)he doesnt want you to enjoy the yuletide. You can delay your travelling to the third week of January because by then, the traffic on the road would have reduced drastically.
On a more serious note, you need to do the needful by planning your trip very well so as not to be a scape goat. You have many new year celebration ahead of you and this will nothinder the ones to come. You can ask from your other colleagues, the first week of January is the only approve week for the months's clearance. Ausoka lafiya which means safe journey in Hausa.
Mine is January 3rd. Gotta travel 11 hours on January 2nd. angry

Same to you, bruh.
OP's question is borne out of curiosity. Lotta people are facing the same dilemma (I'm not spared).

Thanks boss!

1 Like

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Imanuelle:

I guess he forgot everyone doesn't have thesame LI / ZI or he probably wanted to know if we're all going through the same challenge

If not all, most of us Batch C corps members are faced with the same challenge.

I wish this hits FP; it will make for a good deliberation.
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
opeyemmmy:

If not all, most of us Batch C corps members are faced with the same challenge.

I wish this hits FP; it will make for a good deliberation.

True that

Albeit everyone still has to stick to the date that was communicated
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
yokiti: My brother, the ZI/ LI isnt serious jare, (s)he doesnt want you to enjoy the yuletide. You can delay your travelling to the third week of January because by then, the traffic on the road would have reduced drastically.
@ Opeyemmy and Immanuel (compliments of the season to you both.)I just wonder why people tend to seek for information when they have more than enough. The ZI/ LI who determines the time for your monthly clearance told you to come on a date approved by him/ her, you are here asking anonymous fellow who you dont know their status for some unnecessary information!

Tanx bro, ur nice.... No worry we go give you job as NYSC cordinator
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
opeyemmmy:

Give to Caesar what's Caesar's. smiley
Same goes for you brogrin grin grin
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jakeattah:

Tanx bro, ur nice.... No worry we go give you job as NYSC cordinator

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jakeattah:
Same goes for yougrin grin grin

I ain't got any dime to give to Caesar. Imma report as required. smiley
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
opeyemmmy:

I ain't got any dime to give to Caesar. Imma report as required. smiley
Lmao... I see u dnt play wit ur alowee, guess u've inspired me to return promptly too
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Imanuelle:

True that

Albeit everyone still has to stick to the date that was communicated

It's just that one would wish there's uniformity in the dates communicated. Some Jan. 2nd/3rd, others 6th.
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
opeyemmmy:

It's just that one would wish there's uniformity in the dates communicated. Some Jan. 2nd/3rd, others 6th.

Uniformity?

You wanna pull me up to 3rd?

undecided
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jakeattah:
Lmao... I see u dnt play wit ur alowee, guess u've inspired me to return promptly too

Nothing doing back home after Jan 1st, so why won't I report and claim my full allowance? My N19800 or I kidnap LI! grin

2 Likes

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
Imanuelle:

Uniformity?

You wanna pull me up to 3rd?

undecided

I'd rather mine is pushed to 6th. smiley
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 24, 2013
opeyemmmy:

I'd rather mine is pushed to 6th. smiley

+++singing****

commot for road oh commot for road...
lazy kopa, commot for road... tongue

3rd is good for you man
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by pabloaimar(m): 5:52am On Dec 24, 2013
Jakeattah: (

sad

With what I gathered, monthly clearance last for 8 - 10 days, even in our posting letter it was clearly stated that monthly clearance will be from 2nd - 8th of every month, so panic not, my only advise is that u should be at your PPA latest by the. 3rd of January cos u can still do your clearance on the 6th.

2 Likes

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2013
pablo aimar:

With what I gathered, monthly clearance last for 8 - 10 days, even in our posting letter it was clearly stated that monthly clearance will be from 2nd - 8th of every month, so panic not, my only advise is that u should be at your PPA latest by the. 3rd of January cos u can still do your clearance on the 6th.

That's it. Still a lot of misconceptions about this clearance thang. Are we to report for clearance on a particular, communicated date? Or is it possible one returns within some days from the supposed date?
The mind boggles.
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by opeyemmmy(m): 9:07am On Dec 24, 2013
Imanuelle:

+++singing****

commot for road oh commot for road...
lazy kopa, commot for road... tongue

3rd is good for you man

sad angry undecided
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Jakeattah(m): 10:08am On Dec 24, 2013
pablo aimar:

The main problem is that the L.G.I does our clearance on CDS day which is every thursday, so even if I arrive a day later (3rd) or within that week, He will still refuse to clear me till I give him a percentage
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by NnamdiN: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
By law, you're not supposed to leave the state in the first place. Not even for xmas break

2 Likes

Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by Neaman(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
@OP you are not alone..uyo akwa ibom state we were told the same stuff (2nd jan). I pray dey change d date otherwise na road person go stay do New year prayers/eating.
Re: 2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? by satowind(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry xmas my people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC BATCH C'14 ONDO STATE,LET'S MEET HERE / Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? / "Shun Needless Travels" - Brig.Gen. Suleiman Kazaure Tells Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.