Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. (6123 Views)

6 Types Of People You Meet In Nigerian Banks / 7 Annoying People You Meet At The ATM / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by kaysy(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
I have been doing online business and people have been patronizing even with a personal bank account, it all depends on your packaging but endeavor to back up that packaging with effective service delivery because that 1 customer may equal to 10 other customers in the long run.

But the indisputable facts in doing online business is
1. A nice looking and functional website (the website should have a traceable office address or its equivalent embedded)
2. A Corporate Account
3. Serious online promotion ( no matter how, out of every 100 visitors, 6 should patronize)
3. Prompt Service delivery (this will bring about the trust and confidence in dealing with you)

I render online services and people have been patronizing from different parts of the country some are the ones asking for my account number so they can pay in... someone said something about having luck of being trusted by people, i think i belong to that category.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
We have been working on this similar project since march, we are almost done. What remains is just the business registration with coporate affairs and other legal formalities. You can check us out and let us know your opinions. www dot tradevite dot com

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by Kennyfancy(m): 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
incase,,u need agent,,i offer delivery within delta state,,, i charge very low,,i cn giv u any details of mine if u want,,am currently working on ways to solve this problem,,,,feel free to call kenneth on 08164421812
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by EnterPRO: 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
@LordAdam : Simplepay dot com offers escrow services.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 6:31am On Dec 24, 2013
anochuks08: We have been working on this similar project since march, we are almost done. What remains is just the business registration with coporate affairs and other legal formalities. You can check us out and let us know your opinions. www dot tradevite dot com

Thanks for the mail. I hope you advertise on TV, newspaper and social networks so that it will easy gain recognition and be trusted. And please all transactions must have tracking numbers to verify disputes. So I guess the shipping method is gonna be via popular couriers.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 6:52am On Dec 24, 2013
mayorall:

Thanks for the mail. I hope you advertise on TV, newspaper and social networks so that it will easy gain recognition and be trusted. And please all transactions must have tracking numbers to verify disputes. So I guess the shipping method is gonna be via popular couriers.
Greetings Mayorall, all customers registers with his/her postal code, so, the standard mode of shipping will be our very own NIPOST, Express couriers like fedex, dhl etc will also be used as well as local pick up. All transactions carried out with us will be surely protected.Everything is being put in place, there will be no room at all for fraudsters.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 6:58am On Dec 24, 2013
When a client sees an item and pays for it, the payment is withheld, the seller will be notified as he or she will ship out. When the buyer recieves the item, he is to use the item and go through it for 2 business days, after which he will personally log in to his account to release payment. If he is not satisfied with it, he pays for the return shipping to the seller, and his money will be refunded.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2013
anochuks08: Greetings Mayorall, all customers registers with his/her postal code, so, the standard mode of shipping will be our very own NIPOST, Express couriers like fedex, dhl etc will also be used as well as local pick up. All transactions carried out with us will be surely protected.Everything is being put in place, there will be no room at all for fraudsters.

That's great. We hope for that.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by kinethic: 7:09am On Dec 24, 2013
mayorall: Friends how do you sell your goods to people you meet online. Do you know of any firm who can do pay on delivery on your behalf?.

This has been hindering business as a result of lack of escrow platform in the country. People we meet online will not wanna send money to you in Nigeria and you will also will not wanna send your goods without payment.

Imagine when someone I met on nairaland want to get tablet pc from me, he's in the North, South- south or southeast, I ask.

1.Do you have someone in the south-west I can deliver to and the person will send to you?. If yes I take it to the person and I get my money.

2. If the person doesn't have, I will think of someone I know in the state, send it to the person, and the person will send me my money.

But I guess this method is old cargo, do you know of a better option. Share and let's learn. Thanks.

I started mine for sometime almost ten years to build trust with people online even some family members to just pay their fund into my foreign account . I have Chinese and Taiwan account. In order to purchase and deliver to them what they wanted. Since I have access to Hongkong , China and Taiwan etc. At the beginning it was very difficult to get a Naija guy to transfer money to an unknown person without website or whatever just because of referrals made by someone.
But it just happened that as I visited home and was about to go back to Taiwan at Abuja airport I checked my email and saw an unbelievable email a client telling me that he would like to buy LCD TV about twenty pieces from China or Taiwan. I didn't believe it so I replied if he is really serious and how would he trust me? He was like that's no problem that I should give him my China account.
I did and of course I won't burst this opportunity I did exactly as he wanted and he transferred the fund. Oh! My goodness my wife was like its too good to be true.
He gave his prices and I have him quotations from few factories and they were fine with him .
I ordered and did air freight through DHL though a bit higher than EMS , though he preferred DHL .
He got the items within 6 days . That's how we kept on doing it until he decided to visit China by himself I have no choice than to help him with invitation letter from a company. The rest is history. R
Right now I have people from Ghana, Benin republic , Lagos, East Naija ,Douala and Equatorial Guinea etc who just paid their fund into my account and that's it.
It took me time and never failed except delays on delivery date few times.
People wished to come down themselves but lack of fund , long distance and visa hassles would dissuade them. That's why they use Internet and agent or middle man to purchase their items .
So on more serious note if you want to order from China Taiwan Hongkong I can help you.
I can be your middle person.
Send you my China or Taiwan account and you make the transfer and surely will send you your order.
Won't divert your money . This is me simple.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 7:09am On Dec 24, 2013
anochuks08: When a client sees an item and pays for it, the payment is withheld, the seller will be notified as he or she will ship out. When the buyer recieves the item, he is to use the item and go through it for 2 business days, after which he will personally log in to his account to release payment. If he is not satisfied with it, he pays for the return shipping to the seller, and his money will be refunded.

So what's the mode of payment?.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 7:14am On Dec 24, 2013
kinethic:

I started mine for sometime almost ten years to build trust with people online even some family members to just pay their fund into my foreign account . I have Chinese and Taiwan account. In order to purchase and deliver to them what they wanted. Since I have access to Hongkong , China and Taiwan etc. At the beginning it was very difficult to get a Naija guy to transfer money to an unknown person without website or whatever just because of referrals made by someone.
But it just happened that as I visited home and was about to go back to Taiwan at Abuja airport I checked my email and saw an unbelievable email a client telling me that he would like to buy LCD TV about twenty pieces from China or Taiwan. I didn't believe it so I replied if he is really serious and how would he trust me? He was like that's no problem that I should give him my China account.
I did and of course I won't burst this opportunity I did exactly as he wanted and he transferred the fund. Oh! My goodness my wife was like its too good to be true.
He gave his prices and I have him quotations from few factories and they were fine with him .
I ordered and did air freight through DHL though a bit higher than EMS , though he preferred DHL .
He got the items within 6 days . That's how we kept on doing it until he decided to visit China by himself I have no choice than to help him with invitation letter from a company. The rest is history. R
Right now I have people from Ghana, Benin republic , Lagos, East Naija ,Douala and Equatorial Guinea etc who just paid their fund into my account and that's it.
It took me time and never failed except delays on delivery date few times.
People wished to come down themselves but lack of fund , long distance and visa hassles would dissuade them. That's why they use Internet and agent or middle man to purchase their items .
So on more serious note if you want to order from China Taiwan Hongkong I can help you.
I can be your middle person.
Send you my China or Taiwan account and you make the transfer and surely will send you your order.
Won't divert your money . This is me simple.

That's good. I love that too. How much do you charge per kg and who is your guarantor in Nigeria?
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by LordAdam: 8:13am On Dec 24, 2013
EnterPRO: @LordAdam : Simplepay dot com offers escrow services.

I believe you mean "simplepay4u dot com". As a corporate business, I think that web address is cumbrous. Simplepay dot com may not be available, but I think Simplepay dot com dot ng is available and should be used. In time, with success and funds the Simplepay dot com and/or dot me domain name(s) would be twirled up.

For now, this startup needs marketing and partnerships. Adverts in the offline and online media in addition to the tech-oriented sites (sponsored articles/direct advertisement). Then partnership with one of the big names would give them instant exposure, one that'd have required a lot of naira on advertising. Make no mistake tho', this requires some deep pocket so it's about time Simplepay went out for funding. Find a good business plan writer, find someone passionate about the industry to lead the funding charge, and I'm sure with what Simplepay has done already tech-wise they can get a couple of backers who would not just give their money, but their advice and extensive machinery to ensure success.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate if the dispute feature was integrated into the web app. Consumers usually prefer an integrated approach, I don't want to have a problem with my order as a buyer and have to go through my email client, I want to go to the Payment processor and call attention from where I transferred my money. It is simplistic for the seller too, as contractions are organized through a single platform. Trust me emailing would get clunky when a large seller has about 3 disputes going on at a time.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by LordAdam: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2013
Kennyfancy: incase,,u need agent,,i offer delivery within delta state,,, i charge very low,,i cn giv u any details of mine if u want,,am currently working on ways to solve this problem,,,,feel free to call kenneth on 08164421812

That's interesting. Ensure you have good testimonials, word-of-mouth marketing still works. Then try to build your network in Delta. If you turn out to be credible enough, you could become a local partner for one or more trademarked delivery service.

Just do your homework and have a big enough goal to make you want to work harder.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by LordAdam: 8:37am On Dec 24, 2013
anochuks08: When a client sees an item and pays for it, the payment is withheld, the seller will be notified as he or she will ship out. When the buyer recieves the item, he is to use the item and go through it for 2 business days, after which he will personally log in to his account to release payment. If he is not satisfied with it, he pays for the return shipping to the seller, and his money will be refunded.

I don't recall we having a crowdfunding platform in Nigeria that'd usually provide a discussion board for startups to be critiqued. Nairaland could be that, so I'd advise you create a thread, promote it in discussions like this, monitor it and be active. Sooner or later some avid online shopper, eCommerce expert would have a word or two for you.

That said, I went through the vision statement of tradevite, it's ambitious and a tall order. You guys should have realistic short targets that lead to your ultimate goal. I look forward to seeing you guys go mainstream.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by pek(m): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2013
how do you know the good eggs from the bad eggs? https://www.nairaland.com/1558002/been-scammed-judge-between-me
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2013
mayorall:

So what's the mode of payment?.
Tradevite has its own Integrated payment system. You get to see it as you register. At this tender age, users will fund their tradevite accounts through Direct Bank deposits only, interswitch will be integrated later. You can equally send funds to other users.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 10:31am On Dec 24, 2013
pek: how do you know the good eggs from the bad eggs? https://www.nairaland.com/1558002/been-scammed-judge-between-me

Eyah. Sorry boss. That's why we crave escrow.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 10:33am On Dec 24, 2013
anochuks08: Tradevite has its own Integrated payment system. You get to see it as you register. At this tender age, users will fund their tradevite accounts through Direct Bank deposits only, interswitch will be integrated later. You can equally send funds to other users.

That's good.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 10:34am On Dec 24, 2013
LordAdam:

I don't recall we having a crowdfunding platform in Nigeria that'd usually provide a discussion board for startups to be critiqued. Nairaland could be that, so I'd advise you create a thread, promote it in discussions like this, monitor it and be active. Sooner or later some avid online shopper, eCommerce expert would have a word or two for you.

That said, I went through the vision statement of tradevite, it's ambitious and a tall order. You guys should have realistic short targets that lead to your ultimate goal. I look forward to seeing you guys go mainstream.
Thanks LordAdams, will be opening a discussion board for it. Thanks very much for that wonderful input. We promise to work hard to make this project a success
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2013
mayorall:

That's good.
to add to that, we run on https and we are ssl certified too
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by kinethic: 10:48am On Dec 24, 2013
mayorall:

That's good. I love that too. How much do you charge per kg and who is your guarantor in Nigeria?

Thanks. It depends on your items and weight.
Also your medium of shipment.
Air freighting or sea . The first 5 kg is normally higher like from $5 to $10 per kg
Then the rest would be cheaper.
I have guarantors in Lagos IMO Abuja.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 11:40am On Dec 24, 2013
kinethic:

Thanks. It depends on your items and weight.
Also your medium of shipment.
Air freighting or sea . The first 5 kg is normally higher like from $5 to $10 per kg
Then the rest would be cheaper.
I have guarantors in Lagos IMO Abuja.

Okay. Let me have the one in Lagos. What is the total cost for 10KG. Can you make payment on my behalf. How many dayss is your delivery. Do you ship goods with battery. How do you get my goods, you go my seller or its shipped to you?. Where is your location in china. What is your exchange Rate.?
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by EnterPRO: 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
@LordAdam : You are indeed correct on all accounts and observations. they have agents on this site and I'm sure they (or their competitors) will stumble upon your recommendations shortly.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by Ejiogbe(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Undoubtedly, the escrow system will benefit all individuals who are involved in any transaction. And it will be a step in the right direction. But honestly, some of us who have had people whom we had never seen before pay into our bank account before we sent them our products should really thank our stars and thank God. I hereby salute the risk-taking ability of those who have paid for any product before receiving such items. Dear sellers, keep to your promises, deliver in good time and earn the trust of your prospective clients or customers. BUT ALL WE ARE SAYING, WE NEED ESCROW ! Who will bell the cat? Wishing you all merry xmas , a blissful and prosperous 2014.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by kedukc(m): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Op kindly check out Naijadealer.com it is an escrow site that works using PayPal and voguepay wallets for both local and international transactions.

The site belongs to me so I can assure you personally. If you sign up, let me know on this thread, or preferably register your nairaland username so I can offer you extra attention.
Same goes for anyone posting on this thread. I wish you all a safe trading in 2014.

Thanks.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by talk2me006(m): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
ok.noted !
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by Canme4u(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Following... Thumbs up @Mayorall for creating this thread.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Canme4u: Following... Thumbs up @Mayorall for creating this thread.

Thanks boss.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by newacca: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
subcribing...
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by dav8id(m): 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
anochuks08: Greetings Mayorall, all customers registers with his/her postal code, so, the standard mode of shipping will be our very own NIPOST, Express couriers like fedex, dhl etc will also be used as well as local pick up. All transactions carried out with us will be surely protected.Everything is being put in place, there will be no room at all for fraudsters.
i like ur move

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by dav8id(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
i'm really happy with this thread...
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by fame12k(m): 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
kedukc: Op kindly check out Naijadealer.com it is an escrow site that works using PayPal and voguepay wallets for both local and international transactions.

The site belongs to me so I can assure you personally. If you sign up, let me know on this thread, or preferably register your nairaland username so I can offer you extra attention.
Same goes for anyone posting on this thread. I wish you all a safe trading in 2014.

Thanks.

just checked your website now, no office address, no phone number., no email address. Except for d contact form, which i think is not good enough,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Tell If A Brahmin Bag Is Replica? / Quality Paints For Your Homes. / A Debit Card I Can Use To Shop On Alixpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.