Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? (1655 Views)

When Was Jesus Christ Born? / Was Christ Born On Christmas Day? / Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Obinovictor(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2013
Bible never gave any account of the saviour's birth month. According to research by bible scholars, speculations laid emphasis on different months owing to the fact that december 25th was set aside for the celebration of a Jewish sun god and not the actual month Jesus was born. I'm very ready to learn right now, in what month was Jesus Christ born?

And it will make more sense if the Mods can move this to front page.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Fynestboi: 10:52am On Dec 23, 2013
October.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by vizkiz: 10:58am On Dec 23, 2013
undecided see question oooh...Even if u knw d month he was born,do u wanna send him bday qift or wat I miqht stab myself if dis makes fp angry
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Fynestboi: 10:59am On Dec 23, 2013
vizkiz: undecided see question oooh...Even if u knw d month he was born,do u wanna send him bday qift or wat I miqht stab myself if dis makes fp angry
i see then be ready to stab yourself, mtchew whats ur problem with the question?
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Obinovictor(m): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2013
Fynestboi: October.

Do you have any reason for your answer?
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Obinovictor(m): 11:06am On Dec 23, 2013
vizkiz: undecided see question oooh...Even if u knw d month he was born,do u wanna send him bday qift or wat I miqht stab myself if dis makes fp angry

See beef o!! Must you comment? And you better stab yourself if it makes fp.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Fynestboi: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2013
Obinovictor:

Do you have any reason for your answer?
according to Hebrew calender....
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2013
August.
August 14th, precisely.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by fredx4(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2013
You can't get a specific date even if you google it. Don't be too superstitious, even if dec 25 is the day satan was created, celebrating Christmas does not mean you are worshipping the devil. If your own birthday was dec 25 will that make every one that celebrates your birthday with you a worshipper of the jewish god? God knows your heart and though he might not necessarily be interested in people celebrating christmas, it doesn't make it a sin or idol worship.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Obinovictor(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Fynestboi: according to Hebrew calender....

Yes, i thought i saw that too. Judging from when mary met Elizabeth, the bible recorded that elizabeth was 6 months pregnant then when mary concieved, and at the time of John the baptist's conception, her husband zachariah was serving in the temple. From history, that time of service was between mid june and end of june, this means that John was born in march or april also meaning Jesus was born late september or early october.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Obinovictor(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2013
fredx4: You can't get a specific date even if you google it. Don't be too superstitious, even if dec 25 is the day satan was created, celebrating Christmas does not mean you are worshipping the devil. If your own birthday was dec 25 will that make every one that celebrates your birthday with you a worshipper of the jewish god? God knows your heart and though he might not necessarily be interested in people celebrating christmas, it doesn't make it a sin or idol worship.

Hey!!! I never said it's a sin. I just stated why december 25th may have been adopted.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by fredx4(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2013
Obinovictor:

Hey!!! I never said it's a sin. I just stated why december 25th may have been adopted.
Sorry, I initially didn't read the post very well.
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Fynestboi: 11:40am On Dec 23, 2013
Obinovictor:

Dec 25 originally was meant for mars which was for the celebration of idol, hence putting christ's birth on that day makes it Christmas...

1 Like

Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is a nonsense question.

Outside the bible, there is basically zero evidence that the historical Jesus even existed at all. Even if the gospels were reliable (and they aren't) they still don't agree on the year, or even the decade Jesus was born in, not to talk of the month. The oldest new testament books (Paul's letters and anonymous letter to the Hebrews written in the middle of the first century) don't even seem to be aware that Jesus was a real person who was alive just one one or two decades earlier.

In fact, some of the earliest Christian sources place the death of Jesus as sometime around 75 B.C.E, a full century and a half before the traditional date.

The fact is that it makes more sense to ask which month Father Christmas was born in than to ask about Jesus. At least we have evidence that saint Nick actually existed and we can be fairly certain of the times and places of his birth and death.

If you want to remain a christian, I advise you to just accept the traditional story as it is and ignore the parts that don't make sense. If you examine it too closely, you might end up losing your faith completely.

*Edited to fix an error.

1 Like

Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by OlaoChi: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jesus is a real mystery
first his name isn't really Jesus
then his birthdate isn't 25th December
His death isn't really Easter either
Some say Mary wasn't a virgin

So what do we really know about this Jesus
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by plappville(f): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Christ.Has no birthday....Christmas is à commercial feast.

Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by ysd01(m): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Obinovictor: Bible never gave any account of the saviour's birth month. According to research by bible scholars, speculations laid emphasis on different months owing to the fact that december 25th was set aside for the celebration of a Jewish sun god and not the actual month Jesus was born. I'm very ready to learn right now, in what month was Jesus Christ born?

And it will make more sense if the Mods can move this to front page.
first thing u should ask urself is "was d the gregorian calendar used dat tym?"
Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by Obinovictor(m): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Evil Brain: This is a nonsense question.

Outside the bible, there is basically zero evidence that the historical Jesus even existed at all. Even if the gospels were reliable (and they aren't) they still don't agree on the year, or even the decade Jesus was born in, not to talk of the month. The oldest new testament books (Paul's letters and anonymous letter to the Hebrews written in the middle of the first century) don't even seem to be aware that Jesus was a real person who was alive just one one or two decades earlier.

In fact, some of the earliest Christian sources place the death of Jesus as sometime around 75 B.C.E, a full century and a half before the traditional date.

The fact is that it makes more sense to ask which month Father Christmas was born in than to ask about Jesus. At least we have evidence that saint Nick actually existed and we can be fairly certain of the times and places of his birth and death.

If you want to remain a christian, I advise you to just accept the traditional story as it is and ignore the parts that don't make sense. If you examine it too closely, you might end up losing your faith completely.

*Edited to fix an error.

what's this one saying?

1 Like

Re: In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? by ow11(m): 7:21am On Jan 05, 2014
Evil Brain: This is a nonsense question.

*Edited to fix an error.

Josephus the Jewish historian did allude to the existence of Jesus the one they called the Messiah in the Antiquities of the Jews (Book 20) written around 94 CE.. Albeit it was one quote referring to James the brother of Jesus.

Granted that Jesus the Christ was first propounded by Paul of Tarsus and other Diasporan Jews but Jesus the Nazarene did exist and he did start a movement or was at least popular enough to be used as a differentiator decades later when the story of the foundations behind Jerusalem's destruction in 70 CE was being told.

(1) (Reply)

God Created His Own Life / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/15 / Prophet I.O Samuel And Bash Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.