Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems (942 Views)

Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic / Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil / Dodge Caravan Pulley Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by gabolz(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
DEAR ALL PLS I NEED A BAIL OUT HERE, I JUST GOT THIS VEHICLE FROM AMERICA 2MONTHS AGO , AND IT IS SO BAD THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE IT TILL NOW.
I WAS MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE COIL IS NOT RECEIVING ENOUGH POWER FROM THE PLUGS....THAT ONLY 4 OF THE 6 PLUGS ARE ACTIVE.
I CHANGED ALL PLUGS, BOTH 2 COILS.....AND NOW I AM LOOKING AROUND FOR BRAINBOX....
PLEASE IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THIS FAULT I NEED YOUR HELP LIKE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS GOD BLESS.
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by gabolz(m): 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
gabolz: DEAR ALL PLS I NEED A BAIL OUT HERE, I JUST GOT THIS VEHICLE FROM AMERICA 2MONTHS AGO , AND IT IS SO BAD THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE IT TILL NOW.
I WAS MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE COIL IS NOT RECEIVING ENOUGH POWER FROM THE PLUGS....THAT ONLY 4 OF THE 6 PLUGS ARE ACTIVE.
I CHANGED ALL PLUGS, BOTH 2 COILS.....AND NOW I AM LOOKING AROUND FOR BRAINBOX....
THANKS GOD BLESS.
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by olalekanba(m): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
[quote author=gabolz][/quote]

You should be able to get the brainbox on amazon.

Also look Dodge Caravan forum online and join, you can then post your questions.
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
gabolz: DEAR ALL PLS I NEED A BAIL OUT HERE, I JUST GOT THIS VEHICLE FROM AMERICA 2MONTHS AGO , AND IT IS SO BAD THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE IT TILL NOW.
THANKS GOD BLESS.

change your mechanic

it is the other way round plugs get power from the coil pack
, get your car scanned and dont waste your money on the ECU aka brainbox it is not the problem, tell us what is really happening
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by gabolz(m): 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

change your mechanic

it is the other way round plugs get power from the coil pack
, get your car scanned and dont waste your money on the ECU aka brainbox it is not the problem, tell us what is really happening
I scanned twice and it keeps bringing coil rted isssues that's y I cchanged the coil twice....still no dfft. Thanks anyway.
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by sultaan(m): 3:40am On Dec 24, 2013
You should know I am a fan of Chrysler Dodge Jeep and the advantage over other brands is they can be scanned without a scanner.

Turn the key from 1 to 2,on the ignition 3 times following this sequence off-2-1-2-1-2, is off-acc-on-acc-on-acc on the last turn codes will come up at odometer, if there is no code it will show 'done' post here and Google it

You have one of the easiest car to fix your mechanic will destroy it if you continue to let him tamper without knowing what he is doing.

How did they buy the cad drive it to ship then it. Stopped working in Nigeria. What happened prior to the problem
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by brojero: 5:36am On Dec 24, 2013
I'm assuming your caravan is a V6 engine, if so, each of the plugs should have its own individual coil, all 6 housed together in a rectangular coil pack, like the one ebelow

bit curious as you refer to 2 coils in your post

[img]

[/img]

Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by Johnson213: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2013
PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE TAKE YOUR VEHICLE FOR A SCAN WITH A SCANNER AND GET THE CODES THAT THE SCANNER IS ABLE TO PULL OUT UNTIL THEN, SOLUTION MAY NOT BE INSIGHT. PLEASE STAY ACTION ON YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL A SCAN AND PLEASE DO LET US HAVE THE CODES SO THAT WE COULD GUIDE YOU. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by gabolz(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
[quote author=Johnson213]PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE TAKE YOUR VEHICLE FOR A SCAN WITH A SCANNER AND GET THE CODES THAT THE SCANNER IS ABLE TO PULL OUT UNTIL THEN, SOLUTION MAY NOT BE INSIGHT. PLEASE STAY ACTION ON YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL A SCAN AND PLEASE DO LET US HAVE THE CODES SO THAT WE COULD GUIDE YOU. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!
I WILL GET ANOTHER SCAN, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Re: 2004 Dodge Caravan Coil Problems by baaliyah(m): 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sultaan has given you the easiest way to get to the root of the issue, why dont you give it a try now and for future problems. It is simple and straight forward.

(1) (Reply)

15 Cars That Are Probably Worth More Than Your House. / How Good Is The 2007/2008 Acura TL/ TL Type S / So You Think You Can Drive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.