Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Check - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Check (4455 Views)

I Gave My Parents Money I Make From Betting. Should I Tell Them The Source? / Could My Man Be The Source Of My Troubles? / What Is The Biggest Source Of Conflict In Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hello
Re: Check by chibikeval: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
18yrz... #TEAM.BABA.MUST.PAY!!! Lol...

1 Like

Re: Check by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
chibikeval: 18yrz... #TEAM.BABA.MUST.PAY!!! Lol...

Rily?? Premier lotto! U must be rily lucky bcus the odds are stalked against you a million fold. Guessing 2 to 5 numbers from 1-90 sounds like reading the mind- A million probability is possible. Not to mention what you win depends on how much you stake n numbers guessed correctly.

Hope you will share how you won for somone still dreaming of entering the millionaire club tru baba Ijebu grin...on a lighter note, saw the man today in his latest rolls royce, convoy of mercedes benz and platoon of moblie policemen at western avenue(guessing some people's money is working grin)
Re: Check by Waspy(m): 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Check by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Waspy: Age: 12....... Soure: Monopoly undecided

No need to comment if you got nothing to say. Dont need trolls derailing this thread

1 Like

Re: Check by Waspy(m): 8:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
mitwitdot:

No need to comment if you got nothing to say. Dont need trolls derailing this thread
Gaddemit....I am darn serious angry grin

1 Like

Re: Check by mgbeketoto: 12:15am On Dec 24, 2013
Nope! I have NEVER MADE A MILLION!

But I OWE NO ONE!!!! I sleep VERRRY WELL EVERY NIGHT!!!! cool

Thank my H-AGNOSTIC GAWD FOR A DEBT-FREE LIFE! kiss

Who wanno be a NIGERIAN 'GBESE-MILLIONAIRE' chasing millions and still living in RAT HOLES plus POVERTY-STRICKEN QUALITY OF LIFE? cheesy

No vacations. . . no means of enjoyment. . . a life of chasing money?

NOT MY PORTION. . . .LET MY CHILDREN GO AND WORK FOR THEIR OWN! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Check by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 24, 2013
About 5 yrs ago, I began operation-I-must-be-a-millioniarte before the year ends.

So I saved and saved and saved and saved. I did not earn a lot of money where I worked then so it was really hard. I made it. 1,060,000 naira by december 2008. I was in my early 20s den!

I proceeded to rent a 3-bedroom flat and lived all alone. Then I bought a small car for myself, costed abt 600k. Finally I spent all d money furnishing my big house. cool cool

In retrospect, that was a complete waste of my hard earned money. . . Now I'm older and wiser! cool

Of course 1mil naira is not big money anymore now! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Check by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2013
@ ujujoan...thanks for sharing, hitting that million mark for the first time seems really tasking but its funny how easily the money can finish buying few things with flexing around town.
Re: Check by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
Cherekwa kam puta. I nu??
Re: Check by tbaba1234: 9:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hehe, 26 and mostly from work. One million has less value now.
Re: Check by Woged2005(f): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
For those who live abroad N1mil is only about $7,500. For some people, it's only a month's salary, for some 17yrs old high school kids working part-time at McDonald's it's a year's Salary. However, the bills and cost of living is killing abroad (UK, USA especially). Jeez! So honestly I can't say I have, N1mill salary won't do much in USA after taxes and bills, but in Nigeria it's a lot.

My own Story:

My friend and I hit it in Nigeria at age 24 & 25 respectively. Unemployed and fresh from Uni, we worked as Marketing Representatives on 10% commission supplying detergents to hotels and hospitals. During our school's Alumni event, we announced our biz and asked for help. Two months later, a good-hearted fellow Alumni saw how young girls like us could set pride aside and worked on commission without salary and helped got us a supply sub-contract to UNTH/ UNEC, Enugu worth almost N7mil. We got 10% (N700k) from the company after they supplied, and because we supplied above the company's price (markup) we got another N320k, Total N1,020,000. However, we split the money btw us after paying 10% tithe to our fellowship. God bless that man wherever he is.

Girls, heaven helps those who helps themselves. If you can't get a salaried job, start with a part-time sales job on commission until God answers your prayer. It keeps ur mind busy, and better than debasing your body with men over change.

11 Likes

Re: Check by hasyak(m): 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Woged2005: For those who live abroad N1mil is only about $7,500. For some people, it's only a month's salary, for some 17yrs old high school kids working part-time at McDonald's it's a year's Salary. However, the bills and cost of living is killing abroad (UK, USA especially). Jeez! So honestly I can't say I have, N1mill salary won't do much in USA after taxes and bills, but in Nigeria it's a lot.

My own Story:

My friend and I hit it in Nigeria at age 24 & 25 respectively. Unemployed and fresh from Uni, we worked as Marketing Representatives on 10% commission supplying detergents to hotels and hospitals. During our school's Alumni event, we announced our biz and asked for help. Two months later, a good-hearted fellow Alumni saw how young girls like us could set pride aside and worked on commission without salary and helped got us a supply sub-contract to UNTH/ UNEC, Enugu worth almost N7mil. We got 10% (N700k) from the company after they supplied, and because we supplied above the company's price (markup) we got another N320k, Total N1,020,000. However, we split the money btw us after paying 10% tithe to our fellowship. God bless that man wherever he is.

Girls, heaven helps those who helps themselves. If you can't get a salaried job, start with a part-time sales job on commission until God answers your prayer. It keeps ur mind busy, and better than debasing your body with men over change.

+8
Re: Check by Texykool: 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
I'll get back to you on this.
Re: Check by Emmyk(m): 1:29am On Dec 25, 2013
Following
Re: Check by Connoisseur(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2013
cant really remember my million bucks mark. but ill definitely remember when i reach 20
Re: Check by veave(f): 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
i feel yah woged!
will share mine much later... eating chicken first... smiley
Re: Check by Woged2005(f): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
veave: i feel yah woged!
will share mine much later... eating chicken first... smiley

LoL! some time I feel like quitting and going back to Nig. Some people make $6k a month and have only $500 left after paying rent, school loan, car loan, car insurance, credit card bill, cable TV bill, power bill, water bill, taxes, deductions, speeding/parking tickets, etc. LoL. Don't even ask people who have 1st and 2nd mortgages and child support payments... grin I wan shout ooooo!!
Re: Check by deybholar(f): 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
mitwitdot: Hello everyone, was thinking about my financial status today and wondering if someone might get encouraged by sharing how we made our first million and our age when we made it.

Mine was mtn sponsored who was to be a millionaire at the age of 25. It sounds like "easy money". Trust me, it wasn't. Took about 6 months of playing online early morning and night (when my swift wifi 3k5 subscription comes on grin), spending at least 400 naira any day Im playing (got so used to the questions that I answered them b4 they show grin). Was called after giving up because there was no work and money to finance the indulgence anymore cool.
Had to even borrow 1k to go for the show.

I'm gainfully employed now but its not easy to get 1mill. Working o wink....u go save wella n live prudent.

Had to summarise my experience so u dont get bored reading or mistake my effort for being boastful.

So anyone wants to share how a young chap can hit his first mill?
Re: Check by deybholar(f): 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
I got a million grant from my dad to start a business ( I was 24). Sadly, I wasted over 200k on vain things like human hair, a new phone and other things.
I didn't do the business again but I kept removing out of the money.
I have learnt my lesson sha.
That was a big opportunity I missed
Re: Check by bugativeron: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
Waooh. You guys tried ooo. At ages 25 that is cool. Mine was age 30. I worked for a company that wasnt paying much. I guess ny salary must have been about 60k monthly then. But God saw that I was conscientious, so fortunately I was sent for a 3month course abroad. Buy the time I checked my pocket money it was 6500pound sterling. Exchange rate then was 245 naira. You can do tje maths. But my salary was still going on in nigeria while away. Well I came back rented apartment and furnished including with a dstv at that time that it was rare. But I bought a plot of land in abraham adesanya. My story

2 Likes

Re: Check by karbridals(f): 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
At 23,didnt work for it thouh,given to me by my ex,I used it to set up a salon business,later the shop was bugled by students in the area nd I cldnt manage it anymore so I moved.
Re: Check by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
kar bridals: At 23,didnt work for it thouh,given to me by my ex,I used it to set up a salon business,later the shop was bugled by students in the area nd I cldnt manage it anymore so I moved.

Great!!! Didn't know some boyfriends were so generous... cool buying my babe a samsung S3 sef feels like I buying her a diamond ring.. grin nobody should nail me on the cross o, fingers no equal;some of us don suffer well so we cant afford to lose the money albeit anyhow.
Re: Check by futurewise11(m): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
At age 25.guarranty trust bank.i will forever be greatfull to gtb.working a whole year withouth touching your salary,atleast a day customer must give you something after rendering good service.its painful sha cos i have to leave there for my studies abroad.thank you gtb,thank you uncle T.
Re: Check by Daviewonder(m): 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
ℓ̊'m so lovin dis thread, though ℓ̊ ain't got a story yet
Re: Check by Saraha1(f): 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Intersting stories, I hope to have mine soon by his grace.
Re: Check by karbridals(f): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
He had it nd also had the heart to give.it also depends on ur pocket,if u have billions in ur account or even millions,to give out some wldnt cost u a thing but only if u have the heart of giving..I have not met a man like him again besides I have leant to work to make money.
truth_bastille:

Great!!! Didn't know some boyfriends were so generous... cool buying my babe a samsung S3 sef feels like I buying her a diamond ring.. grin nobody should nail me on the cross o, fingers no equal;some of us don suffer well so we cant afford to lose the money albeit anyhow.
Re: Check by akintun: 12:36am On Dec 26, 2013
I wished u asked how an individual made his/her first 10million or even 50million. I don't think u would find many inspiring stories on how an individual made his first million in present day naija.
Re: Check by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:32am On Dec 26, 2013
@25,by working my a.ss of and saving. Olisebuluwa bu odogwu.
Re: Check by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 26, 2013
akintun: I wished u asked how an individual made his/her first 10million or even 50million. I don't think u would find many inspiring stories on how an individual made his first million in present day naija.

Not too many people hit the 10 mill mark at an early age while in school or serving. The thread is solely aimed at inspiring youths to beleive in themselves and also show them avenues to achieve thier first mil. Legitimately.

If you can hit 1, why not 10? A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step

2 Likes

Re: Check by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2013
deybholar: I got a million grant from my dad to start a business ( I was 24). Sadly, I wasted over 200k on vain things like human hair, a new phone and other things.
I didn't do the business again but I kept removing out of the money.
I have learnt my lesson sha.
That was a big opportunity I missed

Well Dad must have had a lot of money to throw away.

Or why would he give you such an amount when it appears you were not prepared. . .with a detailed (well written) business plan, clearly seen focus, and purposed experience.

Except of this is just a tale.
Re: Check by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2013
Mine was in my mid twenties, during my NYSC. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Before You Hire That Maid! / Should Men Get Paternity Leave? / Happy Fathers Day To All Fathers On NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.