Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,453 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:38 PM

Check - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Check (4447 Views)

I Gave My Parents Money I Make From Betting. Should I Tell Them The Source? / Could My Man Be The Source Of My Troubles? / What Is The Biggest Source Of Conflict In Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check by Abali1(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2013
2008 the stock market.......Lost over 70% of it to the same stock market, the same year.
But the feeling of controlling close to 3milla at an age when some of your peers where just getting their first job...:.. Exhilarating.

3 Likes

Re: Check by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2013
Abali1: 2008 the stock market.......Lost over 70% of it to the same stock market, the same year.
But the feeling of controlling close to 3milla at an age when some of your peers where just getting their first job...:.. Exhilarating.

What age?
Re: Check by Abali1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Phema:

What age?
I already quoted the year, I ain't giving you any figures. Sorry.
Re: Check by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Abali1:
I already quoted the year, I ain't giving you any figures. Sorry.

Ok. But the thread stated "Age u made your first million. . ." Issorite.
Re: Check by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Check by pedestal82(m): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
NYSC
Bought my first ride!
Re: Check by Woged2005(f): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
There's a buzz about a woman in Kenya who made $1mil through Marykay biz. Does anyone know or have info how she did it? Please share. I mean One Million Dollars (not Naira). Wow!! Why don't ladies in Nigeria take advantage of these direct marketing opportunities?
Re: Check by CHIMSKY(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
mitwitdot: Hello everyone, was thinking about my financial status today and wondering if someone might get encouraged by sharing how we made our first million and our age when we made it.

Mine was mtn sponsored who was to be a millionaire at the age of 25. It sounds like "easy money". Trust me, it wasn't. Took about 6 months of playing online early morning and night (when my swift wifi 3k5 subscription comes on grin), spending at least 400 naira any day Im playing (got so used to the questions that I answered them b4 they show grin). Was called after giving up because there was no work and money to finance the indulgence anymore cool.
Had to even borrow 1k to go for the show.

I'm gainfully employed now but its not easy to get 1mill. Working o wink....u go save wella n live prudent.

Had to summarise my experience so u dont get bored reading or mistake my effort for being boastful.

So anyone wants to share how a young chap can hit his first mill?
For where?I be late starter.Didnt see 1 million naira in my account till I was 38.Think this was because I married early.And when u have kids in the house.Its difficult to save money.What with school fees,rent,upkeep money.Wasnt easy.
Re: Check by missvera(f): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2013
Wow! I really love this thread. But sadly, I got no story.
Re: Check by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
CHIMSKY:
For where?I be late starter.Didnt see 1 million naira in my account till I was 38.Think this was because I married early.And when u have kids in the house.Its difficult to save money.What with school fees,rent,upkeep money.Wasnt easy.

Its not how u start but where u end... grin. Atleast u av a wife and beautiful kids, thats more than money.

Heard guyzs with wife tend to save more, look wealthier and get richer faster (no kids, if there is, just one)? cheesy
Re: Check by soulglo: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
Dollars or Naira grin
Re: Check by Handsomeemmy(m): 4:53am On Dec 27, 2013
Wonderful topic.
Re: Check by longjohnsilver: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2013
I like this thread...now I am inspired to get mine next year 2014....and I wud get it...no doubts
Re: Check by omoelu1(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2013
by God's grace, i will make mine in 2014.
am just 19 though grin
Re: Check by DrAbbey1(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2013
23 years. medical doctor.
Re: Check by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dr.Abbey:
23 years. medical doctor.

House job right? wink
Re: Check by maryini(f): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Made my first 1 mil and over with my salary this year. Girl Power!
Re: Check by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
maryini: Made my first 1 mil and over with my first monthly salary this year at 23. Girl Power!

Was "the man" a naija politician? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Check by maryini(f): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2013
breezy047:

Was "the man" a naija politician? cheesy
What is this world turning into that a female cannot make a million naira without being called a prostitute.

1 Like

Re: Check by Nomski0(f): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2013
maryini: Made my first 1 mil and over with my first monthly salary this year at 23. Girl Power!

Whoa! shocked. That's so COOL What do you do?

I hope to make mine at 24.....if things go as planned. cheesy
Re: Check by maryini(f): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2013
Nomski0:

Whoa! shocked. That's so COOL What do you do?

I hope to make mine at 24.....if things go as planned. cheesy

You can make it dear! #Hugs

I am a project engineer in an oil & gas company.

1 Like

Re: Check by Nomski0(f): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2013
maryini:

I thought as much. Everyone in oil and gas make their first million before 24. Hoping to join them too.

Thanks. cheesy
Re: Check by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
maryini:

Its really amazing to hear that some girls out there are making it by sheer hard work.
Re: Check by tspun(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
I MADE MY FIRST MILLION NAIRA @ AGE 23. i started hustling very early because of jamb WAHALA. When i was 20 i had already wrote jamb twice without fruition. i relinquished the hope of writing more, so i lied to my parent that i had gained admission in delta state polytechnic ozoro, because the town had already being too boring for me, all my guys had left for school, so they [ my parent ] prepared my stuff and gave me money so i left for ozoro with my laptop...

to cut the story short, i followed my friend to school one day, when they were receiving lecture i decide to take a walk around the school so i found my way to the photographers stand.i met a photographer After much introduction and discussion we came to a conclusion that i am to be his editor. [ knowledge i had jokingly acquired from my elder sister's fiance back then in warri].

the next day i came with my lappy and the work started, [that was the era digital knew came in 2008] so graphic designers were scares then. tru him other people and photographers get to know me, i started editing marriage album, flex, posters, banners and doing other miscellaneous work for student with my lappy.

i became very busy, at the end of the year i discover i had almost 400 thousand in my account in addition to the once my parent were sending me thinking i was a student.

One day i was discussing with a photographer and he was complaining how they all travel to warri to do all their printing of enlargement and the framing,saying if he had the graphic knowledge i had he would have borrowed money and buy a printing machine for enlargement.

As a sharp igbo boy that i was i took that discussion as an advice. so i travel to met my sister's fiance and told him about the business plan.He agreed to be a partner in the business. so i gave him my 400k and he added the remaining part of the money and we traveled to lagos together to buy the machine.

And since then a million naira had been less of a deal to me.
AND THAT WAS IT, MY SUCCESS STORY.even though i later gain admission in 2010 i never stop thanking jamb for disappointing me when i needed them most. i never thought @ 25 i will be a car owner living in my own building, everything was just divine arrangement from GOD.
Op thanks for taking me back to memory lane.

12 Likes

Re: Check by Stegomiah: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
Reading this story has been so inspiring, i've had over a million naira in my account more than once via my dad, but they are usually for me to execute a project, travel abroad, majorly for something. But its not ma money, not hard-earned.

I'll soon be there, guess when i finish medical school and start my house-job or before.
Re: Check by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
^^^^ @tspun
All I can say is Wow!!! Sometimes opportunities stare us in the face but we rather see challenges.
Thanks for the write-up, I'm sure someone will really be motivated by ur story bcus I am.

1 Like

Re: Check by SupermodelVicky(f): 3:07am On Dec 29, 2013
I made myn at an early age thru business.My mum owns a shop where sh sells different products&Combined wit her busy work at her office,her then manager used 2go abroad 4d shopping.Later d biatch stole frm my mum&ran away.My mum got stuck&cudn't run d biz but refused 2close it cos sh had many customers.Then out of nowhere,sh decided teach me d biz so as 2run her shop.Sh took me 2Dubai&Turkey&also taught me how 2place order 4goods on line frm Italy;US;UK&China.

Wen I finally got in2 sch,chicks started likin wot I put on cos my 1st year,I lived in d hostel (parents insisted).So wot I did was wen I travel 2shop 4mumsy's shop,I shop 4thngs&sell in sch.I started dealing on hair products,make ups(marykay;mac&sleek),jeweries,footwears,inner wears;sexy nighties;cloths,perfumes;handbags;wallets;travellin bags;wristwatches;designer eyeglasses&so on.U'l b amazed how much students spend 2look good.Selling women stuff wil mak u rich cos al women do is get money frm guys&spend.

A dress/footwear u buy at less than $5,u sell them for 4/5k so calculate d gain.As long as d thngs u'r selling ar fine&of good quality,they'l sell&because I wasn't payin 4shop,or tickets or hotels cos I did my own shopping wen I go 2shop 4mumsy's shop so I wasn't spending my money&also because I hav vry good taste;my goods sold lik crazy.My mum was vry impressed wit my business mind so sh encouraged me.Sh used 2pay 4d cargo.Wen I took ova her shop,d biz grew tremendously(mayb because I carry d favour aura).I brought a youthful touch in2 her biz.I even opened another branch in d spirit of expansion&consulted an auditor who gav us ideas on how 2prevent d staff frm stealing&does our auditin thrice a yr.

Long Story short;Ppl started contacting frm frm evry angle even outside d state I'm based.Al I do is 2parcel d goods 2dem but they pay 4dat though.

If u sell original thngs,u'l definately go far.A customer might go somwhere&somone wil c wot sh's puttin on&ask where sh bought it then sh'l giv d persn my no&i'l tel her wen d product wil b available.Its al abt God's favour;hardwork&determination.As God may hav it;I made good grades in sch but d disadvantage is dat I neva had a social life&d stress gav me ulcer.

I'v said enuf 4one day.2b continued

3 Likes

Re: Check by DutchesSsS(f): 7:25am On Dec 29, 2013
I so love thiis thread...it's hardwork all the way for me now...
Re: Check by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2013
Good topic. Hope pple r inspired.
Made mine as s student by share determination. Mammi was very sick when in uni and I was tired of begging cousins, uncles and aunties for money.

Heard a female friend talk about how she used to go to kano and buy clothes and jewelries to sale. Me I no dey hear hausa, don't know an ant in kano but I was determined to go there.
I started with 20k a cous hubby sent to me.
Will enter night bus to kano, do my shopping d next day and enter school for lecture the following day.
Jewelry of 2m can comfortably fit into ur bag and u will still have space.
I targeted male workers. The rest was history. Always getting contract to supply jewerlies for ocassions like trado. Never knew that can be done.
But all d money was spent on my sick mum who eventually died.
I was actually broke when I left school.
Started it again while waiting for nysc.
Hardwork pays.

2 Likes

Re: Check by Princesszoe: 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ the age of 24 although it was not up to a million but very very close to it. The worst part of it was that i misused some of the funds and lost some in bad investment. I wish i knew then what i know now.
Re: Check by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
SupermodelVicky: I made myn at an early age thru business.My mum owns a shop where sh sells different products&Combined wit her busy work at her office,her then manager used 2go abroad 4d shopping.Later d biatch stole frm my mum&ran away.My mum got stuck&cudn't run d biz but refused 2close it cos sh had many customers.Then out of nowhere,sh decided teach me d biz so as 2run her shop.Sh took me 2Dubai&Turkey&also taught me how 2place order 4goods on line frm Italy;US;UK&China.

Wen I finally got in2 sch,chicks started likin wot I put on cos my 1st year,I lived in d hostel (parents insisted).So wot I did was wen I travel 2shop 4mumsy's shop,I shop 4thngs&sell in sch.I started dealing on hair products,make ups(marykay;mac&sleek),jeweries,footwears,inner wears;sexy nighties;cloths,perfumes;handbags;wallets;travellin bags;wristwatches;designer eyeglasses&so on.U'l b amazed how much students spend 2look good.Selling women stuff wil mak u rich cos al women do is get money frm guys&spend.

A dress/footwear u buy at less than $5,u sell them for 4/5k so calculate d gain.As long as d thngs u'r selling ar fine&of good quality,they'l sell&because I wasn't payin 4shop,or tickets or hotels cos I did my own shopping wen I go 2shop 4mumsy's shop so I wasn't spending my money&also because I hav vry good taste;my goods sold lik crazy.My mum was vry impressed wit my business mind so sh encouraged me.Sh used 2pay 4d cargo.Wen I took ova her shop,d biz grew tremendously(mayb because I carry d favour aura).I brought a youthful touch in2 her biz.I even opened another branch in d spirit of expansion&consulted an auditor who gav us ideas on how 2prevent d staff frm stealing&does our auditin thrice a yr.

Long Story short;Ppl started contacting frm frm evry angle even outside d state I'm based.Al I do is 2parcel d goods 2dem but they pay 4dat though.

If u sell original thngs,u'l definately go far.A customer might go somwhere&somone wil c wot sh's puttin on&ask where sh bought it then sh'l giv d persn my no&i'l tel her wen d product wil b available.Its al abt God's favour;hardwork&determination.As God may hav it;I made good grades in sch but d disadvantage is dat I neva had a social life&d stress gav me ulcer.

I'v said enuf 4one day.2b continued
very impressive. I wish most young girls r biz minded as u r.
Dy ll b less dependent on men.
Re: Check by franktony: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
@27 (2007)i saved until i heated it(115000)after installing three 100kva transformers for hilux tower(mtn mask) in anambra state as a sub-contrator tanks to engr barna.i didn't even know, it was my banker's friend dat informed me.i bought 2 plots of land @350,000 each at near by village in imo.today each of those plots is 2:5m.thankGod for my talent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! / Help: Please I'm Dying Inside. Serious Marital Advise Needed / What Should I Do About My In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.