Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,109 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:06 AM

Check - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Check (4446 Views)

I Gave My Parents Money I Make From Betting. Should I Tell Them The Source? / Could My Man Be The Source Of My Troubles? / What Is The Biggest Source Of Conflict In Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check by Saraha1(f): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Am motivated
Re: Check by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 01, 2014
tspun: I MADE MY FIRST MILLION NAIRA @ AGE 23. i started hustling very early because of jamb WAHALA. When i was 20 i had already wrote jamb twice without fruition. i relinquished the hope of writing more, so i lied to my parent that i had gained admission in delta state polytechnic ozoro, because the town had already being too boring for me, all my guys had left for school, so they [ my parent ] prepared my stuff and gave me money so i left for ozoro with my laptop...

to cut the story short, i followed my friend to school one day, when they were receiving lecture i decide to take a walk around the school so i found my way to the photographers stand.i met a photographer After much introduction and discussion we came to a conclusion that i am to be his editor. [ knowledge i had jokingly acquired from my elder sister's fiance back then in warri].

the next day i came with my lappy and the work started, [that was the era digital knew came in 2008] so graphic designers were scares then. tru him other people and photographers get to know me, i started editing marriage album, flex, posters, banners and doing other miscellaneous work for student with my lappy.

i became very busy, at the end of the year i discover i had almost 400 thousand in my account in addition to the once my parent were sending me thinking i was a student.

One day i was discussing with a photographer and he was complaining how they all travel to warri to do all their printing of enlargement and the framing,saying if he had the graphic knowledge i had he would have borrowed money and buy a printing machine for enlargement.

As a sharp igbo boy that i was i took that discussion as an advice. so i travel to met my sister's fiance and told him about the business plain.He agreed to be a partner in the business. so i gave him my 400k and he add the remaining part of the money and we traveled to lagos together to buy the machine.

And since then a million naira had been less of a deal to me.
AND THAT WAS IT, MY SUCCESS STORY.even though i later gain admission in 2010 i never stop thanking jamb for disappointing me when i needed them most. i never thought @ 25 i will be a car owner living in my own building, everything was just divine arrangement from GOD.
Op thanks for taking me back to memory lane.
this story really motivated me. Disappointments can sometimes be a blessing in disguise. One billion likes smiley
Re: Check by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 01, 2014
marvis5077: this story really motivated me. Disappointments can sometimes be a blessing in disguise. One billion likes smiley
Seconded!
PS: stop wasting your time@ur signature.
Re: Check by Closetoheart: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2014
SupermodelVicky: I made myn at an early age thru business.My mum owns a shop where sh sells different products&Combined wit her busy work at her office,her then manager used 2go abroad 4d shopping.Later d biatch stole frm my mum&ran away.My mum got stuck&cudn't run d biz but refused 2close it cos sh had many customers.Then out of nowhere,sh decided teach me d biz so as 2run her shop.Sh took me 2Dubai&Turkey&also taught me how 2place order 4goods on line frm Italy;US;UK&China.

Wen I finally got in2 sch,chicks started likin wot I put on cos my 1st year,I lived in d hostel (parents insisted).So wot I did was wen I travel 2shop 4mumsy's shop,I shop 4thngs&sell in sch.I started dealing on hair products,make ups(marykay;mac&sleek),jeweries,footwears,inner wears;sexy nighties;cloths,perfumes;handbags;wallets;travellin bags;wristwatches;designer eyeglasses&so on.U'l b amazed how much students spend 2look good.Selling women stuff wil mak u rich cos al women do is get money frm guys&spend.

A dress/footwear u buy at less than $5,u sell them for 4/5k so calculate d gain.As long as d thngs u'r selling ar fine&of good quality,they'l sell&because I wasn't payin 4shop,or tickets or hotels cos I did my own shopping wen I go 2shop 4mumsy's shop so I wasn't spending my money&also because I hav vry good taste;my goods sold lik crazy.My mum was vry impressed wit my business mind so sh encouraged me.Sh used 2pay 4d cargo.Wen I took ova her shop,d biz grew tremendously(mayb because I carry d favour aura).I brought a youthful touch in2 her biz.I even opened another branch in d spirit of expansion&consulted an auditor who gav us ideas on how 2prevent d staff frm stealing&does our auditin thrice a yr.

Long Story short;Ppl started contacting frm frm evry angle even outside d state I'm based.Al I do is 2parcel d goods 2dem but they pay 4dat though.

If u sell original thngs,u'l definately go far.A customer might go somwhere&somone wil c wot sh's puttin on&ask where sh bought it then sh'l giv d persn my no&i'l tel her wen d product wil b available.Its al abt God's favour;hardwork&determination.As God may hav it;I made good grades in sch but d disadvantage is dat I neva had a social life&d stress gav me ulcer.

I'v said enuf 4one day.2b continued

Please can I get your contact? I'm interested in your line of business, though I'm gainfully employed, but I have this itch to do something more for myself. My e-mail address is adefolaadetu@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Check by Sard(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
Highly motivated. cheesy *following*
Re: Check by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Check by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nice thread. keep it coming guys!!
Would love 2 hear Seun's story.
Re: Check by walex25(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
I think i made mine when i was 19. but wasnt up to 1 million. i made about 800k while working in a cafe and computer maintenance, between SS3 and 2 years of searching for university admission, but i had to settle for poly. Now i have spent most of it on school and one land investment i made. all in all i thank Almighty God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Men Get Paternity Leave? / Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! / Help: Please I'm Dying Inside. Serious Marital Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.