Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP (2431 Views)

Militants Give Condition To Stop Bombings In N’delta / Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East / Amaechi Gives Terms For Quitting As Govs’ Forum Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by ifeanyija(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
The Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has given President Goodluck Jonathan one condition to return to the Peoples Democratic Party.

Amaechi said he was ready to go back to the PDP if Jonathan would return Rivers oil wells ceded to neighbouring Bayelsa State.

The governor, who spoke on Monday during a rally organised by the All Progressives Congress at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, said despite the 2.1 million votes Jonathan received in the state in 2011, the Federal Government had not executed any project in Rivers.

He dismissed claims that the ceding of Rivers oil wells in Soku to Bayelsa State was done during the tenure of former Governor Rufus Ada George.
Amaechi said, “We gave the President nearly 2.1 million votes. Let him tell us one project he has done for us. I have challenged the President that I belong to APC. If he wants me back in PDP, let him return the oil wells to the Kalabari people and I will come back.

“But the President cannot. Instead, he will take more. One of our sons, a Kalabari son, said the oil wells were taken under Rufus Ada-George. Tell him I say he is lying. He never served in any government. I served under Ada-George government and there was no oil well taken from Rivers State then.

“I served under Dr. Peter Odili. The oil well was taken in 2006. They put the money in an escrow account and by 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010, they took all the money and gave to our brothers and they converted Soku to Bayelsa.”

www.punchng.com/news/amaechi-gives-condition-to-return-to-pdp/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by edo3(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Rotel, u are my guy anytym.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by ifeanyija(m): 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
So he wants PDP

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by 1MCN: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
If Amaechi admitted that the oil wells were ceded to Bayelsa in 2006, and while the court case was ongoing, the FG (under OBJ) kept the oil proceedings in an escrow account why then is he saying that Jonathan took Rivers oils to Bayelsa state? Was he (Jonathan) and the FG not under obligation to obey the court judgement? Why sowing this ugly seeed of discord between two brothers these days by Amaechi? Amaechi has been talking rather very crassly lately.

12 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by ckkris: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
How can Amaechi return to the PDP so quickly? Atiku stayed in the ACN up to one year before returning. Amaechi has not yet 'dobale' prostrated well well before Tinubu, the owner of APC.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Theben(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
2.1million votes? Someone should tell me the total population of Rivers state biko and the total number of people who were eligible to vote in 2011. Perhaps Amaechi was trying to tell us the Election was rigged in GEJ's favoour in rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
Amaechi said he was ready to go back to the PDP if Jonathan would return Rivers oil wells ceded to neighbouring Bayelsa State.

He jst unknowingly exposed a secret to the public.this must be the real reason for all his fight against a president... OIL WELL!
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Longeria(m): 12:27am On Dec 24, 2013
The lDIOT governor fail to talk about over 100 oil wells ceded to rivers state from AKWA IBOM and ABIA states.

Amaechi, I hate you.....................

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Ikengawo: 12:38am On Dec 24, 2013
ckkris: How can Amaechi return to the PDP so quickly? Atiku stayed in the ACN up to one year before returning. Amaechi has not yet 'dobale' prostrated well well before Tinubu, the owner of APC.

Even Atiku has come out to announce he didn't 'officially' join APC.
Amaechi has proven the type of leader he is. A situation that is in court as we speak, he expects, through trying to extort GEJ that Jonathan will dismantle the rule of law, dismantle due process, undermine the courts, and ignore the 2006 government's decision and reasoning because he's 'the president'.
In one statement he has proven that he's doesn't understand the democratic process, judicial process, and modern statecraft. This isn't Buhari's Era. This isn't Tinubu's Lagos. This is Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by abacrested(f): 1:06am On Dec 24, 2013
E mean say em never pik APC form sef,e dey. Wait make e see whether GEJ go consider am and we don dey cellebrate opposition.leave PDP men,dying minite Now, dem go come negotiate for softlanding wen GEJ go don bcome PDP candidate,na APC I dey pity,see as PDP jst dey use dem play.make tinubu and buhari go find better strikers like suarez sighn dan al dis old strikers (obj baggio and atiky inzagi,amechi torres,rabiu eto-o etc)wey dey find money.dem Jst dey help GEJ

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 24, 2013
so after all the mantras about democracy, for Amaechi this is about oil wells!
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Brimmie(m): 1:47am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 24, 2013
From the same rally...

Jonathan Wants To Kill Me -- Amaechi

December 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mf_bmPDPPw
The Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, has claimed that he is one of the persons on the lists of 1,000 politicians that President Goodluck Jonathan is targeting to kill, as alleged in a letter by a former Nigerian president to Jonathan.

At a rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held in Port-Harcourt, to galvanise support ahead of the 2015 election, Governor Amaechi decried the level of impunity in Nigeria, alleging that the police and other security agencies were molesting innocent citizens..

“There is no rule of law in Nigeria at all. We are being molested by police. They are paying thugs to shoot dynamites and guns against innocent citizens,” Amaechi told the crowd.

Citing a letter by a former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo, alleging that President, Goodluck Jonathan, has hired snipers for targeted politicians, Ameachi said that President Jonathan’s response to the letter demanding that Obasanjo should provide the list of politicians targeted was not necessary as he was the first on the list.

“I am number on the list,” he said.

“They want to kill me but they have no God. The God we worship will do what? he asked. “Kill them,” the crowd responded.

The governor, who defected to the APC few weeks ago, left the Peoples Democratic Party together with four other governors of the party after a disagreement with the leadership of the party could not be resolved.

Source
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by manny4life(m): 3:03am On Dec 24, 2013
He should stay where he is, he can't be trusted.. Let him show his solidarity with APC, after the race is done, we will count the miles.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Ikengawo: 3:03am On Dec 24, 2013
you accuse somebody of training 1000 murders that will commit political holocaust on Nigeria, but you're willing to rejoin his party if he gives your state more oil wells. This type of logic only works in Nigeria i swear

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by saintneo(m): 3:28am On Dec 24, 2013
I have listened to APC rallies in PH on the radio; their mantra usually is that once APC gets into power, then they will get back their oil bells from Bayelsa.

My deductions:
This switch is very deceptive.
Amaechi and his goons are feeding the minds of Rivers people with hate against Bayelsa people.
All the APC people in Rivers State are ignorant of the law. Virtually everybody in Nigeria.

my two kobo

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Kairoseki77: 3:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Ikengawo:

Even Atiku has come out to announce he didn't 'officially' join APC.
Amaechi has proven the type of leader he is. A situation that is in court as we speak, he expects, through trying to extort GEJ that Jonathan will dismantle the rule of law, dismantle due process, undermine the courts, and ignore the 2006 government's decision and reasoning because he's 'the president'.
In one statement he has proven that he's doesn't understand the democratic process, judicial process, and modern statecraft. This isn't Buhari's Era. This isn't Tinubu's Lagos. This is Nigeria.

Atiku has never joined APC. You are too desperate.

IBB, OBJ, and Atiku were just VISITED by APC members two days ago.
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Tintinix: 4:25am On Dec 24, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Ikengawo meant Atiku joined AC N
@Topic. Amaechi if really he said that is being petty! Pick a party and stay their!
He is not above the law! All these Rivers State Governors sef and their feeling entitled to be worshipped! Smh!
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Tintinix: 4:26am On Dec 24, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Ikengawo meant Atiku joined AC N
@Topic. Amaechi if really he said that is being petty! Pick a party and stay their!
He is not above the law! All these Rivers State Governors sef and their feeling entitled to be worshipped! Its all because of oil wells that we don't get to see the dividend of anyhow! What happened to all the other oil wells ehn Smh!
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by samuelkaykay(m): 6:03am On Dec 24, 2013
Mallam Amaechi is arabanko wuruwuru master.
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2013
Amaechi : " we steal because you don't stone us"

Me : "we don't stone you because we are daft"

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by imengerj(m): 6:44am On Dec 24, 2013
The whole scenario is very funny. He is only trying to mock pdp.
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by ifeanyija(m): 6:50am On Dec 24, 2013
Longeria: The lDIOT governor fail to talk about over 100 oil wells ceded to rivers state from AKWA IBOM and ABIA states.

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by 99100(m): 7:03am On Dec 24, 2013
This Amaechi of a guy talks like a thug and a fool.
He is an anuofia.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by southsouthman: 7:24am On Dec 24, 2013
Those who knew him before now knows that the man is losing his swag. He dances forced dance and laugh. He has lost his sense of reasoning that he contradicts himself so much in every opportunity given him to speak. He wants to sweep out a South South president because he has not delivered anything to the South South. He wants at the same begging to join the same man he wants to sweep out if Oil wells are forcefully taken from Bayelsa and given to Rivers. At the same time he accuses Mr. President of impunity and recklessness. I think this man needs some psychiatric checks

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by Temismith(f): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2013
No condition is permanent tongue
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by gbadexy(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2013
From this report, the oil well was taken in 2006 while jonathan wasn't yet the president. I thought part of his grouse was that jonathan converted rivers oil well to bayelsa.
Anyway, he only gave the condition he doesn't ever believe could be met for saying sake and to gain the people's support due to his fighting for their interest.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by ckkris: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Ikengawo:

you accuse somebody of training 1000 murders that will commit political holocaust on Nigeria, but you're willing to rejoin his party if he gives your state more oil wells. This type of logic only works in Nigeria i swear

Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by stevoski059(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Longeria: The lDIOT governor fail to talk about over 100 oil wells ceded to rivers state from AKWA IBOM and ABIA states.

even in Imo state egbema to be precise.
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by tebill(m): 10:13am On Dec 24, 2013
So na oil well mak em join APC...APC a party with multiple personal agendas
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by biafranqueen: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2013
mikeansy: so after all the mantras about democracy, for Amaechi this is about oil wells!
I am surprised your surprised undecided Every political battle is for money or oil/mineral resources, sometimes both.
Re: Amaechi Gives Condition To Return To PDP by biafranqueen: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2013
tebill: So na oil well mak em join APC...APC a party with multiple personal agendas
the same reason OBJ shot off letter sharing is not flowing like before

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of PDP And APC After Six Weeks Of Election Postponement / Tinubu Behind Plot To Remove Ekweremadu –ohanaeze / Buhari Gives Reps Marching Orders: Resolve Your Crisis “within Six Hours”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.