Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders (25213 Views)

President Jonathan's Response After Card Reader Failure / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders / Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities (2) (3) (4)

Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
The NEF lamented that Jonathan adopted what it called ‘pedestrian approach’ to addressing the core issues raised by Obasanjo and ended up creating more tension in Nigeria than what his predecessor’s letter had generated.

"We feel highly disappointed by the tone and contents of Mr. President’s response to Obasanjo’s letter," Secretary General of the NEF, Prof Ango Abdullahi, commented on Jonathan's move.

NEF representatives blasted Jonathan for him not taking time to explain to Nigerians whether he had fulfilled the electoral promises he made to the nation and whether in his view, he had made the country better than he met it on assumption of duty.

Moreover, Abdullahi claimed that Jonathan should sum up courage as the current leader to address the germane issues raised in the letter so that the country could move forward.

He noted that the country was going through a complicated period in its political history and that Jonathan should take reasonable steps to arrest the drift rahter than pretend that everything was fine.

Abdullahi also said that it would have been better for Jonathan to keep quiet over the Obasanjo letter than offer a lame reply, which in the main, shies away from the bone of contention.

He stated the following:

"By the response given by Jonathan to the Obasanjo’s letter, the impression seems to be that Jonathan lacks a clear understanding of the major problems facing the country and does not seem to appreciate the innocuous admonition given him by Obasanjo in his letter.

"Our simply and innocuous advice to Mr. President is to use the remaining part of his tenure to find answers to the raging problems facing Nigeria and desist from acting as if all is well with the nation.

"If Mr. President does not know or the people around him have shielded him from knowing, the truth remains that Nigeria is drifting and its citizens in dire need of a leadership that can take them to the next level."

www.naij.com

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by oLAAbEfe(m): 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
...i was here..!
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
Am with the NEF on this....even though I've had cause to disagree most often with their approach to regaining power

I know the same suspects will come soon to pour invectives at NEF...

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Mynd44: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Wait the president has not gone on Christmas break yet? These back and forth over letters is beginning to bore people

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
ilugunboy: Am with the NEF on this....even though I've had cause to disagree most often with their approach to regaining power

You sabi dem wella! Wait they are coming!

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jonathan has dug his political grave with that Okukpe letter! This I know shocked

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
berem: You sabi dem wella! Wait they are coming!

Na their way....they never disappoint...always trying to outdo one another.

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by jmaine: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Before nko, wetin una wan talk. Na today !!

36 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
The problem now is that NIGERIANS are the ones that will be punished for all these OPEN LETERS and INSULTS...awaiting another new year gift of fuel subsidy removal...#2014 thinzzz

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
soe: The problem now is that NIGERIANS are the ones that will be punished for all these OPEN LETERS and INSULTS... awaiting another new year gift of fuel subsidy removal...#2014 thinzzz
OMG! I pray it doesn't happen! embarassed
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
They can go and die

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by awodman: 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
Do u mean what Ango Abdullahi said ?

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by churchmind: 11:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
OBJ n GEJ r walking n cruising on d psych of our old cargo northern bunch of expired so call elders ,hence,the more L8-):ok they d less they will see b4 u know 2019 wit GEJ has come n gone

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Haha these northern elders have suddenly gotten a mouth to talk with.

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Demdem(m): 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Only fools will expect much from Jonathan.
We all should remember that he is naturally daft by default.
A letter emanating from him or office can't be an exception.
I expect these northern leaders to know this by now.

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by mike404(m): 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
ilugunboy: Am with the NEF on this....even though I've had cause to disagree most often with their approach to regaining power

IN MIZ VOICE. REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE YA NOT TRYING TO WITHDRAW YA SUPPORT FOR YOUR SLAVE MASTERS REMEMBER THAT THEY [YOUR MASTERS] MUST RULE NIGERIA FOR PEACE TO REIGN

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by oluakadinma: 12:06am On Dec 24, 2013
All those Questions asked by NEF should be directed to all the northern heads of state that contributed to this mess we are now.

The worst that can happen to this country is intimidating GEJ out of power come 2015, then you would understand the real sabotage! The whole south south will be on fire and the effect oN the economy will be well pronounced!

Since una No wan give this man rest, no problem! One good turn deserves another. We are watching.

47 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Brimmie(m): 12:15am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by rozayx5(m): 12:50am On Dec 24, 2013
see them dancing all over this thread, bu they were found wanting at the MMA thread grin

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ikeno(m): 12:51am On Dec 24, 2013
berem: OMG! I pray it doesn't happen! embarassed
It is inevitable.so u better start to buckle your belt. cheesy
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 24, 2013
If the mallams are against GEJ he must be doing something right. Mallams are parasites. They can't think straight.

52 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by gramci: 4:38am On Dec 24, 2013
Demdem: Only fools will expect much from Jonathan.
We all should remember that he is naturally daft by default.
A letter emanating from him or office can't be an exception.
I expect these northern leaders to know this by now.

dummydummy even you when go night school de talk about letter writing grin

52 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by gramci: 4:41am On Dec 24, 2013
rozayx5: see them dancing all over this thread, bu they were found wanting at the MMA thread grin

what do you expect from evil men of nairaland, like vultures they only look for carcass to devour.

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by true2god: 5:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by nathandrake(m): 5:32am On Dec 24, 2013
Dear santa, my only request is for you to pack all this foolish fool destorying this country and go dump dem for kosovo

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ObiOkpor(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2013
NEF,is an irrelevant forum as long as SE/SS is concern,they are just punch of old,frustrated sets of human being.They can‘t tarnish the image of GEJ

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by ihimami: 6:35am On Dec 24, 2013
oluakadinma: All those Questions asked by NEF should be directed to all the northern heads of state that contributed to this mess we are now.

The worst that can happen to this country is intimidating GEJ out of power come 2015, then you would understand the real sabotage! The whole south south will be on fire and the effect oN the economy will be applauded!

Since una No wan give this man rest, no problem! We are watching

I hope you do not wish to live in a state like Borno, if the whole of south south is on fire what happen to the people there?

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by Burger01(m): 6:48am On Dec 24, 2013
See them! Enemy of progress. They never see anything good in this country and yet they want to rule. Useless elder forum. I doubt they'll be saying this thrash if it were to be a northerner in power. All of you should go and die. sad

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by IdomaLikita: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2013
Useless Elders!

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by gameboyo: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2013
Fake prof ango,hatred will kill u some day.tell me one aspect of that letter that gej didn't touched.

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by omenka(m): 8:16am On Dec 24, 2013

Saw a couple of them viewing... cheesy
Re: Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders by omenka(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Obi Okpor: NEF,is an irrelevant forum as long as SE/SS is concern,they are just punch of old,frustrated sets of human being.They can‘t tarnish the image of GEJ

Apparently, you are either just a kid or an elderly stark illiterate.

Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings / Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC / DSS Begins Mass Release Of Detainees