Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow (769 Views)

Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council / Be A Good Samaritan / The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 1:16am On Dec 24, 2013
when my thread was banished to the literature section by the MOD
My inside plugged my 'mentals' into bringing my little ministry to the literature section
and it quickly drafted a story that is part literature part 'religion
This story is a concotion of truth, fiction and what could be ..(make i try be like ishilove small, although i am not a literal giant like her)
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 1:19am On Dec 24, 2013
I hailed a taxi, and too late, realized that it had 1 passenger inside
"taxi, i be want drop" i said
"oga, no problem, enter. i go soon drop this man"

I hopped into the taxi and took the back sit
As i ushered myself unto the semi naked sit my mind raced bacwards taking my life in one full sweep
I was broke.. damn broke. I was just coming from the computer village where i had dropped my laptop a week ealier for repairs
I had gone back to see if i could retreive the laptop using faith in conjunction with an almost empty pocket
it did not work.

Things were getting frustratingly difficult for me
this was not a usuall story of my life
I was born with a zinc spoon and for a large portion of my teenage life
was able to afford some of the china inner-labeled designer neccesities of life

(**chei...what have i got myself into..how i wan take finish this story?...OOOOo GODDDDD.. u who hid Jonah in the belly of the whale,.. pls touch the MODs heart to hide my post in Jesus name..Amen)

1 Like

Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by Ishilove: 6:24am On Dec 24, 2013
Lol.

Just let it flow out. I'm following this story grin grin
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by An0nimus: 7:35am On Dec 24, 2013
"I had gone back to see if i could retreive the
laptop using faith in conjunction with an almost
empty pocket

It did not work."

grin. Following.
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by PastorOluT(m): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2013
An0nimus: "I had gone back to see if i could retreive the
laptop using faith in conjunction with an almost
empty pocket

It did not work."

grin. Following.

That part got me laughing too!
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2013
my dad was rising in his career until his organisation was privatised.
This greatly slowed the regular egunjes that were coming into his pocket from undocumented streams of income.

Some 5 years after the privatization, my dad was laid off
this seemed a good thing at first
he was paid off handsomely in 8 figures
Thanks to inspirational books like Rich Dad Poor Dad
he wisely invested in the stock market

I also suspected that Mama Sandra, our divorcee neighbour
(whom i had seen my dad hanging out with on some 2 occasions) had received a princely portion of dad's investment

Her yellowness had increased during that period,
and her trips to china, Dubai and the UK to shop for goods for sale had also coincidentally increased
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2013
then came the stock market crash
my dad was left clutching on to worthless share certificates
and the life of family members took a downward turn

my mum, God bless her soul, soon opened a shop in the market and became the family bread winner.
My dad’s testosterone died a drastic death, and he stopped going out in the night for 'business'

My sisters,
I swear, they are not runs girls...(they were in the choir and ushering departments at church, and so couldnt be) they only became adept at getting male friends to dash them money
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by nitrogen(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2013
Boxing day dash! Abeg continue
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by mumumugu(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
Move to literature section
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by Ishilove: 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
Pls go on smiley
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
If you're wondering how come I was broke and yet catching a taxi drop
well, i had this habit of thinking big, and believing that acting big was faith that would align my actions with a successful future.
So I'd rather walk or stay home most times of the week, a
nd take a well bargained taxi once in a while, rather than struggling with the masses for mass transport

As i sat back in the taxi muttering in tongues and claiming all the houses and cars that I passed by
my feet soon kicked against something in a nylon bag under the car sit
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
I wondered what it was and half interestedly bent to touch the bag and peer inside
Jesus!! was i seeing clearly?
It looked like wads of 1000 naira notes

i jerked back upright on my sit with the expertise peculiar to only james bond

I looked at the driver and the passenger in front to check if they had noticed anything
they didnt seem to have

I gently used my feet to maneuvar the bag into a position in which i could more easily assess the content
it was money alright, and in 1000 naira bills
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
What should i do i pondered?
it was either this money was a trap by the driver to turn me to a tortoise, or a passenger had forgotten it I reasoned

"I am a son of God, jazz cannot work on me" i reasoned. this knocked off my first worry.
for the second worry, I reasoned that if I alerted the driver to the content of the bag, he would take it

"No", I resolved not to tell the driver. "This must be money sent by an angel of God and besides what will my pastor do if he were in my shoes".
I had this strong feeling that he would take it.
I ran this query against most of the Nigerian pastors I knew, and I seemed convinced that a large number of them would take it and justify it as answers to prayers.

"Ok, but what would jesus do?"
Mba... i refused to allow my brain process the answer
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by esere826: 9:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
I looked to see that the driver and passenger in front had still not suspected anything,
unzipped the bag that i was carrying, and in pretence dropped the bag on the floor with some of its content spilling over
Still in acting mode, i sighed and bent down to repackage my bag and slipped the nylon bag into my own bag

barely 2 minutes after this, i told the driver to stop feigning that I had forgotten something
i quickly hoppd out of the taxi and disappeared into the lagos crowd with my loot
Re: The Not-too Good Samaritan And The Old Widow by fpeter(f): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
OLE!

(1) (Reply)

The Bondage Of Secrete Cults And One Way Out / Ahaziah, Who Died Without Seeking After God / Firs Fruit Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.