Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Madonna University: The Truth - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University: The Truth (37808 Views)

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / Ebonyi State University (ebsu) Now Federal University The Name : / Tansian University, The Pride Of Anambra State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madonna University: The Truth by truth2: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
Forget every other thing you've heard; this is the truth about a school that uses religion as a facade to commit unmentionable acts, unbaked lecturers, ignorant and abusive staff, a school that uses "redeemed" mental patients as security men, N15000 library fees for libraries that don't contain books, a deputy vice-chancellor that doesn't respect parents,, I can go on and on and on. Don't ever consider going there.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Joseph6(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2008
Truth , i know u're talkin out of reproach but everything u've sed is absolutely true, madonna is the worst thing that ever happened to naija, its not 2 late 2 drop out oh, i'd rather spend 4 years at home doing notin dan go 2 madonna university

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Okijajuju1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2008
Thats why you should pass WAEC.
People with good waec result no dey go useless unis like Madonna, Convenant and Babcock.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Joseph6(m): 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2008
u no wat i think, madonna is spoilin the reputation of oda private universities.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by truth2: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2008
i fear none, i will speak the truth. laboratories without equipment? expulsion based on hearsay? final year students with missing 100level results? anyone who dares counter my views should speak up or forever hold his silence

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by truth2: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2008
sudden fee increments, food unfit for pigs, electricity problems during exams, cramped accomodation, 2 mention a few
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Okijajuju1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2008
Joseph6:

Truth , i know u're talkin out of reproach but everything u've sed is absolutely true, madonna is the worst thing that ever happened to naija, its not 2 late 2 drop out oh, i'd rather spend 4 years at home doing notin dan go 2 madonna university

What rep??

Convenants expulsion of pregnant students, HIV positive students, students with no bibles, e.t.c
I am yet to get the full koko on Babcock but i hear its no different. Igbinedion might just be the last of the mohicans for private unis in naija.

truth2:

i fear none, i will speak the truth. laboratories without equipment? expulsion based on hearsay? final year students with missing 100level results? anyone who dares counter my views should speak up or forever hold his silence

Who dey fear you??
Who send you go their??
You open your eye go that kind school, why you no pass WAEC and JAMB enter normal university??

Abeg go cry for another place o jare.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Seun(m): 11:35pm On Aug 02, 2008
People with good waec result no dey go useless unis like Madonna, Convenant and Babcock.
The staff of Covenant University may be harsh and unfair to their students, but they have good facilities. For now, Covenant University is still the best secondary school in Nigeria. wink
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Viante(f): 11:42pm On Aug 02, 2008
angry angry angry
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Sisikill: 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2008
I just love how we have no qualms discussing unsubstantiated news!!!!

Why show evidence or source. . . . It only gets in the way of plucking things out of thin air.

Bah! Wild tales are the BEST!!!
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Viante(f): 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
Madonna University is such a Joke

Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Queenisha: 2:44am On Aug 03, 2008
Viante:

Madonna University is such a Joke

Tufiakwa!!!

Like that your covenant secondary grammar school is any better.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Joseph6(m): 2:52am On Aug 03, 2008
4 me madonna is a dustbin 4 dustbin students who are not willing 2 pay high price 4 private unis, and are 2 dumb and stupid 2 face jamb or/and waec
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by HCH3COO: 2:52am On Aug 03, 2008
Queenisha:

Like that your covenant secondary grammar school is any better.
ROTFLMFPBAOAFWIP
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by babylahot(f): 3:05am On Aug 03, 2008
omo no be small thing oooooo. madonna university na Bleep up glorified primary school. their security men na happy people nd every monday jogging 4 chicks'jump up iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii' with illtrate cso, grin smiley
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Joseph6(m): 3:17am On Aug 03, 2008
so how useful is their certificate sef?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by chukky76(m): 4:11am On Aug 03, 2008
apart from the hiding under religion to promote unmentionable acts thingy, what fed university can you not say the rest of all what you guys said about? they all like that. i helped a sibling thru madonna uni and she came home with assignments and work term papers that were well advanced that any i was given in uniben. every uni has someetin wrong with it but i can assure u people are being taught even in the worst unis

wake up and smell the roast plantain, we in naija, wherever u see urself, xtract the best from it n leave the rest. and avoid going around making slanderous statements.

thats what makes men and keeps you boys

4 Likes

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Joseph6(m): 4:31am On Aug 03, 2008
i wld really hate 2 be ur son, chai if u're already rigid and archaic minded like this how much more when u grow up, u better change oh it urts when pple think they are smart and make others beliv wat is not.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by femzy(m): 6:53am On Aug 03, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by ehie007(m): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2008
wat exactly is really wrong wiv madonna, they av fine babes sha!!

@chukky76, guy i feel you jare, every university has its bad side, but the truth is make the best out of it and leave the rest, our employers dont care which school you went to, all they want to know is ur grade, there are so many madonna graduates doing well that came out with 2.1 or 1st class. even if u are in worst university or polytechnic in naija, just make the best out of it by coming out tops,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by reindeer: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2008
All these so called private unversities thrive because

the government killed the great universities it had eg UI, OAU,UNN,UNIBEN,ABU etc

most kids nowadays dont want to read,so they have probs with even NECO that we al know is much cheaper than WAEC exams.

Most parents are just interested in kids going to private unis without doing enough research about those schools.

University education is lucrative bizness, thats why religious bodies are rushing into opening them.

Those my friends are the reasons why these glorified secondary schools keep thriving in nija,univeristy education sint just about laws,its about encouraging the mental and intelectual development of the students,its supposed to stimulate creativity and that is why i'd still rather send my child to those aforementioned schools than pay huge sums for an intellect stiffling high school like convenant.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by sleekender(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2008
Hey, I also heard they drastically increased school fees (over 200% increase) in Madonna!!! Is that true??
That V.C must really be a joker!! Heard he owns schools, banks, bakeries, eateries etc and that he's also a reverend father! Na wa oh!! Which kind FADA be that? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by igbsam(m): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2008
Seun:

For now, Covenant University is still the best secondary school in Nigeria. wink

Ol Boy you harsh ooo. Secondary School ke !
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by 4Play(m): 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2008
Sisikill:

I just love how we have no qualms discussing unsubstantiated news!!!!

Why show evidence or source. . . . It only gets in the way of plucking things out of thin air.

Bah! Wild tales are the BEST!!!

Look at this 'uncultured' woman. You want the facts to get in the way of people's 'righteous indignation'.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by truth2: 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2008
''thats what makes men and keeps you boys''   mr CHUKKY76,i criticize the school not becos am biased,but in the hope that it would bring positive change. u didnt school there so u dont know the half, u r obviously a half baked emcee who thinks he can rhyme

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Gonorrhea(m): 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2008
If u dont pass JAMB,WAEC AND NECO, that is where you deserve!!

When a University comes up with a stupid unserious name, you know it is bound to be a total fallacy!

Madonna ko, maradona Ni!
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bigrovar(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2008
Its really sad what private university have become , especially the ones that mix religion with education , my brother attends redeemers univeristy and the story is the same , poor facilities (the student lack access to computers and good sport facilities,) poor infrastructures,(frequent light and water shortages) internet is hardly available ,  lac of professionalism in dealing with the students , ( religious morals and schools rules are one and the same) yet the school charges exorbitant  fees , yeah its easy to say didnt you see that before u got in , but really many people have very little choices , its very difficult getting into the good public  univeristy in Nigeria , infact it is easier getting an US visa than to get an admission to , unilag,IFE , or UI to mention a few , even the state univeristies bug u down with their preference for their own indigence , so we were left with no choice than to send him to the monastery  ,

on a bright note they is a new school in Nigeria , it is a pan african school setup by the world bank to breed the next generation of african scientist , its called african univeristy of science and technology AUST , its located in abuja , and it is by far the best school in Nigeria at the moment , it has the best facilities ( all the students are given laptops, there are 4 standard labraries , all the lecture all have projectors , there are 3 computer labs with a total of 60 computers all stocked with the very best tools for education , , and the students would be thought by the best lecturers from around the world here is a list of the teaching staff ,

Gateway for Faculty and Staff

AUST has a permanent faculty and an extensive network of visiting faculty from abroad.  In 2008, the following Professors (not exhaustive) will be visiting AUST-Abuja and offer courses in their specialties:

Prof. Wole Sobeyejo (Princeton University, USA)
Prof. Kunle Olukotun (Stanford University, USA)
Prof. Abba Gumel (University of Manitoba, Canada)
Prof. Babatunde Ogunnaike (University of Delaware, USA)
Prof. Doug Buttrey (University of Delaware, USA)
Prof. Luke Achenie (Virginia Tech. University, USA)
Prof. Charles Chidume (International Center for Theoretical Physics, Italy)
Prof. Mamadou Traore (Universite Blaise Pascal, France)
Prof. Lionel Thibault (Universite de Montpellier II, France)
Prof. Kwadwo Osseo-Asare (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
Prof. Mike Adewumi (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
Prof. Daopu Numbere (University of Missouri, USA)
Prof. Tannie Liverpool (Bristol University, USA)
Prof. Attahiru Alfa ( University of Manitoba,Canada)
Prof. Francois Tsobnang ( ISMANS, France)
Prof. Said Kouachi (Universite de Khenchela,Algeria)
Prof. Jean Lubuma ( University of Pretoria,RSA)

the students also get to be thought in the most condusive environments , the best accomodations and awesome recreational facilities which include , swimming pool,basket ball court,tennis court,volleball court,and a gym ,  
for now admission is only for masters students and its free , yeah free as air , because all the students are on scholarship , which include feeding,accomodation,health insurance,laundary service , and some pocket change , as allowance , admission is closed for now , but next year u can apply ,
u can also check their website at www.aust-abuja.org

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by dearstan(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2008
Where is Madonna?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Gonorrhea(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2008
dearstan:

Where is Madonna?

Argentina! grin

4 Likes

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by imanit(f): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2008
What's dis general believe that all private university students failed waec and jamb and neco? am not praising the schools but every uni has its bad sides. the only way out is for those in public universities to make the best out of it and those in private universities to make the best out of it too.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by toluxa1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2008
@bigrovar O boy this school fine no be small oh! Infact e pass ABTI fine sef.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by toluxa1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2008
Men, i use to think Madonna was one of the best Unis in Nig. o. The day I started doubting was when they did one graduating ceremony like that on NTA. If was WAK. It was terrible. They were not even doing like they were on National television at all. Can you imagine VC shouting on students like dogs! That VC sef be like cult member. Like say him dey take igbo too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Primary School Best Graduating Student Gets New House As Gift In Rivers. Photos / Difference Between Center And Centre / '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.