Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying (1930 Views)

4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying / Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why / High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Bullying! Bullying!! Bullying!!!
Do you wanna know how to stop this?
If Yes, then this article is for YOU only.
Make sure you read from start to the end...

Bullying is always a serious issue, every parent must be fully prepared for it because its a normal and natural occurrence,is part of our nature and get this...it's not our fault or the child's fault,if they get bullied, we should acknowledge this!

Bullying in my own view as just only 2(two) types,we have; The Physical Bullying and
The Verbal Bullying.
Both can be done either by an individual(a kid) or a group(a gang of kids).I so much believe that kids who involve in bullying others are troubled ones,they kids who are facing a lot of troubles at home,which they can't handle,some have bottled up a lot of pains from what they've gone through and this have affected their emotions. So in order to express their feelings,share,mingle and to create awareness among their fellows is kinda difficult for them,instead of being positive they go negative with others. This is another parenting issue on is own.

Actions such as,picking on a fellow,demeaning,shoving,pushing etc are done in various places especially in schools and in the neighborhood where no adult sees it...this is what makes bullying a hard issue to tackle. Yet you must tackle it!

Most parent, do use this Traditional Method to stop bullying,traditional methods such as;
1. Telling Your kids To Never Mind Or Ignore Bullying,
2. Fighting Or Hit Back Bullying, and
3. Challenging the kid that bullied or their parent.
Truly this methods do work but it does live a mark in a little kid's life for God knows how long!
Imagine, a kid who as been trained on how to ignore bullying and not to worry about it...and such kids will keep on going through this pains and hurt from his or her fellow. Or a child who as been trained on how fight back whenever he/she is been bullied. Or you do help your kids fight back and challenge the kid who bullied or their parent...what do you think both kids will become?
What kinda atmosphere do you think you are creating for your kid and yourself?
To me, both kids will arbor pains in themselves,including you...The ignoring bully kid might one day commit suicide when it's too much while The fight back kid, will definitely become a bully too (because of too much aggression in defense whenever been bullied). And for the involving parent,who do challenge the kid that bullied or their parent, this might create a strong lasting enmity between your kid and the other kid even between you parents too!
So,I don't use this methods...will you?

Here Are 4 Helpful Ways To Stop Bullying

1.Respond To Your Child's Feelings: If your child is being bullied,let your child know that you do care about their feelings and value their life as well. This alone,will give your child hope and even courage for solution because they have someone they can rely on,someone who they can share what they feel in the inside with...teenagers wants to know that they've being heard and that their feelings matter but this depends on the kind of Parent-Child relationship you've built.
This will then bring up the step of what you both will do to stop the bullying.

2.Report To The Authorities: Here after responding to your child's feelings, you have to do something...so,go ahead and prove it to them that you care and value them...Take note of caution, don't do this with anger or aggressiveness because it will send a wrong message to your child and it will not help stop the bullying but make it worse!
Approaching the Authorities (I mean School authorities or the other parent directly) should be done in a very mature way. The way you approach really matters,when you approach some people while you're angry, you might inflict them with it and this will bring more problem. Try as best as you can to ease you anger and pain on what had happen to your child. Though, is gonna be easy...just keep your sanity!
(Responding to your child's feelings and reporting to the authorities are actions you must take)

3.Teach Your kid To Stand Up For Themselves: The reason why most kid get bullied is For Being Different. So,teach them these;
(A) to look naturally confident and self-assured,
(B) have good self-esteem,
(C) how to care about their appearance ( to be well presented) and
(D) to use eye contact.
I assure this will help them a lot!

4. Empower them-(Positive Peer Group): To me, this is very helpful when you're not around or far away. It's also a very helpful tool to stop bullying for care givers such as, Teachers,Proprietors etc.
At times,when you report to schools authorities about bullying you find out it doesn't stop,don't blame them bullying reports is just too much. In fact,most schools don't permit kids to fight back or defend themselves when bullied.
So,teach or empower them to stop bullying themselves. How you ask?
It's simple,just tell them to work/walk in group...its like having or creating a PRIDE OF TEENAGERS not PRIDE OF LIONS.
Encourage,motivate and challenge them on this group thing...it's gonna be difficult for bullying to occur!
(Teaching your kid/s how to stand up for themselves and empowering them are ways to boost your child self esteem)

Do you have any other ways to help stop bullying?
If you do...please share/post here.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
My suggestion: Put grinded pepper into the eyes of the bullies angry
Hey OP, cyber bullying nko? It is more popular than school and environmental bullying
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by tpia5: 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Nothing irritates me more than cowardly cyberbullies hiding behind their cowardly monikers.

I say beat them up like the chinese would do, that's why they ( chinese) are respected worldwide.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by tpia: 2:29am On Dec 25, 2013
lol
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by greatgod2012(f): 5:31am On Dec 25, 2013
Ignore them!

Just like we do here!

1 Like

Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
greatgod2012: Ignore them!

Just like we do here!
ignore them ke?bitibawo.the first and last time i know i experienced bullying was in jss1 and my mom is partly to blame for the other students bullying me by telling me to ignore them.by jss2 when i was frustrated with the bullying and was always depressed,that was when i made up my mind that i will not ignore and accept any form of bullying whether na verbal or physical bullying from anybody,whether na seniour or not.operation gbe funmi kin dapada ni grin

why you think say my mouth sharp now.even nairaland bullying i no dey accept am talkless of face to face.i never see that person,nbolotin jabo 8-) it was when i took the bull by the horn that i got delivered from secondary school bullying.ignoring didnt work.

Those days,there was no phone so i couldnt call my parents,the only option is for me to wait for them to come during visiting days in school before i can pour out my heart to them or go to the hall mistress office and beg her to use her office land line and that was a rare priviledge before she can allow you to use her land line of which you will say whatever you want to say in her presence.

Those days,my parents will bring orisirisi provisions for me like sadine,spaghetti,toileteries,carbonated drinks,milo,milk etc,senious will slap me,beat me and collect everything for me.i will cry and cry and beg them,for where.the time dey tried that stunt with me again because they thought they could get away as usual and the only thing i would do was to cry and beg,they said,hey shewa,come here,them don bring provisions for you abi?oy give me that cornbeef now.i said abi eleyi yawere ni,shon di e ni grin they looked at each other,they couldnt believe the transformation,so they wanted to confirm whether i was just making ordinary mouth,so they came to meet me and one of them attempted to slap me,i said walahi ti owo ye ba kan mi,oni fowo ye shey nkan gidi mo,try me.the hand hang ni.

The other girl tried pulling my skirt so she could drag the stuffs from my hand,i just raised alarm 'olllleeeeee', ashewo eyin agbaya oshi'everybodys attention was drawn to the scene including the hostel misstresses around so they came to find out what was going and why i was yelling at them,when i told them they tried bullying me so they could collect my provisions from me,they took all those girls to the vice principals office.the vice principal said they should empty all the dustbins in the hostel and wash all the bathrooms as punishment for bullying for a month.after then.no seniour tried bullying.

If i have a child i can NEVER TELL MY CHILD TO IGNORE THE BULLY BECAUSE IGNORING BULLIES IS INDIRECTLY ENCOURAGING THEM TO CONTINUE.I WONT ALWAYS BE WITH THEM 24 HRS.what if i dont have acess to reach them,they wont solve their issh.i will tell them to face their fears.if you ignore them,you have giving them licence to continue.moreover,there is an addage that says no one has the right to disrespect you without your conscent.ignore nbo?face them,stand up for yourself because if you dont,no one else will.infact,its when you stand up for yourself you will receieve support,if you dont,you will just be living a miserable and depressed life.

Throughout my jss1,i couldnt concentrate in class,i couldnt read because i was so scared of my seniours and what they will do to me.ignoring them gave them the impression i was weak and afraid of them so they continued.but till i finished secondary school,for any seniour to even send me message,na with fear.bullies are everywhere,even among adults but it is you that will say lai lai,mo ko iwosi yi.nibo?

1 Like

Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by zeb04(f): 12:32am On Dec 26, 2013
smiley kia kulyie u like stori oh...well wen it com's to bullyin I wld say face your fears,dnt runaway from it hoping it wil disapear,it won't.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 26, 2013
zeb04: smiley kia kulyie u like stori oh...well wen it com's to bullyin I wld say face your fears,dnt runaway from it hoping it wil disapear,it won't.
gbam.exactly.

As per story,una soon go dey pay me,5o,ooonaira per story from january 2014 grin
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 26, 2013
Kuli kuli darling, merry xmas!
Where u dey since?
Partying abi?

All my single ladies, I dey feel una!
Merry mery xmas.
Them plenty I no fit write am down
A-Z( if ur name fall into the initials)
Abeg, make una gist me all about d toasting and partying after d celebration o!

Carry better durex c*ondom for ur handbags o!
Guys r wiser now.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Kuli kuli darling, merry xmas!
Where u dey since?
Partying abi?

All my single ladies, I dey feel una!
Merry mery xmas.
Them plenty I no fit write am down
A-Z( if ur name fall into the initials)
Abeg, make una gist me all about d toasting and partying after d celebration o!

Carry better durex c*ondom for ur handbags o!
Guys r wiser now.
before nko :p them dey tell geh make she wear pad when she dey menstrate,why them no go wear cd igbati ori won o buru

anywayyyy i had loads of mad fun throughout yesterday,trust me,it was mind blowing grin cheesy so happy boxing day :*

ok to update you about yesterday.my siblings and cousins came around to my parents house,so the house was practically full.my cousins took over the kitchen yesterday with cooking of fried rice and frying of chicken,our neighbours too brought coconut jollof rice.while they were at it,i quickly came to nairaland to browse small,after they all left the kitchen,i logged out of nairaland and made zobo and some other fruit drinks i put in the fridge.after all the cooking and kitchen issh,we all fininshed around 12.we exchanged jist and catching up with my siblings and cousins,my kid brother,some of my cousins and his friends were watching movie down stairs,while we were upstairs watched 3 tyler perry movies.by after 4pm i went for a beach party after my girl friend gave me a call. She came to pick me up with her other friends so While she was driving to club.i was bored of their jist and came over to nairaland to browse small.when we got to club or when we hit the club i restrained myself from taking excessive drinks.i just took one and a half bottles of smirnoff ice and a bottle of cold baylis,3 plates of asun and hit the dance floor to dance the night away. Some of my girlfriends decided to light 2 sticks of rothmans and took some whisky.We left there with my friends around 3.30 am back home to crash...

Today i am sooo hitting the gym to burn off all the fried rice,meat,cup cakes and drinks before i turn orobo before new year

so oya jist me about yours,how did it go :*grin
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2013
Kuli kuli u sure had a swell time!

I just dey cook and serve. No outing at all.
Maybe will visit families today if there is chance.

Happy boxing day to u 2 kiss
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Kuli kuli u sure had a swell time!

I just dey cook and serve. No outing at all.
Maybe will visit families today if there is chance.

Happy boxing day to u 2 kiss
awww,thanks love.still on my bed trying to plan my day.still thinking and making up my mind whether i should go for my girlfriends traditional wedding or go visit mannie,since we've spoke on phone and promised him ill be comming to his place.

Later in the day too,i think i need to shop for a new hand bag and wallet.i am tired of the one i am using.

it is when i come back ill tear the hampers some of our family friends brought.i think that will be all that will be happening for today :*:*:*
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Temismith(f): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2013
Used to bully d bullies way back in school cheesy
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2013
Temismith: Used to bully d bullies way back in school cheesy
lol,i dont bully anyone but if anyone attempts it on me or my friends,the person go hearam cheesy
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Kanwulia: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Find out the NAMES OF ALL the bullies and have a TALK with their parents!
File a complaint with the COPS(IF YOU LIVE IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY LIKE MINE THE USA). . . .If you are in NIGERIA. . . go straight to the parents of ALL THE BULLIES and let them know THEIR KIDS LIVES ARE IN DANGER!!!! kiss Just a warning. kiss

Simple!

After all, the rotten apple does not fall too far from the rotten tree abi? grin

My only job is to protect the wellbeing of my kids. . . I WILL START WITH THEIR PARENTS FIRST! kiss

I can protect myself. . . THEY HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T DO SHYTE! We deeeeeeey kampkpeeeeeee. . . dem dey quench on NL 'obituary' sections one by one!!! MU CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

May more continue to perish for their mischief making. . .so they may die before their parents. . . Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! kiss
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
martha: My suggestion: Put grinded pepper into the eyes of the bullies angry
Hey OP, cyber bullying nko? It is more popular than school and environmental bullying

@Martha,
Wow!
E reach that level?
Pepper...For human being eye?
Wow! You dey vex ooo...lol
Am sure this will begin WAR!

Anyway hold on for CYBER BULLYING TIP...Am on it.
It's gonna be HOT!!!
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
tpia@:
Nothing irritates me more than cowardly cyberbullies hiding behind their cowardly monikers.

I say beat them up like the chinese would do, that's why they ( chinese) are respected worldwide.

@tpia
Truly let's name them COWARDS...because they hide behind their "Monikers" or Monitors?

So, the Chinese says "beat them up", then you learn kung-fu...To beat cyber bullies up?

How?
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
greatgod2012: Ignore them!

Just like we do here!

@greatgod2012,
IGNORE BULLYING?!
Wow! Wait ooo...You mean some parent just tell their kid/s to ignore it?
OMG!!!
Parent should read my post well...IGNORING will only kill such kid mentally,emotionally,spiritually then physically.
Thanks!!!
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
kulyie: ignore them ke?bitibawo.the first and last time i know i experienced bullying was in jss1 and my mom is partly to blame for the other students bullying me by telling me to ignore them.by jss2 when i was frustrated with the bullying and was always depressed,that was when i made up my mind that i will not ignore and accept any form of bullying whether na verbal or physical bullying from anybody,whether na seniour or not.operation gbe funmi kin dapada ni grin

why you think say my mouth sharp now.even nairaland bullying i no dey accept am talkless of face to face.i never see that person,nbolotin jabo 8-) it was when i took the bull by the horn that i got delivered from secondary school bullying.ignoring didnt work.

Those days,there was no phone so i couldnt call my parents,the only option is for me to wait for them to come during visiting days in school before i can pour out my heart to them or go to the hall mistress office and beg her to use her office land line and that was a rare priviledge before she can allow you to use her land line of which you will say whatever you want to say in her presence.

Those days,my parents will bring orisirisi provisions for me like sadine,spaghetti,toileteries,carbonated drinks,milo,milk etc,senious will slap me,beat me and collect everything for me.i will cry and cry and beg them,for where.the time dey tried that stunt with me again because they thought they could get away as usual and the only thing i would do was to cry and beg,they said,hey shewa,come here,them don bring provisions for you abi?oy give me that cornbeef now.i said abi eleyi yawere ni,shon di e ni grin they looked at each other,they couldnt believe the transformation,so they wanted to confirm whether i was just making ordinary mouth,so they came to meet me and one of them attempted to slap me,i said walahi ti owo ye ba kan mi,oni fowo ye shey nkan gidi mo,try me.the hand hang ni.

The other girl tried pulling my skirt so she could drag the stuffs from my hand,i just raised alarm 'olllleeeeee', ashewo eyin agbaya oshi'everybodys attention was drawn to the scene including the hostel misstresses around so they came to find out what was going and why i was yelling at them,when i told them they tried bullying me so they could collect my provisions from me,they took all those girls to the vice principals office.the vice principal said they should empty all the dustbins in the hostel and wash all the bathrooms as punishment for bullying for a month.after then.no seniour tried bullying.

If i have a child i can NEVER TELL MY CHILD TO IGNORE THE BULLY BECAUSE IGNORING BULLIES IS INDIRECTLY ENCOURAGING THEM TO CONTINUE.I WONT ALWAYS BE WITH THEM 24 HRS.what if i dont have acess to reach them,they wont solve their issh.i will tell them to face their fears.if you ignore them,you have giving them licence to continue.moreover,there is an addage that says no one has the right to disrespect you without your conscent.ignore nbo?face them,stand up for yourself because if you dont,no one else will.infact,its when you stand up for yourself you will receieve support,if you dont,you will just be living a miserable and depressed life.

Throughout my jss1,i couldnt concentrate in class,i couldnt read because i was so scared of my seniours and what they will do to me.ignoring them gave them the impression i was weak and afraid of them so they continued.but till i finished secondary school,for any seniour to even send me message,na with fear.bullies are everywhere,even among adults but it is you that will say lai lai,mo ko iwosi yi.nibo?

@kulyie,
Thanks so much...for sharing this.
Truly is good to let them face their fears and stand up for themselves when we ain't their BUT I'd say this is gonna have a kind of effect or bring a change into them(behaviors).
For example,let me share my own experience on bullying...
It happened when I was in J.S.S 2, during closing hour I decided to stay in school to read because I hardly have chance to read at home.
With me and other students(mostly girls) studying in class,this tiny and slimy classmate of mine just came as if he was sent to disturb me from what am doing.
You know looking for trouble and trying to make me look stupid in front of the girls...Oh boy!
I dropped my books and stand up for myself ooo...
But atlas,I was bitten hands down with all my figure and strength to the extent that I bleeded.
This tiny and slimy boy as been on BOXING TRAINING in his neighborhood HAVE FORGOTTEN THIS!!!
I for no fight that day but act or deal with him wisely...anyway I never received BULLYING again though it was the first and the last!

But this is what am driving at...I believe this particular boy that bullied me must have been bullied before, so he went for Boxing Trainings.

Get this, his bullying experience,pains,aggression and the power he had received made him to bully me...So he could gain all he has loosed(self esteem).He changed!
And as for me,through my schooling I wasn't the sweet and brilliant boy people knew in school not until SS2.It change me too!

Do you get the change?
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
Kanwulia: Find out the NAMES OF ALL the bullies and have a TALK with their parents!
File a complaint with the COPS(IF YOU LIVE IN A CIVILIZED COUNTRY LIKE MINE THE USA). . . .If you are in NIGERIA. . . go straight to the parents of ALL THE BULLIES and let them know THEIR KIDS LIVES ARE IN DANGER!!!! kiss Just a warning. kiss

Simple!

After all, the rotten apple does not fall too far from the rotten tree abi? grin

My only job is to protect the wellbeing of my kids. . . I WILL START WITH THEIR PARENTS FIRST! kiss

I can protect myself. . . THEY HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T DO SHYTE! We deeeeeeey kampkpeeeeeee. . . dem dey quench on NL 'obituary' sections one by one!!! MU CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

May more continue to perish for their mischief making. . .so they may die before their parents. . . Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! kiss

@kanwulia,
Nice one thanks!!!
But as a parent,I'd say you face your child first...help him or her with his or her feelings,help him or her to take care of himself or herself. So,he or she would be able to handle it when you ain't around.

If not,the list of bullies and their parent names will full ooo...Rest of mind is good!
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2013
@ d easy Once you are able to grow balls and face your fears,that is the last time they become fears.since i got over bullying in jss1,i met another form of bullying in 100 level in the university very similar to yours.

I had this roomate who was very nasty,impossible and rude.when its about time we all sleep,this girl will start playing music,and she wont play it in such a way that only her will hear,she will increase it to the highest volume and i will be like eniole for goodness sakes you have an earpiece,use it please,she said she doesnt like it,and i am like but i want to sleep and i cant sleep in a noisy environment.i need perfect silence to sleep,before i knew whats up,she yelled at me,are you the only one in the room,are there not 6 other people in the room,why is it only you complaining.i am going to play this music and if you know you cant sleep,too bad.i said really?she said yes,i said eniola, 2 of us wont have peace in this room as long as you cannot respect other peoples feeling,i snapped my fingers at her and ent to sleep in my friends room.

The following day she went for lectures and fortunatly the lecturer didnt come for his lectures,he sent his secretary to us to tell us he was ill and so we can go till next class,i was so happy and headed straight to the room

i took hermusic player from her bed,put it inside a big bag and took it to town so that when she reports and they say they want to search room and everybody,they wont find it.

So after i had dropped it in my coursemates house in town,1 and a half hour from school, she came 2 hours later and as she dropped her bag,she noticed her music player wasnt where she keeps it on her bed.

She started shouting please who took my player,whoever that did should respect herself bla bla bla,i continued doing my assignment,i didnt pay attention to her because i was soo prepared for her that day and as my prayer will be answered,she came to meet me in my corner and said shewa i know you are the one that took my music player because i know you never liked me and was jealous because i had a music player,so it is better you return my music player if you dont want me to disgrace you,as she was still talking,i just got up from my bed and slapped her,as she was about attempting to slap me back,i held her hand,beat her silly,used my nails to tear her skin and almost tore her clothes,after then,i let her go,so she went to report me to the hall administrator that shewa assaulted her,they called me to the hall administrators office and asked me why i assaulted her and i told her she accused me of theft because i begged her a day before that she should reduce the volume of her music player or use her earpiece.she plays the music to the loudest and i cant sleep or wake up at night to read,the hall administrator then asked,are you sure you didnt take her stuff,i said yes,she said ok then

she called 3 secureity ladies to search my room,my wardrobe and stuffs,i said excuse me ma,before they go to my room and search my stuffs,if they dont find it,what will happen

ehen,she will apologize to you and go and find it herself,i said lai lai.then the hall administrator said then what do you want? I said i dont want her in that room,she is more of an inconvenience,so the hall administrator paused like 3 minutes and said,shewa,eniola,this is what i will do,i will call more security personnels to search the whole hall and if they dont find it,then i can agree to that,you will sign for change of room,eniola will not only apologize but she will sign too that she has agreed to change her room,deal? I said yes,she said ok.

My room mate put her hand on her waist,was shaking it,in my mind i said omo yi o mo meme.for 5 hours they searched all the rooms up till the fourth floor,they didnt see it

so they came back to the hall administrator that they didnt see it.she said eniola can you see she didnt take your stiff and are you sure you left t in the room before you went for lectures,she said yes,she now said,ok,sign it,she signed and i signed the document,put date and time,hall administrator asked me to apologize to her for assaulting her,i said sorry and left,that was the last time she ever saw her music player

my friend who stays in town asked me shewa come and carry your music player o,it is consuming space in my room,i said abeg throw the thing away joor.she said ha,let me sell it na,i said dont sell it o,before they trace the origin,just throw it into the dustbin away from where you stay.that was how i dealt with her.

Of course she was sure and knew i was the one that took it,but there was nothing to prove that.in my mind i said see this smallie that wants to feel like someone that is sturbborn o.she doesnt know i have seen worse from secondary school.infact,she was not a threat for me,i just said,its a walk over
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Trottle: 7:36am On Dec 27, 2013
kulyie: @ d easy Once you are able to grow balls and face your fears,that is the last time they become fears.since i got over bullying in jss1,i met another form of bullying in 100 level in the university very similar to yours.

I had this roomate who was very nasty,impossible and rude.when its about time we all sleep,this girl will start playing music,and she wont play it in such a way that only her will hear,she will increase it to the highest volume and i will be like eniole for goodness sakes you have an earpiece,use it please,she said she doesnt like it,and i am like but i want to sleep and i cant sleep in a noisy environment.i need perfect silence to sleep,before i knew whats up,she yelled at me,are you the only one in the room,are there not 6 other people in the room,why is it only you complaining.i am going to play this music and if you know you cant sleep,too bad.i said really?she said yes,i said eniola, 2 of us wont have peace in this room as long as you cannot respect other peoples feeling,i snapped my fingers at her and ent to sleep in my friends room.

The following day she went for lectures and fortunatly the lecturer didnt come for his lectures,he sent his secretary to us to tell us he was ill and so we can go till next class,i was so happy and headed straight to the room

i took hermusic player from her bed,put it inside a big bag and took it to town so that when she reports and they say they want to search room and everybody,they wont find it.

So after i had dropped it in my coursemates house in town,1 and a half hour from school, she came 2 hours later and as she dropped her bag,she noticed her music player wasnt where she keeps it on her bed.

She started shouting please who took my player,whoever that did should respect herself bla bla bla,i continued doing my assignment,i didnt pay attention to her because i was soo prepared for her that day and as my prayer will be answered,she came to meet me in my corner and said shewa i know you are the one that took my music player because i know you never liked me and was jealous because i had a music player,so it is better you return my music player if you dont want me to disgrace you,as she was still talking,i just got up from my bed and slapped her,as she was about attempting to slap me back,i held her hand,beat her silly,used my nails to tear her skin and almost tore her clothes,after then,i let her go,so she went to report me to the hall administrator that shewa assaulted her,they called me to the hall administrators office and asked me why i assaulted her and i told her she accused me of theft because i begged her a day before that she should reduce the volume of her music player or use her earpiece.she plays the music to the loudest and i cant sleep or wake up at night to read,the hall administrator then asked,are you sure you didnt take her stuff,i said yes,she said ok then

she called 3 secureity ladies to search my room,my wardrobe and stuffs,i said excuse me ma,before they go to my room and search my stuffs,if they dont find it,what will happen

ehen,she will apologize to you and go and find it herself,i said lai lai.then the hall administrator said then what do you want? I said i dont want her in that room,she is more of an inconvenience,so the hall administrator paused like 3 minutes and said,shewa,eniola,this is what i will do,i will call more security personnels to search the whole hall and if they dont find it,then i can agree to that,you will sign for change of room,eniola will not only apologize but she will sign too that she has agreed to change her room,deal? I said yes,she said ok.

My room mate put her hand on her waist,was shaking it,in my mind i said omo yi o mo meme.for 5 hours they searched all the rooms up till the fourth floor,they didnt see it

so they came back to the hall administrator that they didnt see it.she said eniola can you see she didnt take your stiff and are you sure you left t in the room before you went for lectures,she said yes,she now said,ok,sign it,she signed and i signed the document,put date and time,hall administrator asked me to apologize to her for assaulting her,i said sorry and left,that was the last time she ever saw her music player

my friend who stays in town asked me shewa come and carry your music player o,it is consuming space in my room,i said abeg throw the thing away joor.she said ha,let me sell it na,i said dont sell it o,before they trace the origin,just throw it into the dustbin away from where you stay.that was how i dealt with her.

Of course she was sure and knew i was the one that took it,but there was nothing to prove that.in my mind i said see this smallie that wants to feel like someone that is sturbborn o.she doesnt know i have seen worse from secondary school.infact,she was not a threat for me,i just said,its a walk over
. Kai I just dey gbadun your stories especially your school days. Thumbs up madam no nonsense. cool
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 27, 2013
Trottle: . Kai I just dey gbadun your stories especially your school days. Thumbs up madam no nonsense. cool
8-):*
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by mgbeketoto: 8:09am On Dec 27, 2013
deasy:

@kanwulia,
Nice one thanks!!!
But as a parent,I'd say you face your child first...help him or her with his or her feelings,help him or her to take care of himself or herself. So,he or she would be able to handle it when you ain't around.

If not,the list of bullies and their parent names will full ooo...Rest of mind is good!

My kid is not the one that needs help. BULLIES OPERATE IN GANGS. . .never in a one-on-one fashion.
The ill-brought up ones should be the focus.
I am sure I can NEVER raise a child with low-self esteem to be intimidated by a human with ONE HEAD like his or hers.
I'd rather not distract him or her from what I AM PAYING FOR. . . to stay in school and FOCUS ON HIS OR HER STUDIES. . .without the interference from those ALREADY LOST IN TRANSLATION!

The main job of ANY PARENT is to protect his or her child. . .NOT RELINQUISH such tasks to minor children who are not yet ready for the WICKEDNESS OF THE WORLD. . . . kiss

I really do not care how many they maybe o. . .I WILL SPEND MONEY AND TIME. . .AND RESOURCES TO PROTECT MY CHILD. PUSH COME TO SHOVE. . . I WILL MOVE MY KIDS TO ANOTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT! Simple. kiss

I don't want them to handle adult problems. . . BULLIES SHOULD BE HANDLED BY ADULTS ONLY before your children become ONLINE OR OFFLINE COWARDLY THUGS LIKE THE OTHERS!!!!

NO. . .THEY REPORT TO ME ONLY. . .TO DEAL WITH SUCH THINGS. . . I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE REST. If I am not around. . . I WILL TEACH THEM TO REPORT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!! NEVER TO BE CONFRONTATIONAL. . . . THEY COULD GET THEMSELVES KILLED! kiss

Do you know what those low-lives are smoking for breakfast. . .or how their parents conceived them aka children from BABALAWOS? grin

Tufiakwa to that! kiss
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2013
@ kanwulia whether i stay in a primitive society like Nigeria or a civilized society like America,i will do nada about it.report to police ke?who has time.if she runs home and says mummy one girl in my class did this and this to me,i will say go back to school and face her.she is a human being like you,it is when the person becomes a threat to her life i involve the police and the management of the school.

If their mama face any body,who will she say she resemble. I will tell her,my dear,this world is a tough world o,nothing comes just because you wish,you like or you think you deserve it,you will be the one that will fight for it,you want peace in your life,you dont want anyone to bully you,fight your fears,you dont want to be hungry, beg or borrow,WORK HARD AND INVEST, you dont want to be obese,work out and eat less,you want to live a comfortable life in this turbulent world with crazy people out there who may or may not like you,face them because the truth is that no one is obligated to like you,it is you that will determine your hapiness,your mother cannot give you hapiness,neither can your father. only you can create and estblish that hapiness. You are the ceo of your life,your parents are just instruments in bringing you to this world.i had my fears and i faced them all alone,so you too can.

My supervisor said i will not graduate with a masters degree if i didnt have s3x with him and since i am the owner of my vag 1na,no one can put me under duress to fling it open to him because he wields some temporary power,i dealt with him my own way without any support whatsoever and i came out with a 4.53 cgpa.who told you any body will determine your progress,hapiness or sucess.at any level or stage,there is always a man or woman that stands as a threat to your hapiness,guess what

they are all actors in your sucess stories who will only play a temporary scene in your life.i will make my children strong and independent people,i will not raise them to be dependant on any body,not even me.

When you are at work you come across ladies who are not principled because they were not trained to fight for themselves,at the end of the day they blame anyone.its because of my oga,i wasnt promoted,my oga threatened to sack me if i didnt sleep with him and they start crying and tunning into the arms of someone who will take advantage of their vulnerability.

Parents should raise kids that will gtow up to be emotionally and mentally strong men and women and not weaklings that will easily fall because of mere threats from any human being.all this i will commit suicide because my girlfriend left me will end.

There is no mr or miss nice guy anywhere
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by mgbeketoto: 8:21am On Dec 27, 2013
The reason I stated in a civilized world. . .REPORT TO THE POLICE FIRST.
So that when I trick you into my home for a cup of coffee and kill your azzzze. . . I CAN CLAIM SELF DEFENSE WITHOUT GOING TO JAIL! cool

*just kidding*

On a serious note. . . CHILDREN SHOULD NOT HANDLE BULLIES. . . . I do not want them exposed to 'gang-mentalities' like cheap area-thugs!
BULLIES SHOULD BE HANDLED BY ADULTS ONLY.

Too distracting. . . . I want them to enjoy their lives as CHILDREN. . . .WITHOUT CONFRONTING DEMONS on two legs, where other parents have failed theirs. I NEED THEM TO STAY FOCUSED TILL THEY ARE 18! kiss
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2013
mgbeketoto: The reason I stated in a civilized world. . .REPORT TO THE POLICE FIRST.
So that when I trick you into my home for a cup of coffee and kill your azzzze. . . I CAN CLAIM SELF DEFENSE WITHOUT GOING TO JAIL! cool

*just kidding*

On a serious note. . . CHILDREN SHOULD NOT HANDLE BULLIES. . . . I do not want them exposed to 'gang-mentalities' like cheap area-thugs!
BULLIES SHOULD BE HANDLED BY ADULTS ONLY.

Too distracting. . . . I want them to enjoy their lives as CHILDREN. . . .WITHOUT CONFRONTING DEMONS on two legs, where other parents have failed theirs. I NEED THEM TO STAY FOCUSED TILL THEY ARE 18! kiss
lol,funny aunty cheesy anyway if they are not independent minded before 18,by 18,you will still see them behaving like children,they wont have a mind of their own.abi do you want your 18 or 19 year old son or daughter to come home crying and saying mummy see what john did to me.

There are many adults who behave like kids because their parents did not raise them to GROW UP. They become dependent on mummy to think for them,make decisions for them.i see 19,20 year olds say mummy think na,mummy what should i do,mummy this mummy that,when their mom is not around they become weaklings.

My children wull still be children before 18,out grow their cildish ways before 18 and make decisions on their own whereever they are not calling me on phone crying and reporting

even the bible says parents train up a child the way he should go so that when he grows,he will give you rest,not that at 30 something,a grown ass woman will be calling her mom on phone,crying saying mummy see what jack did to me.

Well,to each his own but from small,they will learn to stand up for themselves,make decisions on their own whether or not am at home,of course i will have taught them basics about how men are,how women are,tricks and so on you should avoid to avoid stories like mark told me to come and take sweet in his room and he descended on me..

1 Like

Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2013
mgbeketoto:

My kid is not the one that needs help. BULLIES OPERATE IN GANGS. . .never in a one-on-one fashion.
I am sure I can NEVER raise a child with low-self esteem to be intimidated by a human with ONE HEAD like his or hers.
I'd rather not distract him or her from what I AM PAYING FOR. . . to stay in school and FOCUS ON HIS OR HER STUDIES. . .without the interference from those ALREADY LOST IN TRANSLATION!

The main job of ANY PARENT is to protect his or her child. . .NOT RELINQUISH such tasks to minor children who are not yet ready for the WICKEDNESS OF THE WORLD. . . . kiss

I really do not care how many they maybe o. . .I WILL SPEND MONEY AND TIME. . .AND RESOURCES TO PROTECT MY CHILD. PUSH COME TO SHOVE. . . I WILL MOVE MY KIDS TO ANOTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT! Simple. kiss

I don't want them to handle adult problems. . . BULLIES SHOULD BE HANDLED BY ADULTS ONLY before your children become ONLINE OR OFFLINE COWARDLY THUGS LIKE THE OTHERS!!!!

NO. . .THEY REPORT TO ME ONLY. . .TO DEAL WITH SUCH THINGS. . . I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE REST. If I am not around. . . I WILL TEACH THEM TO REPORT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!! NEVER TO BE CONFRONTATIONAL. . . . THEY COULD GET THEMSELVES KILLED! kiss

Do you know what those low-lives are smoking for breakfast. . .or how their parents conceived them aka children from BABALAWOS? grin

Tufiakwa to that! kiss
aunty kanwulia funny woman :Dhowever sha,to each their own smiley 8-)
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by mgbeketoto: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2013
kulyie: aunty kanwulia funny woman :Dhowever sha,to each their own smiley 8-)

Exactly! kiss

1 Like

Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Exactly! kiss
gringrin kannwwuuulia grin
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
kulyie: @ d easy Once you are able to grow balls and face your fears,that is the last time they become fears.since i got over bullying in jss1,i met another form of bullying in 100 level in the university very similar to yours.

Wow!
Fight back and facing your fears changed you ooo...anyway it's you now.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Tufiakwa to that! kiss

@mgbeketoto
U made mention of two things I'd like you to explain;
You said some kids ain't ready yet for this wicked world...Do u mean here that some kids strong naturally while some are weaklings naturally?
And that these weak ones should be protect by there parent by all cost...So, if this weak kid is bullied in one school,you prefer taking him/her away to another school?
What if he/she is bullied in that school again,will you still take to another one?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Please Am Confussed About This / What Can I Do Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.