Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial (2302 Views)

Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) / Ohaneze Plans Reburial Of Civil War Victims / Greatest Nigerian War General Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Onitsha, Anambra State - Leaders of
Southeastern Nigeria, reacting to the
criminal acts taking place in Igboland,
suggest to perform official burial rites of
their kinsmen who died during the Nigerian
Civil War.
The war, also known as the Nigerian-Biafran War,raged from July 1967 to January 1970.
According to Igbo beliefs, the wandering spirits of the deceased war victims who were not yet given a befitting burial are now angry. The irate spirits possess young people in the area and make them commit criminal acts.
One of the prominent Igbo leaders, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, disclosed this intent last weekend at Ogirishi Igbo Conflict Resolution Center within the Rojenny Games Village, Oba, Anambra State.
He explained that the spirits of Igbo youths who went to the civil war voluntarily and died while trying to defend the Ndigbo from Nigerian aggression were now angry for not having been buried according to tradition.
Chief Ezeonwuka spoke while receiving the
traditional ruler of Nri Ancient Kingdom and head of Njiko-Umu-Nri, HRM, Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh,who led a delegation of 186 Igbo communities on a visit.

http://m.naij.com/news/55000.html

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Garrithe1st: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
the wandering spirits of the deceased war victims who were not yet given a befitting burial are now angry. The irate spirits possess young people in the area and make them commit criminal acts.

angry angry angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1567642/igbo-leaders-give-nigerian-war/1#20490499
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Garrithe1st: 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
the wandering spirits of the deceased war victims who were not yet given a befitting burial are now angry. The irate spirits possess young people in the area and make them commit criminal acts.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

No wonder there've been lots of demon possessed young people roaming Nairaland.....

Fear nor let me call names yet sha..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

No wonder there've been lots of demon possessed young people on Nairaland.....

Really?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

No wonder there've been lots of demon possessed young people roaming Nairaland.....

Mumu9gerian, noblezone, tomakint, Afa4ever, and others fall into this category.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Garrithe1st: 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
berem: Really?

yes na!!!

According to the article many people have been possessed by the spirit of those who died during the war.

Infact to say the truth I dey suspect you..... Hope you nor dey give us winch drink for that una beer parlor..

sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by papparatzzi2013: 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Magic Bishop is number 1.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

No wonder there've been lots of demon possessed young people roaming Nairaland..... Yorubaland

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
sincerenigerian:

Mumu9gerian, noblezone, tomakint, Afa4ever, and others fall into this category.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

yes na!!!

According to the article many people have been possessed by the spirit of those who died during the war.

Infact to say the truth I dey suspect you..... Hope you nor dey give us winch drink for that una beer parlor..

sad sad sad sad sad
angry angry

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Garrithe1st: 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2013

Viewing this topic: sleeky007(m), jaiykem, Aigipan, NRI PRIEST(m), DerideGull and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Dem don dey appear one by one

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Dem don dey appear one by one

Dem don run comot o! Dem know say na true spirit dey pursue them. But why the spirit no hold dem down for east na? Why the spirit pursue dem to Yorubaland to cause trouble?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Garrithe1st: 10:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
sincerenigerian:

Dem don run comot o! Dem know say na true spirit dey pursue them. But why the spirit no hold dem down for east na? Why the spirit pursue dem to Yorubaland to cause trouble?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Magic Bishop is number 1.

LMAO grin
That guy is possessed by more than one spirit. I believe a lot of malevolent spirits have taken up residence in him.
And Wilywily as well.
I thought omiri Jordan can cure these sort of things.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by oduaboy1: 12:28am On Dec 25, 2013
berem: According to Igbo beliefs, the wandering spirits of the deceased war victims who were not yet given a befitting burial are now angry. The irate spirits possess young people in the area and make them commit criminal acts
No wonder southeast takes the cake as the most crime ridden region of the federation.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by ImperialYoruba: 1:35am On Dec 25, 2013
berem: Onitsha, Anambra State - Leaders of
Southeastern Nigeria, reacting to the
criminal acts taking place in Igboland,
suggest to perform official burial rites of
their kinsmen who died during the Nigerian
Civil War.
The war, also known as the Nigerian-Biafran War,raged from July 1967 to January 1970.
According to Igbo beliefs, the wandering spirits of the deceased war victims who were not yet given a befitting burial are now angry. The irate spirits possess young people in the area and make them commit criminal acts.
One of the prominent Igbo leaders, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, disclosed this intent last weekend at Ogirishi Igbo Conflict Resolution Center within the Rojenny Games Village, Oba, Anambra State.
He explained that the spirits of Igbo youths who went to the civil war voluntarily and died while trying to defend the Ndigbo from Nigerian aggression were now angry for not having been buried according to tradition.
Chief Ezeonwuka spoke while receiving the
traditional ruler of Nri Ancient Kingdom and head of Njiko-Umu-Nri, HRM, Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh,who led a delegation of 186 Igbo communities on a visit.

http://m.naij.com/news/55000.html

Ojukwu, no doubt, was also possessed by a wandering spirit; i cant explain how under their own will and spirit anyone could have led a war armed with carved wooden guns and ordinary machette against a national army. Put this with Ibo atrocities and crimes before the war, add to it the depiction of Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart and a model of Ibo society; one begins to wonder if civilwar alone can explain the criminality of Iboland. You might start with asking forgiveness of your living Osu outcastes as a more pressing need than looking backward to civilwar for sympathies.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by ImperialYoruba: 1:40am On Dec 25, 2013
Aigbofa:

LMAO grin
That guy is possessed by more than one spirit. I believe a lot of malevolent spirits have taken up residence in him.
And Wilywily as well.
I thought omiri Jordan can cure these sort of things.

Post 2015 they going to need more than that omiri Jordan. Their brothers are coming back home and even Mt Sinai will not save these criminals. They know! Why you think their elites are importing bulletproof cars from coscharis?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by ImperialYoruba: 1:46am On Dec 25, 2013
Berem, modify tooic to Biafran war victims
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by madamoringo(f): 2:35am On Dec 25, 2013
This is part of the root course that has cursed ibos to self-destruct till today.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by IboKiller: 2:36am On Dec 25, 2013
madam_oringo: This is part of the root course that has cursed ibos to self-destruct till today.

They've been traumatized since the war ended. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by ImperialYoruba: 2:40am On Dec 25, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

They've been traumatized since the war ended. grin grin grin grin

Shyyyte!! I say they were traumatized before it started. If you want to know what Ibo society is, read Things Fall Apart; in few pages Achebe told the world about his people. Anything else in their lifestyle is a scale modeled in TFA.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by IboKiller: 2:50am On Dec 25, 2013
ImperialYoruba:

Shyyyte!! I say they were traumatized before it started. If you want to know what Ibo society is, read Things Fall Apart; in few pages Achebe told the world about his people. Anything else in their lifestyle is a scale modeled in TFA.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by HAVIJ: 5:22am On Dec 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 25, 2013
Avoiding this thread: igbo smoking people.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Kponkwem(m): 9:28am On Dec 25, 2013
TribalEAST: Avoiding this thread: igbo smoking people.

Why do u like to play the ostrich always? If u think the bloody Mugba Mugba wars, the bloody ritualism, plygamy, polytheism, osun-sango worship, bloody armed robbery, participation in the unjust civil war, intra-inter ethnic political betrayals and assasinations etc in yorubaland etc. are not enough to atone for in yorubaland then leave ndigbo to do theirs.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chr 7:14
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2013
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2013

This is a self-evident truth.....we have many of them on NL.

So..next time any of them misbehave..just direct him or her to go for atonement in the village to exorcise the evil spirit from his or her body.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by free2ryhme: 11:12am On Dec 25, 2013
na wa ooo
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2013
ImperialYoruba: Berem, modify topic to Biafran war victims
No I won't! I posted exactly what I saw on the link. undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by nextexcel: 11:18am On Dec 25, 2013
I always knew this beram and her yoruba folks as a big shee fool,happy xmass to my igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kponkwem:

Why do u like to play the ostrich always? If u think the bloody Mugba Mugba wars, the bloody ritualism, plygamy, polytheism, osun-sango worship, bloody armed robbery, participation in the unjust civil war, intra-inter ethnic political betrayals and assasinations etc in yorubaland etc. are not enough to atone for in yorubaland then leave ndigbo to do theirs.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chr 7:14
Flat head, what do you know about the Mugba Mugba war? Tell us what you also know about osun worship
Re: Igbo Leaders To Give Nigerian War Victims Appropriate Burial by Bozidar: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
KIRIJI: Flat head, what do you know about the Mugba Mugba war? Tell us what you also know about osun worship

Not all comments and topics, that you need wasting your precious time to comment on. Some people are just pathetic and hateful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Bloodyassassin/bloodykilker/Opiaoku. We Must Not Have Another Musiwa. / INEC Officials Caught Moving Sensitive Materials In Osun (photos) / Reverend Mbaka Message: Jonathan Is Fast Losing Sympathy Of Igbo Voters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.