Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't (40694 Views)

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t / My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by packaging(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
Samsung and Apple are the two most profitable smartphone companies in the world. Together, they make practically 100% of all profits in mobile computing.

Right now the two giants each have a flagship device: The iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4. The Galaxy S4 is due for an update pretty soon, but it can still hold its own in many respects. In fact, there are a ton of things it can do that the iPhone 5S, the darling of the high-end smartphone industry, can't do.

It has a built-in infrared blaster that can be used as a universal remote to control your TV. (The IR blaster is that little black dot at the top of the phone.) The phone also has a special app that pulls in data from your cable or satellite provider and can suggest shows you may like to watch.

The Galaxy S4 is one of the only devices that can sync with Samsung's new smart watch, the Galaxy Gear.

It has a near field communication (NFC) chip that lets your phone talk to other devices with NFC. This means you can use your phone to make mobile payments, swap content like photos between phones just by tapping them together, or pair your phone with a stereo with a tap.

You can add extra storage to your Galaxy S4 if you insert a standard Micro SD card. They're pretty cheap too. You can add an extra 32 GB of storage for about $20.

It has a replaceable battery, which is a major benefit for some people. No smartphone has a perfect battery, so it's nice to have the option to replace it if you're running low on power.

It can play full 1080p HD video, something the iPhone and many other top-tier smartphones still can't do.

It has a 5-inch display, which is a full inch larger than the display on the iPhone 5S.

You can play games, share photos, and stream the same song with other Galaxy S4 phones wirelessly using an app called Group Play. The app connects you to other phones over a Wi-Fi connection. The iPhone 5S only lets you swap basic stuff like photos, links, and contact information.

Its camera app has a lot of neat tricks. For example, you can automatically erase a blurry figure from the background or make your own animated GIFs. The iPhone 5S camera just has slow-motion video and some Instagram-like filters.

A feature called Smart Stay keeps your Galaxy S4's display lit while you're looking at it. It can detect your eyes using the front-facing camera. This is a very useful feature because it can prevent your screen from going dark while you're reading something.

It uses a standard micro USB plug to charge and sync with your computer. These plugs are much easier to find than Apple's special Lightning port on the iPhone 5S.

It can run two apps at the same time on the same screen

http://www.businessinsider.com/galaxy-s4-versus-iphone-5s-2013-12?op=1

Will never stop loving my darling Gs4...... like if you own and use one.

72 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Anomnity: 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
12) The front and back cameras can snap photos and videos at the same time.
13) It has airview feature where you point your finger on the idle screen & it pops on an shows you current open apps & you flick your finger to open any of the apps.

7 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by biggmusty(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
packaging: Samsung and Apple are the two most profitable
smartphone companies in the world. Together, they
make practically 100% of all profits in mobile
computing.
Right now the two giants each have a flagship device:
The iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4. The Galaxy S4
is due for an update pretty soon, but it can still hold
its own in many respects. In fact, there are a ton of
things it can do that the iPhone 5S, the darling of the
high-end smartphone industry, can't do.

1. It has a built-in infrared blaster that
can be used as a universal remote to
control your TV. (The IR blaster is that
little black dot at the top of the
phone.) The phone also has a special
app that pulls in data from your cable
or satellite provider and can suggest
shows you may like to watch.

2. The Galaxy S4 is one of the only
devices that can sync with Samsung's
new smart watch, the Galaxy Gear.

3. It has a near field communication
(NFC) chip that lets your phone talk to
other devices with NFC. This means you
can use your phone to make mobile
payments, swap content like photos
between phones just by tapping them
together, or pair your phone with a
stereo with a tap.

4. You can add extra storage to your
Galaxy S4 if you insert a standard
Micro SD card. They're pretty cheap
too. You can add an extra 32 GB of
storage for about $20.

5. It has a replaceable battery, which is a
major benefit for some people. No
smartphone has a perfect battery, so
it's nice to have the option to replace it
if you're running low on power.

6. It can play full 1080p HD video,
something the iPhone and many other
top-tier smartphones still can't do.
It has a 5-inch display, which is a full
inch larger than the display on the
iPhone 5S.

7. You can play games, share photos, and
stream the same song with other
Galaxy S4 phones wirelessly using an
app called Group Play. The app
connects you to other phones over a
Wi-Fi connection. The iPhone 5S only
lets you swap basic stuff like photos,
links, and contact information.

8. Its camera app has a lot of neat
tricks. For example, you can
automatically erase a blurry figure
from the background or make your own
animated GIFs. The iPhone 5S camera
just has slow-motion video and some
Instagram-like filters.

9. A feature called Smart Stay keeps your
Galaxy S4's display lit while you're
looking at it. It can detect your eyes
using the front-facing camera. This is
a very useful feature because it can
prevent your screen from going dark
while you're reading something.

10. It uses a standard micro USB plug to
charge and sync with your computer.
These plugs are much easier to find
than Apple's special Lightning port on
the iPhone 5S.

11. It can run two apps at the same time
on the same screen.

In sammy we trust grin

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by poohnahnee: 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
team s4

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Innoxxacs: 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
packaging: Samsung and Apple are the two most profitable
smartphone companies in the world. Together, they
make practically 100% of all profits in mobile
computing.
Right now the two giants each have a flagship device:
The iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4. The Galaxy S4
is due for an update pretty soon, but it can still hold
its own in many respects. In fact, there are a ton of
things it can do that the iPhone 5S, the darling of the
high-end smartphone industry, can't do.

1. It has a built-in infrared blaster that
can be used as a universal remote to
control your TV. (The IR blaster is that
little black dot at the top of the
phone.) The phone also has a special
app that pulls in data from your cable
or satellite provider and can suggest
shows you may like to watch.

2. The Galaxy S4 is one of the only
devices that can sync with Samsung's
new smart watch, the Galaxy Gear.

3. It has a near field communication
(NFC) chip that lets your phone talk to
other devices with NFC. This means you
can use your phone to make mobile
payments, swap content like photos
between phones just by tapping them
together, or pair your phone with a
stereo with a tap.

4. You can add extra storage to your
Galaxy S4 if you insert a standard
Micro SD card. They're pretty cheap
too. You can add an extra 32 GB of
storage for about $20.

5. It has a replaceable battery, which is a
major benefit for some people. No
smartphone has a perfect battery, so
it's nice to have the option to replace it
if you're running low on power.

6. It can play full 1080p HD video,
something the iPhone and many other
top-tier smartphones still can't do.
It has a 5-inch display, which is a full
inch larger than the display on the
iPhone 5S.

7. You can play games, share photos, and
stream the same song with other
Galaxy S4 phones wirelessly using an
app called Group Play. The app
connects you to other phones over a
Wi-Fi connection. The iPhone 5S only
lets you swap basic stuff like photos,
links, and contact information.

8. Its camera app has a lot of neat
tricks. For example, you can
automatically erase a blurry figure
from the background or make your own
animated GIFs. The iPhone 5S camera
just has slow-motion video and some
Instagram-like filters.

9. A feature called Smart Stay keeps your
Galaxy S4's display lit while you're
looking at it. It can detect your eyes
using the front-facing camera. This is
a very useful feature because it can
prevent your screen from going dark
while you're reading something.

10. It uses a standard micro USB plug to
charge and sync with your computer.
These plugs are much easier to find
than Apple's special Lightning port on
the iPhone 5S.

11. It can run two apps at the same time
on the same screen.

vanity

7 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
poohnahnee: team s4

see as dis medium1 dey form

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
poohnahnee: team s4

see as dis 1 dey form
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Team Nexus 5

3 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
There are also things the iphone 5s can do that Galaxy S4 can't. To each its Own.

7 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Big.game:
There are also things the iphone 5s can do that Galaxy S4 can't. To each its Own.

Like what? Fingerprint scanner? Face unlock says hello. Also fingerprint scanners do more harm than good. If you want to scan your fingerprint so that crookish government officials from the west have your ID then go ahead bro. That said, fingerprint unlock on a smartphone is not a new concept.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by 3pleo: 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
If u r comparin s4 with i5s den u don't know anytin about phone

3 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by wiseonE1: 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
angry my gf is pregnant

6 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by NEROSKY(m): 1:31am On Dec 25, 2013
You forgot to mention the best display in d world... SUPER AMOLED.... I can't afford this wizard for now but I bought galaxy core, love it more than nexus 4 ips display #TeamSamsungGalaxy

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Defaramade(m): 1:55am On Dec 25, 2013
wiseon£:
angry my gf is pregnant
congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 25, 2013
choi !!!see machine!! *hides my tecno l3*...*singing -rich n famos*

5 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by IAMBREEZY: 6:31am On Dec 25, 2013
Well team galaxy s4 i love my s4.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Emekayoung(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2013
Am currently using s3 but hope to get s4 or note 2 in mid january next year..

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by devigblegble: 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
Yawning while reading these tread,

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
I always wonder what type of Juju Apple is using that makes so many people still love and use it. The difference is just too clear... Its like 'Iku' and 'Orun'. I love my Samsung and Android Joo...

[size=14pt]Samsung Galaxy S5 --- http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2013/12/samsung-galaxy-s5-specs-features-price.html[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by dkronicle(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
Alright... I will throw my iphone5c awat 2mao.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
Techno users will soon flood this arena.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by nemesiss: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
tecno--c-rats KEEP OFF DIS THREAD
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by nemesiss: 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
rhema4u: Techno users will soon flood this arena.
FOR where...who dash monkey banana...
this thread is not their level

11 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Jimmyo3(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
Please help me tell them o...
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
whichever way,they are both glorified piece of plastic,since i cant use it to communicate with God directly..good product though.

5 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by LyfeJennings(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
3pleo: If u r comparin s4 with i5s den u don't know anytin about phone

SHARRRRRRAP

6 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by LyfeJennings(m): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
[quote author=Emekayoung]Am currently using s3 but hope to get s4 or note 2 in mid january next year..[/quote

when S5 is coming out
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by eiknarf14(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
I just had my iphone 5s jail broken and can add all these tweeks to my iphone . . . Easily
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
I brought one recently. I love it.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 1:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Emekayoung: Am currently using s3 but hope to get s4 or note 2 in mid january next year..

Bro, Samsung S3 still rocks... Thats what I also use and its very close to S4 just the 2GB RAM, 5", AirView and some slight difference

3 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by ZLUK(f): 1:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ways Iphone 5S is better than Galaxy S4

1. It can be compared to Samsung Galaxy S4 ***diss to tecno users***

2. It is the fastest phone ever tested

3. S4 is too large for some of us

4. With the aluminium build of 5S, I don't have to worry about the cheapness I may feel carrying a plastic like S4

5. Don't even let me get started on TOUCH ID .... That is a killer

6. Despite the more capcity indicated on the S4, iphone 5S still lasts longer

7. Should I even mention the prone-ness of Android OS to attacks?

8. The AMOLED is sharper than the iPhone LCD on resolution specs, but not in reality

14 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
[quote author=LyfeJennings][/quote]

[size=16pt]Samsung Galaxy S5 is coming out next year February or March. No specific date yet but just have it in mind that its 3 months time. Full Specifications, Features, Review and Release date [with Pictures] is available here -> http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2013/12/samsung-galaxy-s5-specs-features-price.html[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread / Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.