Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 (29931 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died / Nigeria Military Xmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by NafeesaAA(f): 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
SIR AHMADU BELLO'S (Sardauna) XMAS MESSAGE TO NORTHERN CHRISTIANS IN
We are people of many different races, tribes and religions, who are knit together by common history, common interests and common ideals. Our diversity may be great but the things that unite us are stronger than the things that divide us. On an occasion like this, I always remind people about our firmly rooted policy on religious tolerance. Families of all creeds and colour can rely on these assurances. We have no intention of favouring one religion at the expense of another. Subject to overriding need to preserve law and order, it is our determination that everyone should have absolute liberty to practise his beliefs. It is befitting on this momentous day, on behalf of my ministers and myself, to send a special word of gratitude to all Christian missions. Let me conclude this with a personal message. I extend my greetings to all our people who are christians on this great feast day. Let us forget the difference in our religion and remember the common brotherhood before God, by dedicating ourselves afresh to the great tasks which lie before us.
Courtesy of Olatoye DS.

41 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Seunn11: 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ftc

Gej + abati + okupe + other attack bingos

Can never be so eloquent.

14 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Akshow: 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Seunn11: Ftc

Can u for once stop dis silly Gej obsession? Its getting over played. Fyi I dislike Gej leadership style but bringing him into every thread is utterly meaningless. That been said, I salute the Sardauna's eloquence and tact. I curse d day this man was brutally murdered cos this were people with great vision for this country. I always remember is reply to Ziks call that "we should forget our differences" in Sardauna's words, "we shouldn't forget our difference but rather understand it". Great mind really great mind.

26 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DRPYGRU: 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
“This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960

41 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Rottenegg1: 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
I'm impressed, never knew an aboki man could be so fluent.....

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
Back in the days. This is lovely. Can we have a repeat of this today?
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Brimmie(m): 12:45am On Dec 25, 2013
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by naijaking1: 1:08am On Dec 25, 2013
Nafeesa AA: SIR AHMADU BELLO'S (Sardauna) XMAS MESSAGE TO NORTHERN CHRISTIANS IN
We are people of many different races, tribes and religions, who are knit together by common history, common interests and common ideals. Our diversity may be great but the things that unite us are stronger than the things that divide us. On an occasion like this, I always remind people about our firmly rooted policy on religious tolerance. Families of all creeds and colour can rely on these assurances. We have no intention of favouring one religion at the expense of another. Subject to overriding need to preserve law and order, it is our determination that everyone should have absolute liberty to practise his beliefs. It is befitting on this momentous day, on behalf of my ministers and myself, to send a special word of gratitude to all Christian missions. Let me conclude this with a personal message. I extend my greetings to all our people who are christians on this great feast day. Let us forget the difference in our religion and remember the common brotherhood before God, by dedicating ourselves afresh to the great tasks which lie before us.
Courtesy of Olatoye DS.

Oh, this was before he lost his mind, and drank the born-to-rule juice

DR PYGRU: “This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960

This was the real Boko Haram Sarduana in action!

39 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by IboKiller: 1:11am On Dec 25, 2013
Nafeesa AA: SIR AHMADU BELLO'S (Sardauna) XMAS MESSAGE TO NORTHERN CHRISTIANS IN
Courtesy of Olatoye DS.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

But Ibos have been telling their offspring that Hausas have always hated them and their religion. Wow!!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by mike404(m): 1:13am On Dec 25, 2013
DR PYGRU: “This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960

5 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by dayokanu(m): 2:08am On Dec 25, 2013
This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

May those who killed him and other leaders on January 15 1966 never know peace in their life till the 6th generation and all those related to them

35 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by IboKiller: 2:33am On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

May those who killed him and other leaders on January 15 1966 never know peace in their life till the 6th generation and all those related to them

Amen! May the lives of the grandchildren of those who killed Sir Ahmadu Bello be wasted in a massacre.

9 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by citizenY(m): 3:07am On Dec 25, 2013
Røtten_egg: I'm impressed, never knew an aboki man could be so fluent.....

That was in 1959. You probably might not have been born.

Insolence ,foolish pride and xeniphobia destroys the spirit.Most of them only went to teachers college. Many of the posts i read here , with howlers, misuse of tenses ,spelling mistakes , poor comprehension and prose make me wonder if the contributors used english to write examinations.

Surely they cannot all be aboki.One on one, me and you, I can bet you, many have read more than you and did not have to sit for WASC or JAMB ,: go for EXPo
or use their sibling' s credentials.

This is a public forum. When you make derogatory statements like these, despite anonymity, it diminishes you and questions your education and senility.

27 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by citizenY(m): 3:15am On Dec 25, 2013

Insolence ,foolish pride and xeniphobia destroys the spirit.Most of them only went to teachers college. Many of the posts i read here , with howlers, misuse of tenses ,spelling mistakes , poor comprehension and prose make me wonder if the contributors used english to write examinations . I also question the capability of the teachers who marked their scripts and gave them grades!

Surely they cannot all be aboki.One on one, me and you, I can bet you, many have read more than you and did not have to sit for WASC or JAMB ,: go for EXPo

This is a public forum. When you make derogatory statements like these, despite anonymity, it diminishes you and questions your education and senility.

You are really worth your pen name, in all ramifications. Your fluency could not enable you to contribute anything to the post.What a waste!

8 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by IboKiller: 3:20am On Dec 25, 2013
citizenY:

Insolence ,foolish pride and xeniphobia destroys the spirit.Most of them only went to teachers college. Many of the posts i read here , with howlers, misuse of tenses ,spelling mistakes , poor comprehension and prose make me wonder if the contributors used english to write examinations.

Mr. know it all, check the bolded words and make corrections. You need to go back to school and learn when and where to use capital letters when you're writing. What about punctuations? You did not put a coma beside "Surely". You should always write "English" with the "E" starting in capital. Try to learn how to space your words when you end a sentence with full stop.

Don't always try to think you know it all because you don't. I don't either.........

21 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by citizenY(m): 3:39am On Dec 25, 2013
Thank you sir.

I am using my handset now. A desktop or laptop could have been more helpful. I have noted your observations. Next time, I hope to do my best.

Meanwhile, forget the messenger, did you get the message?

32 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by ednut1(m): 4:07am On Dec 25, 2013
talk is cheap
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 25, 2013
Then we had Leaders who had the interest of the people at heart,who despise tribalism,and after the unity of our great country.

What do we have now,Dealers,who are after their selfish gain,who didn't care for once if our beloved country goes down the drain.

For once,I always ask myself one Question,where did we get it wrong in this country.
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Project400: 4:56am On Dec 25, 2013
Nice piece !!!

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by DocAdray(f): 5:52am On Dec 25, 2013
Beautiful speech... It just kept me wondering about a lot of things. God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by IAMBREEZY: 5:53am On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: This was the man some never do well went to kill i his house with his wife.

AMEN

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nutase: 6:31am On Dec 25, 2013
I used to have a great deal of respect for this dude until I watched an interview he granted to the BBC in 1960. If the likes of this guy continued in leadership position, this country would have been worse than it is today or probably been split into several entities.
They are the ones who sowed the seed of discord along religious and tribal lines.

If you really take your time to research on this country you will see Gods hand in everything that has happened from 1960 till date in keeping Nigeria as one united entity.

19 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Tsmooth1(m): 7:47am On Dec 25, 2013

What of Sunusi Lamido?
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by simpleseyi: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2013
Seunn11: Ftc

What about Dr Dame imPatience Jonathan Sheppopo jesus-on-earth? Is she not more eloquent?

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2013

Yes, their children's children shall die hilarious deaths.

4 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by wheesin(m): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2013
Yomieluv: Then we had Leaders who had the interest of the people at heart,who despise tribalism,and after the unity of our great country.

What do we have now,Dealers,who are after their selfish gain,who didn't care for once if our beloved country goes down the drain.

For once,I always ask myself one Question,where did we get it wrong in this country.

Nigeria is lost..everyone wants to b in power but nobody wants to serve embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 25, 2013
Sir Ahmadu Bello was a patriotic leader who love his homeland,he preached the need for us to remember and understand our differences for our collective prosperity as people...I use this opportunity to congratulate my christain comrades and patriots, As I urge them not to forget the struggle to liberate the great Nation of ours.....Ibn sultan.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by vedaxcool(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2013
I hope gej and his divisive goons can learn from the above, smart leaders bring people together, foolish retardeens promote division. A word is enough. . .

2 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 25, 2013
Deception. Taking Christians in the North for MUGUS that they were before their eyes opened. Action speaks louder than words.

10 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2013
GUY! Why now? U don dey fall my hand now o, almost all ur comments are blank and it has been going on for the past 4 days! SMH
www.nairaland.com/1567859/tasued-students-should-resume-friday
Brimmie:
Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2013
[size=24pt]PLEASE THE SARDAUNA IS NOT HAUSA!

HE IS FUULBE!

THERE IS DIFFERENCE![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Xmas Message To Northern Christians In 1959 by Temismith(f): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2013
Kii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ministerial List: How Tinubu Dumped "Lagos Template" / Card Reader: We’re Vindicated – PDP / Reno Omokri To Jamiu Abiola: Abacha Jailed Your Father Buhari Was His Accomplice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.