Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Iconic Characters In Films - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Iconic Characters In Films (613 Views)

Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. / Actors Who Hate Their Most Iconic Roles / Sponsorship Investments In Films (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iconic Characters In Films by pickabeau1: 7:07am On Dec 25, 2013
This is my first thread on this section

I'd like to get your list of iconic characters and the film or tv series they acted in

It could be the mainstream or even the cult movies

Characters that moved you with the interpretation of the role either as hero or villain

My list

-The Good (The Good, The Bad and the ugly): very deep guy,a man of few words, strategic (his handling of tucho and the bad angel eyes in the mexican standoff), his skill with the gun and he was not above trickery too

- AngelEyes (The Good, The Bad and the ugly) his piercing eyes and the way he was flawlessly evil n greedy.he was mean with a gun

-The Hobo (Amores Perros) awesome acting showed some emotion around his family yet a cold blooded killer

- mama (Y Tu Mamá También) the woman who took 2 boys on a road rite of passage into man hood

- col quaritch(avatar) his quest for human superiority and dominion over the na'vi was impressive
He was breathless for 15 seconds just to shoot at the deserters!

- the Lady (The Quick n the dead) sharon the mean girl.underneath her gunslinging, she was a woman who loved and the perfect anthithesis to Herod.

- Bane (the dark knight rises) his ability to inspire fear through force

- Joker (the dark knight) one of heath's last performances at a time he was being billed to rocket off. His larger than life persona, violent in all ways, no need for lucre just power and destruction and his sick yet attractive humor makes this role iconic.

- Superman (Superman - chris reeve) the enduring image of superman for all time not these wannabes

- maximus (Gladiator) great in battle yet a family man at heart.

- okonkwo (things fall apart) his greatest role ever, pete was awesome in his interpretation of the valiant but flawed okonkwo who tried to stem the tide of 'white' civilisation

-Tywin Lannister(GOT) - his curt speech and manner of giving others their comeuppance in contrast to his verbose yet astute dwarf prodigy.a master of strategy

-Tyrion Lannister (GOT) - a bacchanalian of the highest order possessing a sharp wit at par with his father.

I will put up more as it goes

Guys your take
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by moststylish(m): 8:30am On Dec 25, 2013
capt jack sparrow(pirate of the caribbean)his way of handling difficult situations is spectacular
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by mufex(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2013
Tony Soprano______the soprano.
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by pickabeau1: 9:32am On Dec 25, 2013
Well done guys....

We can critique the characters also

Jack Sparrow...enigmatic personality spattered with generous helpings of eccentricity
He was imperious in curse of black pearl and dead mans chest but lost it for me in subsequent versions though they are commercially successful.

Tony soprano.. Gives his mistresses diamonds as a parting gift
Ruthless yet likeable
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by Jayboy124: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
Joker has been mentioned.

Michael Corleone (Godfather)

Lt. Col. Slade (Scent of a Woman)

Kate Winslet in The Reader

Guido Contini (Nine)

Mel Gibson in The Patriot

Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan

Back soon smiley
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by pickabeau1: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nice one bro though I've not seen the reader

It will be nice if you give an insight into the character

Patriot was awesome men...even the villain (played by Jason Isaacs) was a commander of the box..

The climactic scene when he was killed...tight!
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by Jayboy124: 11:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
Best you see the movie. Kate Winslet was so cool and naked in the movie, it's hard to explain it or give an insight.
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by pickabeau1: 8:24am On Dec 26, 2013
Jayboy124: Best you see the movie. Kate Winslet was so cool and naked in the movie, it's hard to explain it or give an insight.

LOL... was it like Halle Berry's in Monster's Ball...
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by Jayboy124: 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yea, something like that. I even knew she was gonna win the Oscar cuz she reminded of Halle Berry in that movie. The sex scenes were too 'somehow', loooool.
Re: Iconic Characters In Films by pickabeau1: 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Looking for it!!

(1) (Reply)

Actress Bimbo Akintola: I Love To Be The Centre Of Attraction / Actress Funke Akindele Dancing Shoki / New Series: Las Gidi Cops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.