Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) (23422 Views)

Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Inside Innoson Auto Factory / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi Nigeria – World’s 1st Black Owned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by ketoprofen(m): 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
Siena:

That enemy-of-progress tag is wearing thin.

You need to learn that regardless of how good anything is (including Innoson's progress) not everyone will share your views. Yes, this is a start, but without criticism, there will be little progress. Look back on Skoda, back in the early 1980's, with all the jokes and negative press they received. And now look how big they are today. The same goes for TATA.

Every businessman should be able to take criticism, constructive or otherwise. Revel in the positives, and find ways to turn negatives into positives. So in short, look into why certain areas are criticised, and work on them. I doubt Innoson has an attitude like yours, otherwise he'll be in serious strife.

Innoson should be criticised, so their products improve, period. Any businessman who is surrounded by "yes men" is in trouble.

Criticism is good but in this forum, I only analyses criticisms from igbos( who also criticize themselves wella) .

Yoruba views are more of bad belle than criticism, before u know it, they will link the company to the civil war, don't ask me the connection btw the two, they know how to do it and the plot of the threads will change.
Eg sb said all the materials were imported, in ur own mind, is that a good criticism or bad belle?

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by anienge001: 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
While I salute Innoson's effort and looking forward to order a product from his coy, I have an observation. The video here shows workers with unsafe practices. Most of the workers had no helmet, no safety google even close to welding arc. Please someone close to Innoson or Nnewi should tell them to place a comprehensive safety policy in place and make sure everyone follow it. Otherwise, someday some stubborn staff will get injured and sue the coy to hell.

For those saying that the parts are not manufactured in Naija, there is what is called out-sourcing(if they lack the technology to produce such part). Most things we buy as made in America have most parts manufactured in India or China.

6 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by make9jagr8: 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
BTW who is their sales rep in the SW.
And i want to belief someone will get across to them regarding the safety standard,else,there is an accident in the way.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by ukandi1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
how lovely and fulfilling it is to own a car with all d parts locally made and available...
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by sultaan(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
Its really amazing what hunger does to people, after breakfast maybe we should all really think if the car we currently drive was built by someone in a factory like that if I had seen a video with Henry Ford model T type assembly I would have believe it but that video is not a production floor capable of manufacturing cars
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by duke4ever: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
guys are already rocking his SUVs here in Osha. That Chukwuma is very ambitious. He will go places
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by bigsmoke2(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
i very proud this is happening in my country every great auto company had a humble beginning Honda started from motorcycles look at where they are today but inosson needs to put its self on the world map it should start by conquering the nigerian market and giving the japs and Koreans who are dominating the Nigerian market a run for their money.they need to spread all over the country and not restrict themselves to the east especially lagos and abuja where cooperate establishments are most abundant can patronize them inosson should be all over the bill boards there should be adverts all over the tv demonstrating the strength and reliability of their cars the should try and affiliate themselves with the likes of elizade,coscharis and others they should sponsor televised shows the likes of maltina dance hall project fame,ultimate search etc and donate their cars to the winner. i Googled inoson and they don't even have a website its not even on Wikipedia the companies marketing department is doing a very bad job. i wish them well

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
big_smoke: i very proud this is happening in my country every great auto company had a humble beginning Honda started from motorcycles look at where they are today but inosson needs to put its self on the world map it should start by conquering the nigerian market and giving the japs and Koreans who are dominating the Nigerian market a run for their money.they need to spread all over the country and not restrict themselves to the east especially lagos and abuja where cooperate establishments are most abundant can patronize them inosson should be all over the bill boards there should be adverts all over the tv demonstrating the strength and reliability of their cars the should try and affiliate themselves with the likes of elizade,coscharis and others they should sponsor televised shows the likes of maltina dance hall project fame,ultimate search etc and donate their cars to the winner. i Googled inoson and they don't even have a website its not even on Wikipedia the companies marketing department is doing a very bad job. i wish them well

http://innosonivm.com/en/index.asp

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by chi4ik(m): 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Pictures of the innoson's motors.

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 27, 2013
Awesome!!! I'm impressed.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Chuksgeo: 5:40am On Dec 27, 2013
innoson soon and very soon will enter forbe's list
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 27, 2013
Quality is very critical to the success of this enterprise. How is it guaranteed? Do they produce vehicles and sell just like that? Which government or international bodies are checking to ensure that the processes are safe and standard. Who is confirming the integrity of those welded parts for instance.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by pendusky(m): 6:57am On Dec 27, 2013
hurricaneChris: Fantastic!

Gonna visit that company when I get to owerri tomoro.
IS OWERRI NOW IN NNEWI?
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 27, 2013
pendusky:
IS OWERRI NOW IN NNEWI?
I wonder ooo
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by pendusky(m): 6:59am On Dec 27, 2013
jomonic: Quality is very critical to the success of this enterprise. How is it guaranteed? Do they produce vehicles and sell just like that? Which government or international bodies are checking to ensure that the processes are safe and standard. Who is confirming the integrity of those welded parts for instance.
SON is ther! do you thnk they wld just manufacture withoutt their cnsent?

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 27, 2013
pendusky: SON is ther! do you thnk they wld just manufacturing withoutt their cnsent?

I wonder if SON saw those people working with their bare hands, wearing flowing shirts, no goggles etc. Besides the impact of SON is to the best of my knowledge perfunctory. Are they really interested in the goings on around the industry in Nigeria. Mere consent is not just enough my dear that is even if they care.

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 27, 2013
u guys nred to go to nnewi to ser first hand the leve og manufacturing and engineering work going on in my town
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by onyxo76(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2013
the vehicles look very good even though i'm yet to see any innoson product physically. the only thing i see wrong is that most of the processes recorded in the video were done manually unlike those automated foreign car plants.
We'll surely get there someday but i hope they will produce salon cars not everyone is an SUV fan.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by bxcode(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2013
Whichever way you look at it, its a positive development all round. The company is definitely going places.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by rhymz(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2013
jomonic:

I wonder if SON saw those people working with their bare hands, wearing flowing shirts, no goggles etc. Besides the impact of SON is to the best of my knowledge perfunctory. Are they really interested in the goings on around the industry in Nigeria. Mere consent is not just enough my dear that is even if they care.
Guy if you don't know something don't be talking with intoxicating confidence as if you have it in good authority. Are you saying government will just let them roll out vehicles without setting standards, what has the safety standard of workers got to do with the quality of the vehicles, sometimes you "siddon look critics" address issues with simplifying ignorance and confidence. I have ridden in his luxurious buses before, they are just as good as their counter parts from Europe and Asia. What the man needs is encouragement and constructive criticism that aims yo correct not the fault finding nonsense many of you living off parents love to do.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Fourwinds: 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
kudos to d brain behind dis. I'm proud of u and wish u well
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by dejavume: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
from the video its like innoson motor is prepared for 2014,i hope it wont be too cost.Am really pleased to see such coming from my country.
Those that tryin to tribalise d whole thing are getting it wrong,coz SS/SE cant market for this wonderful product.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
rhymz: Guy if you don't know something don't be talking with intoxicating confidence as if you have it in good authority. Are you saying government will just let them roll out vehicles without setting standards, what has the safety standard of workers got to do with the quality of the vehicles, sometimes you "siddon look critics" address issues with simplifying ignorance and confidence. I have ridden in his luxurious buses before, they are just as good as their counter parts from Europe and Asia. What the man needs is encouragement and constructive criticism that aims yo correct not the fault finding nonsense many of you living off parents love to do.

You talk with greater ignorance to suggest that safety has no link with quality. It only shows your own limitations here and you better shut up. To me it is not right his workers are not equipped with even basic safety wears while at work. This despite the fact that the company was receiving important visitors from the government on this day. It shows how poorly they care for their workers. For you it is not important because all you care for is that they have produced a vehicle and it is on the road and if someone lost an eye in the process it is all OK. Rubbish.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by rhymz(m): 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
jomonic:

You talk with greater ignorance to suggest that safety has no link with quality. It only shows your own limitations here and you better shut up. To me it is not right his workers are not equipped with even basic safety wears while at work. This despite the fact that the company was receiving important visitors from the government on this day. It shows how poorly they care for their workers. For you it is not important because all you care for is that they have produced a vehicle and it is on the road and if someone lost an eye in the process it is all OK. Rubbish.
Guy shut the hell up and explain to me how workers safety affects the quality of production, obviously you know nothing about working in A production firm or factory, you can pretend all you want bit I challenge you to explain to us how not observing 100 percent safety lowers quality of work, if you can't do that then shut the hell up and limit your rant to talking about safety standards alone instead of indicting the whole product.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by seyionab(m): 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
IVM has done a wonderful job for Nigerians . all it needs is for pricing to be competitive , sadly pricing is still almost equal to what foreign vehicles are offering which is difficult to convince Nigerians away from foreign brands.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
rhymz: Guy shut the hell up and explain to me how workers safety affects the quality of production, obviously you know nothing about working in A production firm or factory, you can pretend all you want bit I challenge you to explain to us how not observing 100 percent safety lowers quality of work, if you can't do that then shut the hell up and limit your rant to talking about safety standards alone instead of indicting the whole product.

I have no intentions of going into further arguments with you. As I can perceive that you are among the blackest forms lurking in this forum. From your tone neither reason nor logic will appeal to you. But then I have not indicted the entire product as you hinted. As a matter of fact I am proud that such a one like Innoson is there as a trailblazer. In your own world the safety of workers do not matter in the factory, but in the real world it does. Who knows the kind of factories you have being to or working at that is making you have this limited vision. Employers are under legal obligation to make provisions for the safety of their workers and it is a non conformance where they don't. But I believe Innoson group will improve in this area as they march on to become a world class auto firm. Whether you like it or not it is an area they must improve on. I am sure the man himself will find my idea astute.
Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by rhymz(m): 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
jomonic:

I have no intentions of going into further arguments with you. As I can perceive that you are among the blackest forms lurking in this forum. From your tone neither reason nor logic will appeal to you. But then I have not indicted the entire product as you hinted. As a matter of fact I am proud that such a one like Innoson is there as a trailblazer. In your own world the safety of workers do not matter in the factory, but in the real world it does. Who knows the kind of factories you have being to or working at that is making you have this limited vision. Employers are under legal obligation to make provisions for the safety of their workers and it is a non conformance where they don't. But I believe Innoson group will improve in this area as they march on to become a world class auto firm. Whether you like it or not it is an area they must improve on. I am sure the man himself will find my idea astute.
Guy stop splitting hair, you no exactly my point, in your first statement you had summarily dismissed the man's effort by only emphasizing on how every tom dick and harry needed to certify the products before they are even tested, a statement that revealed that you were not interested in acknowledging the man's trailblazing effort but to condemn and find fault as usual.

I wonder how many times you have queried new comers like KIA Scoda and the likes, abi na because na black person initiative na im you wan come run begin form quality expert.
Of course safety is very important but it does not necessarily have a direct hampering effect of final product, Yes! might sound odd but it is the truth. Next time criticize with perspective and not uncontrolled emotional outburst.

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) by hurricaneChris: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
pendusky:
IS OWERRI NOW IN NNEWI?

So I can't reach Nnewi from Owerri?

One thing is to read, another is to understand.

I don't owe you any explanation, else I would av explained what what I meant further.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#KogiInauguration: Fatal Tipper Accident At Kogi Highway (Graphic Pics) / 21 Causes Of Car Accidents That You Should Avoid / This Is How Bullet-proof Vehicles Are Built. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.