Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again (1912 Views)

Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job / Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by yaxeji: 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan again on Wednesday used the occassion of the Christmas Day service to hit back at the former President Olusegun Obasanjo over his December 2 letter to him insisting that no politician no matter how powerful owns Nigeria.

The venue of the bashing was the Cathedral Church of the Advent, Life Camp, Abuja.

Read more: http://www.frontiersnews.com/index.php/news/7015--jonathan-hits-back-at-obasanjo-again
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
He should have said this before the 2007 elections na...shebi na female attire Alams use escape...him own for hard pass.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr. President, you said the truth and it also applies to you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by CircleOfWilis: 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
slow niga!
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by jonagaga(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
hmm
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by tomakint: 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
Now I love this, Jonathan is going through his own 'baptismal fire' and he is now showing some balls.......but while at it My President, be vigilant! Enemies are watching in 3D cool
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by agbameta: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
Oponuchukwu no get sense sha..... What a dullard..
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Pukkah: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Pukkah: Lack-lustre reply from a fidgety, uninspiring godson to an overbearing, over-rated, 'messiahnic', and meddlesome godfather.

The difference between father and son is like that between the deaf and the dumb.

The father is deaf - he's hard of hearing and takes no advice and blew so many opportunities to make his country great.

The son is dumb - he hears, but takes no action. The other meaning of 'dumbness' also applies here and so may also end up blowing all the opportunities to make his country great.

The country itself is blind - they find it hard to 'see' there's hardly any difference between the two - both father and son are disabled.

The blindness of the country is unrivalled and so may never take advantage of the several opportunities to make itself great.

Another salvo from a lukewarm, incoherent godson to his estranged, intrusive godfather.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Pukkah: 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
Someone should please tell Mr Jonathan to stop talking extempore. He's simply unable to stitch his thoughts together to deliver a coherent, clear, and inspiring speech.

The rambling from an ex-lecturer is exasperating.

See excerpts from the church service:

"For us at this time especially we the politicians that we think we own this country and begin to think about next election and doing what we ought not to do, making statement we ought not to make, writing letters we suppose not to write."

“For those who know about terrorism, country that are infested with terror will hardly get out of it. If you look a country like Pakistan, we even go to Pakistan to train our soldiers, in some parts of Pakistan as we are talking now, they appear to be no government. So this country could have been worst."

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Pukkah: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Other excerpts...

“In terms of Nigeria if we have crisis, the Primate was asking if Ghana or Sierra Leone could accommodate us.

“I was just laughing because even now Nigerians in these countries, the people are not even comfortable, we don’t have crisis but from Cameroon to Senegal, Nigerians are everywhere that the countries if not  for political and diplomatic reasons they would have even asked some of them to leave.

“Then assuming we have crisis, what would be the state, where will you go? Is it the Atlantic Ocean? So I urge you to continue to pray."
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Pukkah: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
I don't know why our President (Mr Goodluck Jonathan, PhD) struggles with speeches and labours to communicate.

What exactly is the problem? The pains with clear delivery is so obvious and embarassing!

“When Christ was born, the Jews were told that God was giving them a King, a saviour, these are the key words."

“Today because we are used to reading the Bible, immediately you hear of the word ‘saviour,’ you will think about Christ and the characteristics of Christ.

“The Jews were being dominated by the Romans, it was like when we were under the colonial master, the Romans were governing them so they were in captive and you tell them that we are getting a king that will deliver you, we are getting a saviour, they were thinking they were getting somebody who will come and lead them to war and throw away all these Romans for them to be free.

“But when Christ was born, I believe a number of the Jews were disappointed, the war they expected was not his own style. I think it is only in one place that Christ was quoted as carrying the cane and flogged people in the synagogue where people were trading and doing all kinds of things that are not expected in the House of God.

“So today, we have similar situation. The expectations of the society are hadly met by leaders.”
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Pukkah: 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
And he DID NOT keep it short!

He seems not to know his failing and the fact that he sweats too profusely with words!

He said, “As we celebrate Christmas, we call you to prayer for peace not just for yourself or the nation but also for the world.

“We should pray for agents of war, bloodletting and hostilities. Let us pray that God will restrain the powers of evil.

“How many Nigerians can Togo, Dahomey, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia absolve as refugees? It is important for Nigerians to ensure peace reigns here because we have nowhere to go. God has given us the best of places, it is in our interest to maintain it.

“I charge you to work for peace. We must be grateful to God by living responsibly, not conducting ourselves as if nothing can happen.

“Do not join anybody to cause trouble or confusion because you may be the recipient and there is no where to go. Some of you don’t even have international passports. But those who are instigating you have bank accounts and houses abroad. They will run there and come back when things have settled down. You may not be alive then.

“Do not join evil doers, it is not part of Christmas. Refugees are not the best set of people. Don’t make yourself a refugee.”
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by ikeyman00(m): 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
@@
[s]
I don't know why our President (Mr Goodluck Jonathan, PhD) struggles with speeches and labours to communicate.

What exactly is the problem? The pains with clear delivery is so obvious and embarassing!

“When Christ was born, the Jews were told that God was giving them a King, a saviour, these are the key words."

“Today because we are used to reading the Bible, immediately you hear of the word ‘saviour,’ you will think about Christ and the characteristics of Christ.

“The Jews were being dominated by the Romans, it was like when we were under the colonial master, the Romans were governing them so they were in captive and you tell them that we are getting a king that will deliver you, we are getting a saviour, they were thinking they were getting somebody who will come and lead them to war and throw away all these Romans for them to be free.

“But when Christ was born, I believe a number of the Jews were disappointed, the war they expected was not his own style. I think it is only in one place that Christ was quoted as carrying the cane and flogged people in the synagogue where people were trading and doing all kinds of things that are not expected in the House of God.

“So today, we have similar situation. The expectations of the society are hadly met by leaders[/s]

maybe he's just not a silly and a careless talker like u!
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Pukkah: 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
^^You've not made any sense! You've not even demonstrated an understanding of what is being discussed.

The only person that has talked carelessly and senselessly here is your poor and miserable self.

What's wrong with your head is worse than the sickness with Jonathan's impromptu speeches.

Your conduct is indeed shameful!

What a country.

I said his handlers should advise him to limit the number or length of his impromptu speeches and you're here saying nonsense! What's bad in my opinion? Show it or keep quiet for ever.

The way President Jonathan carries on with his speeches should be embarassing to his 'real' friends and all independent-minded, patriotic Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Arinze4eva(m): 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
I like the man Jonathan but I'm not blind, I do wander how he got his doctorate or how he lectured in school or what kind of students he lectured or even the language he lectured in
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by papparatzzi2013: 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
No politician is greater than Nigeria, even you, Mandela of Otuoke.

Seems Mr President is feeling the heat.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by skyfall: 12:23am On Dec 26, 2013
Pukkah: Someone should please tell Mr Jonathan to stop talking extempore. He's simply unable to stitch his thoughts together to deliver a coherent, clear, and inspiring speech.

The rambling from an ex-lecturer is exasperating.

See excerpts from the church service:

"For us at this time especially we the politicians that we think we own this country and begin to think about next election and doing what we ought not to do, making statement we ought not to make, writing letters we suppose not to write."

“For those who know about terrorism, country that are infested with terror will hardly get out of it. If you look a country like Pakistan, we even go to Pakistan to train our soldiers, in some parts of Pakistan as we are talking now, they appear to be no government. So this country could have been worst."

Now you understand why we call him a ret-ard.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by Andyblaze: 12:49am On Dec 26, 2013
Wow

Meanwhile
Am in trouble here please help - www.nairaland.com/1568952/female-boss-wants-make-love
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by tomakint: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2013
agbameta: Oponuchukwu no get sense sha..... What a dullard..
The year is gradually going to an end, ain't you tired of this wayward life of yours "Child of Belial" don't you have elders in your lineage? Just asking son, just asking..... undecided
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo Again by agbameta: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
tomakint:
The year is gradually going to an end, ain't you tired of this wayward life of yours "Child of Belial" don't you have elders in your lineage? Just asking son, just asking..... undecided

STFU and get lost abeg..

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard / Bama Not Captured By Boko Haram, Says Borno Deputy Governor / SSS Displays Documents Recovered From APC Office In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.