Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:18 AM

Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors (3647 Views)

Are University Lecturers Now Well Paid Than Medical Doctors / Nigeria University Lecturers' Salaries: How Much? / Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors by realGURU(m): 7:18am On Dec 26, 2013
Pls i want make decision in life of either being medical doctor or a lecturer.
I know doctors earn well but it is time consuming and the course is diffiult . So i decided to change to lecturing instead.
What am asking HOW MUCH ARE LECTURES EARNING NOW ?
your contribution will help in setting my Goal.
Thank you
Re: Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors by Adesam01(m): 8:01am On Dec 26, 2013
These two professions are very lucrative but here are the few differences I can identify which I hope may help your decision.

1. Entry level with a bachelors degree in medicine qualify you to earn good amount of money though am not sure of the exact figure when compared to other graduates.

2. Entry level as a lecturer is with a Masters degree which qualify you to be employed as a Lecturer II with average income about #150k.

3. In both profession, you have good and quality time to your self and your family except if you are into private practice which in the case of medicine, engineering etc can be done from home.

4. As a lecturer, you will spend most of your income on research and publications since Nigeria as a country does not have research grant for her researchers but as a medical practitioner, your money is for you and your family.

5. Finally, I stand to be corrected if need be, as you grow older in these professions, you become more relevant as a lecturer if you become a professor but in medicine you become less relevant as patients will prefer young chaps who have up to date knowledge and skills, However if you have enough money, you can set up a hospital to employ new chaps; without that, you will retire home earlier than you can think.

Thanks for reading.
Tetrade Cares...

3 Likes

Re: Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors by adeoladrg(m): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2013
U can become a doctor and also become a lecturer. That way u'd av added x to y to give...

1 Like

Re: Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors by docsholz(m): 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Adesam01: These two professions are very lucrative but here are the few differences I can identify which I hope may help your decision.

1. Entry level with a bachelors degree in medicine qualify you to earn good amount of money though am not sure of the exact figure when compared to other graduates.

2. Entry level as a lecturer is with a Masters degree which qualify you to be employed as a Lecturer II with average income about #150k.

3. In both profession, you have good and quality time to your self and your family except if you are into private practice which in the case of medicine, engineering etc can be done from home.

4. As a lecturer, you will spend most of your income on research and publications since Nigeria as a country does not have research grant for her researchers but as a medical practitioner, your money is for you and your family.

5. Finally, I stand to be corrected if need be, as you grow older in these professions, you become more relevant as a lecturer if you become a professor but in medicine you become less relevant as patients will prefer young chaps who have up to date knowledge and skills, However if you have enough money, you can set up a hospital to employ new chaps; without that, you will retire home earlier than you can think.

Thanks for reading.
Tetrade Cares...
ur 5th point is a big error
Re: Are University Lecturers Well Paid Than Medical Doctors by Vicjay1(m): 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Adesam01: These two professions are very lucrative but here are the few differences I can identify which I hope may help your decision.

Thanks for reading.
Tetrade Cares...
point 5 is absolutely wrong. Experience matters in medical field.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Are You Bored In The Office? / Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp / Which Should I Go For? 110k FG Pensionable Or 220k Contract Multinational

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.