Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,478 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:11 PM

Please Help A Brother On This Issue - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help A Brother On This Issue (664 Views)

A Nairalander Brother On His Graduation Ceremony [Photo] / Please Help A Brother On His Project Topic....a 300l Student / Aw Best Can U Help On This Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Brother On This Issue by jude2011: 8:26am On Dec 26, 2013
I have always dreamed of becoming an accountant. This year,after many attempt,I was admitted to study accountancy at the lagos state polytechnic. The problem is that i don't like to be a poly graduate due to the discrimination they face from their university counterparts. I have spent a lot of money already paying school fees,acceptance and other fees but my dream is to study at UNN Nsukka. Pls advice me, should buy another jamb and apply to UNN while still studying in laspotech or should i just complete my nd first and upgade to a b.sc later. Pls i need your advice since most of you had gone through this path before. Thanks]
Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by benny4wax(m): 9:13am On Dec 26, 2013
guy do u really wanna be an accountant? then bend down and read........
Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by jude2011: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
thankss benny. Pls i need more people to respond
Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by Miscellaneous(m): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
You were admitted to study your dream course accountancy and you are asking for what we think ? Hmmm. . . .there are different thoughts on this. So because its laspotech, a poly and it looks somewhat belittling ? In my own opinion, it depends on your age; i dont advice somebody of 26yrs holding himself back because of unn vs laspotech and besides you already spent alot! Ignore this admission and you may not get any again . . .we are in country where we think we cant make it without school. . .too sad. Personally, i think you should finish laspotech before going for Bsc. . . it sounds stupid writing jamb when you are not through with your nd(sorry to say). Again, note that the issue of substandard institution is a general problem. It gives everyone a course to worry. . .dont compare poly and uni. It wont help . . .thanks.
Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by jude2011: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
thanks miscellaneus i am in my early twenties
Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by Miscellaneous(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
jude2011: thanks miscellaneus i am in my early twenties

okay. The best thing you should do now is to focus on your ND and when you are through with that, up your cert. to Bsc. Remember i said dont write jamb while you aint through with your ND because it sounds silly.

My opinion tho. . . You can always hear from others but I hope its from the right guys.
Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by ashhascash: 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ow abt taking Jamb ONLY in ur Nd1. Cos if u wait to finish ur Ond nd plan for DE. U wuld begin at 200lvl in d Uni nd psychological buying d jamb form wuld ease d tension of being a poly studnt nd u wuld be havin dat feelng dat by nx yr u wuld be a uni studnt.
DE is too competitive.
My OPINION tho, its urs dat matters.
Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by jude2011: 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
thanks to everybody that responded. I just feel somehow,i am not even through with my nd and i am feeling the discrimination already. When i am asked if i am a student, i say yes and the next thing is which school? When they hear it is a poly, they just see me as just a secondary school student. It is affecting me psychologically as whenever i'm in class, i feel that i am wasting my time, i don't take the lectures seriously and i just can't concentrate as my heart jisn't there. Most people think that poly students are university rejects. Worst of all,the lecturers keep telling us to buy their own textbooks cumulatively running into thousands of naira and they insist we buy it from them. I just feel it is not worth it

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Brother On This Issue by jude2011: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2014
haahaha so this thread still exist. I miraculously gained admission to unn .banking and finance dept in january. Thanks all that said something

(1) (Reply)

Polio; The Bitter Truth / Do Doctors Really Make It To Greatness? / Phrases..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.