Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,257 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 (34315 Views)

RCCG To Commission 12milion Capacity Auditorium. At The 63 Annual Convention / RCCG To Build New Camp Auditorium Along Lagos-Ibadan Express way / Why Do Criminals Always Run To Rccg To Seek God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 7:29am On Jan 03, 2014
faakay:

point

who said it's easy? nothing is easy in this life

Is there any pastor in the US or UK that flies private jets?

I'm not Jehovah Witness but I still like them, tithe is not been collected just offerings and its optional.

You can only donate willing if you wish.

Millions of magazines are been published - Educative, Informative and I get these magazines free! Even videos online, audios are free

but why do some churches sell them? they sell to make profit on it again? that's business

so many things are wrong!

why open a university and let people pay so much bills shocked can average citizens pay ? these is also another means of generating funds - business.

Why not open a university and let the people pay low since people would always donate to pay the staff salaries undecided

they only enrich their pockets and expanding to make more money period! lipsrsealed

also during some time they shared 1 million naira each to all the Redeemed Pastors! Yes! Imagine! shocked

so much more jareeeee

Also why do they want people to fast for 100 days when Jesus only fasted for 40 days

Who are they trying to save? Nigeria? or the poor?

I bet some pastors will eat during this period and claim they fasted cos I have witnessed such! undecided

they should stop preaching bulllshhiiitts to us! preach sometime that would make sense and help empower the people and contribute their quota in the development of their success! not telling dem to start praying all they night long without telling them what to do to be successful insteading of preaching if you dont pay tithe you rob GOD!!! What The Fuccck!! that if u dont pay u wont be successful!!! is that a curse? crap!

Enough of all these mumbo jumbos!

Read the bible yourself - understand it and know what it's saying and also use your common sense! don't let someone to start manipulating u with different quotes from it to achieve their goals to convince you.

Read your bible again you will discover that Jesus fasted for 40days and 40nights not just 40days. See Matthew 4:1-2. The fast declared by the church is for 100days which is deemed to be equivalent to 30days and 30nights.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Mina98(f): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
Can someone doing the 100days fasting take water during the fast before breaking at 6pm?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by nora544: 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mina98: Can someone doing the 100days fasting take water during the fast before breaking at 6pm?

When I can drink the hole day and eat after 6pm I can make this for a hole year it is very very easy.

It is much harder to eat nothing for more than 24 hours but also this is easy after some time eat a day and fast the other day, this is a programm where you can lose weight and you will feel good.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mina98: Can someone doing the 100days fasting take water during the fast before breaking at 6pm?

Yes. But don't put garri inside the water o! smiley

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by zyzxx(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
dorox:
You appear to need the prayer more than I do.
thank God u accept dat u need prayer,, and delivernace is nt bad too,, if nt u won't insult any man of God
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by zyzxx(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
nora544:

That is so badl.

You have to see a doctor before you make such a fasting because it could be very dangerous for your body.

Fasting without eating for such a long time is not okay for the body an the health.

I want to see Adeboye after this 100 days if he lose very much weight because if he didnot lose weight that his fasting was a scam.

No one can work and fast 40 days only with drinking water, sorry
i will show u many people even am a life testimomy
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by zyzxx(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
dorsylove: I knw of so many nigerians who knws their destinies are already ruined and condemned,and are also desperately in search of other frnds whose destiny dey'd ruin too,everyman,shall b judged according to his deeds. If indeed daddy Adeboye is a bad/selfish preacher,leave him to God,it shldnt b ur problem. My dear believers in christ,don't let these spiritually blind men discourage u,fast and pray enestly and dis year wld b a testimony for u. For christains like me who wants to do d 30days and 30nights,its wid liquid pls,take liquid when ur dehydrated. I'm sure,so sure we aint gonna regret dis exercise,love u wid d love of christ
i wish i av d strenght for 30days and night
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by zyzxx(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
don't mind dem oo taking ordinary water or cold water won't be fun as u think,, just take small warm water if neccesary
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by obainojazz(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by cool11: 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
ebamma: .This makes me remember
a scene in one indian movie titled oh
my God. In which an
hindu priest organises a
10days fasting, and after
every 1 hour he visits the
toilet cos his assistant has
already kept food there
for him to eat, and after
eating he goes back to
join his congregation in
fasting i hope say no be
waiting Adeboye dey plan
to do be dis oh?

Proverbs 10:19
New King James Version (NKJV)

19 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,
But he who restrains his lips is wise.

----
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by cool11: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Proverbs 10:19
New King James Version (NKJV)

19 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,
But he who restrains his lips is wise.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by obainojazz(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by genesisconsult: 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
God will release strength
and grace to every believer to partake in the fasting.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Obinovictor(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
bongosman: HE IS TALKING THE TRUTH.

What truth if i may ask?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by genesisconsult: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
For your marriage couselling. Contact genesisconsult at rccg chapel of grace petedo opposite opic estate gate abgara.or call 08028329804.we are into church growth,21st century evangelism,total pastor talks,youth seminar and financial intelligence seminar.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by bolulicious(m): 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
dorox:
How did it benefit the country when it was done in 1993.
lol yea how did it help
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by tribeofdavid(m): 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Mina98(f): 8:32am On Jan 04, 2014
Thanks for your response. God bless you
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Tinapa97(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2014
Pray for God's unstanding. If d hand of God is upon u,u will never lack even if there's poverty in d land. May God bless u and grant u divine understanding.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by phummed7: 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
People don't understand what it is to be the body of Christ- the wife of Christ... Which are the called out ones-- with power and authority-- the bride ought to need nothing except to rely on his groom to pwrform the task given him by Her husband before he went up to sit in Yahweh's throne and she herself is in him seated together with him far above principalities and power!- she is the branches which must completely rely on the finished work of Jesus on the cross; no effort of any kind by any religious means must be added in any way, to achieve anything--- for that distorts yahshua nothing; I repeat nothing must be added to the finished work of Jesus. we are to thank and worship him for the rest of our lives till we see him face to face-- for what yahshua has done for mankind no one in heaven or on earth can do except He himself-- relying on Jesus's finished work is the true christian faith not any religious act.The devil is a liar over the Church!
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by phummed7: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
some people are asking why Jesus said this one goeth except for fasting and prayer. JESUS lived under the law himself he has not done the big work of salvation i.e his blood has not been shed . Now his finished work,if we put faith in it can achieve anything because he is superior there are several scriptures that confirmes that we are under the grace accomplished by Jesus if we put faith in him.and receive his own righteoutness not by some good or religious works. He is currently seated watching over his church -(his true own anyway) to make sure they are ok.( branch relying on the vine)There is he that lives inside me, The I AM. I dont forget him anytime I Move from glory to glory till I start shinning like the bightness of the sun soon in eternity. Satan is defeated by Jesus and he gave me the authority to condemn him in my life. By speaking the word. Jesus did not ask people to do 100days fasting when he is gone to heaven!! when infact we ought to be happy and get ready for his return for he did it all but we put faith in the finished work by studing the word and mature. The vail between the priest and the people has been torn. the law has been made obsolate but thank God for the law it was useful then; now, everybody can be born again and receive the holy spirit to help study the word if they want. let no man of God start doing like an old testament priest ;--pastors should Teach the word and stir us to study the word I dont care how respected they might be if they are not doing what the bible says..I hold my Bible seriously. satan is afraid of any believer that knows what the word says.he is not afrair of people that has religious affiliations. Anyone that is not able to do this fast will think he is disobeying his G O ... Hence d condemnation and guilt which is satan in-road to perform him work. that exacly my point -- nothing personal just to clarify The Bible. The power of the True gospel will soon hit everywhere on the surface of the earth!! As the sea covereth the land!!
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by phummed7: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Just saying
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by phummed7: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Just saying
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
phummed7: some people are asking why Jesus said this one goeth except for fasting and prayer. JESUS lived under the law himself he has not done the big work of salvation i.e his blood has not been shed . Now his finished work,if we put faith in it can achieve anything because he is superior there are several scriptures that confirmes that we are under the grace accomplished by Jesus if we put faith in him.and receive his own righteoutness not by some good or religious works. He is currently seated watching over his church -(his true own anyway) to make sure they are ok.( branch relying on the vine)There is he that lives inside me, The I AM. I dont forget him anytime I Move from glory to glory till I start shinning like the bightness of the sun soon in eternity. Satan is defeated by Jesus and he gave me the authority to condemn him in my life. By speaking the word. Jesus did not ask people to do 100days fasting when he is gone to heaven!! when infact we ought to be happy and get ready for his return for he did it all but we put faith in the finished work by studing the word and mature. The vail between the priest and the people has been torn. the law has been made obsolate but thank God for the law it was useful then; now, everybody can be born again and receive the holy spirit to help study the word if they want. let no man of God start doing like an old testament priest ;--pastors should Teach the word and stir us to study the word I dont care how respected they might be if they are not doing what the bible says..I hold my Bible seriously. satan is afraid of any believer that knows what the word says.he is not afrair of people that has religious affiliations. Anyone that is not able to do this fast will think he is disobeying his G O ... Hence d condemnation and guilt which is satan in-road to perform him work. that exacly my point -- nothing personal just to clarify The Bible. The power of the True gospel will soon hit everywhere on the surface of the earth!! As the sea covereth the land!!
God bless you sir; every organisation has its own believe and follows. If you don't believe in what they are doing, why not close you mouth sir, rather than sinning more.If you have faith, join in what they are doing and if not keep silent,God bless you sir.I would love if you read, 2Chronicles20:1-26.Happy new year..........
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Mina98(f): 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please I have this important question that has been bothering me. After breaking the fast at 6pm,what time can we stop eating and continue the next fast?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mina98: Please I have this important question that has been bothering me. After breaking the fast at 6pm,what time can we stop eating and continue the next fast?
From my understanding before 12am the following day.......God will answer our prayers...........
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Mina98(f): 1:30am On Jan 06, 2014
Omooba77:
From my understanding before 12am the following day.......God will answer our prayers...........
Amen thanks
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by phummed7: 7:12am On Jan 06, 2014
Omooba77:
God bless you sir; every organisation has its own believe and follows. If you don't believe in what they are doing, why not close you mouth sir, rather than sinning more.If you have faith, join in what they are doing and if not keep silent,God bless you sir.I would love if you read, 2Chronicles20:1-26.Happy new year..........
@omooba77,I hope someday you will appreciate the meaning of what is called A FORUM and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ which Paul and other apostles died for is the ONLY true believe by which man must be saved. And that you will want to find out what you should or should not be doing as the member of the body of Christ. HOpe you appreciate that a lot of Christians are now studying the Bible for themselves to know what and what is pleasing to Yahshua. It is rude to ask people to shuush or close their mouth in a Forum, especially if that is their take on it. How about you talking alone and let everyone close their mouth, without other people's opinion then? that is no Forum. Happy with that?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2014
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 9:20am On Jan 06, 2014
phummed7: @omooba77,I hope someday you will appreciate the meaning of what is called A FORUM and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ which Paul and other apostles died for is the ONLY true believe by which man must be saved. And that you will want to find out what you should or should not be doing as the member of the body of Christ. HOpe you appreciate that a lot of Christians are now studying the Bible for themselves to know what and what is pleasing to Yahshua. It is rude to ask people to shuush or close their mouth in a Forum, especially if that is their take on it. How about you talking alone and let everyone close their mouth, without other people's opinion then? that is no Forum. Happy with that?

So sorry if I got you offended Sir; but truth must be told.........2Corinthians 11:27, Acts 13; when people start saying it is not biblical to fast, when Jesus himself said when the bride groom is taken away; the disciples will fast. It is a forum, but people should learn not to confuse those who are weak with false messages. Jesus said in Matthew 17:21; many things will not happen except by praying and fasting. Please take no offence sir, just saying my mind............
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 8:14am On Jan 08, 2014
Lara Wise :Dear Fasting Christian,
How is it going?
Uhn?
The Lord strengthen you and accept your fast, amen.
But let me quickly share something with you, may I?

Matthew 4:1-3
This is the account of Jesus' first temptation as recorded in The Bible.
Note that Jesus never attracted the attention of satan prior to this period.
Satan was doing his thing, Jesus was doing His,
UNTIL Jesus decided to fast and pray, then satan caught a whiff...
Satan tempted Jesus at fasting and prayer time.
It is important to note, dear friends, that temptation is greatest at fasting and prayer time.
There is no time You command the Attention of hell as much as the time when you humble yourself before God in prayer and fasting.
That is the time the flesh is subdued and the spirit man is energized.
The devil will attack you with every might he has and with the weight of everything in the world as explained in 1John 2:16 "...the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life..."
These were the three broad areas of temptation for Jesus.
And this is not just for the period of the mass fast as called for by our various churches, this is even our personal and individual fasts.
The good news is His grace, exceeding Grace I available for us.
He overcame, so shall we.
He did not cave in, we shall not as well.
Be watchful
Be vigilant
Be sensitive.
God bless.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2014
Lara Wise: It has begun.
The season of fasts.
Usually embarked upon by churches at the beginning of the year.
I am told the Redeemed Christian Church begins a 100-day fast today.
Other churches begin next week.
Brilliant!

It is important, dear Christians that we be well guided.
That we do not jump on the band wagon.
That we understand God's instruction and template for a true and acceptable fast.
It is possible to embark on a long fast and not get results if we do not follow His manual as laid down in Isaiah 58:3-14.
Basically, that scripture says when you fast, and you want to see results,
# loose the bonds of wickedness
# undo heavy burdens
# let the oppress ego free
# share your bread with the hungry
# bring the poor who are cast out to your house
# cover the naked

Anything short of these will be mere hunger strike or an attempt to show off or to loose some weight.
Don't hoard food till its 6pm when you are expected to break your fast.
As we fast, Let the 'Chrustmas love and sharing' continue.
Give out.
Help.
Show love.
Surprise the destitutes.

The results?
The result begins from verse 8....
(Read it up)

May our fast not be a mere hunger strike.
May this year's mass fast be acceptable to God and may it produce the desired results in our lives and nations.
Amen.

Happy fasting!!!
(If there's any such salutation, lol. )

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories / Rivers Pastor Buys Car For A Muslim Who Converted To Christian & Won Church Quiz / Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.