Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 (34352 Views)

RCCG To Commission 12milion Capacity Auditorium. At The 63 Annual Convention / RCCG To Build New Camp Auditorium Along Lagos-Ibadan Express way / Why Do Criminals Always Run To Rccg To Seek God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Rexyl(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
Omooba77: Lara Wise :Dear Fasting Christian,
How is it going?
Uhn?
The Lord strengthen you and accept your fast, amen.
But let me quickly share something with you, may I?

Matthew 4:1-3
This is the account of Jesus' first temptation as recorded in The Bible.
Note that Jesus never attracted the attention of satan prior to this period.
Satan was doing his thing, Jesus was doing His,
UNTIL Jesus decided to fast and pray, then satan caught a whiff...
Satan tempted Jesus at fasting and prayer time.
It is important to note, dear friends, that temptation is greatest at fasting and prayer time.
There is no time You command the Attention of hell as much as the time when you humble yourself before God in prayer and fasting.
That is the time the flesh is subdued and the spirit man is energized.
The devil will attack you with every might he has and with the weight of everything in the world as explained in 1John 2:16 "...the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life..."
These were the three broad areas of temptation for Jesus.
And this is not just for the period of the mass fast as called for by our various churches, this is even our personal and individual fasts.
The good news is His grace, exceeding Grace I available for us.
He overcame, so shall we.
He did not cave in, we shall not as well.
Be watchful
Be vigilant
Be sensitive.
God bless.

Omooba77: Lara Wise: It has begun.
The season of fasts.
Usually embarked upon by churches at the beginning of the year.
I am told the Redeemed Christian Church begins a 100-day fast today.
Other churches begin next week.
Brilliant!
It is important, dear Christians that we be well guided.
That we do not jump on the band wagon.
That we understand God's instruction and template for a true and acceptable fast.
It is possible to embark on a long fast and not get results if we do not follow His manual as laid down in Isaiah 58:3-14.
Basically, that scripture says when you fast, and you want to see results,
# loose the bonds of wickedness
# undo heavy burdens
# let the oppress ego free
# share your bread with the hungry
# bring the poor who are cast out to your house
# cover the naked
Anything short of these will be mere hunger strike or an attempt to show off or to loose some weight.
Don't hoard food till its 6pm when you are expected to break your fast.
As we fast, Let the 'Chrustmas love and sharing' continue.
Give out.
Help.
Show love.
Surprise the destitutes.
The results?
The result begins from verse 8....
(Read it up)
May our fast not be a mere hunger strike.
May this year's mass fast be acceptable to God and may it produce the desired results in our lives and nations.
Amen.
Happy fasting!!!
(If there's any such salutation, lol. )

Many Churches and Christians are currently united in spirit for prayer and fasting, definetly in the end there will be a powerful shaking and something will move supernaturally.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
RCCG, Choices For Completing 100-Day Fast For RCCG Members Worldwide Beginning 2nd January 2014.
(1) Fast For 100 Days & Break Daily At 6pm;

(2) Take Only Liquid While Fasting For 30 Days (This Is Equivalent To The Complete 100-Day Fast);

(3) Take Only Liquid While Fasting For 21 Days (This Is Equivalent To 63 Days Of The 100-Day Fast);

(4) Take Only Liquid While Fasting For 14 Days (This Is Equivalent To One [1] Month Of The 100-Day Fast); And

(5) Take Only Liquid While Fasting For 7 Days (This Is Equivalent To 14 Days Of The 100-Day Fast).

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by semoly(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
Must I break 6pm daily can't I break by 3pm.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
semoly: Must I break 6pm daily can't I break by 3pm.
God will strengthen you for the remaining few hours, but if you job is demanding you can take ordinary water, before you break at 6pm...............God will answer our prayers..........
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by semoly(m): 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
Omooba77:
God will strengthen you for the remaining few hours, but if you job is demanding you can take ordinary water, before you break at 6pm...............God will answer our prayers..........
AMEN tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Rivers Pastor Buys Car For A Muslim Who Converted To Christian & Won Church Quiz / TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.