Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria (4871 Views)

Ekweremadu’s A Good Example For Nigerian Politicians —saraki / AU Accuses Buhari Of Setting A Bad Example For Africa’s Ruling Class / The Same People Who Claim Buhari Is Sick Are Now The Ones Being Hospitalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
I have seen many posts in the last 2 years from people who are excited by the idea of dividing Nigeria across ethnic/religious lines hailing the independence of South Sudan from Sudan as an example of exactly what they want.

I have consistently written that breaking up Nigeria would lead to war among/within the successor states with dire consequences for the people and Africa in general.

To the advocates of secession, what are your thoughts on your "favourite" example for Nigeria now?

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by donphilopus: 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
Tribalists about to invade this thread!
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
MTSCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW angry
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by SamIkenna: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
But the Jihadists in the core north have been killing all of us since 1945 so what is the difference. I guess by your standard it would have been better if the fake Arabs of north Sudan and their supporter of APC were the ones killing the christian south Sudan. What a joke!

10 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
SUPER MOD MACLATUNJI IS A BIG JOKE.....NAIJA IS GONNA DIVIDE AND NOFIN I MEAN NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.... MBE AMA EFE

4 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by egift(m): 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
AKUNWATA1: SUPER MOD MACLATUNJI IS A BIG JOKE.....NAIJA IS GONNA DIVIDE AND NOFIN I MEAN NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.... MBE AMA EFE

Keep beating your rusty chest. If you want to die, better hang yourself somewhere. The rest of us are building a united Nigeria with mutual interest.

10 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by SamIkenna: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
egift:

Keep beating your rusty chest. If you want to die, better hang yourself somewhere. The rest of us are building a united Nigeria with mutual interest.

Hmmm! What mutual interest if I may ask.

7 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
maclatunji: I have seen many posts in the last 2 years from people who are excited by the idea of dividing Nigeria across ethnic/religious lines hailing the independence of South Sudan from Sudan as an example of exactly what they want.

I have consistently written that breaking up Nigeria would lead to war among/within the successor states with dire consequences for the people and Africa in general.

To the advocates of secession, what are your thoughts on your "favourite" example for Nigeria now?

You're assessment is right on. Separation will surely lead to warring between the two. This, in turn, weakens both. This weakness will snowball on both sides, leading to economic and infrastructural damage that is detrimental. Many parts of Nigeria can not afford such devastation. Is it wise to step backward instead of moving forward? Not to mention, Nigeria has become a blended society. Are you willing to take up arms again your friends and family, for something that in the end weakens your standing in Africa. Also, what happens to those blended families? Do they separate to go to their respective country, or do they stay together and endure the discrimination that will ensue, no matter which side they choose. Is separation a benefit, if it is looked at with an eye to the future? Where will these two new countries stand in Africa in general. Is separation worth your standing as a 'Super Power' in Africa. Two separate countries would be left weak and vulnerable. Is this wise?

I can site more reasons why this move would be detrimental, but I'd like to hear some reasons why separation would benefit both sides first.

7 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
maclatunji: I have seen many posts in the last 2 years from people who are excited by the idea of dividing Nigeria across ethnic/religious lines hailing the independence of South Sudan from Sudan as an example of exactly what they want.

I have serious disdain for characters that seem to forget historic facts so soon. There is nothing that will make me happier than see Nigeria disintegrated. I always tend to err on the side of history and this time around it points to the social decorum obtained in the era of regionalism. There were four regions in Nigeria, thus, Northern, Western, Mid-western and Eastern regions. Both eastern and mid-western region never experienced school riots talk less of political riots. But this scenario was not obtained either in western region or northern region where social and political unrest were main stay.

Those people who suddenly become soothsayers that predict hell on earth if Nigeria disintegrates are moronic never-do-well jerks with diabolical ulterior motives. They have silly assumption that the state of today's dilapidated Nigeria favors their stinking tribal enclave without seeing the bigger picture of massive developments without any form of inhibition.

I have no doubts that sanity will flourish in both defunct eastern and mid-western regions if Nigeria is faced with disintegration.

15 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by iamdhebuck(m): 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
only poor wretched people want to see nigeria divided some of them are hoping their pitiable condition would improve sadly it won't because if Odua,Arewa or Biafra emerges..this three countries would be like every other african country like zambia,kenya,ghana.nothing special.
funny enough the only people who can divide Nigeria I.e the elites are gaining a lot from Nigeria,so for the forseable future Nigeria would remain one.
why I think my points are valid- look at all the seccesionist groups(the Biafra bla bla,Odua movement) none of them has a relevant eminent Nigerian in their ranks

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
@DerideGull The premise of this thread is simple:

1. Some people presented South Sudan as the perfect example for Nigeria after it got independence

2. Now that South Sudan is going up in flames, are they still presenting it as the perfect example for Nigeria?
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by iamdhebuck(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
maclatunji: ^The premise of this thread is simple:

1. Some people presented South Sudan as the perfect example for Nigeria after it got independence

2. Now that South Sudan is going up in flames, are they still presenting it as the perfect example for Nigeria?
I understand,my post was actually directed at those people who scream 'divide Nigeria' at every chance they get
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
iamdhebuck:
I understand,my post was actually directed at those people who scream 'divide Nigeria' at every chance they get

Of course, I know, that post was meant for Deridegull and those thinking like him.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
egift:

Keep beating your rusty chest. If you want to die, better hang yourself somewhere. we yorubas and our slave masters are building a united Nigeria with mutual interest.
GOODLUCK TO YOU

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

Hmmm! What mutual interest if I may ask.

oyel
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2013

Leave us Biafrans to kill ourselves. It's better to kill ourselves than a stranger to kill us.

12 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Xfactoria: 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2013

How come you didn't see examples of countries who divided successfully? There are examples of Uzbekistan, Kargaztan, Chechenya, (all the xxxx...tans from the former soviet union), the eastern european countries who came off of Yugoslavia, those who broke away from Czechoslovakia, and coming to Africa - Eritrea successfully broke away from Ethiopia in 1993!

Pointing to a seemingly challenged disintegration would not invalidate the objective call for the disintegration of Nigeria. One fundamental thing that makes the case for disintegration more compelling is the lack of a common heritage among many constituent tribes that make up Nigeria. Hausa has no shared history with Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio, Jukun, Berom, Kanuri etc so it is extremely difficult to appeal to a common heritage to sue for peace and understanding. The only thing that can make up for this is a binding agreement derived from a genuinely constituted national conference in which all member nations in Nigeria would agree to deal with each other based on agreed terms - more like the terms by which many independent states became a member of the Union in United States. Absent this, we are better off parting ways.

7 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by jmoore(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
If Nigeria divides it will give birth to more than 1,000 countries with same problems that we are witnessing today.
The only parasites are the corrupt leaders found in the north, south, east and west.

Keep on dreaming, Nigeria will never divide.

One Nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by cashkid18(m): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
divide dis country n bokoharam wil bcum a tin of d past

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
Word.

In summary, we have no warlords rather Town Unions and well developed family systems that respect the Value and Sanctity of Life above Power

DerideGull:
There were four regions in Nigeria, thus, Northern, Western, Mid-western and Eastern regions. Both eastern and mid-western region never experienced school riots talk less of political riots.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by cashkid18(m): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
everybody knws dt nig wil definitely divide oneday,so d earlier we divide it the beta for everybody
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 11:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
X-factoria:

How come you didn't see examples of countries who divided successfully? There are examples of Uzbekistan, Kargaztan, Chechenya, (all the xxxx...tans from the former soviet union), the eastern european countries who came off of Yugoslavia, those who broke away from Czechoslovakia, and coming to Africa - Eritrea successfully broke away from Ethiopia in 1993!

Pointing to a seemingly challenged disintegration would not invalidate the objective call for the disintegration of Nigeria. One fundamental thing that makes the case for disintegration more compelling is the lack of a common heritage among many constituent tribes that make up Nigeria. Hausa has no shared history with Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio, Jukun, Berom, Kanuri etc so it is extremely difficult to appeal to a common heritage to sue for peace and understanding. The only thing that can make up for this is a binding agreement derived from a genuinely constituted national conference in which all member nations in Nigeria would agree to deal with each other based on agreed terms - more like the terms by which many independent states became a member of the Union in United States. Absent this, we are better off parting ways.

Even though bargains may be struck by those entering the Union, States still have to abide by federal law. The United States Supreme Court is the end of the line for any litigation. States rights are only upheld as long as they do not brake federal statutes, or are seen to uphold the Constitution of the United States. As a state your rights only go as far as the US constitution will allow. In essence, states only have rights that the United States Constitution allows them to have. As it should be. Without a united central government, chaos and anarchy prevail.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 11:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
jmoore: If Nigeria divides it will give birth to more than 1,000 countries with same problems that we are witnessing today.
The only parasites are the corrupt leaders found in the north, south, east and west.

Keep on dreaming, Nigeria will never divide.

One Nigeria!!

Thank you...

Together-ONE-Mighty!!
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by onegig(m): 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
X-factoria:

Same thing i was about to ask him. Scotland is undergoing same process now to detach from the UK. No one is making an hola balo on that.

Must every separation be seen through the prism of violence and destructions?

Are we animals that we believe we cant simply decide what we want and how we want and reach an amicable resolution without bloodshed?

7 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:16am On Dec 27, 2013
onegig: Same thing i was about to ask him. Scotland is undergoing same process now to detach from the UK. No one is making an hola balo on that.

Are we animals that we believe we cant simply decide what we want and how we want and reach an amicable resolution without bloodshed?

There is a certain religion that only sees everything through bloodshed, violence and destruction.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:18am On Dec 27, 2013
egift:

Which mutual interest Dude there's no mutual interest outside 'peaceful disintegration'

We go our separate ways after 100yrs...abeg no be beans, we don try na Wetin again we dey fyn for naija?

Bristish Experiment FAILED

Now let's pave way for our own nation created out of our own volition and not as we were compelled to in 1914

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:25am On Dec 27, 2013
texanomaly:

You're assessment is right on. Separation will surely lead to warring between the two. This, in turn, weakens both. This weakness will snowball on both sides, leading to economic and infrastructural damage that is detrimental. Many parts of Nigeria can not afford such devastation. Is it wise to step backward instead of moving forward? Not to mention, Nigeria has become a blended society. Are you willing to take up arms again your friends and family, for something that in the end weakens your standing in Africa. Also, what happens to those blended families? Do they separate to go to their respective country, or do they stay together and endure the discrimination that will ensue, no matter which side they choose. Is separation a benefit, if it is looked at with an eye to the future? Where will these two new countries stand in Africa in general. Is separation worth your standing as a 'Super Power' in Africa. Two separate countries would be left weak and vulnerable. Is this wise?

I can site more reasons why this move would be detrimental, but I'd like to hear some reasons why separation would benefit both sides first.

Hey Texas beauty

When Nigeria divides it won't be into 2 but 3....and that's even managing because we were about different 10 ethno nations before the English.

We were all living fine before 'Nigeria' and we would even do better after 'Nigeria'

It would be a sacrifice for a better future, a better future of ethnic pride and national development away from discrimination and bigotry.
Brotherhood and love, our culture and language conserved and developed better.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:33am On Dec 27, 2013
onegig: Same thing i was about to ask him. Scotland is undergoing same process now to detach from the UK. No one is making an hola balo on that.

Precisely! I don't know why people are talking of war as if, everything is fight

And even if some crazy people want to start trouble we(Yoruba) would ignore them.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 12:37am On Dec 27, 2013
macof:

Hey Texas beauty

When Nigeria divides it won't be into 2 but 3....and that's even managing because we were about different 10 ethno nations before the English.

We were all living fine before 'Nigeria' and we would even do better after 'Nigeria'

It would be a sacrifice for a better future, a better future of ethnic pride and national development away from discrimination and bigotry.
Brotherhood and love, our culture and language conserved and developed better.

Okay...let's play it your way. Nigeria separates into 3 or 4, as some here have suggested. Which btw, bodes even worse for the new countries. Address the issues I brought forward. Usually you divide a post up and address each point. If you think these issues will be nonexistent, you are not thinking realistically. You are thinking whimsically. You are better at debate than this. I've seen it. Don't try to spare my feelings. I can take it. I promise you. wink
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:45am On Dec 27, 2013
texanomaly:

Okay...let's play it your way. Nigeria separates into 3 or 4, as some here have suggested. Which btw, bodes even worse for the new countries. Address the issues I brought forward. Usually you divide a post up and address each point. If you think these issues will be nonexistent, you are not thinking realistically. You are thinking whimsically. You are better at debate than this. I've seen it. Don't try to spare my feelings. I can take it. I promise you. wink

It really annoys me when white people that caused this problem in the first place think they know better than us how we should live our lives.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 12:53am On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

It really annoys me when white people that caused this problem in the first place think they know better than us how we should live our lives.

I wasn't even born when Nigeria became a country. How did I cause it's problems? As far as I know you were not born then either. History speaks for itself though. World history, specifically the rise and fall of civilizations happens to be a hobby. Pick up a history book. Learn something.

Besides...that's why I'm here, to learn. Tell me the points I brought up will not be a problem, or give me some kind of solution. Don't be condescending and then tell me I'm wrong.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by igbeke: 1:05am On Dec 27, 2013
egift:

Keep beating your rusty chest. If you want to die, better hang yourself somewhere.
can't u make ur contribution without throwing insults? u hav a problem o.

The rest of us are building a united Nigeria with mutual interest.
u and who? y dont u speak for urself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking!opposition Party In Gabon Accused Omar Bongo Of Being An Igbo President / For Those Blaming Nnadi Kanu And IPOB For Dividing Nigeria / Nigerians Touring Baro Port In Niger State (Pictures & video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.