Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (44189 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sagamite:

person, mondisweets thinks you are dumb and a coward.

That is your friend o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That's not true.

Everyone knows that you are one sick child ,just ask around i'm not the only one that thinks that you're a potential psychiatric patient .
Ever had about 'Narcissistic Personality Disorder'....go Google it

The more you keep opening that gutter of yours the more convinced they become ,and they had no choice than to let you drown in your delusion of grandeur.But i'll tell you the plain truth........YOU ARE A SICK CHILD....and you urgently need help more than you do know.

This is my last advice to you..... .....Get a medical help, before it is too late.PLEASE
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: That's not true.

Everyone knows that you are one sick child ,just ask around i'm not the only one that thinks that you're a potential psychiatric patient .

The more you keep opening that gutter of yours the more convinced they become ,and they had no choice than to let you drown in your delusion of grandeur.But i'll tell you the plain truth........YOU ARE A SICK CHILD....and you urgently need help more than you do know.

This is my last advice to you..... .....Get a medical help, before it is too late.PLEASE

grin
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by omar22(m): 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
moonraker: Lady and gentlemen.

Let's stick to the topic at hand shall we? The arguments are getting boring.

Now if you ask me, I will tell you that under good governance, Nigeria would have a superpower. Dubai is a classic case of rags to riches.

MMIA is unacceptable, even with the renovations. Nigerians deserve better than this. I for one will not praise this. It's too bad that Nigerians

are use to managing everything and then singing praises when the government give them snippets of their basic amenities? Wonderful. angry

Thank you

I bet the cost will build a new airport on an island
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Izontubo(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
omar22:

Oh i forgot that planes land and take off in the arrival and departure lounge
grin grin....abi u wan get plane before airport?...
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
omar22:

Thank you

I bet the cost will build a new airport on an island
You're right, but given the fact that successive govt. over years has left almost 90% of our infrastructure in the country in a moribund state ,would it have been a wiser idea to ask them to tear down the existing airports pending whenever they are willing build a state-of-the-art airport like that of Dubai or simply accept what we have , whilst asking for improvement and expansion?

If you're saying that the amount spent isn't commensurate to what is on the ground, that i do not know and as well cannot doubt you and this is owing to the fact that our govt is yet to free itself from the shackles of this hyrda-head problem called CORRUPTION.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by moonraker(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: You're right, but given the fact that successive govt. over years has left almost 90% of our infrastructure in the country in a moribund state ,would it have been a wiser idea to ask them to tear down the existing airports pending whenever they are willing build a state-of-the-art airport like that of Dubai or simply accept what we have , whilst asking for improvement and expansion?

If you're saying that the amount spent isn't commensurate to what is on the ground, that i do not know and as well cannot doubt you and this is owing to the fact that our govt is yet to free itself from the shackles of this hyrda-head problem called CORRUPTION.

Hmmmm

Y you do raise a very important point, that doesn't dismiss the fact that Nigerians deserve better. Do you know how Dubai airport started? Or even doha? I don't expect a miracle overnight but if your going to build something, build something decent. Judging from those pics, that ain't decent. Sorry.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
moonraker:

Hmmmm

Y you do raise a very important point, that doesn't dismiss the fact that Nigerians deserve better. Do you know how Dubai airport started? Or even doha? I don't expect a miracle overnight but if your going to build something, build something decent. Judging from those pics, that ain't decent. Sorry.
Of course i never disputed what you said ,but my simple question was; what should Nigerians have done to register their dissatisfaction the moment those airports were unveiled ?...and let the government know that they will not and cannot accept that airport....tell me

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by moonraker(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Good question.

Unfortunately, with all due respect to Nigerians, they don't know any better. This is why they are easily swayed by little things like this.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by taharqa: 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
ak_nuel: There are better and cleaner airports in small cities in other countries that's not as blessed with natural resources like we are in Nigeria and we are shouting to high heavens. Anyway, God bless us. Now it's clear why our politicians steal and rob us blind and then renovates old structures instead of constructing news ones cause they know we'll be singing hallelujah and songs of praise to them. Nonsense
SHUT it, Clown. So what shld they hv done? Bring down d Old building and build a new one Immediately? Abi? And then what wud you guys use in d main time? Sillly Nigerians... By d way, apart from d Remodeling and Expansion that have caused a marked improvement in d state of d Airport, which is also continuing with d building of a Transit Lounge and hotel amongst others on top of d roof of d Airport- which is d ONLY reason d roof is 'leaking' presently, a BRAND NEW TERMINAL is presently been built by d same Chinese Cop that built d Beijing International Airport..... I just reali dislike IGNORANT Loudmouthed Nigerians who choose to project their Negativities and failings on d rest of us

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
moonraker: Good question.

Unfortunately, with all due respect to Nigerians, they don't know any better. This is why they are easily swayed by little things like this.
You've not answered my question............
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by taharqa: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
moonraker:

Hmmmm

Reali?? You mean the same Pics the @OP posted on d 1st page, right?? Or, are we seeing diff Pics or smtin??
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
taharqa: SHUT it, Clown. So what shld they hv done? Bring down d Old building and build a new one? Abi? And then what wud you guys use in d main time? Sillly Nigerians... By d way, apart from d Remodeling and Expansion that have caused a marked improvement in d state of d Airport, which is also continuing with d building of a Transit Lounge and hotel amongst others on top of d roof of d Airport- which is d ONLY reason d roof is 'leaking' presently, a BRAND NEW TERMINAL is presently been built by d same Chinese Cop that built d Beijing International Airport..... I just reali dislike IGNORANT Loudmouthed Nigerians who choose to project their Negativities and failings on d rest of us
This is exactly my problems with lots of them .

They easily say a lot of negative things which is a reflection of their woes,frustrations,fears and anxieties ,but cannot even proffer a simple to 12yr old child about Nigeria's situation and the moment you confront them with the ugly truth they resort to name calling and insults ,always using thuggery to have their path cleared and shove down their agbero opinion into our mouth.
How can such people even function well, if given the smallest mantle of leadership in this country?

They can't control their emotions in ordinary NL ,how do you think they can even control themselves in the treacherous corridors of Nigerian politics and policies especially with too many interest groups around....smh

MY PEOPLE PERISH BECAUSE THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: That's not true.

More moronic conjectures.

No wonder why Mondisweets thinks your are a person and refused to list you as intelligent. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: This is exactly my problems with lots of them .

They easily say a lot of negative things which is a reflection of their woes,frustrations,fears and anxieties ,but cannot even proffer a simple to 12yr old child about Nigeria's situation and the moment you confront them with the ugly truth they resort to name calling and insults ,always using thuggery to have their path cleared and shove down their agbero opinion into our mouth.
How can such people even function well, if given the smallest mantle of leadership in this country?

They can't control their emotions in ordinary NL ,how do you think they can even control themselves in the treacherous corridors of Nigerian politics and policies especially with too many interest groups around....smh

MY PEOPLE PERISH BECAUSE THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE.

You are a person!

The first step for anyone with a brain when they hear a news like this of people they know are highly corrupt and incompetent are unveiling a major project is to find out:

- Why was that option taken?
- What was the amount allocated and why?
- How judiciously was it spent?
- What is the value for money from the outcomes?
- Are there any sustainability plans in terms of processes, governance and finance?

Not fucktards like you that quickly jump out naked on the streets jubilating and drinking Alumo Bitters while screaming "Fresh Odour". Then saying the crooks are highly competent and you want them to stay in power forever because they are the greatest ever.

Nigeria is not going anywhere fast as long as we continue giving fucktards like you a right to vote.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by moonraker(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
taharqa: Reali?? You mean the same Pics the @OP posted on d 1st page, right?? Or, are we seeing diff Pics or smtin??

Funny how you picked that particular part of my argument. Now tell me. When was the last time you were at MMIA?
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by moonraker(m): 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: You've not answered my question............

Frankly speaking? Nothing. Apparently in Nigeria, everything goes. Once again, Nigerians don't know any better so there would be no one

challenging the govt about what is right or wrong. For the money spent, I think it safe to say that much is expected?
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
moonraker:

Frankly speaking? Nothing. Apparently in Nigeria, everything goes. Once again, Nigerians don't know any better so there would be no one

challenging the govt about what is right or wrong.
For the money spent, I think it safe to say that much is expected?

Many of them are super dumb, not only ignorant.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

The first step for anyone with a brain when they hear a news like this of people they know are highly corrupt and incompetent are unveiling a major project is to find out:

- Why was that option taken?
- What was the amount allocated and why?
- How judiciously was it spent?
- What is the value for money from the outcomes?
- Are there any sustainability plans in terms of processes, governance and finance?

Not fucktards like you that quickly jump out naked on the streets jubilating and drinking Alumo Bitters while screaming "Fresh Odour". Then saying the crooks are highly competent and you want them to stay in power forever because they are the greatest ever.

Nigeria is not going anywhere fast as long as we continue giving fucktards like you a right to vote.
The more you talk the less intelligent you sound and i'm just so sick of having to read your gibberish.

Now let me even engage you intellectually and see how i can manage to revamp this your low IQ

Let us agree for once that given every right condition on ground that the refurbished airport is useless,substandard and of low value

As a Nigerian what are the steps to be taken to let the govt. understand that we cannot and will not accept this substandard airport ?

You can still refer to my question to Moonraker.

Please let us be objective,i'm realist i don't believe in building castles in the air

For once act like a reasonable guy give me one answer.

I'm waiting .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: The more you talk the less intelligent you sound and i'm just so sick of having to read your gibberish.

Now let me even engage you intellectually and see how i can manage to revamp this your low IQ

Let us agree for once that given every right condition on ground that the refurbished airport is useless,substandard and of low value

As a Nigerian what are the steps to be taken to let the govt. understand that we cannot and will not accept this substandard airport ?

You can still refer to my question to Moonraker.

Please let us be objective,i'm realist i don't believe in building castles in the air

For once act like a reasonable guy give me one answer.

I'm waiting .

You are a person!

Are you saying there is nothing Nigerians can do?

You first answer your own question let me get a feel of your stupidity before I put my response.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
moonraker:

challenging the govt about what is right or wrong. For the money spent, I think it safe to say that much is expected?
You've not answered the question my friend.......

Just give me one answer please

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Are you saying there is nothing Nigerians can do?

You first answer your own question let me get a feel of your stupidity before I put my response.
This is how intelligent you are?

Using questions to answer questions? undecided

as in seriously?

I give up angry
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: This is how intelligent you are?

Using questions to answer questions? undecided

as in seriously?

I give up angry

No.

Because:

1) You are the one that has been running like a pussi from a debate.

2) You are the one with the obvious lower intellect that obvious needs to prove himself and should not be given a platform to plagiarise.

3) There is evidence all over the place you are likely to run when the heat is on.

4) Virtually everyone knows Sagamite would never run from a debate. He would wait and slaughter the person.

So, since you foolhardedly decided to take the bait. Take a position by stating yours and then I will state mine (so you don't copy it).

I wait, foool!
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dyt: Mondi baby
kiss
I got smth to tell u
hey dyt kiss
Do tell me grin
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by moonraker(m): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
Truckpusher: You've not answered the question my friend.......

Just give me one answer please

And I have answered. Re- read my response again. Or do u have something in mind?
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
"Come on, Truckpusher, you can do it".

Come and debate with Sagamite.

Can everyone please start cheering Truckpusher.

"Truckpusher, Truckpusher, Truckpusher, Truckpusher ......."

Make una give am some liver and make im head swell well. grin grin grin

I wait! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAGJmP3_80
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Even my 3yr old nephew can reason much better than this undecided
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mondisweets: Even my 3yr old nephew can reason much better than this undecided

You are his main cheerleader, oya start psyching him. grin grin grin

Let him foolishly feel like a man. Like the only gladiator in your eyes. grin

Let him shed his pussi reputation.

I wait. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wayk7Z6bs6w
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
I hope this pussi has not run yet again o.

I am waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxIssSROjk
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by PetroDolla2: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:
Look at this one.... You have no shame... With all your gold, cocoa, oil & gas and a tiny population. THIS is your flagship international airport?

It's like a goatshed compared to even Lagos DOMESTIC airport below:

.........................................[img]http://1.bp..com/-RQgC07ibgLA/TVrmGDW3IaI/AAAAAAAABHU/_FNRGRtl4Cs/s1600/6.jpg[/img]

As you can see, Mr petrodollar Ghana, you're nowhere near Nigeria's level.

Look, from where I sit you sound very very foolish and childish. You know why? you don't assess an airport based solely on the size or 'beauty' of its terminal buildings.

When I am looking at an airport facility, the priority for me is how functional the airport itself. are the runways in good shape? do the lights work all the time- for example will there be an outage while my plane is landing?http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ongoing-power-outage-murtala-muhammed-international-airport-lagos-paralyzes-flight-operati how efficient are the officials-customs, immigration etc- will they shake me down for a bribe or give me hard time because they are looking for tips? https://www.nairaland.com/751213/customs-checks-murtala-muhammad-airport/1How comfortable and stress-free are the arrival and departure lounges? the air conditioning work? can I safely leave the airport no matter what time I arrive? In general, do facilities and equipment like conveyor belts work?- can I get all my luggage in one piece, without some 'rat' making a hole in my bags and making away with some of my stuffs-something I have personally experienced at the Lagos airport on a flight from London some year ago.

for example, no one wants to be at an airport where the roof leaks no matter how fanciful the terminal buildings look like,huh? https://www.nairaland.com/1544984/why-mmia-terminal-roof-leaks#20028537and you know you are in trouble when foreign airlines start complaining about facilities at your airport, no matter how 'beautiful or glamorous' the terminal building looks,huh [url][https://www.nairaland.com/568611/foreign-airlines-decry-decay-lagos/url]

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
PetroDolla2: Look, from where I sit you sound very very foolish. You know why? you don't assess an airport based solely on the size or 'beauty' of its terminal buildings.

When I am looking at an airport facility, the priority for me is how functional the airport itself. are the runways in good shape? do the lights work all the time- for example will there be an outage while my plane is landing?http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ongoing-power-outage-murtala-muhammed-international-airport-lagos-paralyzes-flight-operati how efficient are the officials-customs, immigration etc- will they shake me down for a bribe or give me hard time because they are looking for tips? https://www.nairaland.com/751213/customs-checks-murtala-muhammad-airport/1How comfortable and stress-free are the arrival and departure lounges? the air conditioning work? can I safely leave the airport no matter what time I arrive? In general, do facilities and equipment like conveyor belts work?- can I get all my luggage in one piece, without some 'rat' making a hole in my bags and making away with some of my stuffs-something I have personally experienced at the Lagos airport on a flight from London some year ago.

for example, no one wants to be at an airport where the roof leaks no matter how fanciful the terminal buildings look like,huh? https://www.nairaland.com/1544984/why-mmia-terminal-roof-leaks#20028537and you know you are in trouble when foreign airlines start complaining about facilities at your airport, no matter how 'beautiful or glamorous' the terminal building looks,huh [url][https://www.nairaland.com/568611/foreign-airlines-decry-decay-lagos/url]

Fcking brilliantly said!
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by PetroDolla2: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sagamite:

Fcking brilliantly said!
thank you. It always goods to look at substance, rather than the bling and periphery
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
PetroDolla2: thank you. It always goods to look at substance, rather than the bling and periphery

Many Nigerians are too much of a person to think of substance.

They are like stupid barn animals who would fall for anything bright and sparkly repeatedly and swallow it as "world class".

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Ongoing Anambra International Airport City Project: 3-D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.