Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (857848 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
Happy anniversay Efosa!!!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by estyy2(f): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
@omozoba&mamatwo,tnx, @efosa sori 4 d l8 posti,work has been stressful dis past mths.as per d full pix,it's attached below

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Godmother(f): 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
@ Efosa

How much is the book? My phone is acting u p too so I lost my bbm contacts. I' ll be needing this book o
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by dlinglos(f): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Happy wedding anniversary aunty. Val. Wish you many happy years together
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 4:00am On Jul 26, 2014
God bless You abundantly ma.Stumble on d page sum hours ago and had to read all d pages.Am really impressed.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
Gud day peeps.I need sum1 to teach me aw to make bow.Thanks in advance
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Bimther: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
Really helpful love every idea i gain here on sewing. Thks
goldentemmy: God bless You abundantly ma.Stumble on d page sum hours ago and had to read all d pages.Am really impressed.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
I want to sag abit so I will use the lenght of
the neck deept by 2
7 is the lenght for her neck remember,now
we would make this 7x2 =14
12 inch is what I measured her shoulder, so
I will add that 14 I got from the neck to the
shoulder which is. 12+14=26
The body part is needed now,remember we
got 16 so we would use the 16 and 26 as
our fabric placed on fold. Pls ma can you explain that part better cos i didn't get it.Thanks Ma

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
Thank you so much to all the wedding anniversary wishes.I am most grateful grin to all.I pray that u are also celebrated in Jesus name amen grin

Now on the book thanks to all those that got it in Lagos and mostly to those that paid extra for it to be sent to them outside Lagos.I really appreciate your determination to get the book.presently the book is finished but I will let you all know as soon as we get more. wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
goldentemmy: I want to sag abit so I will use the lenght of
the neck deept by 2
7 is the lenght for her neck remember,now
we would make this 7x2 =14
12 inch is what I measured her shoulder, so
I will add that 14 I got from the neck to the
shoulder which is. 12+14=26
The body part is needed now,remember we
got 16 so we would use the 16 and 26 as
our fabric placed on fold. Pls ma can you explain that part better cos i didn't get it.Thanks Ma

OK a quick one.measure 26 and fold into two for the upper part. While the under u cut it down to 16.remembered seam allowance too wink that's all.

Estty2 very fabulous jumpsuit dear.you know I love it grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
goldentemmy: Gud day peeps.I need sum1 to teach me aw to make bow.Thanks in advance

Don't worry we would do it soon.we would use it to decorate our skirt wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Back to class*************

When making a basic straight skirt u will need the following measurement areas.

Waist
Hip
Length of the skirt

So take those measurement areas and let's get started. smiley

Mine is
Waist-36
Hip - 42
Length 25.

I will using the bigger part whice is my hip to do my division that's 42รท4=10.5 inch

For clearer understanding I like to work with the blocks.
So for the front block I will need 10.5 x 2=21
Then I add seam allowance to the 21inch let me add 2inch seam.so total is 23 for my front block .I shall place it on fold.

Its out of it I will shape out my waist.

Now the back block.
I will have the same 23 inch as the front but with extra for zip allowance so I will add 2inch for that.
Total for the back block hence is 25inch.
Now the 25inch for the back will be divide into two equal parts for the zip

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Now the waist part.

my waist is 36 and my hip is 42.that's 6 inch out of my hip measurement.so I am going to take the excess out on the waist as dart on both blocks.each block will have 3 inch as dart.

Then the length.

My skirt length is 25.but I will cut out 27,the extra 2 inch is for seam allowance up and down.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
@OP...ride on ma.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
I got pics from previously posted projects from some of us here. cheesy

To answer your question,see the first picture the front and back blocks are placed on fold.
The second picture the front block is spread open.

So its not as if u replicating it.its still the same thing wink

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
Next is the band.since my waist is 36 in circumference I will need to cut more than that.at least 38 for seam allowance and for my hook and eye space. Also the wildness of the band I want is just 1inch so for seam allowance I will cut 1.5 inch on fold.next to make my band firm I shall add air stay to it and iron together.

Now its time to join all the parts together.I must make sure I identify the front and back side so I don't do it over again.

Now I will fix the zip part first.
Then the sides.then the band.
Lastly the hem at the edge of the skirt.

Pls go to page 2 to see how to fix the zip and join the sides.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
Now using the same block pattern we can make several skirts by doing the following

1,increasing the length.
2,increase the volumes
3,add divisions.

The daigram below shows the increase in length.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
To increase the volume or fullness of a skirt u can do the following
1, gathers
2, pleats
3, flear

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
When adding divisions most times we have to add the first and the second I mentioned together to get the third.

Eg add the different lengths to different volume or fullness methods together=to get division

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
Seriously following ma. Remain bless
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello Efosa, i was a silent follower of this trend but i got to knw abt it quite late when u've gone far with others. I decided to go back to page 1 and participate but after dat nairaland loss of data,i tot u wldn't continue d trend, so i registered with a tailoring school dis month while i wait for my service,which wld b in september. I knw i might not get much dia due to the lil tym i have.

I just thank God u continue dis trend so i think i'd cover up with this. God bless u for this,i knw it aint easy typing,drawing and taking all those pix so that we can understand,just to let u knw that WE appreciate yo effort. Keep it up

p.s what is air stay?

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
Oh dear.thanks so much, cheesy i just try to do my best in my own little way.

As for the air stay its used to add weight and support to fabic b4 sewing.will give more details tomorrow wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Yes promised more details on air stay.this is what it looks like..there are two types,one is cotton like(that's the one in the picture) while the other is nylon like.depending on where u getting it, its about 200-250 naira per yard.the cotton one is better than the nylon one.

Air stay is one of the interfacing used while sewing.its classed under the category of fusible interfacing.this means you have to apply heat on it to make it stick to the fabric.there are others fusible interfacing. will give more details later.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Yes promised more details on air stay.this is what it looks like..there are two types,one is cotton like(that's the one in the picture) while the other is nylon like.depending on where u getting it, its about 200-250 naira per yard.the cotton one is better than the nylon one.

Air stay is one of the interfacing used while sewing.its classed under the category of fusible interfacing.this means you have to apply heat on it to make it stick to the fabric.there are others fusible interfacing. will give more details later.
Tanx ma'am
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Yes promised more details on air stay.this is what it looks like..there are two types,one is cotton like(that's the one in the picture) while the other is nylon like.depending on where u getting it, its about 200-250 naira per yard.the cotton one is better than the nylon one.

Tanx ma'am
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
@Efosa...pls I av challenging on how to attach waistband. Could u throw more light on it? Tnx ma

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omozoba1(f): 6:32am On Jul 31, 2014

. I Thank you too!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by beefash24: 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Maa,is there any book or guide that specialize in cutting fabrics?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Godmother(f): 6:25am On Aug 01, 2014
@ Efosa

I just got to know about Stiff. I have never used it before. Is it a type of fusible interfacing? If not how can it be used?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:50am On Aug 02, 2014
beefash24: Maa,is there any book or guide that specialize in cutting fabrics?

Oh yes, there are very good books on cutting wink.soon as I get my hands on them I will let u all know.

Godmother: @ Efosa
I just got to know about Stiff. I have never used it before. Is it a type of fusible interfacing? If not how can it be used?

Yes stiff is a type of non fusible interfaceing.OK let me go into interfacing now.

But before then let me talk on bands for noncy21 who asked me to put her through.I would love to show u with pictures but it just because I haven't done anything with band lately that's why I haven't talked about it yet.and to the lady that asked for bow trust me I did not forget u too wink just give me time to do them so I can post pictures
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 9:26am On Aug 02, 2014
@Efosa...ok ma. Tnx
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
Aiit ma.Tanxz

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.