Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858334 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by MzOma(f): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
http://segunakinleye..co.uk/2014/08/vote-
chisom-contestant-no-9-as-face-of.html?m=1.... Please like her pics alone and the page as well... She
really need your likes.. May God bless y'll
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kemesty(f): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
God bless you real good in this selfless job you are doing. I follow up your posts real time. I will post my finished work soon. Valisimo, please permit me to do this.
I have just a copy of "the sewing book by Alison Smith" for anyone who is interested in buying it. I'm in Abuja. 08184270150
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
I got chiffon for dz I want to use elastic will it
be ok
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kobim(f): 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
God continue to bless and enrich u EFOSAVAL. Been viewing this thread and your good works as a guest but finally decided to register. I have little sewing basic knowledge and your thread has really been helpful. Keep up the good work dear.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
my skirt gown thankyou jesus finally gotten a tube oooo choi my bumshort no go waste #uniportisintrouble make una no too judge me I try #learner oya sis efosa d free gown

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ProminentStar: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
wetin dey happen now? no comments since 27. Madam Efosa where u @?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by larex321(f): 11:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
This is my fabric for the gathered and pleat skirt

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:24am On Aug 30, 2014
ProminentStar: wetin dey happen now? no comments since 27. Madam Efosa where u @?

I am waiting for you guys wink u have to post stuffs on the last two projects we have done b4 I start the free dress class incase there are questions on it.i have all the pictures ready for the next class.but waiting on u all wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:28am On Aug 30, 2014
kemesty: God bless you real good in this selfless job you are doing. I follow up your posts real time. I will post my finished work soon. Valisimo, please permit me to do this.
I have just a copy of "the sewing book by Alison Smith" for anyone who is interested in buying it. I'm in Abuja. 08184270150

Hope u got a call from some one in kD I have ur number to in respect of the book smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2014
kobim: God continue to bless and enrich u EFOSAVAL. Been viewing this thread and your good works as a guest but finally decided to register. I have little sewing basic knowledge and your thread has really been helpful. Keep up the good work dear.

Thanks so much.am glade this has helped
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:32am On Aug 30, 2014
stephnexi: my skirt gown thankyou jesus finally gotten a tube oooo choi my bumshort no go waste #uniportisintrouble make una no too judge me I try #learner oya sis efosa d free gown

grin well done o.uni port people watch out grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2014
larex321: This is my fabric for the gathered and pleat skirt

Cool hopefully we would see our finished project here soon now that u have ur fabric.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:01am On Aug 30, 2014
Hummm in other news grin this may interest you or someone u know. Our promo is here again ......... grin grin so many people kept asking for its even after it ended last year.all thanks to our financial directors at Valisimo Fashion School.

This year every body gets a gift from us for registering unlike last year that it was only to those that made full payment.

This is how it works.those that pay full from September will get a free sewing machine instantly which is our grand price,while those who can't pay all and want to pay instulment will get a free mannequin as soon as payment is completed.so u see every one gets something from us starting from September.

The promo will last as long as our gift stock last.this is to say its strictly on a first come first serve bases cheesy we shall not be held responsible if u didn't get till it finished o.

Tell ur friends to come get theirs
For details on the fees pls add us on bb 7904911C or add us on whatsapp 08096577157

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

OK God willing ,tomorrow I will see what I can do on it with more explanation
cry Aunty Efosa,you forgot me since sunday ooo.
#sobs
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sugarp(f): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2014
you have made me useful to myself while waiting for service. can't wait to get my machine soon. I have been jotting down everything you have taught. thanks so much ma'am. its only God that will bless
you

pls do u still have more of the sewing books I want one. #Big hugsss to you#
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 12:05am On Aug 31, 2014
sugarp: you have made me useful to myself while waiting for service. can't wait to get my machine soon. I have been jotting down everything you have taught. thanks so much ma'am. its only God that will bless
you

pls do u still have more of the sewing books I want one. #Big hugsss to you#
you have being jotting down? Why didn't i think of that beofore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by babybird82(f): 9:41am On Aug 31, 2014
EFOSAVAL:

I am waiting for you guys wink u have to post stuffs on the last two projects we have done b4 I start the free dress class incase there are questions on it.i have all the pictures ready for the next class.but waiting on u all wink

I believe most of us always on this thread more frequently are novice. Truth be told I am still lost and so haven't attempted any yet. I recently attended a workshop on making patterns with ruler and French curve. Still trying to wrap my head around the free hand pattern.

Clarification please on free hand pattern.

Is it that for example, when making a straight skirt you use the widest part of the body as the width then use darts to have the waist? Meaning that I will start with a four corner pattern and after making the darts the shape of the skirt comes out?

Meanwhile, I am very grateful for all your efforts so far but I will implore that you take a roll call of the novice and the already advanced. And when you are teaching a new topic ensure that at least 3 people commit to it by indicating on the post. Others can still do theirs later but everyone that indicated must submit their finished project. Just give a timeframe for completion.

I am eagerly waiting for the next project so that I can attempt it.

Well done and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Glamourprincezz: 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
opted for pleats n decided to make a gown instead of skirt.

7 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mummyadiel: 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Here is d gathered gown I made

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by uliyaah(f): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Hi to all.hope u all had a wonderful day.
I thought I should shear this here with u all.Valisimo fashion school is now government approved through ITF .we really worked hard to get this.we ve been on it since last year and yeterday it finally came. grin I want u to thank God with us in your prayers

This is just little out of what you deserve...watchout for moreeee....you have touched so many with lots...infact...m speechless

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by anitaoluchi(f): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
GOD will Continue to bless u.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by icebebe(f): 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
Here is mine

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tinu02(f): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please how much is it I need a copy
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ladylaurel(f): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
I'm new here and I want to join u guys. I just don't know how to express how happy I am seeing this thread here. hope my question wont be a bother to u. also, am new at this but I'm a fast learner. wish I started when u did though I've gone through d basic as explained by @efosaval.

am I welcomed?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omozoba1(f): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
ladylaurel: I'm new here and I want to join u guys. I just don't know how to express how happy I am seeing this thread here. hope my question wont be a bother to u. also, am new at this but I'm a fast learner. wish I started when u did though I've gone through d basic as explained by @efosaval.

am I welcomed?
sure u are highly welcomed. Looking good is good business, vry soon u will start beautifying urself wit ur own fabrics dx is true only if u keep up wit dx determination grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Now am happy..... Really happy to see your finished jobs.thanks to you for doing them. wink

To new comments trust me u are very welcome grin.feel free to join the class....

So moving on to the next project on sunday by Gods grace. Here are the materials u will need for the project.also this is to give you time to get all your materials and accessories..

Plain material for the major part of the dress.,2yards
Complimenting fabric for combination ,quarter yard.
You need 2 differnet coulors to do this
You need zip and lineing also .plus thread .if I remember more stuffs for it I will definately wink

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by icebebe(f): 5:55am On Sep 04, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Now am happy..... Really happy to see your finished jobs.thanks to you for doing them. wink

To new comments trust me u are very welcome grin.feel free to join the class....

So moving on to the next project on sunday by Gods grace. Here are the materials u will need for the project.also this is to give you time to get all your materials and accessories..

Plain material for the major part of the dress.,2yards
Complimenting fabric for combination ,quarter yard.
You need 2 differnet coulors to do this
You need zip and lineing also .plus thread .if I remember more stuffs for it I will definately wink
can we use different ankara dt complement each to do it?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:21am On Sep 05, 2014
icebebe: can we use different ankara dt complement each to do it?

Yes u can. For those of us that have the fabric u can start posting pictures of it here
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:23am On Sep 05, 2014
Have u heard about this? It's here again and this time every gets something so don't miss this wink

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ladylaurel(f): 6:55am On Sep 07, 2014
smiley smiley smiley

u have inspired to try sewing as a hobby, Efosaval. thanks cos u just made me bought my sewing matching and I'm ready to sea along. though I will start with d first skirt u started with. u know I am new at this, so I may be asking questions. hope u would not mind?

And........here is my new friend smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
ladylaurel: smiley smiley smiley

u have inspired to try sewing as a hobby, Efosaval. thanks cos u just made me bought my sewing matching and I'm ready to sea along. though I will start with d first skirt u started with. u know I am new at this, so I may be asking questions. hope u would not mind?

And........here is my new friend smiley

Am happy for you sis.well done and u also well come to join and ask questions. cheesy
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Now its time to move to our next topic which is the free dress.

Measurement areas needed are

Shoulder
Sleeve
Bust
Waist
Hip
Length

So u need to take the measurement of these areas b4 we can transfer these measurement on to our fabric

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.