Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (857904 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by warajaina: 6:15am On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bebe2(f): 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sorry I dnt intend to derail d thread but I need dis urgently.

Where can I get this?

I need 21 bundles.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
bebe2:
Sorry I dnt intend to derail d thread but I need dis urgently.

Where can I get this?

I need 21 bundles.

Please call this number.08096577157
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by cheries: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
My mum lost her mother and sister. The burial is slated for 2 weeks..... Thanx so much our lecturer for this wonderful lesson. I made 6 pieces skirt as she requested and it was very easy and simple. This is the pic after cutting...... will post the finished work later

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
Efosa I get what you mean about using this online class to relax, I do it too. grin

For people who are asking questions about measurement, remember it's all about YOUR measurements. Use YOUR measurements to make YOUR calculations. Efosa is using hers so you should not use hers. Before you touch your fabric, get all your measurements down. It will be easier to follow the instructions. She is very detailed in her instructions so it's easy to go along.

Also, if you have questions regarding a previous project you have three options:

(a) Go back to the project and READ the entire project
(b) Wait till the current project is done (when Efosa posts her finished project), there is usually a lag time while members finish up and post their results
(c) Send Efosa a private message

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but there were questions on things we already covered and the information is there if you go back a few pages. I know we are all eager and excited about this class but let's tone it down a bit. And also be more clear about your questions and more members will be able to help.

After all that:

(1) My fabric
(2) Back
(3) Front

My width is not 24 inches cos my client is small and is an older woman and I felt 24inches would be too much for her.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
cheries:
My mum lost her mother and sister. The burial is slated for 2 weeks..... Thanx so much our lecturer for this wonderful lesson. I made 6 pieces skirt as she requested and it was very easy and simple. This is the pic after cutting...... will post the finished work later

I'm sorry for your loss
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Sorry,for ur lose may her soul rest in peace,like ur white lace cheers.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Am yet to buy my fabric been busy but I use paper for my cutting. thanks to Efosa

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by cheries: 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
mariposa01:

I'm sorry for your loss
Thanx so much, dear
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by cheries: 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Kemmy06:
Sorry,for ur lose may her soul rest in peace,like ur white lace cheers.
Thanx kemmy
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Cherries, sorry for your lose. This is my fabric, I haave not cut itt cos I'm not so sure the material would be cl for six pieces.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 5:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
winie:
@Cherries, sorry for your lose. This is my fabric, I haave not cut itt cos I'm not so sure the material would be cl for six pieces.

How many yards is it?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Glamourprincezz: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
@EFosa, pls i av two questions: are we joining each of d panels togeda wt 1.5" allowance? d 9" u used for d halflength width is gotn from ur hip measurement nd seam allowance added togeda, so mine will differ?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tess88: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hi Anty Efosa, am sooo glad for your patience, details and time that you dedicate to our tutelage.... You are mightily strengthened of the Lord.

I have been a ghost (guest) follower of your thread and i must attest to your beautiful heart.

I'm actually learning sewing from a tailor but always had issue with the zipper fixing but thanks to your thread on the making of skirt that put me through. Now am an expert in zipper fixing (laughs).

Below is a Denim dress I made on Thursday. Thanks for the HIGH morale!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
mariposa01:

How many yards is it?
3yards. The issue is that it looks to plain for six pieces, what do you think?. Maybe I should get another fabric for it. I'm even far behind. GOD will help me.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:47am On Nov 10, 2014
cheries:

Woo that's so sad. shocked

So sorry for you loss dear.i pray God gives your mum the power to bear the loss

And we are happy you were able to make your mummy a nice 6 piece skirt. wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:56am On Nov 10, 2014
Glamourprincezz:
@EFosa, pls i av two questions: are we joining each of d panels togeda wt 1.5" allowance? d 9" u used for d halflength width is gotn from ur hip measurement nd seam allowance added togeda, so mine will differ?

The first questions answer is yes.

The second answer Is all so yes.depending on your hip measurement you must calculate it to suit you
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:59am On Nov 10, 2014
Tess88:
Hi Anty Efosa, am sooo glad for your patience, details and time that you dedicate to our tutelage.... You are mightily strengthened of the Lord.

I have been a ghost (guest) follower of your thread and i must attest to your beautiful heart.

I'm actually learning sewing from a tailor but always had issue with the zipper fixing but thanks to your thread on the making of skirt that put me through. Now am an expert in zipper fixing (laughs).

Below is a Denim dress I made on Thursday. Thanks for the HIGH morale!

You sweet words warm my heart.thanks so much and bless God for giving us all the gift of lifesmiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:21am On Nov 10, 2014
Now a quick run though of the joining process. All you do is join the 3 front panels together.same thing for the 3 back panels. plus consideration for the zip. Now we go to the waist and shape out the waist.

My waist you remember is 37

Waist 37÷2= 18.5
hip 44÷2= 22

that's what I shape with.

at the knee side down, usually the waist measurement and the knee are almost the same thing so I can shape that area with 18 inch to shape the skirt.if I don't want it that tight u can go to 20 inch

By the way my skirt is ready grin just remains the blouse but I will give us time to finish our skirts b4 we go to the blouse.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kemisole(f): 11:08am On Nov 10, 2014
@EFOSA,tenk u ma for the tutorial,God bless you quiz is:my hip mst is 36,&wld realy love my base to be full,can I make my circumference(base) to be 22?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sstartony: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
My machine thread kept cutting, what should I do, I beg help me. Good morning to u all.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
kemisole:
@EFOSA,tenk u ma for the tutorial,God bless you quiz is:my hip mst is 36,&wld realy love my base to be full,can I make my circumference(base) to be 22?

Yes you can.hope u mean 22 for each panel o
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
sstartony:
My machine thread kept cutting, what should I do, I beg help me. Good morning to u all.

Many things could be wrong. First check your shuttle area.check Tension wheel . check your thread.oil it if need be
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kemisole(f): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
@EFOSA,yes 22 for each panel,tenks ma,God bless u
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by lizzydamsel: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
sstartony:
Adjust ur needle, make sure its properly fixed making the tip of ur needle makes a good contact b4 screwing
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sssob: 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
sstartony:

Apart from what efosa said ...check ur needle ... Change it and ensure the deep groove on d side of the needle faces outside and d Smaller groove inside...
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by lizzydamsel: 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
May God continue to fill ur @ with joy as u av bin filling other pple's @ wit joy. Wen u call one person 100 pple wil answer IJN.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 3:44am On Nov 11, 2014
winie:
3yards. The issue is that it looks to plain for six pieces, what do you think?. Maybe I should get another fabric for it. I'm even far behind. GOD will help me.

3 yards should be enough for the skirt, what's your measurement. You can find another plain fabric to make the top.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 11, 2014
Ooooops! Av missed a lot,how can I catch upsad

Am really veeery much interested,please where do I start?

*modified*
Am really grateful to God for stumbling on this thread n grateful to u EFOSAVAL for creating such a useful thread for we the JJCs... Lol

And I think I av found my way around what av missed,when I finish from page 1 to 22,,I will join u guys here..
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sstartony: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thanks to you all, my machine is now perfect.
@efosa, u have bn a channel of blessing to me, may the Lord bless you real good.Kindly recommend a good machine for me to buy aside the regular one
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ma efosa ... Is any book available ...most importantly the one dat has how to cut blazer , trouser, gown etc in details
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
mariposa01:

3 yards should be enough for the skirt, what's your measurement. You can find another plain fabric to make the top.
yeah it should be enough, however because I'm having problem with my phone I couldn't capture the whole fabric, what u see there is just the base, the rest is just plain. Thanks for replying . Sadly I can't partkae of this project with u guys cos things just goot hectic for me in my office and have to get a new accommodation cos I have a quit notice hanging over me. Its well sha. I shall still make it when I have the time o with another fabric.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.