Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858283 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by yoyin120(f): 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
Nc thread u av here, i av bn reading thru n i love n appreciate maam efosal 4 d great effort she is putting into this, God bless u real good, ur river of knowledge will neva run dry n i pray that new ideas that will bring international connection n recognition will start flowing all ova u (amin). I am presently learning sewing somewhere, i started nov, though she is a pro to some extent but am beginning 2 get tired of going, cos am expecting n she is kind of old fashion, she want u 2 observe all protocols, like u av 2 stand all tru weneva she cutting plus several oda rules i knw its normal bt wit my present state its all tiring. I dnt knw if u understand me, anyways wat am trying 2 say is thank u f dis i believe it will help broaden my little knowledge of sewing
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by yoyin120(f): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2015
Wat is happening here, is this thread no longer functioning. Where is val n everybody? Pls bring this back alive o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by blessedqueen(f): 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ehya Yoyin I understand u, u shud av gone to a fashion skool DAT would have helped
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mimiejacobz(f): 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
mrs efosaval,we've missed you n this thread is actually dull now,hope you're doing fine
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nanalady(f): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2015
Please come back...mrs efosa
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2015
chief mrs madam val ooooooo. wer r u? or hv u taken election/ easter break?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
grin grin hi to all.hummmm first I want to thank you all for keeping the thread going.i must have said here sometime ago that I actually use this thread to relax my self from my hectic day at work that's why I post so late in the night......so for me not to have been here for so long you can imagine how stressed up I must have been.work has been so overwhelming lately but in all I give glory to God.

Our January to March set in school just completed their 3months basic sewing class, as part of their requirements for completing of the programme they had to come up with at least 3 collections for their professional photo shoot.so part of the reasons why I couldn't come online here was because I and all my team at valisimo fashions had to work extra hard to make sure the project was a success .There was so much preparation we all had to do b4 the day which was Wednesday. I am happy to say that it went on very well.i was personally impressed by what I saw all our students presented during the photo shoot.this is all thanks to all the cooperation we saw between the students tutors as well as the administrative unit of valisimo fashions.we all worked hand in hand tirelessly to see this came to pass.soon as the edited pictures are sent to us I sure will post it.

Am happy for this election break.if nothing else the fact that we can all rest at home is something. I encourage us to turn up tomorrow as we take charge of our feature by voting wisely. I wish us all a peaceful Nigeria

I am so sorry for not answering most of your questions but hopefully b4 the week runs out I shall attend to them.wink

In photo
1) Mrs ilori's collection on her models
2) Mrs Atim ino's collection on her models
3) one of Toyin's collection on her model
4) Eghonghon'scollection on her models

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2015
jus postin my top now as i hadnt joind the thread when the tutorial was had. i hope it makes sence.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
Yep time to answer some questions here.hope u all rested as I did.and I hope you all voted also now let's go.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
Okay I noticed that most of the questions are not related to the topic we are presently treating which is trousers

the problem with answering Unrelated questions is that we just end up confusing Those who are new on the thread. That's why I said you should post unrelated question to me on WhatsApp

@zikkie you asked a question about fixing the zip on your trouser so I would answer this since it related.

The other questions are on sleeve, arm whole, peplum top and darts which can be done on a blouse project

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
The type of zip am putting the class through is the very basic type. The regular zips on trousers (male trousers) which has a flap flyer or lapel as some call it would actually be easy for a pro to fix not some one who's just learning .so that's why we are going for the basic on.

After identifying where you want the zip to be either side or front like mine . open the zip Placing it side to side on the seam and sew it down to the fabric. That's all to it.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by cmqloverfashion: 3:53am On Mar 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tee4moi(f): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2015
I'm so happy to be a part of this thread i've gone tru d whole pages to the present..God will continue to bless u ma as u impact knowledge into others.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2015
Tee4moi:
I'm so happy to be a part of this thread i've gone tru d whole pages to the present..God will continue to bless u ma as u impact knowledge into others.

Thanks so much sis may God bless you too.

Hi to all. Ok I hope the lesson on zip is clear.to finish your trouser you may want to insert a band or not.dont forget to hem the leg part..This is how we end our trouser class.please you are free to ask all questions related to the trouser now b4 we move In to a new topic
Plus you can submit pictures of your project now if you have done yours.alos I want to say well done to all those who have submitted already .to those who are yet to do theirs I say you can do this its not hard at all. wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2015
Use this stay at home period wisely get on your sewing machines and make something fabulous for yourself. Coming weekend is also another long break you can use it to finish your abandoned projects.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
Let's make something very simple elegant and colourful this easter. The reason why I am going for this is that it's a design that's not too complicated which means any one can do this. grin grin its a short dress which could also be rocked as a top so you would mostly like wear this when you make it. wink The colour arrangement is fantastic you can retain the white and change the middle colour to any other one.it could be white and blue, red ,green, orange, brown etc grin

During this we would now go into arm whole and sleeve

As usual I will need a minimum of 5 let's go to start the lectures on this.i am so ready and excited because I will also be free to do this this weekend since I will have good Friday and easter Monday at home grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Let's make something very simple elegant and colourful this easter. The reason why I am going for this is that it's a design that's not too complicated which means any one can do this. grin grin its a short dress which could also be rocked as a top so you would mostly like wear this when you make it. wink The colour arrangement is fantastic you can retain the white and change the middle colour to any other one.it could be white and blue, red ,green, orange, brown etc grin

As usual I will need a minimum of 5 let's go to start the lectures on this.i am so ready and excited because I will also be free to do this this weekend since I will have good Friday and easter Monday at home grin
Correct... I am in... Thanks Ma'am
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Zikkie(f): 4:27am On Apr 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Fine! I'm in. I will try fixing the zip on the trouser I made and post the pix before the day runs out. Thanks Efosaval
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tee4moi(f): 6:44am On Apr 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

This is how my pattern will be with my exact measurement.when I then transfer my measurement to fabric I will add seam allowance to it.

I will have my cut line as well as my sew line

Madam,i remember we already added 2inchs to d thigh as seam allowance earlier,my question is am i going to add another seam allowance to the thigh wen i've placed d pattern on d fabric.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tee4moi(f): 7:01am On Apr 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

I'm in ma'am but pls attend to my question cos that's the part that confuses me.Thank u#cyberhug
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2015
Nice grin still counting .I am excited too.i should get my fabric today. wink

You are not clear with your questions Tee4moi
What topic, which page ,what lesson did u get this quote from
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

I'm in oooo!, let's go there!!!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tushmum(f): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Let's go Ma'am..#mwaaah#
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by pishon: 10:19am On Apr 01, 2015
Wow! I'm so in so let's go, its been a while I participated in the projects here have been very busy with my little shop I just opened trying to grow it into a bigger fashion house. Thanks aunty val for your mentoring God is taking you to a greater height beyond your imagination love you plenty.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by purplestreaks: 11:11am On Apr 01, 2015
Been a while I participated in a sewalong. I just keep piling the fabrics up. But these gown...I'm in!! This weekend!! Yaaaay!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ademisgirl: 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
Am on... Plz madam value, what type of material should I get to sew this style.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tee4moi(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Thanks ma,i undastand nw a friend explained to me.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
in n ready
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=EFOSAVAL post=32223131]Let's make something very simple elegant and colourful this easter. The reason why I am going for this is that it's a design that's not too complicated which means any one can do this. grin grin its a short dress which could also be rocked as a top so you would mostly like wear this when you make it. wink The colour arrangement is fantastic you can retain the white and change the middle colour to any other one.it could be white and blue, red ,green, orange, brown etc grin

As usual I will need a minimum of 5 let's go to start the lectures on this.i am so ready and excited because I will also be free to do this this weekend since I will have good Friday and easter Monday at home grin[/quote

Thanks Efosaval. let's go. please what kind of material is that?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Oh yes .we can go now grin grin

[size=16pt]MINI DRESS LESSON
[/size]
to make this style this are the things you require

Fabric white (1 yard plus).
and any other colour for combination (1 yard)
Fabric type - I am going for duchess
You can use trouser material for it another option is raw silk, linen, cotton fabric as well.
You need zip.
matching thread

brown paper if you not too sure of your cutting skills

My Measurement areas for this mini dress is
(I expect you to use yours)

Across shoulder 16
Neck 8
Sleeve 4
Bust 42
Waist 36
Hip 44
length 35

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tenajtek(f): 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
Tape rule around the neck, scissors in hand, tailoring chalk, pen and jotter, and a lovely smile. Hello ladies! And gents?? Thanks val for the bbm link to this forum.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:22am On Apr 02, 2015
tenajtek:
Tape rule around the neck, scissors in hand, tailoring chalk, pen and jotter, and a lovely smile. Hello ladies! And gents?? Thanks val for the bbm link to this forum.

grin grin very nice imagery am clapping for you grin

You always welcome***hugs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.