Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858134 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
This is my yellow project. grin with out the sleeve

And The back side of the outfit too so u see how I joined it.

Post your projects o. grin

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Now here is the completed one

Send in your questions.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:26am On Apr 10, 2015
Our next topic will be sleeves as promised earlier.

But I am gonna wait till I take questions from the house so I know we are clear on it.

grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:26am On Apr 10, 2015

But I am gonna wait till I take questions from the house so I know we are all clear on this Mini dress project.

grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 12:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

But I am gonna wait till I take questions from the house so I know we are clear on it.

grin

pls teach us how u cut and sewed the pocket. tnx
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

But I am gonna wait till I take questions from the house so I know we are all clear on this Mini dress project.

grin

Please what is the best modern sewing machine to buy. Thank you
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2015
askj:

pls teach us how u cut and sewed the pocket. tnx

Was busy over the weekend .hope we all rested.

The pocket is very simple to make.
I simply cut a fabric about 7 inch wide.lenght was 6 inches.i neat the edge that would show on top of the pocket with 1 inch. Now after joining the front and back yellow in the middle, I spread open the side seam and place the pocket on the front side ensuring that it stays in the meddle of the side seam.lastly I place the white Under the yellow also to hold fast the bottom of the pocket.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:26am On Apr 13, 2015
diegs:

Please what is the best modern sewing machine to buy. Thank you

Most sewing machines work the same according to their functions.

1)we have the straight sewing ones .can be black manual or white head electrical.
2) the over lockers and (weeping machines)
3) Decorative stitch types also known as embroidery machines.

so I wouldn't say there is a best one . people might likely say so so so is the best but that might just be because that's the only one he/she is using.
What ever the sewing machine u eventually get just ensure you regularly service it also do not panic when u see its not sewing well . sometimes it's just a simple setting issue that's the problem
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:37am On Apr 13, 2015
[size=28pt]Time for sleeves.[/size]

We would look at sleeves in relation to the arm hole
The different types.things to note when cutting them .finishing the edges etc

I may not use fabric for this lesson so I will be going on brown paper. Get ready ladies. This would be fun as usual. Still waiting for your previous projects to be posted thou.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetseth: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello house, I saw dis thread few days ago. I must commend efosa for d great work. God will bless the works of ur hands. I got my machine and sincerely I don't know where to start from bt am trying to roll d machine now. I don't even know how to put thread. Pls can I still learn and go along with d class?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by BHM01: 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
Our teacher is ready to take us on sleeve, pls all students should come to class nao, plsssssssss. @Efosaval, ts bin a great job u've bin doin. I always follow ur posts and also made all d sew alongs buh my fone can't send pix embarassed God will bless u sooo much and put smiles on ur face lyk u've done to us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
I can't wait to start d sleeves,because I trust madam Val dat she has dis way of teaching and I understand easily and perfectly.Our lecturer we don ready for class ma.God bless u for us.thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
my project is coming soon, meanwhile the next project will sure be fun all the way. Efosa Darlyn! Thanks a lot
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:44am On Apr 14, 2015
Oh dear. ....Thanks so much....I keep looking for new words to replace the word thanks that wouldn't change the importance of the meaning and so far I still haven't found other words to replace it so forgive me if I keep saying thanks over and over again.so here it is Thanks guys.....seriously thanks.

some of your Comments move me so much that sometimes I feel guilty taking all the hailing and praise knowing that half the time I don't even try as hard as u think I do coz I use it as a stress relief for myself too grin but really I am more greatfull to u for letting me share stuffs with u .never forget that wink

5 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2015
Now let's do a quick recap of stuff we have done here

We talked about the 5 basic blocks

Out of the 5 blocks we have done 4

Front block skirt
Back block skirt
Front block bodies
Back block bodies

Now it's time to look at the fifth basic block which is the sleeve.thats why we are here grin

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by alofbabe: 1:50am On Apr 14, 2015
So grateful for this platform.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 9:48am On Apr 14, 2015
:DI luve wat u did wit d twisted front top,d illustration n explanation wz on point.GOd bless u,KUDOS! smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetseth: 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
Am sorry to divert a little pls I really want to follow u guys though am very new bt av cut my straight skirt yesterday and also got my machine bt when I am trying to sew the thread is cutting pls what do I do? Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gh
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Welcome welcome welcome to all from Facebook
And to all other members of the house I salute you all.

Sweetset so sorry you having that issue now.dont worry the process will get better soon. Me while check these places on your sewing machines if it's too tight this might make the thread cut.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:25am On Apr 15, 2015
[size=24pt]Back to sleeves[/size]

The process of taking the sleeve measurements simply entails
1- Taking the desired length (from the shoulder down be it short, half length, 3 quater or long length) and the desire
2- Taking the desired circumference ( round the arm or the rist)

Now some find it difficult to measure a persons arm hole because of the smell and sweat lipsrsealed undecided...... grin well me too, in fact I never put my tape rule there. sad despite that it's important to take the accurate measurement there as this would affect how u cut your sleeve at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:49am On Apr 15, 2015
What I do is I take the circumference of the upper bust and on that same line i take the upper bust by length ( from shoulder to the top part of the bust)

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:58am On Apr 15, 2015
This simple process helps u for a square which you can link as arm hole.now from that upper bust line just add half inch down or 1 inch to get the right arm hole measurements for the person

please study the diagram below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by blessedqueen(f): 6:11am On Apr 15, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
This simple process helps u for a square which you can link as arm hole.now from that upper bust line just add half inch down or 1 inch to get the right arm hole measurements for the person

please study the diagram below.

How about taking d measurement from shoulder to nipple den minus two inches to get d armhole?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by juney(f): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
What I do is I take the circumference of the upper bust and on
that same line i take the upper bust by length ( from shoulder to
the top part of the bust, "but please madam val, what I was told was... the burst divided by 4 will give us the armhole. .. what do you think about that.?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by juney(f): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
@ adeadedoyin, please what page was it treated.. I mean tje twisted top..
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by teimilawlar: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
i love this
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
juney:
What I do is I take the circumference of the upper bust and on
that same line i take the upper bust by length ( from shoulder to
the top part of the bust, "but please madam val, what I was told was... the burst divided by 4 will give us the armhole. .. what do you think about that.?

Hummmm never heard that before grin but am curious
To learn how that would work.lets use my bust measurement.
My bust is 42.
42รท4 =10.5
Close but not exactly what I use.i mostly use 9 inches for my armhole.

For me I respect other people's methods and ideology when it comes to being creative on this job. so if you have tried it and it works for u fantastic. wink but if you think it's not working for you and u would like to adopt a new please feel free. wink

in other news
....I was so busy today doing a personal photo shoot today once I get the edited pictures I shall post them here...plus it's my birthday on Friday yeeeeep grin so na all weekend jolly I dey so o........grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 16, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Most sewing machines work the same according to their functions.

1)we have the straight sewing ones .can be black manual or white head electrical.
2) the over lockers and (weeping machines)
3) Decorative stitch types also known as embroidery machines.

so I wouldn't say there is a best one . people might likely say so so so is the best but that might just be because that's the only one he/she is using.
What ever the sewing machine u eventually get just ensure you regularly service it also do not panic when u see its not sewing well . sometimes it's just a simple setting issue that's the problem

Tnx a lot. I am getting one soon so I can join the class. God bless u richly
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetseth: 12:22am On Apr 17, 2015
Hi everyone, mrs efosa has tried 70times to get back on dis thread but she has bin receiving strange response dat she can't do dat bt she should try again in few hours later. So she chat with me on whatsap dat I should relate fis to d class. Bt she will keep trying see d picture she sent

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.