Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (856599 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 24, 2015
TDlook:

For how many inches of dart to take away- I don't have a straightforward answer. It depends on how low the neckline is.lower necklines will require more dart intake than higher necklines.You can start by taking out half an inch on the front bodice block. At the under-bust you can take out a quarter of an inch. If you want it really moulded then measure your under-bust on your body then measure what you have on your patterns (both front and back) sans the darts to figure out how much more you need to shape it.
As for the second question about bustier with sleeve- I need to see a picture or a good sketch to understand better.
Thanks. When cutting my padded blouse ;a times I do cut the center front first using 4"-upperbust, 4.5 " - apex, 4"-empire placed on fold. I then place on the cloth to cut the sides adding the remaining values of the measurements to the center front piece. This method works very fine for me when I want to cut an off shoulder blouse. But I do find it difficult cutting my armhole slant, attaching the shoulder so that I can attach the sleeve.
Due to this difficulty I do encounter I want to try cutting my padded blouse as I would for a normal blouse. But because I need to shape the bossom cut the neckline always becomes an issue.
To cut my long story cut. How do I cut this padded blouse (below) with the shoulder?
Thank you

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 9:16pm On May 24, 2015
Juicy petal,if u had followed madam efosaval'tutorial,ds blouse shouldn't be a problem,use d sketch,it should be of help.u can ask questions if u don't understand juicypetal.but I'm not a professional ooo

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 10:10pm On May 24, 2015
D dotted lines are supposed to cut tru d under bust,its just a rough sketch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 24, 2015
adeadedoyin:
Juicy petal,if u had followed madam efosaval'tutorial,ds blouse shouldn't be a problem,use d sketch,it should be of help.u can ask questions if u don't understand juicypetal.but I'm not a professional ooo
Thanks dear. I followed her tutorial on blouse. Yes I like playing around varieties guess it's part of the learning process. Will try this and will update you on the outcome.
Thanks once again
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oyi2: 12:06pm On May 25, 2015
Please can you point me in the direction of the blouse tutorial?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 25, 2015
oyi2:
Please can you point me in the direction of the blouse tutorial?
Check page 24 of this same thread. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 25, 2015
Great job val

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 6:55pm On May 25, 2015
juicypetal:

Thanks dear. I followed her tutorial on blouse. Yes I like playing around varieties guess it's part of the learning process. Will try this and will update you on the outcome.
Thanks once again

Ok,well done grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 10:27am On May 26, 2015
Hurrah!!! I just got my electric domestic sewing machine (Butterfly) (Ill post pictures of my projects later) Thanks Valisimo CEO for giving us this opportunity. I remember as a kid, I used to sit and play with my mum's manual machine and now, dear sis, you created this platform for people like us. May God bless you richly.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mamadsquare: 1:25pm On May 26, 2015
Teeworld13:
Hurrah!!! I just got my electric domestic sewing machine (Butterfly) (Ill post pictures of my projects later) Thanks Valisimo CEO for giving us this opportunity. I remember as a kid, I used to sit and play with my mum's manual machine and now, dear sis, you created this platform for people like us. May God bless you richly.
Is it the regular blackhead sewing machine that can also be used electronically or a simply electric one?
pls post pics.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 26, 2015
That's my machine
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by texanomaly(f): 4:30pm On May 26, 2015
I wish I had more time to sew. I love this thread. My sewing machines are collecting dust. embarassed
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ibironkesarah(f): 5:45pm On May 26, 2015
@ Teeworld 13........how much did u get ur electric sewing machin? Can it make button holes, zig zag e.t.c?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by OmaGal(f): 1:02am On May 27, 2015
God bless you Ma'am Efosaval.....You're a great icon indeed...
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:26am On May 27, 2015
check jumia. I am just a learner, lol

ibironkesarah:
@ Teeworld 13........how much did u get ur electric sewing machin? Can it make button holes, zig zag e.t.c?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by perry2020(f): 10:48am On May 27, 2015
Teeworld13:
That's my machine
Pl zz how much did u get it n where??
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 11:05am On May 27, 2015
check jumia

perry2020:

Pl zz how much did u get it n where??
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:46pm On May 27, 2015
Thanks Thanks Thanks cheesy grin

Its really Good to be back grin kindly follow the group on Facebook it's really easier to post there .I don't have to resize the pictures I post and to me that's fantastic

. https://m./176771132388378?ref=bookmark

Adedoyin nice choice wink
I will treat the topic under collar/lappels

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 10:19pm On May 28, 2015
cheesy cheesy thanks ma,I follow u in d group too,may God bless u ma

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by dolafunmi(f): 9:54pm On May 29, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
We done with the cutting its time to move to the sewing

We join the shoulder together first.
Valisimo... Efosaval...
Hats off!!!
This has been confusing me but you broke it down in its entirety. God bless you real good.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bleble14(f): 10:45pm On May 29, 2015
Good evening Madam Val, please i beg u in d name of God, am new here and in sewing, please ma can u help me on how to do a princess dart, d measurement and how do i know where to start d princess dart on a dress. God bless u cause u are really doing a good job here
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:13pm On May 30, 2015
bleble14:
Good evening Madam Val, please i beg u in d name of God, am new here and in sewing, please ma can u help me on how to do a princess dart, d measurement and how do i know where to start d princess dart on a dress. God bless u cause u are really doing a good job here

thanks grin ok we will do it but after the lapel I promised adedoyin .

The following post is a reply to a question asked in one the groups on Facebook.i thought I shear it here too.

Question- What is the basics of sewing .?

Valisimo Fashion School
3 months Basic curriculum break down

At the end of our 3 months basic class there are what we consider before issuing out certificate.

1 can the person take measurements accurately/translate measurements into fabric.

2 does the person understand the concept of cutting. Understand the principles of seam allowance while cutting and can the person cut and manipulate the 5 theories of block construction in making clothes eg
5 Theories of Block construction in pattern
a, front block bodice,
b, back block bodice.
c, front block skirt
d, back block skirt
e, sleeve block

3.Can the person sew neatly with sewing machine.sewing to me entails ironing every seam as you sew.also does the person understand the concept of lining clothes well while sewing .

4 can the person analyse a style.eg she sees a dress and can tell immediately what was done on the outfit.is it a princess dart .gathers , V neck line etc.

5 orientation of a fashion designer. To survive in this fashion business a person needs the right orientation
Which is fashion designing as a profession is NOT CHEAP!!! If a person works with cheap fabrics all the time such a designer can never be taken seriously by those that matter in the industry. If the designer is lazy she will never see the need to work on common mistakes while sewing which would end up affecting she level of service. If a designer doesn't see the need to take pictures of their finished projects how does she want to be a trend setter in the industry. In fact to these type of "tailors" photo shoot is a luxury instead of a necessity. So we help change their orientation so that at the end they are taken seriously as professionals in the business

the ability to know these things shows a person understand the basic principles in sewing. thus we issue our certificate.

Next is the lapel/collar class.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 2:25pm On May 30, 2015
All hail our grt tutor,gbosa!gbosa!!gbosa!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ikoyila: 7:52am On May 31, 2015
hmmm... wondrfuli wondrful. jst finished reading d whole thread, from pg 1 to dis verry page. i am a very gud hairmaker, buh i tink i wil start sewin for fun.......to get my machine sooon.

tho i av dis handheld sewing machine i bought online, my mum calls me "st needle" wen am usin it. lolz

God bles u ma, mdm Val

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 31, 2015
Teeworld13:
That's my machine

Does d sewing machine have a foot pedal and can it be used when there is no light? Pls dnt ask ask me to check jumia cos I av bn there and it doesn't state this. Since u 've got it, i want to know more about it especially on those two questions I asked. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mobhorlarjee: 9:56pm On May 31, 2015
Sorry people.. Is Valisimo fashion school only meant for female fashion cos am a guy but love fashion n I'll like for both sex. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
aunty, this na waec question oooo

diegs:

Does d sewing machine have a foot pedal and can it be used when there is no light? Pls dnt ask ask me to check jumia cos I av bn there and it doesn't state this. Since u 've got it, i want to know more about it especially on those two questions I asked. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by topdiva(f): 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
val, plz ma, I wanna know when a new session for advance class is starting.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
Teeworld13:
aunty, this na waec question oooo

Na wa o. Just two questions are Waec questions. Issorite. Don't worry u shall ask questions here and they shall reply u with ur own reply. Bye anyways

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
diegs:

Na wa o. Just two questions are Waec questions. Issorite. Don't worry u shall ask questions here and they shall reply u with ur own reply. Bye anyways
[quote ]

Eh yah! No vex. That kind of sewing machine is only electrical. It cannot work with the usual foot treadle that you operate with your feet. Its is fancy, light weight and has additional zigzag and decorative stitch types. If you want a zigzag machine that you can operate with your feet then you have to buy the vintage ones. That is you cannot get them new and they even last longer since they ( vintage ones) are made of metal body unlike the new ones like the one above that are made of plastic.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 02, 2015
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 02, 2015
oh please angry angry angryall I know is this is a domestic electric sewing machine and its easier to use than the conventional manual sewing machines. About the other question, yes it has a foot pedal or whatever it's called. If you want more information, google Butterfly domestic sewing machine and stop acting like ITK. tongue

diegs:

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.