Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858291 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toyour(f): 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
This is my fabric for d cowlneck top
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Bimther: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
continue
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bafm(f): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2014
Pls continue ☺º°˚˚°ºoo,d Lord'll give u̶̲̥̅ strength τ̅☺ teach us..amen
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Shawdey(f): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
Can we go back a bit, pls? For the new folks, plssssssss

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tayben015(f): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
Pls,let's continue ooooo.....God bless you.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetose(f): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
hi everyone,i'm new here.i have been following this thread since inception but as a guest
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetose(f): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
efosa,u too much,thank u for doing this,may God richly bless u.i'm getting sewing machine dis week,hope una welcome me?

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 01, 2014
mysteriouxx:
pls Where did u get d machine nd how much?
mysteriouxx:

njel: pls which machine did u buy and how much.also ur location of purchase. Thanks
mysteriouxx:

got my tokunbo head for 15k nd bought leg 9k Alaba i asked for new one it was 23k mind u my head is not butterfly it is for normal sowing and for bag
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by iyaeji(f): 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
My fabric

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bimbam(f): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hello everyone...read all 40+ pages before Nairaland crashed...I am now ready to join in the fun. Here is my fabric for the cowl neck top:

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Peddylove(f): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thank God we're back again.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
My material. I have another one too but haven't taken a picture yet.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 5:31am On Jul 03, 2014
IDear Efosa, hw do u get d basemenet circunference of a pencil skirt or do u jus need to curve it inward without measurement?

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:42am On Jul 03, 2014
oluwaphemiee: IDear Efosa, hw do u get d basemenet circunference of a pencil skirt or do u jus need to curve it inward without measurement?

We have gone past this a long time ago o,but I never say no to a good question so here we go grin
Determining the base of a penile skirt is very easy,what ever your waist is,when making regular skirt u just deduct 1 inch from both sides starting from the thigh down to the base but that of pencil skirt u go in more than 1 inch depending on how thight you want it at the end.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by simia(f): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2014
I am a new follower, i would love to know if pencil skirt is the only one that has been done so far on here... Thank you[color=#000099][/color] smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
simia: I am a new follower, i would love to know if pencil skirt is the only one that has been done so far on here... Thank you[color=#000099][/color] smiley

No dear,we did like 5 skirts we did trouser,we did several free tops using the basic front and back bodies and different neck lines,we were on the last one when the site crashed.we had over 40+ pages which was cut down to just 4,but its all good don't worry I will still visit those topics /od willing for the sake of new folks here.wink

Back to class********************
Hummmmmm ladies I must say I am really getting inspired with all these fabrics you guys are posting here.gringrin biko keep them coming

Now let's talk about the cowl neck line
The cowl neck has one distinctive feature and that's the use of excess fabric used to form the neck line.the exccess fabric tipically sags down to for this neck line .this neck line can go with any type of sleeve,sleeveless short sleeve,qauter sleeve or lone sleeve.depending on you,you can make the front and back of the sag as cowl neck or you make only the front sag.but while measuring the fabric for the neck line,be carefull not to make it too wide as this would make it loose shape and may fall off the neck if its too bigwink

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by simia(f): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
please revisit the other items, maybe a week or a day or more ..... No knowledge would be lost to those who have been following (my plea) .. Thank you
EFOSA VAL:

No dear,we did like 5 skirts we did trouser,we did several free tops using the basic front and back bodies and different neck lines,we were on the last one when the site crashed.we had over 40+ pages which was cut down to just 4,but its all good don't worry I will still visit those topics /od willing for the sake of new folks here.wink

Back to class********************
Hummmmmm ladies I must say I am really getting inspired with all these fabrics you guys are posting here.gringrin biko keep them coming

Now let's talk about the cowl neck line
The cowl neck has one distinctive feature and that's the use of excess fabric used to form the neck line.the exccess fabric tipically sags down to for this neck line .this neck line can go with any type of sleeve,sleeveless short sleeve,qauter sleeve or lone sleeve.depending on you,you can make the front and back of the sag as cowl neck or you make only the front sag.but while measuring the fabric for the neck line,be carefull not to make it too wide as this would make it loose shape and may fall off the neck if its too bigwink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toyrus: 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Have been following before nairaland crashed,but av not been able to participate in any work.but for dis one am totally in.Well done mrs Efosa Val
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sunshyng: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Class has started alrdy! Evrybody be attentive, says class captain grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toyrus: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
@sunshyg,class captain indeed. grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
EFOSA VAL:

We have gone past this a long time ago o,but I never say no to a good question so here we go grin
Determining the base of a penile skirt is very easy,what ever your waist is,when making regular skirt u just deduct 1 inch from both sides starting from the thigh down to the base but that of pencil skirt u go in more than 1 inch depending on how thight you want it at the end.
tnx very much u are such a wonderful gift to Nigeria!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by prompt(f): 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
Who nominate u as class captain@ sunshyng lol

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bafm(f): 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dis is my material ☺º°˚˚°ºoo ,bt pls efosa ℓ̊'ll prefer τ̅☺ sew dis gown,can u̶̲̥̅ pls explain..thxs

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bafm(f): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Pls ω̴̩̩̩̥o vex say ℓ̊ munched ÿu̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ picture ☺º°˚˚°ºoo ,as in d gown.. winkPls ω̴̩̩̩̥o vex say ℓ̊ munched ÿu̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ picture ☺º°˚˚°ºoo ,as in d gown..
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 1:28am On Jul 04, 2014
EFOSA VAL: Hummmm! A lot happened while nairaland was down at valisimo fashions school o,
Frist off,we did the scholarship sellection,which many people applied for,eventually about 10 of them were called in for the interview.out of which only 6 made it physically to the school on the 24 of june 2014 for the final interview.

At the end of the whole interview 4 winners where sellected for the free tution while the other 2 wear giving juw dropping discounts.it was a fair sellection and the school was in a giving spirit coz the initial plan was to pick just 2 but they ended up with 4 thanks to the madam her self.

After that day people who missed the free offer kept calling the offical line and asking when we would do it again and how the school would compensate them,so our madam came up with this genus idea of a code system
Now if you are sure of registering for any of the at our school next week, u ping or call to get a code which automatically qualifies you for an amazing discount.you give ur full name as well so the admin personal can identifiy you with the code giving.the code offer will last for only this coming week
Call 08096577157 or ping-2B08881A

As for our online class here, I think we should vote on what to do.

Do we go back to the begining or do we just continue from where we stoped

So just type Go back. Or Continue then we take it from there.
let's go back ooooo cox I need refreshment

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Annie09: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2014
Go back pls for the sake of newbies like me. Tanks

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Shawdey(f): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
Dunno if I should wait till Ma'am Efosa attends to d new folks or I should jump into d cowl neck thing
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sunshyng: 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ma, d class is waiting for d crowl neck lasson now and we are all ready, @Toyrus and Prompt, u will knw soonest, LMAO, all s just to kep d class lively.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by prompt(f): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
Efosa my mentor we are ready to move on @ sunshyng I feel u jor, one luv.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
Oh my people, grin wink cheesy am so delighted reading all your comments (plus the class captain tin sha) grin I have all I need for the tutorial ,but I beg to post them tomorrow.I am so tired and sleepy right now. God willing I will upload an A-Z lesson on cowl neck line so we can do small revision as requested by some.plus my network isn't so friendly tonight

Edited by me January 2017...to add the following information

My DVD. Also talks about different neck lines asides from this cowl neck line.am so excited that you can now practice at home with my DVD.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toyrus: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2014
@sunshyng and prompt I dey felll u one love jare.@ our oga @ d top may God strengten U.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by VikkyD(f): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2014
This thread has really been a blessing. Thank you Mrs Efosa for this. More Grace to you ma. Patiently waiting for the class to continue wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.