Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858212 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by dfaheedat: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2015
pls madam efosa, have bin following ur thread ,but am still confuse abt how to cut padded blouse like Igbo blouse

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bbeckky: 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
Can anyone please put me through how to cut the armhole? Plsssss. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bbeckky: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
[size=18pt]VOTE FOR YOUR VERY OWN SCHOOL. VALISIMO FASHION and MAKEUP SCHOOL
[/size]

Kindly vote us in by clicking the link below wink grin

Thanks abisolaarshow. ..... wink I like that multiple device voting approach. It's brilliant grin. So let's all do so please please please ([s]am almost sounding like MTN project fame contestant here)
[/s] grin tongue but this means a lot to us at VALISIMO and we would appreciate your vote thanks
Of course sis, u have the votes even without pleading
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by almuqeet: 5:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Madam Efosa, well done ma, when is class resuming. We are seriously waiting. Thanks for your kind gesture.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2015
almuqeet:
Madam Efosa, well done ma, when is class resuming. We are seriously waiting. Thanks for your kind gesture.

These classes are always very good with illustration and pictures I use the Facebook group page more because I can post many pictures, here its a challenge to send 1picture in, infact I have to resize which takes more time. So the free classes never stopped it just changed its lecture location to the link below. Just request to join the group and u can ask me any questions you want
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2015
almuqeet:

These classes are always very good with illustration and pictures I use the Facebook group page more because I can post many pictures, here its a challenge to send 1picture in, infact I have to resize which takes more time. So the free classes never stopped it just changed its lecture location to the link below. Just request to join the group and u can ask me any questions you want
https://m./176771132388378

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by almuqeet: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Thanks, i have already joined the Facebook group.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omolarjeg(f): 10:22am On Sep 22, 2015
Thank you madam valisimo for refering me to this page.Am loving what am reading here.kudos to you grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
[size=18pt] Video Class Alert
*** Valisimo video is out ***[/size]

Am so excited, grin follow link below to watch it on our website. wink

First thanks to you for voting and sharing the voting link to others.

Here is the video link hope you enjoy it. shear it with friends too and always go back there for more videos

http://valisimofashions.com/blog/valisimo-fashions-online-tutorial-on-presentation/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:23am On Sep 23, 2015
grin grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:40am On Sep 23, 2015
Explained this style on Facebook recently thought I shear it here also.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:51am On Sep 23, 2015
The style above is for those who are more advanced in sewing because it's a combination of 3 or 4 technic in sewing.

* yock insertion
* bust cut/bust pad
* half cut length
* pleating over the half cut length on the blouse
* basic kneel length skirt
* full flare, knee to hem line attachments
* zip inclusion on the blouse and skirt
* lining finishing on the blouse and the skirt.

This is what differentiate the advanced sewing from the basis once....... The ability to combine several methods of sewing in one project helps us to access an individual's level of sewing wink

Many people have been asking me about how to add breastpad to their garments so I shall be explaining another one here soon so get ready. wink

5 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bellatom: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2015
Thank you ma'am, curiosity is killing me
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sharklami: 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Good job madam valisimo, may Almighty continue to bless and reward u abundantly. Ameen

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by cigwegbe(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
The Cece Line Debuts Their Collection. See the latest pics on the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626552/cece-line-debuts-collection#38409887
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2015
sharklami:
Good job madam valisimo, may Almighty continue to bless and reward u abundantly. Ameen

Amen

Here is the style for the breastpad Tutorial we are working on next

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:52am On Sep 29, 2015
[size=18pt]Padded Breaston pad Tutorial
[/size]

So first the measurement
(Note that this is free hand method)

Shoulder or Back -16
Neck depth -8
Sleeve length 10

Bust Length, Bust circumfrence

Upper bust 8 , 40
Bust point 10, 42
Under bust 13, 38

Waist 16, 36
Hip 23, 46

Full length 58

Now time to cut my front and back bodice, the band, the sleeve and the full flare skirt.

To cut the front bodice which would be like a tube,I would need the following measurement areas

Neck depth and all the bust measurements by length and circumference

Next with I divide the biggest measurement part of my bust to give me the front and back bodice measurement

42÷2 =21 (meaning 21 inch for front 21 inch for the )

Using the 21inch , I add seam allowance for side seams and center then I cut it by my half length or waist length deducting the sleeve area out.

Next I indicate with lines where my upper bust ,bust, and under bust should be . then I deducted some 6 inch for the neck and the off shoulder sleeve.
Time for pictures wink so u don't get confused.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:12am On Sep 29, 2015
I add seam allowance to the cuts on the sides

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by njel(f): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
@ madam efosa,thank u very much cos i ve been waiting for this tutorial. More power to ur elbow and may almighty God bless and grant u, ur heart desires. Amen

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
njel:
@ madam efosa,thank u very much cos i ve been waiting for this tutorial. More power to ur elbow and may almighty God bless and grant u, ur heart desires. Amen

Awwwww you are, welcome. grin

But forgive me, I would put this tutorial on hold for just some time, I want to share something with you, please dear wink I promise I will start from where I stopped. Biko wink cheesy

First our promo is back o, so many people have been asking us about it.so call or WhatsApp us on 08096577157 for more details. grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
[size=18pt]My ECOMMIUM MAGAZINE WRITEUP[/size]

On Sunday, I was contacted by a representative from Ecommium Magazine to write a short colum on how a person can dress well,and not spend too much.

.....This was what I wrote , i thought I should shear it with u, it was published today in their magazine. So go get a copy out there. Enjoy the writeup. wink grin

The Expression "Dress the you want to be addressed" might be seen by some as an excuse to spend more than their budget or income

but I as a fashion designer personally don't believe in the concept of breaking ones bank acount just to look good, because let's face it, every new outfit becomes an old one after the first use.

Irrespective of that, I strongly support the idea of good dressing because I understand the importance of appearance with respect to how others see and interact with us as individuals. More so when dressing has gone past the era of simply wearing cloths just as cover for the body, all thanks to changing trends and the dynamism of fashion in our multi cultural society.

However,To dress well and have a good wardrobe without spending too much one could consider the following tips.

1, Go for bright colours when selecting clothing items, most times a bright coloured outfit would get noticed faster than an expensive one that's dull.

2.Replicate already made deigns with substitute fabrics I.e if a desired design comes with a particular material, its not compulsory to use the exact fabric in your design since some other fabrics can give the same effect as the original design when properly combined.

3.Go for Dazzling fabrics,
Dazzling fabrics speak volumes, making the outfit look naturally expensive and classy without necessarily costing a fortune.

4 Embellishments
cheap fabrics can be upgraded with simple embellishment using harbashery items such as stones, beads studs etc.

5. know your body type and shape .there are different body shapes and sizes,therefore it's not every piece of clothing that would fit you even though it's your size.knowing what works for you at all times would enable you constantly look good.

Suggesting selections or combinations might be a bit tricky or tasking especially when this depends largely on individual preference, the occasion or social status of the personality in question .
However Some fabrics and colors work better when combined bearing in mind the image the individual intends to portray. dark colors work better with lighter shades especially when used around the lower torso while brighter colors however could be embellished for extra effects on the upper bodice

Remember that dressing is not limited to wearing clothes alone thus, adorning ones self with a charming smile will definitely get heads turning in your direction, and that my friend will cost you nothing financially. grin

Valerie Boglo,
CEO Valisimo Fashions.

Lady in picture Bukky Wright popular Nigerian actresses

5 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by florakims(f): 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
Wow oh wow. Madam Efosa, u are a rare gem and a blessing. Thanks so much for your selfless acts, may God reward you ma. You shall find favour everywhere you go

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ojaysport: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
[size=18pt]Padded Breaston pad Tutorial
[/size]

So first the measurement
(Note that this is free hand method)

Shoulder or Back -16
Neck depth -8
Sleeve length 10

Bust Length, Bust circumfrence

Upper bust 8 , 40
Bust point 10, 42
Under bust 13, 38

Waist 16, 36
Hip 23, 46

Full length 58

Now time to cut my front and back bodice, the band, the sleeve and the full flare skirt.

To cut the front bodice which would be like a tube,I would need the following measurement areas

Neck depth and all the bust measurements by length and circumference

Next with I divide the biggest measurement part of my bust to give me the front and back bodice measurement

42÷2 =21 (meaning 21 inch for front 21 inch for the )

Using the 21inch , I add seam allowance for side seams and center then I cut it by my half length or waist length deducting the sleeve area out.

Next I indicate with lines where my upper bust ,bust, and under bust should be . then I deducted some 6 inch for the neck and the off shoulder sleeve.
Time for pictures wink so u don't get confused.
you have done well madam God bless ur wisdom, i'm interested in sewing male cloths, can you help in that area?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by olubukola07(f): 8:10am On Oct 02, 2015
Goodday sis, you are really appreciated for the great job you are doing here, God BLESS You plenty.
Pls ma, there is this neckline I'm particualrly interested in how to cut, that's the cowl neck. Kindly assist with that.
Find attached a sample picture

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by abisolaarshow(f): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2015
@ olubukola07 go to page 6
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by simplejayy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
madam do you sew or offer training for guys interested in sewing for guys?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
weldone ma .....please ma can one get tools from ur school ....tools like tracing wheels ...curves ...etc ... thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
madam val please help me....i always have issues with my sleeve amd armhole....pls whats the right way to go about it..help me
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by almuqeet: 12:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Madam val, please how do I get the measuring tools used in sewing?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
florakims:
Wow oh wow. Madam Efosa, u are a rare gem and a blessing. Thanks so much for your selfless acts, may God reward you ma. You shall find favour everywhere you go

Amen, Bless you my sis wink thanks ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
simplejayy:
madam do you sew or offer training for guys interested in sewing for guys?

I do both

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.