Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858308 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Kickair:
weldone ma .....please ma can one get tools from ur school ....tools like tracing wheels ...curves ...etc ... thanks

Yes you can
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
madam val please help me....i always have issues with my sleeve amd armhole....pls whats the right way to go about it..help me

Go to page 36 for sleeves
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
almuqeet:
Madam val, please how do I get the measuring tools used in sewing?

They are sold Round
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Back to where we stopped on padded bust Tutorial

EFOSAVAL:
[size=18pt]Padded Breast pad Tutorial
[/size]
So first the measurement
(Note that this is free hand method)
Shoulder or Back -16
Neck depth -8
Sleeve length 10
Bust Length, Bust circumfrence
Upper bust 8 , 40
Bust point 10, 42
Under bust 13, 38
Waist 16, 36
Hip 23, 46
Full length 58
Now time to cut my front and back bodice, the band, the sleeve and the full flare skirt.
To cut the front bodice which would be like a tube,I would need the following measurement areas
Neck depth and all the bust measurements by length and circumference
Next with I divide the biggest measurement part of my bust to give me the front and back bodice measurement
42÷2 =21 (meaning 21 inch for front 21 inch for the )
Using the 21inch , I add seam allowance for side seams and center then I cut it by my half length or waist length deducting the sleeve area out.
Next I indicate with lines where my upper bust ,bust, and under bust should be . then I deducted some 6 inch for the neck and the off shoulder sleeve.
Time for pictures wink so u don't get confused.

[size=18pt]Promised to complete this kindly [/size]
Follow the Facebook group for the complete breastpad Tutorial. Read all posts from Valerie Boglo to get all. https://m./176771132388378?view=permalink&id=958650594200424&fs=2

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Go to page 36 for sleeves
thank u ma....i was the one who asked u on facebook too
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by FavourEmma: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls..I need a unisex fashion designer in Port Harcourt...help me pls...
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2015
Good morning Mam, yesterday I wanted to learn how to pad cos I learnt sewing for only a month I had to stop because of school, so I had some pieces to try out when I had finished I was so angry it didn't come out well, so I googled and lo I saw your page and I was thrilled I followed the page in instagram youtube and Facebook. Your pafe is very very enlightening and following from kano thank you very very much Mam

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by florakims(f): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Amen, Bless you my sis wink thanks ma
Its my pleasure ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by MsBella: 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hello,

This is an amazing thread! I have liked your page on Facebook and I am a JJC in sewing.

I want to get a particular sewing machine and would appreciate it if I can be directed to where I can get this machine. I am not in Lagos but if it happens that I can get it there or anywhere else I will find a way to get it. This is the machine - Singer Stylist 7258 machine.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by princessrahy(f): 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
Finally I am here, I have really learn a lot from your trend even though I am a fashion designer myself, you have made me fall in love with fashion designing all over again. More grease to your elbow. I can't wait for my maternity leave to end so that I can go back. Thumb up.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayoniakins(f): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]finally......i am here! Thanks to our Madam
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by khatea: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Hummmm never heard that before grin but am curious
To learn how that would work.lets use my bust measurement.
My bust is 42.
42÷4 =10.5
Close but not exactly what I use.i mostly use 9 inches for my armhole.

For me I respect other people's methods and ideology when it comes to being creative on this job. so if you have tried it and it works for u fantastic. wink but if you think it's not working for you and u would like to adopt a new please feel free. wink

in other news
....I was so busy today doing a personal photo shoot today once I get the edited pictures I shall post them here...plus it's my birthday on Friday yeeeeep grin so na all weekend jolly I dey so o........grin

What I learnt for getting armhole is (Burst/4) - 1 for a clothe with sleeve and (Burst/4) - 1.5 for a sleeveless dress tho. Would try out Urs ma'm, thumbs up always Madam Valerie

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by hawdi(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2015
Retroshawty
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bbeckky: 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
tushwitch:
I finally did it!, tis loose and pretty...lol
Pls tushwitch what material did u use for the dominant part? I mean the white material
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:18am On Oct 20, 2015
Hi everyone grin kindly follow the Facebook group Valisimo Fashions sew for fun group for more interesting question and answer just on Fashions and sewing tips.

Here is the complete part of the breastpad Tutorial. I keep trying to upload pictures here but some how I can't seem to do this simple thing like b4. Anyway I figured if I post the link you would still get it. Enjoy and make sure you do it and post the pictures at the end thanks.

https://m./176771132388378?view=permalink&id=958650594200424&fs=2
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bbeckky: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
Pls whr can one get materials like this except on Island?
cheries:

Happy New year all....
This is my fabric. ........ can't wait for the tutorial to start.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by abisolaarshow(f): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
PAGE REFERENCES

Page 2: Pencil Skirt
Page 6: Cowl neck top
Page 8: 5 basic blocks
Page 10: Skirts
Page 11:Gathered Skirts
Page 13; Free dress
Page 16: Peplum top
Page 19: Six pieces skirt
Page 24: Off shoulder blouse
Page 27: Full flare dress
Page 30: Female trouser
Page 35: Mini dress lesson
Page 37: Sleeves
page 40&42: Off shoulder blouse
Page 41: Simple pencil dress
Page 43: Iro & Buba
Page 45: collars / Lapels
Page 49; Long Chiffon dress
Page 50: How to develop your fashion brand
Page 50: Jumpsuit
Page 52: Breast pad tutorial.

cc. Madam Boglo Valerie, Kindly help to move to the front page for the newbies to have easy access or for easy reference. Thank you and God bless you abundantly. (any other person that has a post on front page can help too. thnx)

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by texanomaly(f): 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
Wow...thanks^^^
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Anistef: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
abisolaarshow:
PAGE REFERENCES

Page 13; Free dress
Page 51: Breast pad tutorial.

cc. Madam Boglo Valerie, Kindly help to move to the front page for the newbies to have easy access or for easy reference. Thank you and God bless you abundantly. (any other person that has a post on front page can help too. thnx)

Tanx so much for ur help u jst made it easy for al
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sallyopy(f): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Hummmm where do I start from grin
Missed you all . hope you all have been having a great time. I have been having frequently busy days that I don't even know how I manage it anymore. Plus Posting here got a little difficult for me as uploading became a challenge due to bad network in my area. I think it's better now thou so you will likely see more post from me here. You should join the Facebook group too. Called " Valisimo Fashions sew for fun"

For those who are not on Facebook I will first post some stuffs I posted on the Facebook group here too to keep u updated. wink
u are one of a kind. only few business owners can do what u r doing, I follow ur Facebook page nd I wish I can just be an open minded boss like u. madam u really indid inspires me nd I love u for dt. keep up d good work.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by akorangela(f): 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
abisolaarshow:
PAGE REFERENCES

Page 13; Free dress

God bless you dearie
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by akorangela(f): 11:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Pla ma Val i need this books how much ? I
STAY IN Abuja wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
pls madam efosa I need the dressmaking books how much OR if your DVD is ready how much? I need your whatsapp number
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nawtibownie: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
Aunty toyour, I need your help please. I'm having issues with getting the cut pattern of a cowl neck top and this my French boss isn't helping my situation. sad
Thank you ma.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toyour(f): 12:25am On Oct 31, 2015
I hope dis will b helpful

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by nawtibownie: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thank you very much ma. God bless you. I'll send a picture after I've tried it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
Amazing. .....abisola.thanks for taking the trouble to arrange the topics. Would not have even attempted to ... shocked .Thanks so much.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
[size=28pt]Valisimo Fashion School Curriculum
Break Down
[/size]

We are located at number 2 akinwale street ogba lagos opposite nation wide filling station.

For the fashion classes we have the 3 months as well as the 6 months category

The 3 months basic class is the introductory class into fashion
We have sets of practicals for this group to enable you achieve 5 main objectives after the course.
1, familiarise yourself with fashion terms /principles Understand what the programme would require from you in terms of time and energy and finance.

2 learn how to take accurate measurements

3 learn how to cut by transferring measurements to fabric . understand how to create and cut the basic bodice

4 learn how to sew using the sewing machine.

5, learn how to sew and use basic sewing methods such as gathers pleats, flear, etc on your basic bodice.

From for this category is 5k Fees 80k, Exams -10k =95k

If you pay full you get a gift item from us for the promo.

For the 6 months Advanced class.we have several practicals to enable you achieve the following after the programme.

1 Introduction to volumed outfits. By this you
learn how to sew those different basic sewing methods with more fabric unlike what you did in the basic class.

2 learn finishing on garments. How you can make a regular fabric look expensive at the end of your sewing.

3, learn speed and accuracy. how to meet deadlines.....and how to work under pressure as this is what the real world of fashion designing requires.

4, you will be taught how to have confidence in your sewing ability. ..thus all the elaborate designs will be done solely by you.

5, showcasing your designs to the world by making you do your project as photo shoot and possibly a fashion show but only if you are an exceptional students.

Form 5k, fees 135k, Exam 10 × 2 =20k( basic and advanced exam)
=160k
Please note that for each category you should have about 70% of the fabric required for your programme which would be seen and approved. As we don't like stories of I don't have fabric to practice

Our free gift promo is on and ends 30 of December. 2015. Don't miss it this year. grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
abisolaarshow:
PAGE REFERENCES

Page 13; Free dress

You're such a darling!
Sorting this out would definitely take time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.