Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (857851 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:07pm On May 13, 2016
Thanks everyone...... OK let me start by posting so tutorials I posted on the Facebook group.

[size=28pt]How to make this style [/size]

This style is what I would describe as a gathers or pleated layer design with a corset bodice.

To make the layers, cut 2 semi - circles
Also cut your desired length for the gathers or pleats. Now sew the fabric for the pleats in between the 2 semi - circles, after wards turn it inside out to make the pleats part visible.

Placing the layers on the flear.
After making the layers to your desired size shape and length next place it on the full flare skirt you already cut. The placement should be done in such a way that all layers over lap each other.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:13pm On May 13, 2016
[size=18pt]Student Practical At Valisimo Fashion School . [/size]

This design was made by Amina Bello at Valisimo Fashion School. It's so lovely I thought I should analysis it abit so that one or two people can make it also.

Let's look at the dress in sections,

the bodice ,
the sleeve,
the lap to the hem line

Neck line on the bodice is round neck measuring about 5 to 6 inches down. The front block is cut into 3 .this is a type of princess cut where the line starts from the neck down instead of the line starting from the armpit or shoulder. It's also a popular type of cut because the darts are sown into the lines , giving it a perfect fit at the end.

The sleeve is not lined like other parts of the dress but it's cut to fit ,meaning that there is little or no allowance on it.

The lap to the hem line is cut as flear and later gathered to create fullness.(you can add hard net to yours for extra volume) kiss

Over all the dress was lined form shoulder down and zip at the back......

The designer , model plus the makeup artists did so well in this picture . grin cheesy
I love it.... Don't you just love it too.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:34pm On May 13, 2016
OK I have some many students practical to show you. And trust me they are all lovely. wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:45pm On May 13, 2016
Yes I told you they were lovely wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by runathread: 4:10pm On May 13, 2016
Congratulation, thank God for the gift of a baby, she will grow to bring joy to you. Its so good to have you back.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by IfyEks: 7:55pm On May 14, 2016
They are really beautiful...And I'm so in love with the fabulous male outfits
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:56am On May 15, 2016
IfyEks:
They are really beautiful...And I'm so in love with the fabulous male outfits

Thanks cheesy

runathread:
Congratulation, thank God for the gift of a baby, she will grow to bring joy to you. Its so good to have you back.

Amen
Thanks so much wink

A recent poll on our Facebook group

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:36pm On May 15, 2016
;OK so I posted a poll On our Facebook group of what topic people would want me to teach them......... grin the response was very scary shocked over 700 comments requesting for different topics to be taught. Anyway after careful counting, Female Trouser won the first tutorials. So I am gonna start that, on Facebook as well post it here wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:07pm On May 15, 2016
[size=18pt]Female Trouser Tutorial
[/size]

1) Introduction to Female Trouser
2) Principles of Crotch.
3) Crotch relationship With leg area of the trouser
4) Pant trouser adaptation and variation
5) Measurements areas for female pants.
6) Constructing a trouser pattern

INTRODUCTION TO FEMALE TROUSER.
Ladies often want to look smart, and the female Trouser just offers them the choice of looking smart always. There are different types of pants trousers, the variations could be seen in the length and fit of the Crotch area as well as the leg area.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:57pm On May 15, 2016
[size=18pt]History of Trousers. [/size]

During the end of the 18th century, and the beginning of the 19th century some notable women went down in history for promoting bifurcated dresses. Mrs Amelia Bloomer was one of such women. According to history ,she advocated for dress reforms, this was where female Trousers were first seen. People's reaction then towards the introduction of bifurcated outfits was mixed grin angry as some embraced it while others thought it was nuts..... shocked lipsrsealed angry

Thank goodness today that we can now wear trousers as one of our daily outfits and not think too much about what others say....... . Hummmm [s]I know some churches will beg to differ on this[/s] shocked wink tongue grin sister Caro kiss

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:04pm On May 15, 2016
The word bifurcate simply means - split into two halfs, thus having right side and left side.

It's therefore safe to say trousers are simply bifurcated skirts or dresses wink

Valisimo 2016 grin or Efosaval 2016

chai (am covering my face right now) * cool

OK jokes apart let's see some unique features the trouser has wink

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
[size=18pt]Principles of Crotch [/size]

The Crotch area is the part that joins the right leg and the left leg together at the center. The length starts from the center front waist to the center back waist. Crotch simply enables us have variations in our trousers..... That's to say if your Crotch is loose it will give you a type of look. If your Crotch is fitted it will also give you another type of look. The looseness or firm fit of your Crotch directly affects the lap area.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:41pm On May 15, 2016
Remember what I said about loose and fitted crotch, let's see some design variation using the crotch area analysis. The first picture shows a fitted crotch while the second shows a loose and elongated crotch

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:05pm On May 15, 2016
[size=18pt]Crotch Relationship with Hip and Leg Area[/size]

If the crotch area is loose the hip area will not be fitted .But if the crotch area is fitted then it will be very firm at the hip. Imagine how the jeans trouser feels on the body.
In diagram below
1 Culotte - fabric hangs loose on the crotch area, hip and loose leg area.
2 Pant Trouser. - fabric hangs away from the buttocks, free on the lap
3 Slacks - fabric cups around the hip area with firm crotch, not too free on the lap.
4 Jeans- fabric cups around the crotch and hip area also very fitted on the lap.

******Note how they look around the abdomen and bottom area

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:13pm On May 15, 2016
[size=18pt]Understanding the crotch terminologies /crotch measurement. [/size]

Crotch - the area where the right leg is joined to the left side.
Crotch depth- the length from waist to under side of a lady or on the trouser. it's also called the Rise by some designers.
Crotch extention The area around the lower hip where the two legs meet.
Crotch point. The end where the crotch extention ends and meets each other.
Out seam - seams seen on the sides.
Inseam-seams between the legs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:21pm On May 15, 2016
[size=18pt]How To Measure The Crotch [/size]

Many people ask me how to measure a person's crotch, expecially for ladies. putting ones tape rule in certain areas can really be disturbing lipsrsealed undecided sad but don't worry there are different ways of measuring the crotch which doesn't necessarily entail you going through with your tape rule to those disturbing areas. wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bebe2(f): 7:29pm On May 15, 2016
EFOSAVAL:
Hummmm so much has happened to me in the couple months that just passed by but I am glad that God has taken control of every thing concerning me and my family

Yes I have my bundle of joy now and adapting to motherhood a second time just feels like the first time. My little one came at an amazing 25weeks shocked stayed in the hospital in an incubator for more than 2 months but glory be to God for she is now home with us getting stronger every day.

I can't explain the range of emotions I had to go through during those periods but I can proudly say that God was with us all the way through. Help me thank God for his mercy on us. Now let's Welcome my second princess kiss

More tutorials here coming soon wink

oh wa oo

God bless ur family.

congratulations on the new baby.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by BaeloPiz(f): 12:02am On May 16, 2016
EFOSAVAL:
This is to say that we can have an hour glass shapes woman in small size medium size or large size as long as we can identify her key measurement areas and they meet the requrement of an hour glass.

Time for pictureswink

Here is an hour glass shape
Please is hourglass not figure 8?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mayorchem(f): 7:13am On May 16, 2016
Good morning, please can any one send the e-book to my mail, Thanks in advance.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mayorchem(f): 7:13am On May 16, 2016
Good morning, please can any one send the e-book to my mail, Thanks in advance.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2016
EFOSAVAL:
[size=18pt]How To Measure The Crotch [/size]

Many people ask me how to measure a person's crotch, expecially for ladies. putting ones tape rule in certain areas can really be disturbing lipsrsealed undecided sad but don't worry there are different ways of measuring the crotch which doesn't necessarily entail you going through with your tape rule to those disturbing areas. wink
tnx for dis insight ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ebereofoegbu: 9:31am On May 18, 2016
HELLO MA, NICE JOB U ARE DOING . GOD BLESS U. PLS CAN I GET THE E-BOOK AND PROBABLY PDF TEACHINGS TOO. ebereoluronke@yahoo.com. THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:56pm On May 18, 2016
[size=18pt]Measurements areas needed for trouser. [/size]

Waist
Hip
Crouch depth
Thigh circumference
Knee circumference
Half length (waist to Knee)
Ankle circumference
Full length.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:59pm On May 18, 2016
Usually your hip circumference would be more than the waist and more than the thigh circumference

So you divide the hip measurement into 4 to create the foundation of the trouser block..

Waist measurement also would be divided into 4.

Thigh, knee, and the ankle circumference are to be divide into 2 for each leg.

Note that after all these divisions you are to add seam allowance to the measurement for sewing..

First diagram- fold the fabric into 4 using the hip measurement as the foundation.

Next diagram. Usually for me, I mark out the crotch measuring 3 inch from one conner of my fabric by my crotch depth measurement to get the crotch area.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:22pm On May 18, 2016
To shape the trouser
Now link the waist to the crotch area, define the waist, link the waist to the hip on the out seam area. What ever your thigh knee and ankle is, also indicate it so you can link the lines together.

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:41pm On May 18, 2016
Now there are different ways of cutting a regular trouser.

Some cut it in such a way that all four blocks are equally. Eg 2 front blocks, 2 back blocks..

Another way is to let the front block be small, while the back block is bigger. As long as you come back to the exact measurements when you are done

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:20pm On May 18, 2016
Look at the different diagrams closely.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:23pm On May 18, 2016
Lastly once you get the crotch area, the leg part becomes a matter of choice. Fitted, bell bottom, palazzo, slack etc

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by 93damsel(f): 6:32pm On May 18, 2016
Madamval, pls wot will be the measurement of d crotch depth at the waist , am not talking about the length down the hip, but the width at the waist
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Besty123T: 2:16pm On May 19, 2016
Thanks so much madam Efosa, God bless you for this detailed tutorial. How is the little princess doing?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by blessedqueen(f): 2:40pm On May 19, 2016
Good day everyone please I need help oh..... Pls how do I sew dis style.....please am begging you all don't ignore my post, any idea is welcomed Thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.