Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help (19313 Views)

Pls I Do I Knw A Gud Laptop?pls Help / Hack Admin Account From Guest Account And Change The Password Forever! / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by poelut: 4:10am On Oct 09, 2014
Do you have a password reset disk? If you have, just insert it and follow the instruction, if you have no disk, I suggest you can use some Windows password recovery tool, there are many, you can search on Google
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by syntax3rror: 12:50am On Oct 25, 2014
Well, it would be helpful if you could have mentioned what OS/version you are running, I will go ahead and assume that you are on Windows. This technique will work for most any operating system, though. If there are files on the disk that you need to recover, then it is actually pretty easy to get ahold of them without even booting into Windows. What you need to do is go on another computer and go to kali.org, and download the Kali Linux .iso file. Make sure that you are getting the right one, if you get a 64 bit file for a 32 bit system then you are screwed, so be sure and get the one that is compatible with your hardware. If you do not know whether you are on a 32 or 64 bit system, you can look on the computer next to the keyboard, there are usually stickers that say this. Once you have the Kali .iso file, burn it to a DVD or USB drive, either one will work. Be sure to burn it as an image instead of burning the files. If you are on a *nix system, you can run this command from a terminal to burn it quickly and easily without installing anything: dd if=~/path_to_kali.iso of=/dev/disk2s1 bs=512k conv=noerror,sync. Replace ~/path_to_kali.iso with the actual location of the Kali Linux iso file that you downloaded, and replace /dev/disk2s1 with the device node for your USB/DVD. If you are on Windows then you will need to use burning software I think. Now take your drive with Linux on it and shut down the computer, put the drive in and reboot while holding down F12 to enter the BIOS boot menu. Select your USB/DVD drive from the menu and then hit enter to boot from it. If everything went well, you should now be greeted by a red and blue screen with several options on it. Select the one that says something like Live Usb Install (Persistence), and hit enter again, and boot into Kali.

So now you can go ahead and click the icon on the desktop that says Computer. On the top left it should have a list of other volumes on the disk. One of those is your operating system with all of the files that you need on it. Double click on that, and find the files that you need, and save them to your USB stick/DVD drive.

Now, you can reinstall Windows (or if you like, you can get your hands on a good Unix/Linux system, I recommend Debian ;] ), and once that is done, just boot into Kali again and transfer your files back onto your hard disk. Kind of a hassle, but short of something like bruteforcing the admin password, which would take ages and ages and probably kill your CPU, or something like resetting the NVRAM, which might or might not affect the actual OS, I don't really see how else to get back in. How the hell did you manage to forget your own password anyway? Unless you are like me, and make twenty-five character passwords because you are paranoid, I don't see how it could happen. Probably a good idea to have two or even three admin accounts for redundancy, so there is a greater chance that you will remember the pass for at least one of them and not be locked out forever, like you are now.

Before you run off and format your disk, though, let me give you a little advice. Sit down in a nice quiet room for a minute, and close your eyes. Try to clear your mind of any and all distractions or errant thoughts. Now start to think about your computer. Focus your mind on that time when you last changed your password. What were you thinking? What was going through your head? Slowly become aware of the password returning to your memory. You remember now! It all becomes clear! You changed it to "icanhazpasswordz" late last Wednesday night!

No but really, see if you can remember it XD. Good luck with your password troublez.
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by weezii(m): 10:13am On Oct 26, 2014
I have successfully performed a password recovery on a laptop shipped from US locKed to Sams network without formatting it.

This is to tell you that there's a solution out there that won't require u to format ur system. But only issue is you'll be needing an extra system to create a bootable password recovery disk for a software you get online.

Am sorry I can't give you the facts as per all the details you need cos its been over 2years I did this. But you can get the info through google. Just key in the right words and you'll get what ur looking for.

My suggestion is this, don't format yet try out other solutions first before resorting to that...Goodluck!
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by Chottle90: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
I once forgot my admin password to my HP laptop. At the end I got a video guide and with the program in the video I succeed to remove the lost password. You can check it out below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLpObVggJA
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by dioss: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
bighead1:
People pls is there any software or alternative that I can use in unlocking my laptop as I've forgotten the password used.

Thanks

Hi, if it is windows password download 'pc unlocker' in .ISO format. Burn it into a blank cd then startup the system with the cd. But if it is a 'power on password' contact me via 08036409952....cause procedure is somehow technical.
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by Joseph91: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2014
Try the program in this video to reset the forgotten password:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ElhH80rLXw
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by phinix: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Guy its very easy I have done it more times than I can remember..there's a Microsoft utility called red commander u can download erd60.iso from any torrent site, burn it on a CDROM and restart your PC from the CDROM as first boot device, follow the on-screen instructions till you get to the programs page this is where u find all the different functions performed by this utility locate a program called locksmith and just enter any password of your choice ..you will be prompted to restart your PC..@ the login screen you will be asked to change your password @ first login...Bingo u are done. grin

1 Like

Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by Goodjayrecords(m): 12:01am On Dec 08, 2014
Buy your Avast Internet Security 2014 -
3years/1 user @ the rate of NGN4,999

Genuine License Key

www.virgincodestore.com/product/avast-
internet-security-2014-3-years1-user/

Call: +2348146498562
Whatsapp: +2348083077125
BBM: 2A29EA18
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 12, 2014
follow this link for a simple video tutorial for all windows O.S
courtesy chudetv.com (by Nigerians, for Nigerians)

http://chudetv.com/How-To-Hack-into-a-Passworded-Windows-Computer-System-EDUCATIONAL_v1013
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by gorgeousnogo(f): 4:16am On Mar 05, 2016
legalwealth:

You can't just conclude that way as it has happened to me before when the screen of my Toshiba broke and I had to leave it at home for some times till I fixed the screen.

Upon fixing the screen and it booted the windows 7 ultimate installed on it asking for its password,I couldn't remember it.
I couldn't format it because I have some applications installed that I didn't wanted to loose them because I won't be able to get them back.

I performed the Magic and my PC Windows 7 ultimate booted without requesting for the password in which I now set a new one on it.

It can also happen as a result of malware effects.Aside that,two or more people can be using a PC and one of them changed the password without remembering what he/she used.

Always reason before jumping into conclusion on any case as you need to investigate.

Hi.. I changed my password two days ago.. I'm using windows 10 on my laptop.. Have been trying all day to log back in.. Could you help me hack it or anything.. Thanks... Please reply it's urgent
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by gorgeousnogo(f): 4:35am On Mar 05, 2016
onegig:

Yeah..... Just like we bill all of those seeking help on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/301179/post-computer-pc-troubles-here/388

If you don't have anything to say then just pass and keep mute.

Maybe you could show me anyone i have asked for money just to fix anything.

What you lot don't understand is putting such a tweak in the open is unethical and might fall into the wrong hands who would misuse it.

I have asked him for proof of ownership. If he can present it then viola in 3 minutes he would have regained the control of his system.

Hi.. I changed my password two days ago.. I'm using windows 10 on my laptop.. Have been trying all day to log back in.. Could you help me hack it or anything.. Thanks... Please reply it's urgent
Re: I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help by legalwealth(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
gorgeousnogo:

I don't know much about hacking into windows 10. Kindly check Google for possible solutions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help / How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / A Tokunbo Screen Printing Machine For Sale (work Horse) With Industrial Dryer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.