Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,999 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge (13287 Views)

How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT / Reading Your Friend's Text Messages / Lovely Text Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2013

At CES 2014, LG plans to demo a new technology that will let users control smart appliances via simple text messages from an Android device and other supported platforms.

LG’s HomeChat technology, combined with the popular mobile messenger Line, will let users send simple messages to their appliances – provided these are smart devices – from a variety of mobile devices and computers. Line is available on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Nokia Asha, Windows and OS X, while the HomeChat service will take advantage of a Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology.

Thus, home appliances will be pre-programmed to respond to simple text messages and react accordingly. For example, texting “I’m going on vacation” in HomeChat will get you an automatic response from a gadget such as “Should I convert to vacation mode?”. An affirmative answer from you will turn on vacation mode:

“[…] turn on the refrigerator’s power-saving mode, set the robotic vacuum cleaner to sweep the floor at 09:00 every day and set the washing machine to run a wash cycle on the day before your return.”

Initially, the text commands and answers will be available in English and Korean, with more commands to be added in the future. In addition to talking to appliances with help of text messages, these smart LG devices will offer additional features.

Smart refrigerators will let family members send photos to the fridge’s display from the smartphone using Line. Furthermore, users will be able to check what’s inside the fridge without opening the door and input foods in the Freshness Tracker feature of the Smart Manager app to monitor expiration dates. The app can also recommend dishes based on what’s inside the fridge.

Smart vacuums can be pre-programmed to clean the house at certain intervals, and provide more details when asked via text message on when the last cleaning was performed and what pattern was used.

As for the washing machine, HomeChat will let users download wash cycles to better suit their needs, but also to remotely start a load of laundry and monitor the status of the washer on the smartphone or LG Smart TV. Devices with NFC support such as LG Android handsets will be able to connect to the wash machine via NFC for diagnosis and to download new wash cycles.

Finally, the LG smart oven will be able to recommend recipes via the Recipe Search app combined with HomeChat, and auto-select the appropriate settings for the chosen dish.

Does any of that sound interesting to you? Will you buy more connected devices in the future to control them from your Android devices?

Source:: http://m.androidauthority.com/lg-homechat-text-your-washing-machine-vacuum-cleaner-fridge-327546/

4 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by ewizard1: 8:26am On Dec 27, 2013
ehen!!! Lemme now reposition mysef. i knew it was gonna get to FP!

Great innovation
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Leopantro: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2013
tasker - making smartphones and appliances smarter than phone users

1 Like

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 27, 2013
and people keep saying android will soon fall off... lol..i always say, not when google is around

3 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by 3coins(m): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2013
wen will africa becm advanced anof to cm up wiv
stuffs like diz?
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2013
3coins: wen will africa becm advanced anof to cm up wiv
stuffs like diz?
One day
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by jwills(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2013
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by jwills(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2013
D homechat for d refidgerator sounds perfect, coz there was a time i left my moms shop n 4got d fridge on overnight, all d drinks got bursted, if dat were possible i would have txt it 2 turn itself off, 'i like it'

1 Like

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by IboBoyNuel(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2013
That's real cool
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by 3coins(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2013
Brainrex:
One day
yeahh "one day" lol
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Leopantro: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2013
here's what you can use your phone to do

1) Read Texts in Car
Reads texts out loud, but
only while I'm driving
2) Efficient Charge
When plugged to a power
source, the brightness is
turned down, the screen
timeout is shortened, wifi
is turned off, and mobile
data is turned off. These
settings are returned to
normal as soon as the
phone is unplugged.
3) Heading Home Text
Created a home screen
button that, when
pressed, automatically
tells my wife I'm heading
home. There's also a
screen popup that tells
me the text went through
as a voice confirms my
text was sent.
4) At Home Text
Once my phone detects
my home's wifi, it texts
my wife that I'm home.
But only on workdays, at
the specified time range I
would normally arrive
home (not just every time
it detects my wifi).
There's also a screen
popup that tells me the
text went through as a
voice confirms my text
was sent.
5) Caller ID Ring
Replaced my ringtone
with a voice that a)
identifies the caller if
they're in my contacts or
b) tells me it's an
unknown number if
they're not in my
contacts (It also silences
when the phone is on the
appropriate silent mode)
6) Break-In Report
I'm very proud of this
one. If someone fails to
unlock my phone three
times, it secretly
photographs them, turns
on location services,
attaches the photo to an
email, sends me the
information along with its
GPS/wifi locations, the
name of the last detected
wifi network, and the
phone's battery level. All
whilst the phone is
locked.
I also use Tasker in
conjunction with the beta
app utter! for nearly
complete voice control of
the phone. It also means
that any words spoken
from the phone are
spoken in the new,
smooth voice of the new
Jelly Bean voice search.

how to use tasker

www.lifehacker.com/5930652/unleash-the-power-of-android-with-these-automated-apps

5 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nastydroid(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2013
if you are lazy like this post

2 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
Is it bad to book space I just book this one grin
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
I'd love to text with my broom
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Bantino(m): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Incredibly wonderful!!!
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Interesting!
Techology is sweet o!
I m proud to be part of this millenium.
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Okijajuju1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
[size=18pt]NEPA NO GO GREE THIS TECHNOLOGY WORK FOR HIA[/size]

12 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Can i say:

Washing machine, pls wash those clothes inside the basket in my room. Dry them, iron and carefully pack them back in the wardrobe'? undecided

2 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by bigx(m): 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
science fiction becoming reality,

I like
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by mazizitonene(m): 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
I like this

End time appliances

4 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by tungstar(m): 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Fantabulous!!!! grin
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by karmaleon: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
How about my toilet...?
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by ichommy(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
wow great
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Opiosko: 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
jwills: D homechat for d refidgerator sounds perfect, coz there was a time i left my moms shop n 4got d fridge on overnight, all d drinks got bursted, if dat were possible i would have txt it 2 turn itself off, 'i like it'
U might still forget to send the text, Hitech does not make a dumbass smarter. My 1kobo

3 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by purpinkx(m): 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Please what happened to switching off my change over when travelling ?

Sweep everymorning by 9 wash plate before i return ... Burn the house by 6

4 Likes

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Decapo: 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Great
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Afrocatalyst: 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Opiosko: U might still forget to send the text, Hitech does not make a dumbass smarter. My 1kobo
funny.
Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Hotdiamond(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
satowind: My people. Kedu ka unu mere. Calabar carnival tins.
you aagaain. you spam all the threads with this your picture. . how old are y...

1 Like

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by adezjamz(m): 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
satowind: My people. Kedu ka unu mere. Calabar carnival tins.

[size=24pt]You are slighthly turning to mr olodo posting ur photo evrerywhere[/size] angry

1 Like

Re: LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M / Strange Phone Call: Private Number / Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.