Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds (4615 Views)

CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries / Photo: Some Youths In Nigeria Argue That Nigeria Has 35 States. Leaders Of 2mor / Why Northern States Can’t Pay Minimum Wage, By Zamfara Gov . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by collynzo2(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Biggest deficit from South East = N27 billion
Smallest deficit from South East = N 2 billion
Biggest deficit from south west = N38 billion
Smallest deficit from South West = N17 billion
I guess we now know who the biggest parasites are.

1 Like

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by eaglechild: 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
eeeeeee:
Outdated Yoruba newspaper quoting stale statistics
Their source is old,i read it.

The proportion of people living in poverty in the
South East region rose from 13 percent in
1980 to 53 percent in 1996, before falling back to 27 percent in 2004. In the South West,
the poverty rate was 43 percent in 2004, up from 13.4 percent in 1980.

The South East’s infant and child mortality rates, at 66 and 103, respectively, are the lowest
of Nigeria’s six regions.

Not surprisingly, the region also exhibits the highest immunization
coverage among children ages 12 to 23 months
(45 percent fully vaccinated), the lowest
percentage of children under age five who are stunted (20 percent), and, among women
giving birth, the highest percentage who receive antenatal care from a health professional
(96 percent)
, two or more doses of tetanus toxoid (77 percent), and assistance by a health
professional during the birth (88 percent).

SOURCE
Nigeria: The Next Generation – Literature Review
May 2009
This literature review was undertaken as a part of
the Nigeria: The Next Generat
ion project, funded by the
British Council Nigeria. The review was prepared by Akochi Agunwamba, David Bloom, Abby Friedman, Marija
Ozolins, Larry Rosenberg, David Steven, and Mark Weston

Poverty rate is 43% in SW
and 27% in SE
Thanks for providing the recent stats.
Almost half of SWesterners live in abject poverty.

Imagine what happens if Lagos which has Igbo as the predominantly rich percentage is removed, then poverty rate will be about 80%.

1 Like

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by DocAdray(f): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
I weep for Nairaland, every thread is turned into a ground for tribal bashings.

Igbos/Yorubas, is this hatred the way forward? I hope it is only manifested on NL.

Pls say 'yes' to PEACE, live and let live.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
eaglechild: I don't get all the noise about IGR.

The SE has the lowest poverty rate.
The north has the highest, followed by the SW, so where is all the ghost IGR going?

Please beg your government to use their ghost IGR to empower your poor populace.

Please, take a look at this list real quick:

States that generated more than N10 billion in 2012 are Kano, Kaduna, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Enugu, Edo, Delta, Cross River and Akwa Ibom
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
eeeeeee:
Outdated Yoruba newspaper quoting stale statistics

1980 to 53 percent in 1996, before falling back to 27 percent in 2004. In the South West,

The South East’s infant and child mortality rates, at 66 and 103, respectively, are the lowest

percentage of children under age five who are stunted (20 percent), and, among women
giving birth, the highest percentage who receive antenatal care from a health professional
(96 percent)

SOURCE
May 2009
British Council Nigeria. The review was prepared by Akochi Agunwamba, David Bloom, Abby Friedman, Marija

and 27% in SE
How do officials in your useless Nigeria of a country get to put out these nonsense statistics with a straight face when you cant even tell how many citizens you have, state residents, or the exact amount of people in its workforce?

Lmaoo yall wont kill me with all these rubbish you post on here in the name of trying to look better than your neighbors.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by naijaking1: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
Do you notice how the states that can't support themselves have the highest number of useless senators and representatives
Until the states support themselves, and pay tax to the federal goverment, we're never going to have a stable union.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by agbameta: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
eeeeeee:
[s]Outdated Yoruba newspaper quoting stale statistics

(96 percent)

SOURCE
May 2009

and 27% in SE[/s]

TATISTICIAN GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION, DR. YEMI KALE

Nigeria's National Bureau of Statistics

I'm not interested in your old and bogus 419 nonsense by unknown and unqualified entities. Give my something current complied by the people the taxpayers of Nigerian pay to collect such data.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by eeeeeee: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta:

TATISTICIAN GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION, DR. YEMI KALE

Nigeria's National Bureau of Statistics

I'm not interested in your old and bogus 419 nonsense by unknown and unqualified entities. Give my something current complied by the people the taxpayers of Nigerian pay to collect such data.

What i gave you is from the British council not some uninformed newspaper journalist.
Thanks.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by naijaking1: 12:03am On Dec 28, 2013
When we run out of this curse, oil, then we'll be back to square one.
States will fold up, merge with others, or beg Igbos to pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseee help them survive.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by agbameta: 12:06am On Dec 28, 2013
eeeeeee:

What i gave you is from the British council not some uninformed newspaper journalist.
Thanks.

Kale said the South-West geo-political zone recorded the lowest with 59.1 per cent. .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/93-9-nigerians-considered-themselves-to-be-poor-nbs/#sthash.NyV2bizX.dpuf

How rettarded can you get. Is the nonsense council your statistician or DR kale of NBS.?

Some unknown and unqualified foreign entity knows more about your own country and your own government?
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by phase1: 12:06am On Dec 28, 2013
collynzo2: Biggest deficit from South East = N27 billion
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by phase1: 12:07am On Dec 28, 2013
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by shineeye: 12:21am On Dec 28, 2013
we spoon feed the nation oill give them oxygen right now so if GEJ one day decide to switch off the power it will be a desaster for our parasite cheesy
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by naijaking1: 12:24am On Dec 28, 2013
shine eye: we spoon feed the nation oill give them oxygen right now so if GEJ one day decide to switch off the power it will be a desaster for our parasite cheesy

They're still enjoying the loots of the civil!
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by shineeye: 12:31am On Dec 28, 2013
eaglechild:
Thanks for providing the recent stats.
Almost half of SWesterners live in abject poverty.

Imagine what happens if Lagos which has Igbo as the predominantly rich percentage is removed, then poverty rate will be about 80%.
chai 80%?this one na republic of somaoduduwa nawaooo poverty don enter them wellaa "infact" i don vex,am going back to my backyard to switch-off that oil tap.Anytime i go my place come see those pipe lines inside me i no what belong to us is feeding these APC=ALL PARASITE EYES ON CRUDE.E dey vex me seriously

1 Like

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by agbameta: 12:33am On Dec 28, 2013
shine eye: we spoon feed the nation oill give them oxygen right now so if GEJ one day decide to switch off the power it will be a desaster for our parasite cheesy

Coming from you parasites daily trooping to other people's land for survival and sustenance. You ever asked yourself why your forefathers left your land and why generations later are still leaving and heading to Yoruba land with the same parasitic culture?

Btw who is we? Everybody dey talk, dog too yell for attention...smh..
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by shineeye: 12:38am On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1:

They're still enjoying the loots of the civil!
civil loots will soon end by the time GEJ switch off the tap,their elite parasites will not see crude to suck anymore, like lice in the head they will fall out come and see APC foot soldiers in action.They will use red eye and rush them and collect what remain in their oga belle grin

1 Like

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by shineeye: 12:41am On Dec 28, 2013
agbameta:

Coming from you parasites daily trooping to other people's land for survival and sustenance. You ever asked yourself why your forefathers left your land and why generations later are still leaving and heading to Yoruba land with the same parasitic culture?

Btw who is we? Everybody dey talk, dog too yell for attention...smh..
is it lagos? osun boy your dry hot state generate merely 200 million naira a month na that one dey enter ur head?
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by agbameta: 12:59am On Dec 28, 2013
shine eye: is it lagos? osun boy your dry hot state generate merely 200 million naira a month na that one dey enter ur head?

Is poor state of Osun the reason why your forefathers left your land for Yoruba land and you and many generations are still leaving for Yoruba land?

Is poor state of Osun the reason why the same Osun state is richer than your erosion ravage and worthless wasteland?

Is the poor state of Osun the reason why Osun is building a new airport from scratch while you beggars end up with a run down repainted old airstrip

Let me tell you clueless dullards something about poverty.

When you leave the comfort of your own home and environment to seek survival elsewhere, it means you are poor while the people you go to are are not because they have more than enough buying power to buy from you and keep you alive.

Only mad and insane people go to poor places for greener pastures, not that we don't think you people are crazy anyways...
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by pazienza(m): 1:05am On Dec 28, 2013
collynzo2: Ondo (revenue, N10.1 billion; salaries, N48 billion) = N 38 billion deficit.
Ekiti (salaries N24 billion, revenue N3.cool = N21.8 billion deficit.
Osun (salaries N22.8 billion, revenue N5
billion) = N17.8 billion deficit.
Oyo (salaries N49 billion, revenue N14
billion) = N 35 billion deficit.
Abia (salaries, N30 billion; revenue, N3
billion) = N27 billion deficit.
Anambra (revenue, N6.1 billion; salaries, N16.3 billion) = N10.2 billion deficit
Ebonyi (salaries, N16.8 billion; revenue, N14 billion) = N2.8 billion deficit
Imo (revenue N6.8 billion, salaries N22.8
billion) = N16 billion deficit

Now,this puts things in perspective,and reinforces the fact that ndigbo depends less on their government as shown by the relative lower salaries of our states,and also frown at taxation by their govt as shown by the relatively lesser IGR by our states.

1 Like

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by phase1: 1:13am On Dec 28, 2013
agbameta:

Is poor state of Osun the reason why your forefathers left your land for Yoruba land and you and many generations are still leaving for Yoruba land?

Is poor state of Osun the reason why the same Osun state is richer than your erosion ravage and worthless wasteland?

Is the poor state of Osun the reason why Osun is building a new airport from scratch while you beggars end up with a run down repainted old airstrip

Let me tell you clueless dullards something about poverty.

When you leave the comfort of your own home and environment to seek survival elsewhere, it means you are poor while the people you go to are are not because they have more than enough buying power to buy from you and keep you alive.

Only mad and insane people go to poor places for greener pastures, not that we don't think you people are crazy anyways...

If i agree with your bolded that Igbos are crazy...aren't you also implying that you are poor...just saying. I mean this is logic here

Logic1:mad people go to poor places for greener pasture
Logic2: Igbos are crazy.
Logic3:Igbos go to yorubaland for greener pastures
Full Logic: Yorubas are poor.

na your mouth talk am o...no b me. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by theoctopus: 1:15am On Dec 28, 2013
Many of you are too blinded by tribalism to even understand the import of the report. Lagos state is not able to sustain itself because Fashola is performing. It is able to sustain itself because of the concentration of business from being a former federal capital and business capital. DOes Lagos generate money from natural resources? Absolutely no! Lagos generates money from the population density. What that means is that we have one big federal system mess. We have a structural failure right from independence. No state, including Lagos generates money from actually producing or developing anything. The richest states are either states that get the bigger share from Abuja or states that have a large population due to some historical advantage (e.g. Kano, Lagos, PH, Abuja). In America for example, states develop unique business proposition. Chicago, New York, Florida, are examples of states with unique business propositions that generate serious revenue.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by shineeye: 1:24am On Dec 28, 2013
phase1:

If i agree with your bolded that Igbos are crazy...aren't you also implying that you are poor...just saying. I mean this is logic here

na your mouth talk am o...no b me. lipsrsealed
thanks for the reply because laugh was nacking me for ground since i read that comment i swear i don see character for this place chai grin
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by hercules07: 1:26am On Dec 28, 2013
pazienza:

Now,this puts things in perspective,and reinforces the fact that ndigbo depends less on their government as shown by the relative lower salaries of our states,and also frown at taxation by their govt as shown by the relatively lesser IGR by our states.

No it does not, Lagos is part of SW so you need to add that of Lagos as well.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by atlwireles: 1:27am On Dec 28, 2013
No state in the SS has any deficit. You can site whatever numbers you want. We have enough resources to run N1T wage bill
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by agbameta: 1:40am On Dec 28, 2013
phase1: [s]

na your mouth talk am o...no b me. lipsrsealed[/s]

Reading and comprehension should have been part of your village education..

Ode, you are there because Yorubaland is not poor and if the place is poor, why are you there? Are you mad and crazy that you prefer to leave the comfort of your own home just go go and suffer in a poverty stricken land? Are you mad and crazy?

Why go there if the place is poor?

I know many of you are too dumb and retarded to see the idiocy and absurdities in all the unintelligent and pathetic nonsense you spew.

You are crazy anyways means regardless of your dumb reasons for going to poor places for survival, you are still crazy.

“But I think the basic issue Aka Ikenga must address is why people feel compelled to immigrate from one part of the country to the other? Is it the case that some lack the resources to develop or perhaps some parts are endowed with enormous resources but not adequately managed?
“How can development be so difficult from the zone that has produced people like Nnamdi Azikiwe, Alex Ekwueme, Ike Nwachukwu, among others? Gov. Fashola

1 Like

Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by Pangea: 7:02am On Dec 28, 2013
On behalf of the Lagosians grin
We have President Obasanjo to thank for this deliverance grin
Baba, we hail you for weaning Lagos off, the addictive oyel largesse that turns arable land to desert, wiped off the groundnut pyramids, removed Nigeria from the list of cocoa exporting nation and single handedly turn the country into a beggar nation grin

Kudos to Tinubu and Obasanjo grin

A lesson to GEJ
Please give the other governors the Obasanjo-Tinubu treatment,
Withdraw this highly addictive and incapacitating drug called OYEL grin
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by lorddannie: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2013
Dem burrows: Too bad. come to think of it those same loud mouthed lazy governors will still use same free money gotten from the federal gov to pay the press to insult the president anyhow. The problem Nigeria is having is our leaders especially the state governors.
that is why they said the "unity" of this country is not negotiable, despite the glaring incompatibility .

It's all about the free oil money they get every month to embezzle

The various states should be given the rights to fully control their resources, this would drive revenue generation
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by lorddannie: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2013
Pangea: On behalf of the Lagosians grin
Baba, we hail you for weaning Lagos off, the addictive oyel largesse that turns arable land to desert, wiped off the groundnut pyramids, removed Nigeria from the list of cocoa exporting nation and single handedly turn the country into a beggar nation grin

A lesson to GEJ
that theorem wouldn't work with other "highly parasitic" states whose entire existence hinges on the regular dosage of free oil funds.

this same states constitute the major problem to peaceful coexistence. It is either religion extremism, violence for failing in elections, terrorism, intolerance, unprovoked attacks, ethnic cleansing etc.

It's quite shameful, but withdrawing oil funds from some states would cause total collapse and anarchy and many would degenerate into armlets or autonomous communities with govt.
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by lorddannie: 11:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Pangea: On behalf of the Lagosians grin

A lesson to GEJ
that theorem wouldn't work with the highly parasitic states whose entire existence hinges on the free oil handouts or dosage that keep them alive.

What is even more worrisome is that these constitute the major problems bedeviling the nation, from issues of religious fanatism, intolerance, unprovoked attacks, dominance, born-to-rule syndrome, creation of Islamic state, threats, to terrorism.

It is quite pathetic, mess the we found ourselves in. But withdrawing the regular free dosage of oil funds would result in total collapse of some states and would degenerate many into mere villages, may be autonomous communities cheesy grin
Re: PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds by phase1: 11:32am On Dec 28, 2013
agbameta:

Reading and comprehension should have been part of your village education..

Ode, you are there because Yorubaland is not poor and if the place is poor, why are you there? Are you mad and crazy that you prefer to leave the comfort of your own home just go go and suffer in a poverty stricken land? Are you mad and crazy?

Why go there if the place is poor?

I know many of you are too dumb and retarded to see the idiocy and absurdities in all the unintelligent and pathetic nonsense you spew.

You are crazy anyways means regardless of your dumb reasons for going to poor places for survival, you are still crazy.

“But I think the basic issue Aka Ikenga must address is why people feel compelled to immigrate from one part of the country to the other? Is it the case that some lack the resources to develop or perhaps some parts are endowed with enormous resources but not adequately managed?
“How can development be so difficult from the zone that has produced people like Nnamdi Azikiwe, Alex Ekwueme, Ike Nwachukwu, among others? Gov. Fashola

Why are confusing yourself?..i thought Logic (GES 112) was part of Awo's free education largesse, where were you when Baba Awo was sharing his free education cake. Read what you wrote initially and re-read yourself again. Like seriously....hello!...are you making any sense here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.