Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Show Me Just One Verse...just One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Show Me Just One Verse...just One (2673 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2013
Christians!!!....I want you to show me just one verse...where jesus himself unequivocally or explicitly said "I am God,Worship me"....I don't want verses like I am light,or I am this or I am that...I want a clear statement...very clear. or can gggod come to this world as u have claimed and not leave one single explicit verse...rather than verses we can give different meaning to.wwwaiting....
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by PastorKun(m): 10:29am On Dec 27, 2013
Jesus NEVER claimed to be God, rather he made it clear on several occasions that he is the only begotten son of God and he was sent to mankind by God.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by shaqhead: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ooman(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2013
Pastor Kun: Jesus NEVER claimed to be God, rather he made it clear on several occasions that he is the only begotten son of God and he was sent to mankind by God.

pls post the verse where Jesus stated that "I am the only begotten son of God".
Thanks
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Ajibam: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2013
john 15: 16

16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you,that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

we ask in his name, we worship God through him... the bridge to God was broken before but He became the bridge and link us back. so, through the bridge, we will get to God...

and he is God, while on earth he is the fullness of God in man

colossians2:9
For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.

2 Likes

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ooman(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2013
^^this gibberish answers nothing.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Ajibam: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2013
ooman: ^^this gibberish answers nothing.
stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by raptureready: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
John 10:30, 38

30 I and my Father are one.

(the Jews tried to stone him for calling himself God)

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may
know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 1:1-3

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made
that was made.

John 14:10-11

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the
words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that
dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else
believe me for the very works' sake.

@op are these enough?

4 Likes

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
Shey na yoruba u wan make I speak....this is a really critical issue here...a matter of heaven or hell..do u think jesus will joke with such a matter that he wouldn't talk explicitly....u claim Jesus isn't god,but if I request u to pray...All I hear in ur prayer is Jesus's name...The most famous of which is "Jesu Oluwa wa". A clear and explicit verse is all I need From jesus himself....na who send every other pple work,na dem God send.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by raptureready: 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
U read wetin I write above at all?

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
You don't need any verse, you're just here to have fit. Nevertheless, let me spare you.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
Image123: You don't need any verse, you're just here to have fit. Nevertheless, let me spare you.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
who's relating this story please...I don't think this is jesus talking...seems u neva read the context either...I said Jesus's words...oro jesu
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareabiola98:

Shey na yoruba u wan make I speak....this is a really critical issue here...a matter of heaven or hell..

do u think jesus will joke with such a matter that he wouldn't talk explicitly....

u claim Jesus isn't god, but if I request u to pray... All I hear in ur prayer is Jesus's name...

The most famous of which is "Jesu Oluwa wa". A clear and explicit verse is all I need

From jesus himself
....na who send every other pple work,na dem God send.

@dareabiola98

Image123 inspite of the clear and obvious shenanigan has responded succinctly

but if you are not satisfied with his response, then the verse you are after is:

Luke 4:8:
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.

dareabiola98, I wonder what the Magi did when they did what they did and why?

dareabiola98, I wonder what Herod lied about that, he too, would like to do same, as the Magi. Huh?

"The most famous Jesu Oluwa wa" traditionally is due to the below verses and commandment

John 14:11
Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

John 14:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father

John 14:13
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareabiola98: who's relating this story please...I don't think this is jesus talking...seems u neva read the context either...I said Jesus's words...oro jesu

hahaha, you want Jesus' words, what an irony. i gave you God's words, can you read?

1 Like

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Jesus NEVER claimed to be God,

rather he made it clear on several occasions that he is the only begotten son of God and he was sent to mankind by God.

So not on point! Lobatan!!! Jesus Wept!!! cry cry cry

Where is the Dislike click or link when you need one? grin
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
BabaGnoni:

So, not on point! Lobatan!!! Jesus Wept!!! cry cry cry
He, Jesus, shall be called The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Jesus NEVER claimed to be God,

As you SEE ME, you have SEEN the Father, why do you ask again to SHOW you the Father.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
How can a son of a Spiritual Force/God be a man?

A son of a God has to be of the same species right?

Can a dog give birth to a chicken?

WHAT NONSENSE! angry
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareabiola98:

"I am God,Worship me".

The Apostles worshipped Him. Your question sound like what moslems would ask. UNTIL HE REVEALS HIMSELF TO THEM.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareabiola98:

.I said Jesus's words...oro jesu

There is. . . oro Jesu. You should find it by yourself. I didn't study my Bible in order to ENTERTAIN people that argue what they do not understand, instead of DESIRING to know.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
Why is it that people who have CHOSEN not to believe in Jesus worry themselves too much about Him?

Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

How can a son of a Spiritual Force/God be a man?

A son of a God has to be of the same species right?

Can a dog give birth to a chicken?

WHAT NONSENSE! angry

@PAGAN 9JA

PAGAN 9JA, don't work yourself up unnecessarily

"A son of a God has to be of the same species right?"

@^^^
- Yes, that is right

and that Son of God, in Heaven, is the sort, God the Father is, in Heaven (i.e. Spirit)

now that Son of God, on Earth, is the sort, man is, on Earth (i.e. homo sapiens)

"Can a dog give birth to a chicken"?

@^^^
- No! Tufiakwa!! angry angry angry grin

Dogs can not give birth to chickens. "Nor can a zebra give birth to a dog". It is impossible and even unlikely God will permit it

but that does not preclude God from not generating or producing Himself to be in Heaven and Earth at the same time

"WHAT NONSENSE!" angry

@^^^
- No! Sire!!
Beg to differ because with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
Everything spoken by God is possible

Oluwa (i.e. Lord)
Oluwa wa (i.e. Our Lord)
Olorun (i.e. Owner of Heaven)
Alewilese (i.e. He that can Speak and Act)
Aleselewi (i.e. He that can Act and Speak)
Olorun to le se ohun gbogbo (i.e. Owner of Heaven who can do all things)
Alagbara lorun ati laye (i.e. Powerful in heaven and on the earth)
Oba onise nla (i.e. Worker of regal and great things)
Onise iyanu (i.e. Miracle worker)
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
The Old Testament established that The Messiah is The Almighty God. So Jesus fulfilled all Messianic Scriptures, including being born in Bethlehem in the lineage of King David.

As an all-conquering King like David, so envisioned by several Prophets, the Jews generally wondered how such an ordinary man could conquer the usurping Roman empire. But He did, whole and entire.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
BabaGnoni:

but that does not preclude God from not generating or producing Himself to be in Heaven and Earth at the same time

The angel said, The Spirit of God shall overshadow you Mary, and you will conceive, and The Child shall be known as The Son of The Most High, fulfilling the PROPHECY of Isaiah.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Kei144(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
While Jesus was on earth, He was fully a man, greatly anointed with the Spirit of God. After His resurrection from the dead, He became an express image of the living God--He is in every sense God.

Mk. 10:17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
Mk. 10:18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No-one is good — except God alone.

Col. 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
Col. 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
Col. 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Col. 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
Col. 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fulness dwell in him,
Col. 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

He. 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
He. 1:4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Re. 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the centre of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits [Or the sevenfold Spirit] of God sent out into all the earth.

Let me use this opportunity to explain Col 1:16 quoted above. Christians use this verse and others like it to argue that Jesus existed in eternity past. Heb 1:4 talks about the name that Jesus inherited. "Inheritance" is the key to understanding everyone who is in Christ, starting with Jesus Himself. God Himself is pictured in the spirit realm to be a rocky mountain (Dan 2:45, Rev 4:3). Rev 4:3 (NIV) says that God has the appearance of jasper and carnelian; these are rocky substances. Dan 2:45 shows that a rock came out of the mountain. The Rock is an arm of God. When God wants to give a human being inheritance (as His Son), He hews a stone from His arm (the Rock) and puts the stone in the human being. The human being has now received the divine essence--he is now absolutely like God. The human being now exists in both eternity past and eternity future. Yet this godliness starts at a particular time; before that time this godliness did not exist. But once the godliness begins, the person who possesses the godliness now exists in both eternity past and eternity future; that is what being like God is all about. The stone of God put into the person makes it possible.

The description in the preceding paragraph does not only apply to Jesus. Christians (both living and dead) that will participate in the rapture will also receive stone hewed from the Rock of God. And they will also become like God. They will also exist in both eternity past and eternity future. This is the mystery of Christ.

1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, [Or when it is made known] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

1Ti. 3:16 Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He [Some manuscripts: God] appeared in a body, [Or in the flesh] was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

1Pe. 2:4 As you come to him, the living Stone — rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him —
1Pe. 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Re. 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Ep. 1:18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.

Ep. 5:5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person — such a man is an idolater — has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. [Or kingdom of the Christ and God]

He. 9:15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance — now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

1Pe. 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe. 1:4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade — kept in heaven for you,
1Pe. 1:5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Notice from 1 Pe 1:5 that salvation (giving of the inheritance) will take place in the last time (after the rapture). It is wonderful that many Christians are afraid of end time. In fact, they hate to hear it. But end time means time to receive the inheritance.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
it seems pple here are speaking gibberish,u mean to tell me you base ur faith on words I can give another meaning to and would even make beta sense thatn ur explanation of it....Now through the whole of the bile,You can't produce 1 explicit statement of jesus christ himself...He was sent,I agree!...what message did he bring..No one's answering...qouting me verses of me and my father are 1...Did the same Jesus not claim that his desciples are also one with the father.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Now you ask why Muslims are so inquisitive about Jesus...We ought to...We love Isa(as) more than u do...when u call some1 what he isn't(its blasphemy) and when u call him what he truly is(its praise)...We want to clear the wrong notions u have about our holy prophet...Because if u can't produce a verse where he claimed divinity...it shows ur liars...then I'll show you verses where he explicitly said he's been sent(abi who has the right to send God on an errand)...no 1...meaning there's a greater Power..and he's a messanger and slave to that power.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by Image123(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareabiola98: Now you ask why Muslims are so inquisitive about Jesus...We ought to...We love Isa(as) more than u do...when u call some1 what he isn't(its blasphemy) and when u call him what he truly is(its praise)...We want to clear the wrong notions u have about our holy prophet...Because if u can't produce a verse where he claimed divinity...it shows ur liars...then I'll show you verses where he explicitly said he's been sent(abi who has the right to send God on an errand)...no 1...meaning there's a greater Power..and he's a messanger and slave to that power.

duh, you're muslin. Do i really have time for these? Anyway, i heard that your holy book says you fellows should listen to us(believers) or so. Is that not true? Why are you disobeying that?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by ckkris: 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareabiola98:

Now you ask why Muslims are so inquisitive about Jesus...We ought to...We love Isa(as) more than u do.

Now there's no point discussing with a person that can never understand. Jesus is Prince of Peace, not a warrior, and His followers CAN NEVER BE TERRORISTS.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by FromGuiriga(m): 3:34am On Dec 28, 2013

Why is so hard to say that there is no such verse?

If there is no such verse then be honest with the man and yourself and say there is no such verse.

Simple.

Give thanks.
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by BabaGnoni: 8:14am On Dec 28, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Why is so hard to say that there is no such verse?

If there is no such verse then be honest with the man and yourself and say there is no such verse.

Simple

Give thanks.

@From_Guiriga @dareabiola98

It is not hard, we were just guiding, steering and trying to turn a mischievous prank vehicle in the right direction

OK, hands up!
angry angry grin smiley tongue

There is no verse per se, to repeat or quote verbatim from for dareabiola98

Are you both happy and now pleased?

However on the basis of evidence and reasoning from other verses, Jesus is Lord and was worshiped

In Luke 4:8: when satani, told Jesus he will give things to Jesus if he Jesus will fall down and worship satani

Jesus answered
satani, saying: “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”

dareabiola98 & From_Guiriga, we wonder whatever is it the Magi did, when they went to meet Jesus to do what they did and why?

dareabiola98 & From_Guiriga we also wonder whatever is it Herod lied about, that he too, would like to do same, as the Magi. Huh?

What was it the Magi did?
Re: Show Me Just One Verse...just One by dareabiola98(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2013
ckkris: Now there's no point discussing with a person that can never understand. Jesus is Prince of Peace, not a warrior, and His followers CAN NEVER BE TERRORISTS.
grin...what makes u think I won't understand...u explain,I concede...I dunno what ur implying with the terrorism....the war wc claimed most life in the history of the universe was spearheaded by a catholic,should I now label all Xtians terrorist....provide a verse,ur talking terrorism...how do they relate..Am I holding a gun to your head.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers / Oriki Ige / What Is The Meaning Of Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.